Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68954 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by MightySparrow: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
It's paining the Cardinal.. shocked cool grin
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ezionye(f): 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
Coloradvantage:
see them.... even Abraham and men of old talked and question GOD almighty. some will say no no no Dan please Dont go there..., please! sure talk bishop! how many people are the churches helping.... set up something viable... you will still make the money..,. but the difference is, you will affect the masses economically on a very large scale

Quotest thou me for what?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Reeberry: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
Amarabae:
We are now more religious than the people who brought christianity to us.
So because he they brought Christianity, that now means they môre to be religious?

You wise gan ooo. Iranu undecided
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by FrankGiel: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
Empredboy:
calculate the no of mass/ service and average Catholic do on Sunday.
Even with the no. mass. It doesn't get to 10000.. That's an exaggeration..
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by frakdon(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

And you are among the many reasons why your own destiny is as warped as it is....
hmmmm
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by wizjid69: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Amarabae:
the number of worshippers in one catholic parish is equaivalent to that of 15 Redeemed church branches combined.
Its not about how many members are in a church but how many are truly saved. That is most relevant and important thing.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cold blooded reply... grin grin

Amarabae:
the number of worshippers in one catholic parish is equaivalent to that of 15 Redeemed church branches combined.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by youngdabold(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
seunmsg:

Really? So they have more customers than Redeem, that's interesting. Tell me more, why is your cardinal so scared right now? grin grin grin
.....There is actually an iota of truth in his statement....There is no point building multitudes of churches close to each other and at the end of the day they end up fighting for worshippers especially the same church in the same street....its not worth it
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by youngdabold(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
To me,one branch a street is even too much...lands that are supposed to be used to create employment for the jobless youths are now turned into business centres...The Bishop has a strong point....If you clearly go through the gospels you find out that the people actually went out seeking Jesus if they heard that he was in town,distance wasn't a barrier,so one branch a town or at foremost two is enough....moreover you find out that during the sermon,if Jesus found out that they were hungry,he ends up feeding the them but instead the poor unemployed masses put in offering,pay tithes,sponsor projects and church development programs.....
Most christians that don't attend church on Sundays do that because of no offering...gone are the days the offering basket are brought to you,now everybody go line by line to front of the church to put offering so that everybody in the church will know who contributed and who didn't...
I went to my friends church for child dedication and on getting there,I was given three envelopes,one for tithe,newcomers offering and church development and project support...that is to show you the level of business going on in churches nowadays....
MAY GOD HELP US TO DISCERN BETWEEN THE FAKE AND True PROPHETS...AMEN
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by adedayoa2(f): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope and preaches hate and fear.
i'm happy
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2017
designVATExcel:

Dude you understand what I'm saying na.
Even the Bible says the mind is willing but the body is weak.
It's the same reason not everyone prays everyday, or meditates on the word daily.

Have you finished reading your bible Gen- Rev? infact theoretically speaking every Christian should finish the Bible every year, but most times other activities take up our time and we aren't encouraged to read the Bible.

Whether we like it or not we are all driven by motivation, it's the reason people go to work regardless of the distance, we are getting a paycheck and there are consequences (deductions) for absenteeism or lateness.
With church going on the other hand, we don't see an immediate repercussion.

God helps us all.
That's why we are told in Galatians 5:16 to walk in the Spirit so as not to fulfill the lust of the flesh. Anyone claiming to be a Christian & doesn't take his/her prayer life & bible study serious is not doing him/herself any favour. I confess that I haven't read the bible genesis to revelations but by the grace of God I would step up in that area & see if I can do that. However, no day is complete without me at least opening the word of God & seeking His face. That is what Christianity is about; being dissatisfied with 1's present level & cooperating with God's grace to go higher in our walk with God, not offering excuses & rationalizing 1's lukewarmness. As for motivation, isn't the kingdom of God sufficient? Nothing should ever come before that. Nothing deserves more attention or dedication than making heaven. Anything that does that is an Idol. You say you don't see any immediate repercussion for missing church? Don't you know a little yeast leavens the entire lump? That's the 1st step in the enemy's plan to lead us astray. He starts by isolating us gradually from the gathering of the brethren. From missing 1 or 2 Sundays, he would bring up something that would make us feel offended sometimes using people in the church. Next thing, we tell ourselves that we don't have to go to church since the people in there are not any better than those in the world. 1 would then decide to start staying at home to read the bible & pray on Sundays rather than going to church. Then, he starts releasing a barrage of temptations at the person focusing on the individual's weaknesses & before you know, that person falls.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Gggg102(m): 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
why r people arguing for most populated church that's not what matters what matters is if they are true Christians
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by HERSLEY(f): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2017
seunmsg:

Really? So they have more customers than Redeem, that's interesting. Tell me more, why is your cardinal so scared right now? grin grin grin
u r fond of stupid posts kiss
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by calculusx(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2017
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by MikaelsonRx(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2017
kirajustice:
Cardinal Anthony Okogie, Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has verbally knifed the presiding pastor of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Enoch Adeboye over his plan to have as many church branches as possible.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Okogie criticized Adeboye's move saying that the branches were 'mere business centres' as there was nothing Godly as having churches in close proximity. He told New telegraph;

"In order to bring us together and to get sanity back into this country, the fear of God must be number one. Nigerians of today don’t care a hoot about God.For example, I heard that one of my colleagues, (Pastor Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches everywhere so as to make it easy for worshipers to walk to them. But for me, that is a useless statement. How can you say you will build churches everywhere?

What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?

Every day we hear of killings and other things that we were not hearing before.We can’t even walk on the streets freely. You have to be watching yourself left, right and centre to know who the man coming behind you is. It wasn’t like that before. Churches must ensure that there is fear of God.And I’m just telling you that those churches that he is talking about are just business centres."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/08/useless-statement-cardinal-okogie-fires-adeboye-church-expansion/

Still looking for the day something good will come out of Catholic. Are there not Catholic churches everywhere in Nigeria? Why criticize someone who wants to build as many churches as possible? Like it's a crime if there are more churches than any other building in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.