Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68947 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by calculusx(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
What could make 2 different Redeemers be fighting over someone to attend their own Branch if not for business grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by kaydp: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
calculusx:
What could make 2 different Redeemers be fighting over someone to attend their own Branch if not for business grin grin
lool
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Benekruku(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
Redeem Church is a franchise!

Anybody can buy it when the price is right
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Christaks(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spylord48:
This is just the fact.I wonder why corruption is at an alarming state despite all the churches we have around.In a street alone,you Will see up to 6 different churches and 2 RCCG with all of them competing on who will win "NOISE CHAMPIONSHIP " for the street. Every night one won't sleep because of the kind of prayers and warfare that is going on.
I just Hop some of these churches will come together and build industries and employ our youths,build better and affordable hospitals and school.

I love d part about employment....

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Christaks(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....

So after dt ( brainwashing u wit promises of wealth and tithes and blessing upon upon blessing) ..u later entered heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Jerry79: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
I fill blame game in this matter is a mid-placed priority here. The churches scattered around everywhere are affecting lives spiritually,souls are been saved. If no church there,something else would be there. At least opportunities have been created for all to get the Word,and him/herself to be blame if they go their ways. But,I think MOG need to tell their congregation that hard work pays,no food for a lazy man,faith without work is dead.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Martinez19(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
He said adeboye is opening churches upandan..... True
He said the only way to restore togetherness and SANITY, we should have the fear of God..... me I am not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by adolf444: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....

like seriously seriously
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by stevejomo(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pastorpreneur
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by CioAngels(f): 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
Christians are quick to say God says don't judge, yet, they are quick to condemn their fellow christians. If he likes he should build 20 on a street, if you don't teach your followers to stop hating other christians in vain. Pa okogie sir, i believe you sir, the churches are business centers. They will import banned goods falsify documents and then day are given waivers not to pay import duties of millions naira. Thats the kind of christians that we are. Money minting factories that is what such churches are. Pa okogie sir, i hope your church is not toeing their step in area of tithes, repeated offering, sowing feeds, buy motor for pastors, pastors shoes, suits are old and poor souls will starve buy thngs for pastors and GOs.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
d number of Churches doesn't matter.... wat matters is d number of Christians in dose churches
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gloryman91: 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
These are the kind of clergy Nigeria needs not the present set of CAN of liars.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by deavicky(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
Just wondering what the cardinal is talking about. Is it that the church bring more sin or what. Or don't he think it would have been worse without churches every.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Bullhari: 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.

one catholic outstation in an area (not the parish) is usually more populated than the entire RCCG in the zone.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
judedwriter:

As long as this corrupt earth remains, sin will always and has always been a problem, notwithstanding the church. It's Jesus that cures sin, not the Church.
I know Christ cures sin but do you think building of churches everywhere will help reduce it. .? our case here in nigeria is different. .church tins na is now becoming like a business and members are still unrepentant. .may God guide our conscience and make us all blemish. .Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Hedonistically: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:

That is why you're a mugu. And possibly a mugu for life.

Deception is always more 'interesting' and more dramatic than plain reality. Same reason why foolish women always fall for liars and playboys with fake sweet mouth more than honest guys with honest intentions.

Dance your way to financial ruin. The Pentecostal business centres want to entertain and beguile you so that you would empty your pockets into their offering baskets. If you can't see that, then na you sabi.

7 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by seguntijan(m): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Christianity and Islam in Nigeria has been 80% Drama, 15% Confusion and 5% Salvation Doctrines!!!
From Pretty Charry wall :
"Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.
Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.
Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.
These are countries considered largely atheist in nature, yet so blessed.
Come to Owerri town, SE Nigeria, from MCC junction to Toronto junction, there are 36 churches. That stretch of about 5 km harbours 36 churches, more churches than the entire Switzerland.
Between Owerri and Mgbidi l counted 97 churches and gave up. According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches.
We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined. More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.
Yet none of those claims reflect in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy spirit.
Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and spirituality."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by driand(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

Really? So they have more customers than Redeem, that's interesting. Tell me more, why is your cardinal so scared right now? grin grin grin
I don't think the cardinal is scared, after all Catholics consist of over 20% of the entire human race,

I'm a catholic but at same time I love pastor Adeboye, I respect him a lot but he's disappointed me by never speaking up for the masses,

A true shepherd defends his flock from wolfs, lions, politicians, hunger, Boko Haram and everyother negativity,

When men like Adeboye begin to speak up for the masses when politicians come for blessings, our fortunes will start improving as a country..
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by girl4rmspace(f): 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.

You think redeem has more branches than the Catholic Church? Are you trying to be a comedian or something?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by LuckyLadolce(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:
the number of worshippers in one catholic parish is equaivalent to that of 15 Redeemed church branches combined.
I'm a Muslim though, but you nailed this! If I was a Christian, I was going to be a Catholic. Not so rampant, well organized and respected all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Mordyb: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
Legolast:
Muslims Owned Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria are affordable to the middle class but Christians owned Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Institutions are exclusively reserved for the Children of the RICH!!!

Practice what you preach my people!!!

#NoToReligionHypocrisy!!!
Hold it right there stop spreading lies
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Shaev7(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

I quote you wrong.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Symbei(f): 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

In the whole of Nigeria. Catholic churches are more

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by joxxy01(m): 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Baseless and disjointed points...some people can be so jealous.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 11:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
gare:

Cardinal why are you so bitter? Has he come to ask you for money, why don't you just mind your ministry and allow us build our church, that is the man's vision, ok tell your vision ? From what I see your own vision is to fight men of God.

Please let them be, I beg you
That man you think is being bitter is expressing his own opinion, which I think is true. If you know of Anthony Cardinal olubunmi Okogie ever since he was bishop of Lagos catholic diocese, he is plain & calls it ho-ha. During the dark days of military rule & abuse, he was 1 of the few church leaders that spoke against it. Isn't what he's saying true? In almost every street, close or crevice in Nigeria, we have a church if not churches. It isn't uncommon to see different denominations in 1 building yet evil, hypocrisy, wickedness & vice abounds while the fear of God & true righteousness is extremely low. Quantity has now supplanted quality. I heard that it was something like this that led to the collapse of Christianity in the middle east. Christians there became more interested in building magnificent structures than building true disciples & soldiers of Christ. I also heard that the 7 churches that were spoken of in the book of revelations were in modern day turkey, which is nowa country with a Muslim majority. The bitter truth is this; God is not impressed by the number of churches we erect but rather how many true followers of His are present there. God is not impressed by how many people fill up the church building but how many people there are filled with Him & to be filled with God, 1 has to 1st empty 1 self of self, rebellion & other impurities. We lack the fear of God in this country; that's is why many of us claim to be Christians or Muslims yet still caress & toy with evil. That's why an average Nigerian is always looking for how to swindle, cheat or take undue advantage of his neighbour. Why would people steal food from IDPs? Godlessness & lack of fear of God. Why the high rate of crime? Same cause. High corruption rate? Same cause. We need to stop deceiving ourselves. All those prayers & crusades we organise to pray for Nigeria & all those monies government spends to sponsor pilgrimages (both Christian & Muslim) wouldn't change squat. Whatever we sow, we shall reap. Isn't it shameful that atheist nations possess more integrity than we do? Let every house be a church; Nigeria would continue deteriorating until we all forsake evil (public & private) & do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by DEMOO07: 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spylord48:

A church that has 4 branches on a street that isnt up to 1km is that one church?worst is that their members might not be up to 10 yet U will b suprised with the kind of noise pollution coming out from there.
my brother God bless you. I don't expect this kind of comment from so called MOG that is spirit filled that study his bible. I see this as envy. When there was no rccg, that catholic were everywhere who complained. I remember okogie and the Catholics fighting jakande the then gov of lagos over hijacking there lands at Maryland and elsewhere for building public schools. Rcch mission was to reach as many as possible with no excuse of the word of God not reaching you at judgement day. Or is he in position to judge anybody? He should be careful and ask of forgiveness from God. In this present world, among the two of them who propagates the gospel more as God mandated? At least no matter the complaint about Church, there is no exception.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by FrankGiel: 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Empredboy:
my friend rccg can't be like Catholic in every aspect.
The catholic has an average population in each parish of 10000. If rccg in your area is 7, can their population be up to 10000 combine?
Average of 10000 per parish?? Take it easy with the lie.. Eko expo hall is designed to accommodate 5 000 people. Which Catholic church is bigger than the expo hall??
Cardinal talking sense even though there was no point calling out another ministry..
Redeem members in Lagos and most parts of Nigeria (can't speak for the East) far outnumber any other denomination including the catholics.. Its a fact..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by donnaD(f): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
kirajustice:
Cardinal Anthony Okogie, Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has verbally knifed the presiding pastor of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Enoch Adeboye over his plan to have as many church branches as possible.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Okogie criticized Adeboye's move saying that the branches were 'mere business centres' as there was nothing Godly as having churches in close proximity. He told New telegraph;

"In order to bring us together and to get sanity back into this country, the fear of God must be number one. Nigerians of today don’t care a hoot about God.For example, I heard that one of my colleagues, (Pastor Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches everywhere so as to make it easy for worshipers to walk to them. But for me, that is a useless statement. How can you say you will build churches everywhere?

What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?

Every day we hear of killings and other things that we were not hearing before.We can’t even walk on the streets freely. You have to be watching yourself left, right and centre to know who the man coming behind you is. It wasn’t like that before. Churches must ensure that there is fear of God.And I’m just telling you that those churches that he is talking about are just business centres."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/08/useless-statement-cardinal-okogie-fires-adeboye-church-expansion/
why is the Archbishop crying more than the bereaved.?? is it his money that is used to build or plant the churches or is he the one preaching the sermons in thoes churches.which one is his own??why can't he face is rev fathers and sisters.otito deri jesu
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by DEMOO07: 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
What is the economic benefit of having numerous churches on the street when social vices has not come down with the proliferation of those churches. I'm a Redeemer but I'm tired of planting churches everywhere instead of building cottage industries.
what if there are no Churches, don't you think the vices would have increased? Do you know how many people that have been blessed by these churches, those that have discovered themselves through inspirational teachings and communities that have evolved? Please I urge you to attend Churches with opened mind and see how God turn you around. Am even inviting okogie, he will change his church and become born again.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gemale(m): 12:17am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Yes, o! I am much better now, after I changed churches. My faith is stronger, my old fears are gone and I pray far better than I used to, in the past. No more bad dreams, too. grin Isn't it my prerogative to change churches? The Bible says those who believe in Jesus Christ shall have eternal life, not those who attend a particular church every day. Spot the difference, if you can.
If what you claim is true, thanks be to God brother. However, don't try to attribute your present state to changing churches. You obviously weren't serious with God before. The fact that you used to sleep in church is proof enough. I think that if you had sought God truly before changing churches, you wouldn't have changed because you would still have the same results. I used to be lukewarm & apathetic before the Lord rescued me & now I actually look forward to & enjoy mass even when I went to a place where it was conducted in a language I didn't understand. I just asked someone nearby to interpret. The rosary I used to recite mechanically before; God has helped me to meditate on them, drawing insight & messages from them. The sacraments of penance & Eucharist now offer deeper meaning, draws me closer to God & channel grace to me, especially in trying moments. Now I am full of thanks that I belong to the church founded by Jesus Himself. Still, I concede that I have barely scratched the surface. There's way more I haven't yet discovered.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Jsaviour(f): 12:24am On Oct 09, 2017
My small street alone has 5 redeem churches. I think it's rather too much abeg. I attend redeem and some parishes don't have up to 20 members and they still plant church everyday. It doesn' t make sense please.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Tizbid(m): 12:25am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Was your life transformed to a more righteous one after either of the two encounters with both denominations?...if yes,Glory to God. But if no...pls search for jesus not denominations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.