Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68942 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by dedunji: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.
you lost the topic is not what you saying.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by designVATExcel: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2017
gemale:

If you ever feel discouraged to go to church, fall on your knees instantly & rebuke the devil, command him to get behind you. That church is far is a very poor excuse to give. Isn't it in this same country that people who live in mowe, ibafo, agbara, sango ota (Ogun State) work in Lagos & report to work every weekday sometimes as early as 5, 6 AM? People who live in nasarawa work in abuja & yet they don't offer that excuse to their bosses. Why can't that same dedication be shown to God?

Dude you understand what I'm saying na.
Even the Bible says the mind is willing but the body is weak.
It's the same reason not everyone prays everyday, or meditates on the word daily.

Have you finished reading your bible Gen- Rev? infact theoretically speaking every Christian should finish the Bible every year, but most times other activities take up our time and we aren't encouraged to read the Bible.

Whether we like it or not we are all driven by motivation, it's the reason people go to work regardless of the distance, we are getting a paycheck and there are consequences (deductions) for absenteeism or lateness.
With church going on the other hand, we don't see an immediate repercussion.

God helps us all.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by dedunji: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2017
gare:

Cardinal why are you so bitter? Has he come to ask you for money, why don't you just mind your ministry and allow us build our church, that is the man's vision, ok tell your vision ? From what I see your own vision is to fight men of God.

Please let them be, I beg you
reedem customer have arrived
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Tobiloba84: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2017
To answer you, RCCG owns it all.. I wont forget to tell you he is quite rich also because people wont stop blessing him with gift (since there are testimonies that follows), everyone wants to sow a seed in his life. If he stops being the Overseer today, he is taking nothing out of RCCG except his personal properties which aren't the schools or jet you hammering on.
Nne5:
Preach it cardinal preach!

They say these MOG don't have money talk more of 'touch' it.

But I keep asking who own all the offerings and tithes given every Sunday?

Who own the private jets?

Who own the schools and universities?
I tire!

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by seunmsg(m): 7:39am On Oct 09, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

See paadi lonlo ni abi semeesi micheali mimo?

Igbagbo paadi oya Ju rara now grin. Ati paadi ati semeesi, emi o kin lo si nkan kan o.

When are you going to reveal yourself to me?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.
There is nothing like false hope.
Hope is hope!
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2017
It has always been business , the recession is biting hence the need for more business centres sorry churches.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by wingmanII: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Calm down. It is possible for RCCG to have as many branches as the Catholic Church. Don't forget that for many years, the Catholic church did not embrace church planting as fast as the pentecostal churches did. In my area for example, there is just one Catholic church serving a population of over 20,000 people in one estate. But in comparison over 7 RCCG churches also exist within the same estate. Now, who do you think would have the greater number of worshippers?
So why are they not planting as aggressively in the rural communities? That tells you the whole thing is a commercial venture and nothing to do with salvation of souls. On the other hand, I can tell you with all confidence that every village in South East Nigeria and to some extent Middle belt has at least one or two Catholic churches same in many rural communities in East and South Africa.
Please the RCCG is way too young to compare with the Catholic church and I find it amusing and silly that anybody could do that.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Brianpat(m): 8:23am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....

it's simple, the road to hell is wide, with many dancing into it.... but the road to heaven....guess u know the rest

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Christaks(m): 8:36am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Have you been brainwashed before.... is that why you think it happens to other people??

And yes or no

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ignyte(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

There is no difference. It is the same wafer & wine - body & blood of our Lord Jesus. I have received the sacrament in both churches. Once you understand the significance, there is no problem. The only difference is the names given to it. Period.

Awon bros. RCCG doesn't have consecration
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by ojonugwap(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2017
Religious are jokes and a scam
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gare(f): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2017
dedunji:
reedem customer have arrived

May God have mercy on you
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by uglodoh(f): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

Calm down. It is possible for RCCG to have as many branches as the Catholic Church. Don't forget that for many years, the Catholic church did not embrace church planting as fast as the pentecostal churches did. In my area for example, there is just one Catholic church serving a population of over 20,000 people in one estate. But in comparison over 7 RCCG churches also exist within the same estate. Now, who do you think would have the greater number of worshippers?

Catholic churches are not sited anyhow. Catholic Build cathedrals.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by DKERIAN(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2017
May the Almighty God save this our generation.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by larrybee2017(f): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2017
kirajustice:
Cardinal Anthony Okogie, Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has verbally knifed the presiding pastor of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Enoch Adeboye over his plan to have as many church branches as possible.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Okogie criticized Adeboye's move saying that the branches were 'mere business centres' as there was nothing Godly as having churches in close proximity. He told New telegraph;

"In order to bring us together and to get sanity back into this country, the fear of God must be number one. Nigerians of today don’t care a hoot about God.For example, I heard that one of my colleagues, (Pastor Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches everywhere so as to make it easy for worshipers to walk to them. But for me, that is a useless statement. How can you say you will build churches everywhere?

What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?

Every day we hear of killings and other things that we were not hearing before.We can’t even walk on the streets freely. You have to be watching yourself left, right and centre to know who the man coming behind you is. It wasn’t like that before. Churches must ensure that there is fear of God.And I’m just telling you that those churches that he is talking about are just business centres."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/08/useless-statement-cardinal-okogie-fires-adeboye-church-expansion/

And this man na cardinal? What a waste. When a man spend all his life drinking beer and sleeping with useless sister this is what happen. Can you imagine the shit coming out of a man who is better of an agbero.
Do you think if Muslim have the chance they won't even build a mosque where your church is? Why are pastors attacking pastors? If that is his mission and vision oga oloti what is your own vision for the Lord. How do you intend to bring men to God oga cardigan?
Pastor should be role model in their speech not brainless and senseless.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by luckydion(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2017
I won't want to criticise, let that aspect be unto the Lord's, whose good news is Preached.

Talking about Church expansion, I personally see no wrong in it:

Rreasons:

1. it's better for worshipers to walk to their various worship centers. Proximity is a tool that promotes or hinders some people from getting the message or freedom. look at the economy (e.g. nigeria) today, how can many worshipers travelled on bike or cars, etc transporting to their various worship centres? Again, when proximity to residence is considered, too much should also be locked out because of pollutants (noise and others)

2. My dear readers, human being are growing, I mean multiplying geometrically how do you expect to gather these heads under one roof in this unsafe nation? Hum! Let us be realistic, why infighty of preachers?

3. Consider communicable diseases, can't we be real? You want to gather millions of worshipper in one place, tight them as "in-living beings"?

Furthermore, I call to You preachers, to reunite, preach the true message, forget about popularity through which many preachers have missed the true way.

The body of Christ is One, God the trinity is United but men, gospel preachers have segregated it. e.g.
some preach the hands which they can see or reach, some the head, some go for the legs, some the healing, some the wealth, some the blessings, some the salvation etc. These preachers have" brain washed" their members hitting one's head against another restricting them from attending other worship centres because of so many reasons i can't mention here, so these affected worshipers travel far to their various centres signing against others they may come across on their way. I suppose You preachers solve these problems within yourselves rather than sending the rain down to the public to confuse the young believers or worshipers in your various churches, this is a big tears, preacher fighting each others.

Allow your members, your bounded members, your sheep to be free, let them attend their nearby churches/worship centres rather than you going to their areas opening churches on your name. Please Stop segregation, disunited has dealt with Christian body in Nigeria and Nationwide.

Well. I pray one day the "Water overflows its bounds......"

I canvas for freedom and Unity in Christiandom

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by wonder233: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2017
Even while on earth on divine assignment, Jesus had a JOB (carpentry) with which he catered for his upkeep.
But in Nigeria, you ask certain people what they do for a living, they tell you stuff like "full time ministry, "man-of-God", "pastor", etc.
You can't own the ministry more than the owner; the owner himself worked to earn a living! Jesus never took a dime from anyone under any guise or justification.
No, matter the technicalities and nuances some may want to proffer as justification for some set of people living off others, it is wrong!
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by ehissi(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2017
kirajustice:
Cardinal Anthony Okogie, Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has verbally knifed the presiding pastor of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Enoch Adeboye over his plan to have as many church branches as possible.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Okogie criticized Adeboye's move saying that the branches were 'mere business centres' as there was nothing Godly as having churches in close proximity. He told New telegraph;

"In order to bring us together and to get sanity back into this country, the fear of God must be number one. Nigerians of today don’t care a hoot about God.For example, I heard that one of my colleagues, (Pastor Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches everywhere so as to make it easy for worshipers to walk to them. But for me, that is a useless statement. How can you say you will build churches everywhere?

What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?

Every day we hear of killings and other things that we were not hearing before.We can’t even walk on the streets freely. You have to be watching yourself left, right and centre to know who the man coming behind you is. It wasn’t like that before. Churches must ensure that there is fear of God.And I’m just telling you that those churches that he is talking about are just business centres."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/08/useless-statement-cardinal-okogie-fires-adeboye-church-expansion/

That is the most important thing I saw in his statement. So he willfully admitted that Pastor Adeboye has good "Cardinalic graces"!

That statement is very instructive, coming from a catholic cardinal.......................
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Empredboy(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2017
FrankGiel:

Average of 10000 per parish?? Take it easy with the lie.. Eko expo hall is designed to accommodate 5 000 people. Which Catholic church is bigger than the expo hall??
Cardinal talking sense even though there was no point calling out another ministry..
Redeem members in Lagos and most parts of Nigeria (can't speak for the East) far outnumber any other denomination including the catholics.. Its a fact..

calculate the no of mass/ service and average Catholic do on Sunday.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Empredboy(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

And you are the type the Bible warned us about in 2 Timothy 2:23-24.
take proverb 9:8
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2017
Ignyte:
Awon bros. RCCG doesn't have consecration
They do. The communion is prayed over and consecrated, before it is served to the congregation.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2017
Brianpat:
it's simple, the road to hell is wide, with many dancing into it.... but the road to heaven....guess u know the rest
Oh, have you been on the road to hell before? Is that why it is familiar to you....?? Try and repent and follow the right path o, if you are still on it. The Bible says he that calleth upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, not he that attends a particular denomination.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 11:08am On Oct 09, 2017
wingmanII:
So why are they not planting as aggressively in the rural communities? That tells you the whole thing is a commercial venture and nothing to do with salvation of souls. On the other hand, I can tell you with all confidence that every village in South East Nigeria and to some extent Middle belt has at least one or two Catholic churches same in many rural communities in East and South Africa.
Please the RCCG is way too young to compare with the Catholic church and I find it amusing and silly that anybody could do that.
You obviously know nothing about RCCG's church planting activities. They have an aggressive missionary outreach, and they actually have lots of churches in the rural areas. Please check! Have you been to every single rural community in Nigeria? Maybe, you live in the city and feel they have more churches in the city, but that is not true. There are tons of RCCG churches in towns, villages and rural communities. Kindly ask around....before jumping to conclusions. In my own part of Nigeria, the Catholic churches are very few. You would have to go far to see a catholic church. And in the middle belt ECWA, COCIN churches outnumber the Catholic churches 2-to-1.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by judedwriter(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
tommysparks:
Christ does not mean anointed one but Christ means Messiah meaning saviour in English. The Jews where expecting a Messiah and not an anointed person
The word "Christ" is the from the greek word "christos" meaning anointed one. In Hebrew, it's called Messiah, an expected saviour of the Jewish people from the then roman government.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2017
FrankGiel:
Average of 10000 per parish?? Take it easy with the lie.. Eko expo hall is designed to accommodate 5 000 people. Which Catholic church is bigger than the expo hall??
Cardinal talking sense even though there was no point calling out another ministry..
Redeem members in Lagos and most parts of Nigeria (can't speak for the East) far outnumber any other denomination including the catholics.. Its a fact..
Do you even realise that most of the people on this thread, who are raising dust over the comments of others who do not come from their denomination, are Catholics? I wonder why?! shocked And some of these Catholics even attend the monthly services at RCCG Redeemed Camp, after going to their own Catholic churches during the week. It is a good thing, though. Everyone is welcome in the house of God!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Vivere: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2017
larrybee2017:
And this man na cardinal? What a waste. When a man spend all his life drinking beer and sleeping with useless sister this is what happen. Can you imagine the shit coming out of a man who is better of an agbero.
Do you think if Muslim have the chance they won't even build a mosque where your church is? Why are pastors attacking pastors? If that is his mission and vision oga oloti what is your own vision for the Lord. How do you intend to bring men to God oga cardigan?
Pastor should be role model in their speech not brainless and senseless.
This is wrong. As a Christian you should NOT use such words on another servant of God, even if he does not attend your own church.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by biodunid: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2017
And you guys really believe the obvious FAKE news? Even a Catholic choirboy won't be so indecorous in language and message. Make we use our brain now. Did you not see the link for the 'news'? So Okogie now grants online rags interviews when Punch, Vanguard and co are still published?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Igweann979(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
Spylord48:
This is just the fact.I wonder why corruption is at an alarming state despite all the churches we have around.In a street alone,you Will see up to 6 different churches and 2 RCCG with all of them competing on who will win "NOISE CHAMPIONSHIP " for the street. Every night one won't sleep because of the kind of prayers and warfare that is going on.
I just Hop some of these churches will come together and build industries and employ our youths,build better and affordable hospitals and school.
is prayer seeing as a disturbance to once life?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by larrybee2017(f): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

This is wrong. As a Christian you should NOT use such words on another servant of God, even if he does not attend your own church.
Did I hear you say servant of God, no such servant of God will make this comment except one who is ruled by wine. If you don't know what to say Waka pass I beg.
The deceit and confusion set by this people who are meant to be role model is alarming. Why castigate another man if you have no vision of your own. He needs to be told the real hard truth
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Justiceleague1: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2017
Vivere:

shaarraap..hypocrite..
Btw,who are u to judge?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ezionye(f): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Do you now have itchy fingers that you now have to type?

Yes I have itchy fingers. Wat do u call yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos) / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.