Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68953 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by cristianisraeli: 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
salford1:
i think there should be a mosque on every street too.

hell no..in the islamic core north ..hell yea

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by daniwise(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
cheesy grin
seunmsg:

Really? So they have more customers than Redeem, that's interesting. Tell me more, why is your cardinal so scared right now? grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:

Yes, o! I am much better now, after I changed churches. My faith is stronger, my old fears are gone and I pray far better than I used to, in the past. No more bad dreams, too. grin Isn't it my prerogative to change churches? The Bible says those who believe in Jesus Christ shall have eternal life, not those who attend a particular church every day. Spot the difference, if you can.

Jesus didn't build am church or Amy branch...grin
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by jonnytad(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
I wonder what we stand to gain by making open mockery of God. You call yourself a man of God, at least decency supposed to tell you what to do per time evn if Holyspirit is absent from your life. Now we competing, How many catholic church is a city before Redeem came, How many Redeem is on the street now? Who has the highest congratulation...... FORGETTING THAT THE BODY OF CHRIST IS NOT DIVIDED.
God help us o.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Legolast: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Is it bad for churches to have industries and employ people?
Must you build church like Igbos kiosk everywhere?

5 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by LordAdam16: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.

The Holy Roman Catholic Church does not need more branches. The Pope is the spiritual leader of 1.2 billion Roman Catholics around the world. The entire population of Africa is 1.2 billion people. There is no amount of money RCCG would make in 100 years that the Catholic Church hasn't made already.

The rebuttal from Okogie is purely political and has very little to do with religion. Oyedepo has been saying the same thing Adeboye said, why did Okogie not attack him? Use your brain.

How much is in Nigeria, that you think the Catholic Church will be jostling over? The entire country's budget is less than $30b. The budget for the Catholic Church in America alone in 2013 was $170b.

-Lord

14 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by ayusconcord(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Religion and opinions
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by deleo16(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spylord48:
This is just the fact.I wonder why corruption is at an alarming state despite all the churches we have around.In a street alone,you Will see up to 6 different churches and 2 RCCG with all of them competing on who will win "NOISE CHAMPIONSHIP " for the street. Every night one won't sleep because of the kind of prayers and warfare that is going on.
I just Hop some of these churches will come together and build industries and employ our youths,build better and affordable hospitals and school.
ON POINT I agree with u on this
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Lucasbalo(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gbam.
Spylord48:
This is just the fact.I wonder why corruption is at an alarming state despite all the churches we have around.In a street alone,you Will see up to 6 different churches and 2 RCCG with all of them competing on who will win "NOISE CHAMPIONSHIP " for the street. Every night one won't sleep because of the kind of prayers and warfare that is going on.
I just Hop some of these churches will come together and build industries and employ our youths,build better and affordable hospitals and school.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by cckalima: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....
ehh so u can lie like this. I hv seen rccg members sle ep while the service is on by the way what's the name of the parish you visited?

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Awoleesu(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....
. You sef! Stay for one place nah... Abiii?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
And this is true...The new church am helping doing technical work. When I asked that they give us money to buy new devices. They always complaining of no money. I asked what about the tithes and people give because I know is not more than 300k per month. What he told me is 75% of the money they make from tithes goes to the RCCG I was just overwhelmed.
Stuff like this makes me think they are using it to make Money...but who I am judge, a just a mere human being.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Darkseid(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
You see the Irony in this life, the reasons you gave for attending RCCG is the reason why I don't go to Pentecostal churches and the one you gave for the Catholic Church is the same reason I attend it.

9 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ogaonos: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
kirajustice:
Cardinal Anthony Okogie, Archbishop Emeritus of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has verbally knifed the presiding pastor of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Enoch Adeboye over his plan to have as many church branches as possible.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Okogie criticized Adeboye's move saying that the branches were 'mere business centres' as there was nothing Godly as having churches in close proximity. He told New telegraph;

"In order to bring us together and to get sanity back into this country, the fear of God must be number one. Nigerians of today don’t care a hoot about God.For example, I heard that one of my colleagues, (Pastor Enoch) Adeboye, said that he would love to build churches everywhere so as to make it easy for worshipers to walk to them. But for me, that is a useless statement. How can you say you will build churches everywhere?
Pastors ar d numba 1 money launderers.dt y dey rebuke audit of their acct.
What kind of churches are you talking about? Look at traffic in Lagos for example, and those who are pastors are traders and a good number of them are businessmen. Such churches in most cases are more like business houses! Look at the number of churches springing up in Lagos. If the Muslims start building mosques like that, does it show that Nigeria is a religious country?

Every day we hear of killings and other things that we were not hearing before.We can’t even walk on the streets freely. You have to be watching yourself left, right and centre to know who the man coming behind you is. It wasn’t like that before. Churches must ensure that there is fear of God.And I’m just telling you that those churches that he is talking about are just business centres."

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/08/useless-statement-cardinal-okogie-fires-adeboye-church-expansion/
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by seguno2: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:
We are now more religious than the people who brought christianity to us.

Yet we are more devilish.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by abdoolorunwa(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nne5:
Preach it cardinal preach!

They say these MOG don't have money talk more of 'touch' it.

But I keep asking who own all the offerings and tithes given every Sunday?

Who own the private jets?

Who own the schools and universities?
I tire!
MY DEAR, TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS I'LL SUGGEST U ASK A MUSLIM. ISLAM IS WITHOUT DOUBTS
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by ettybaba(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Okogie is off here.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:

All this small pikin dem.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Ogaonos: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=Ogaonos post=61231073][/quote] pastors ar d numba 1 money launderers dt y they rebuke audit of church acct
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Lucasbalo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spot on.
tintingz:
We don't need more business centers a.k.a churches, we need more schools, good roads, electricity, hospitals etc the churches and mosques we have in this country is enough, I don't see the positive impact of these religious buildings in our economy, we need to develop economically.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
churches. .churches. . .everywhere like water yet no holiness and sin still abound in the country. .

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by designVATExcel: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Not diplomatic at all
He could have made his point without labeling his colleagues statement as "useless".

Anyone that knows Pastor Enoch should know he's not a bling bling pastor, his humility knows no bounds. I can reason with opening churches everywhere. One can easily get discouraged going to a far church. But a church you can conveniently walk to, you have no excuse.

On the other hand, the rate at which random individuals are opening churches in Nigeria is quite alarming. I think CAN can do better in regulating this.

2 people can disagree without getting insultive.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by HermajestyQ(f): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
With the numbers of churches (and other religious places of worship) we have in Nigeria; corruption, poverty, unemployment etc still walks on our streets. when a factory closes down, it is turned into a church and people rejoice! Will that church employ all the persons that the factory laid off. What we need in Nigeria as a nation are more industries and not religious houses. Japan and South Korea are basically atheists, less corrupt, got better morals than the religious Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by nnabyke042: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
dowjones:
God bless you cardinal .

Redeem is business centre and disgrace.
I have seen a two storey building with 2 redeem churches in it.
That's how shameful the church is
Hahahaha... guy are you serious?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by seye005(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
The last tym I check Catholic Church has over 1.29 billion members worldwide and the vatican dose not have a private jet [quote author=seunmsg post=61224179]Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by seye005(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
The last tym I checked Catholic Church has over 1.29 billion members
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by judedwriter(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
akinade28:
I quite agree with cardinal.
Our country can't change with more church buildings.
We need to be "Christians" indeed.
Christian means "Christlike"
Yes, but not completely. The word "Christ" means "anointed one" the word christian really then means "anointed with/by Christ."
It is the anointing or the Holy Spirit that enables you live like Christ did.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Tolourxkelv(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Unwarranted negative envy! Jealousy na disease
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by martineverest(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
elgeehione:
Most of the conventional business organizations are folding up but the church business is spreading like fire yet we still don't get where we are getting it wrong.You need to come and see the way they penticostal churches drag for membership immediately corpers immediately they come back from Nysc camp.As if the corp members don't have a church they are attending before.If not that they are business centers,I wonder why they compete for membership.The funny thing is that Rccg members are the worst.Christianity and business.God knows the true men of GOD.Judgment day is a day of surprises.
tiri gboza 4 u
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by judedwriter(m): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
churches. .churches. . .everywhere like water yet no holiness and sin still abound in the country. .
As long as this corrupt earth remains, sin will always and has always been a problem, notwithstanding the church. It's Jesus that cures sin, not the Church.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by FrankFrenzy(m): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

Really?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by cckalima: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
designVATExcel:
Not diplomatic at all
He could have made his point without labeling his colleagues statement as "useless".

Anyone that knows Pastor Enoch should know he's not a bling bling pastor, his humility knows no bounds. I can reason with opening churches everywhere. One can easily get discouraged going to a far church. But a church you can conveniently walk to, you have no excuse.

On the other hand, the rate at which random individuals are opening churches in Nigeria is quite alarming. I think CAN can do better in regulating this.

2 people can disagree without getting insultive.
so u HV issues wt individuals opening churches and u want CAN to check that. what difference does it make with rccg sporadic branches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.