Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (36357 Views)

Guys How Do You Feel And Cope A Lady That Doesn't Spend On You / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / If She Doesn't Spend On You, You're Just Her Side Guy - Nigerian Doctor Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Safiaa:
I wish you would learn to understand me, rather than jump to conclusion like everyone else.
I will try
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Ifakiland(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Divay22:

I'll choose them 100 times, more that a mentally deficient slowpoke like you.
Stingy and broke guys think alike and you are not excepted..
Keep shouting broke girls upandan and ordinary airtime you won't be able to afford.
Go ask ur papa for airtime, no be me bring u come this world...I'm not working cos of a gf...I'm working cos of me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Dasherz(f): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
@ lawlahdey I don't think it's got anything to do with her resilience... shes not a random lady to him but a date of 3 years ... from the look of it the dude is just stuck up on spending or maybe he has a logic of not spending on a lady

OP .. I believe you should complain to him in the calmest manner possible, don't raise your voice at him and don't put up any fronting attitude .. just tell him this is what you want calmly and let him do the thinking

AmazingM:
Good evening my dear nairalanders. Please I need your honest opinion on this issue because I am very confused now that I don't know what to do.
I have been dating a guy for about three years now. Every thing has been going well. He claims he loves me but he doesn't spend on me. He knows I am still job hunting that I don't have any means of income of my own but he doesn't care at all. How I feed, cloth, recharge my phone, he doesn't know. He doesn't even ask how I cope with all my basic needs as a woman. He doesn't recharge my phone and when I manage to recharge with the little money I have and call him, he won't even reject or ignore the call and call me back knowing well that I don't work. He will make sure he exhausts the little airtime. It is not as I he doesn't have the money, he has it. In fact he is very comfortable but he doesn't spend on me. I am a type of lady that doesn't know how to ask for money but I expect him to know that since I am not working yet, he should assist me with some of my needs but if I don't ask, he will do nothing. I am thinking of leaving him because of this attitude I feel he is taking advantage of my nature. Please help me out. I want to know your take on this issue before I take action. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Safiaa(f): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Piiko:
I will try
thank you
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Ifakiland(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
All this chew gum gals wey u go spend on them finish them go go marry anoda guy, them go come open mouth say "how much did u spend on me sef?" Na Thunder go fire una...come and collect money from my account na....

14 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Divay22(f): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
Ifakiland:

Go ask ur papa for airtime, no be me bring u come this world...I'm not working cos of a gf...I'm working cos of me.
But you'll admire a slay queen when you see one, is somebody not taking care of that queen you admire,will the heavens fall on you if you take care of your own for others to admire.
The truth is bitter, accept it..you're stingy..

My last reply to your mention.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Ifakiland(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Divay22:

But you'll admire a slay queen when you see one, is somebody not taking care of that queen you admire,will the heavens fall on you if you take care of your own for others to admire.
The truth is bitter, accept it..you're stingy..

My last reply to your mention.
If ure not my gf and I admire u, trust me I just wanna fork u #case closed# and point of correction not all slay queen is a money hunting hoe....most are from rich homes.

12 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Centrallock: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
AmazingM:
Good evening my dear nairalanders. Please I need your honest opinion on this issue because I am very confused now that I don't know what to do.
I have been dating a guy for about three years now. Every thing has been going well. He claims he loves me but he doesn't spend on me. He knows I am still job hunting that I don't have any means of income of my own but he doesn't care at all. How I feed, cloth, recharge my phone, he doesn't know. He doesn't even ask how I cope with all my basic needs as a woman. He doesn't recharge my phone and when I manage to recharge with the little money I have and call him, he won't even reject or ignore the call and call me back knowing well that I don't work. He will make sure he exhausts the little airtime. It is not as I he doesn't have the money, he has it. In fact he is very comfortable but he doesn't spend on me. I am a type of lady that doesn't know how to ask for money but I expect him to know that since I am not working yet, he should assist me with some of my needs but if I don't ask, he will do nothing. I am thinking of leaving him because of this attitude I feel he is taking advantage of my nature. Please help me out. I want to know your take on this issue before I take action. Thank you.
Am suprised with most comment on the thread, biko o.p before you take any action ask yourself what love is all about to you, compare that with his behavior..
The truth is a guy in love can't test you for long and no matter how he pretends or try's to hide it that caring part of him must always show up once in a while or else you're not that important to him.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Blackhawk01: 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
tosyne2much:
Don't let anybody fool you that you shouldn't be bothered if he doesn't spend a kobo on you since he's not married to you.

I mean, how then do you express love when the person that claims to love you is not sensitive to your needs? What kind of a man will watch his lady go stranded when he's financially buoyant to bail her out but will keep claiming that money does not equate love?

I will advise you to thread carefully cos love is not expressed with stinginess.. The worst that can ever happen to a lady is to marry a stingy man.

Marry him at your own peril

Haaaa! Tosin, I love you tonight. cheesy grin kiss
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
AmazingM:
How much do you need?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Adaumunocha(f): 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
Men can snatch their fellow guy gf like its hot....
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Men can snatch their fellow guy gf like its hot....
Hahahahaha. You sound funny. That guy doesn't love the chick. A man who likes you would spend money on you. Trust me!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Adaumunocha(f): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. You sound funny. That guy doesn't love the chick. A man who likes you would spend money on you. Trust me!
So you wanna entice her with money?? The guy is simply stingy. She should just stop making any effort. That kinda stingy guys can roughen a lady's speedometer eh. Caring guy drop something for d op

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
So you wanna entice her with money?? The guy is simply stingy. She should just stop making any effort. That kinda stingy guys can roughen a lady's speedometer eh. Caring guy drop something for d op
Hahahahaha. Please I am not trying to entice anyone. I was only kidding. Don't put me into trouble! shocked
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Adaumunocha(f): 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. Please I am not trying to entice anyone. I was only kidding. Don't put me into trouble! shocked
Which trouble?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
I can't marry a stingy man who doesn't spend on me, if he is not spending it on you, he is spending it on another girl.

A guy I know collects money from a rich girl he doesn't love and use it to buy gifts for a girl he love. That's love, love is not stingy, nothing is too little.

AmazingM

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
Dillusionist:

he will exhaust your airtime but can't do the same for you? ?and he's probably doing all that for another lady
I hate stingy rats occupying space in my life and when it comes to marriage better pick race.

start thinking with your brain intact.
Exactly babygirl, these kind of guys will expect you to pay the bills in marriage and spend their own money on side chicks. Babes need wise up, I hate stinginess cos am not stingy.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Dillusionist(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
MaritzaNL:
Exactly babygirl, these kind of guys will expect you to pay the bills in marriage and spend their own money on side chicks. Babes need wise up, I hate stinginess cos am not stingy.
honestly..he is this stingy in relationship, what will now happen to her and her children when she finally marries him
...all girls should start thinking straight...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Dillusionist:

honestly..he is this stingy in relationship, what will now happen to her and her children when she finally marries him
...all girls should start thinking straight...
The guy no even love am sef, if a guy love a girl, he will go extra miles to care for her.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
I wouldn't marry that man if I were you.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by CHAIRMANMAO(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gal! a reasonable guy wouldnt be that insensitive

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by chikachike86(m): 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
AmazingM:

Nna lekwa nu anya o! Inasmuch as I might react differently faced with this issues you raised, it will be tantamount to "diamond" digging if you remotely think that your life baggage is to be shouldered by a "mere boy friend"�. My friend! Be creative with yourself and stop using job hunting as an excuse to become an unnecessary burden. My 2cent.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
Op... kindly disappear from that crappy relationship!
Ok bye
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Dillusionist(m): 12:31am On Oct 12, 2017
MaritzaNL:
The guy no even love am sef, if a guy love a girl, he will go extra miles to care for her.
my thoughts exactly
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Shawnnn01: 2:29am On Oct 12, 2017
AmazingM:
I didn't pray to be in this condition. That I am broke today doesn't mean I will be broke for ever. There's time for everything and I know that when the time comes, God will take me to where I ought to be financially. Thanks for your contribution and God bless you.
Sweet@ for God sake u have been broke for3 years that is a lifetime for some

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Shawnnn01: 2:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Safiaa:
I try to be as unbiased as possible. And im 100% against leeches and liabilities. However, she's been in a relationship with this man for 3 years, heading into marriage. This is not just one chewing gun relationship. She's clearly looking for work, but unemployed at the moment and all she's asking for is financial support from her boyfriend whilst she gets on her feet. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and i wish guys would stop acting like a woman is liability as soon as she asks for something. Learn how to be a cheerful giver, as your blessings will multiply. It also works both ways.
She should open her mouth ask, talk the situation over with the guy it's that simple.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Shawnnn01: 2:47am On Oct 12, 2017
MaritzaNL:
I can't marry a stingy man who doesn't spend on me, if he is not spending it on you, he is spending it on another girl.

A guy I know collects money from a rich girl he doesn't love and use it to buy gifts for a girl he love. That's love, love is not stingy, nothing is too little.

AmazingM
Talk about things you know I dated a girl close to 5 yrs. Got her into leadcity paid part of her tiuition if not all. 50K pocket money monthly though not regular. This girl never open her mouth to ask I did all this instinctively after graduation she queried if I wanted to force her into marriage.

Now I know beta any girl that can not be submissive enough to open her mouth and ask whatever she needs will not get a dime from me. The girl should open her proud mouth n beg for the money if she truly need it. Not to come here and be forming like she as a right to the guys money.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by imustsaymymindo: 3:15am On Oct 12, 2017
If you want to recieve op, you have to give, that is the principle. For the fact you have no source of income does not mean you can't give him something. Give him qualitative time, give him attention, you can decide to cook his favourite meal for him, you can go to his house and take care of it for him. He would reciprocate by giving you something in return and not neccessarily money. Be contented with what you have @op.

If you are afraid that he may be the stingy type, find out how he gives to family, friends and strangers before you judge.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by ufedob(f): 5:37am On Oct 12, 2017
My darling,am sorry you have to be careful,cos if you get married to this kind of man it wont be funny.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 12, 2017
Shawnnn01:

Talk about things you know I dated a girl close to 5 yrs. Got her into leadcity paid part of her tiuition if not all. 50K pocket money monthly though not regular. This girl never open her mouth to ask I did all this instinctively after graduation she queried if I wanted to force her into marriage.

Now I know beta any girl that can not be submissive enough to open her mouth and ask whatever she needs will not get a dime from me. The girl should open her proud mouth n beg for the money if she truly need it. Not to come here and be forming like she as a right to the guys money.
But he should at least show concern.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Dasherz:
@ lawlahdey I don't think it's got anything to do with her resilience... shes not a random lady to him but a date of 3 years ... from the look of it the dude is just stuck up on spending or maybe he has a logic of not spending on a lady

OP .. I believe you should complain to him in the calmest manner possible, don't raise your voice at him and don't put up any fronting attitude .. just tell him this is what you want calmly and let him do the thinking

I know, dear. I was actually kidding. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? by tosyne2much(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2017
Dillusionist:

you must not waste your MB on every insane animal...sometimes our MB is worth morethAn the people we waste it on
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Could Make A Young Man Pick Up Interest In Woman Old Enough To Be His Mom? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly / Couple Rocks T-Shirts With Photos Of Partner's Face In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.