Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,519 members, 7,861,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1185404 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2018
YankeeJJC:
maybe u submitted a new ds-160 completed less dan 3days to ur interview date. it will work
No.. I hvnt fill a new form and i don't intend to i will only retrieve the former and match the barcode together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2018
eyinola:
Plz what could be happening i was told to rebook my appointment on Thursday as i couldn't go in for interview on Monday but when i long in they are yet to reverse my receipt number
Write them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2018
Nerobliss:
Can I schedule my interview in Lagos? I filled Abuja in my ds form. Just wondering because Abuja date is far.
Lagos is April 19.....earliest date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2018
seyewest:

Write them
OK bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hayboss: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Thanks. 6 and 1+ . It was only the older one that put on his school uniform.
[quote author=fadafada1978 post=65479749]Congratulations!!!! how old are your kids and did they put on

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2018
jj17cv:
@Azuh
Well Said Dress like u are going to meeting with Mr president look good smile nice
there's how you will be looking in a city like lagos ....... the police will stop you, ask questions . i believe appearance is everything in life . na eye first dey eat.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
skydude:
My transcript
Me: Good morning ( he didn't respond) good morning
VO: good morning. Your passport. (Received it). What are you going to us to do
Me: I am visiting my younger brother and his family and also go for vacation.
VO: where in us are you going o stay
Me: commerce city, Colorado
VO: (looking intensely at his computer as if there is something he is seeing there) what do you do
Me: I verify and authorise the issuing and posting of invoices and vouchers, I am in charge of costing the company products and raw materials, I prepare the financial accounts for both internal and external users.
VO: what do your company do
Me: our product is called premix. Its a raw material for food and feed producing companies.
VO: are you married
Me: yes
VO: do you have children
Me: yes, one. By the way, I will be going with my family.
VO: (stopped typing and looked at me as if I have hit the jackpot) do they have visa
Me: yes
VO: can I have their passport
Mesad with my hands spread wide) I didn't come with it. (I can't help but blame myself for coming to the interview without their passport)
VO: OK ( pass a paper and a pen to me) write their name
Me: (in my heart; thank God) wrote their names
VO: ( looked at his computer again. I guess he is seeing something in there). Which church do attend
Me: ( now I know what he was looking at. My first denial and the reason) seventh day adventist. ( its the church general conference I wanted to attend that was denied)
VO: what do say you do again. I told him again
VO: what again do you your company do. I told him.
VO: okay, your visa has been approved. Go to where you filled on monday to collect your visa.
Me: thank you.

Note: like it has been said here severally, be sincere and consistance.
(Quote) (Report) 7 Likes (Like) 1 Share

Mr Azuh e be like say truth they wetin u they talk, if the VO no answer your greeting e be like say na already red card so i go say if u greet and him no answer call to his attention that you are greeting him
its on a 100% but i think that might be what caused her rejection .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
jj17cv:
@Azuh
Well Said Dress like u are going to meeting with Mr president look good smile nice
Lolz.. I actually see some guys with correct Agbada and cap, but won't d vo look at it from another angle been an employee and rocking native to embassy on an official day.. Won't u go back to ur place of work after the interview

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
So this is a good week. My friend was refused after giving birth in Abuja cos they said she paid too little. She went back after like a year...

V.O- What are you travelling for?
Hubby- To follow up with our case ..we have an open case in the US and the attorney past away last year so we need to go get a new one...hubby wanted giving details so she stopped him and contined typing

She turned to me and asked what i did in the Caribbean..told her med school

She goes on to look through all the stamps in my passports old visas etc and used a scanner on them all

Asked of side businesses what they were
How many cars in total has husband imported so far
Hubby: So far about 50 from US and Germany

She said which other countries we said just the 2. US and Caribbean
Next she asked my salary
She scanned tru all hubbys old visas and asked to mention the yrs he visited the US
He missed one i reminded him so he corrected it

She asked if im seeking medicals this trip..i said no
She asked for our marriage certificate
Gave both church and court she look through carefully.Not done change of name.

We were with our 2year old
She asked if i had my babys birth certificate .She looked through carefully

She typed and typed and typed and smiled and said she's approving our visas

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TEECANN: 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good day e-family.

I need your thoughts on my first attempt to travel to the US.

A brief history of me and past travels:
- Married (7 yrs)
- 3 kids
- travelled to the UK with family twice now(last being 2015)
- Accountant for 9 yrs.
-Wife has worked 8 yrs cumulatively. Changed to a new job in Sept 2017...so she's just less than a year in the new office.

My enquiries:

1. Wife's passport is in her maiden surname (though we ve done the change of name last year with the affidavit and newspaper publication) Can it be an issue?- Though all our UK visas were applied with her passport in her maiden name- UK doesn't have qualms with it.

2. I am likely to be sponsored for a foreign training to Virginia come June, 2018 so I intend to apply now for a visa for myself and family(as I have the funds to do so now before the kudi filters away grin) quoting Virginia as our destination. My family may not go with me in June but we'll all travel later in August during my 2018 leave. Will it be an issue for me that im not travelling with my fam in this first instance when going in June being a 1st time US visitor?

3. I read that US embassy stamps 2 years in the 1st instance- My wife's passport expires in August 2019...less than 2 years validity? Will this issue deny her from being stamped 2 year visa in a passport that is about 1 year plus validity period?

Thank you.

CC. LadyG and others, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good afternoon ,my people in the House. I applied for USA b1/b2 visa in 2014(with my old passport, that has UAE travel history on it ) but couldn't go for the interview due to sickness . I'm applying very soon with my new passport. My questions are...
1 won't the interview that I missed affect my application?
2 also won't change in marital status, affect my application?. GURU'S in the house, anticipating for your swift response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
eyinola:
Lolz.. I actually see some guys with correct Agbada and cap, but won't d vo look at it from another angle been an employee and rocking native to embassy on an official day.. Won't u go back to ur place of work after the interview
dont confuse the elders ,yes i can wear anything clean to anywhere i want , that's what i mean by appearance, you cant looking like a mess and want to have a conversation with VO all because he's doing his JOB .......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
@Teecan
1. #maidenname. No issues
2. Maybe. Maybe not. Every question that has a reasonable answer leads to no issues
3. When passport expired, renew and travel with the new and expired passport wherein the visa is stamped. US issues 2 year visas to Nigerians.
For indept answers, I suggest you invest some time reading through the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bobbybenard:
Good afternoon ,my people in the House. I applied for USA b1/b2 visa in 2014(with my old passport, that has UAE travel history on it ) but couldn't go for the interview due to sickness . I'm applying very soon with my new passport. My questions are...
1 won't the interview that I missed affect my application?
2 also won't change in marital status, affect my application?. GURU'S in the house, anticipating for your swift response
It might since u didn't cancel it and your file was created! Do u know they view ds-160 before interview?
Since u will tell VO about having a travel history, go along with the former(hope it's genuine).
Why Change in marital status? Did u divorce ur wife or agent level?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2018
0LANNA:
Hello house
I when for my interview yesterday, with my sister as a family l’m 22 and my sister is 16 and my sister was given but I wasn’t
VO: asked if we have traveled before ask a family
I said no but my mom and my kids sister went to UK last year.
VO: returned my passport and approved my kids visa
We: asked why and VO said I’m over 18 and under there law i’m allowed to apply alone
And I can apply alone by myself.

I’m just a computer science student in a school in Republic of Benin
The only travel history is one secondary school excursion to Ghana
No wife or kids
Everyone in my family are U.S.A visa holder apart from me
What can I do house
u are half way though! But this their tie tin no be for here.
Value yourself under
Purpose of travel
Professional
Work
School
Family.
22yrs and trip being sponsored with no work at hand "hmmm". Professional and work of the sponsor play a role either u or parent. *they can't deny Governor pikin even tho the G is d sponsor. No reason to misuse cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blisssexy: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
blisssexy:
Pls what are the necessary documents I would need for a K1 visa approval? I mean from my own end here. Then how and when will I be paying my visa fee? He is already doing the petition for me over there.
Please great people in the house.
Pls house don't ignore me pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
blisssexy:
Pls what are the necessary documents I would need for a K1 visa approval? I mean from my own end here. Then how and when will I be paying my visa fee? He is already doing the petition for me over there.
Please great people in the house.
that's immigrant. let me tell u d little I read/know. (Prove of courtship "printed chats and together pics if u have", explain how u met, and be ready to answer ur current work/school in Nigeria, and if already married to d petitioner ur marriage cert. School cert too) finally ask V.O on it.

A blind man can't direct road for someone with eyes. wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cutieoo9: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
hello house..
in 2011 myself and my brothers went to apply for a visiting visa, but before then my mum had been going regulaly, so she took to us to apply but when we got to the embassy i was told i couldnt do the interview with them cus i just clocked 18, so i had to do the interview alone and i was denied but my brothers were granted a visa that same day cus they were with my mum. so i applied again when i was 21 and i was denied again. but my fam have been travling to the u.s for years nw without me. but i am planning on applying next month for a visit visa. right now i am 25yrs old with a good job. been working in my company for 2years now but single with no kids. and i earn pretty much good from my working place. now my question is what are my chances of getting a visa? NOTE: i already have travel history been to the uk twice, dubia, malaysia and southafrica. i just really want to be sure of my chances again before applying? does my age affect me from reapplying?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cutieoo9:
hello house..
in 2011 myself and my brothers went to apply for a visiting visa, but before then my mum had been going regulaly, so she took to us to apply but when we got to the embassy i was told i couldnt do the interview with them cus i just clocked 18, so i had to do the interview alone and i was denied but my brothers were granted a visa that same day cus they were with my mum. so i applied again when i was 21 and i was denied again. but my fam have been travling to the u.s for years nw without me. but i am planning on applying next month for a visit visa. right now i am 25yrs old with a good job. been working in my company for 2years now but single with no kids. and i earn pretty much good from my working place. now my question is what are my chances of getting a visa? NOTE: i already have travel history been to the uk twice, dubia, malaysia and southafrica. i just really want to be sure of my chances again before applying? does my age affect me from reapplying?

You really need to work on presentation of your application... Make the V.O look at your strong ties while emphasizing your independence.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cutieoo9:
hello house..
Age matter too. Once u are 18 u should have something doing, once u are 30 u should have nuclear fam! *what I read ni.
Your previous application always play a role on your new! If your previous purpose was to go visit a family member, it will always be in your file that u have a family in US under family ties. Highlight your duties and points down before interview so u don't miss any and talk in full. A good job without full details of it to VO seem amateur under Professional.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cutieoo9: 12:15am On Mar 03, 2018
yes at age 18 i was already a university student till age 22 when i graduted. and now i am working. and yes of course i will definately give full details abt my job and what i do. i just briefed the whole question on here. i only wanted to know if my age wont affect me frm getting a visa.

YankeeJJC:
Age matter too. Once u are 18 u should have something doing, once u are 30 u should have nuclear fam! *what I read ni.
Your previous application always play a role on your new! If your previous purpose was to go visit a family member, it will always be in your file that u have a family in US under family ties. Highlight your duties and points down before interview so u don't miss any and talk in full. A good job without full details of it to VO seem amateur under Professional.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:22am On Mar 03, 2018
Cutieoo9:
yes at age 18 i was already a university student till age 22 when i graduted. and now i am working. and yes of course i will definately give full details abt my job and what i do. i just briefed the whole question on here. i only wanted to know if my age wont affect me frm getting a visa.

Travel history (have you used your visas rightly without violating their terms?), good pay (what do you earn if one may ask?) and smart/collected delivery during interview (string it all together well in words) could be some grace for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Cutieoo9: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Travel history (have you used your visas rightly without violating their terms?), good pay (what do you earn if one may ask?) and smart/collected delivery during interview (string it all together well in words) could be some grace for you.

I never violated any rules in my travel history and also, i earn 270k monthly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:00am On Mar 03, 2018
blisssexy:

Pls house don't ignore me pls
this is a B visa thread. kindly find the applicable thread. Kindly do not derail this thread. Thank you

Cc: yankeejjc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 8:11am On Mar 03, 2018
YankeeJJC:

It might since u didn't cancel it and your file was created! Do u know they view ds-160 before interview?
Since u will tell VO about having a travel history, go along with the former(hope it's genuine).
Why Change in marital status? Did u divorce ur wife or agent level?
thanks for your response. How do I cancel it ? Yes it's genuine. I didn't divorced nor agent level, I'm single when I applied 2014 but I'm married now with a kid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 8:31am On Mar 03, 2018
Bobbybenard:
thanks for your response. How do I cancel it ? Yes it's genuine. I didn't divorced nor agent level, I'm single when I applied 2014 but I'm married now with a kid
the cancel I meant was the previous application before interview. Having a family now is a plus
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
YankeeJJC:
the cancel I meant was the previous application before interview. Having a family now is a plus
ok. But, I'm applying alone cos it's obvious my wife won't be given a a leave, also she doesn't havenl travel history.How do I cancel previous application before interview??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2018
Bobbybenard:
ok. But, I'm applying alone cos it's obvious my wife won't be given a a leave, also she doesn't havenl travel history.How do I cancel previous application before interview??
that has gone! Be ready to answer where ur wife work and about your child.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2018
YankeeJJC:
that has gone! Be ready to answer where ur wife work and about your child.
Alright. Won't my previous application job (job changed), where I'm visiting... Come to VO sight during the interview?. Sorry for so many questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2018
Bobbybenard:
Alright. Won't my previous application job (job changed), where I'm visiting... Come to VO sight during the interview?. Sorry for so many questions
fill in your current job

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 9:23am On Mar 03, 2018
YankeeJJC:
fill in your current job
thanks for your time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bobbybenard(m): 9:23am On Mar 03, 2018
YankeeJJC:
fill in your current job
ok. thanks for your time

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.