Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171696 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Cosade baba,
So tell me my brother. What is the significance of travel history being a counter-odd that a Nigerian on visiting visa to US will decline to return?

Ive seen this suggestion many times from different people, just never bothered to probe it till now.

Baba Ramo,

The truth is that an individual has the right to visit countries of interest, equally, nations have the right to set guidelines for those they will admit into their countries. So, it is at the discretion of the intending visitor to determine whether or not, he or she wants to subject himself/herself to such strict requirements. It is an open secrets that USA has one of such stringent requirements. They have not hidden the fact that every intending visitor is a potential immigrant to their country, so the applicant has to convince the VOs that he's not, by showing that he has strong ties to his country of residence.

Someone that travelled to Europe, and returned to Nigeria would have demonstrated some ties to Nigeria, so the more such trips are made, then the more "travel history" becomes stronger ties for such a person.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by giftwalter: 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
cosade:

Baba Ramo,

The truth is that an individual has the right to visit countries of interest, equally, nations have the right to set guidelines for those they will admit into their countries. So, it is at the discretion of the intending visitor to determine whether or not, he or she wants to subject himself/herself to such strict requirements. It is an open secrets that USA has one of such stringent requirements. They have hide the fact that every intending visitor is a potential immigrant to their country, so the applicant has to convince the VOs that he's not by showing that he has strong ties to his country of residence.

Someone travelled to Europe and returned to Nigeria would have demonstrated some ties to Nigeria, so the more frequent such trips are made, then the more travel history becomes stronger ties for such a person.

So what if someone travel to dubai and returned? is that not a strong tie?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
Teegal215:
Hello everyone. Please I submitted my passport for Dropbox and I was asked to schedule a follow up appointment. Has anyone experienced this? What should I expect? Thanks

When did your visa expired?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:

When did your visa expired?

October 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
giftwalter:

So what if someone travel to dubai and returned? is that not a strong tie?

Getting a Dubai visa is easy and 80% of people that traveled to Dubai usually return... Dubai does not have the same pedigrees like the European and some Asian country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
Teegal215:

October 2017

Are you female? did you have your baby in U.S?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:

Are you female? did you have your baby in U.S?

I am female. Not married. Only gone visiting about 3ce in all with my 2years visa. Max duration at a time was about 3months
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
Teegal215:

I am female. Not married. Only gone visiting about 3ce in all with my 2years visa. Max duration at a time was about 3months

Maybe they needed your finger print or you had a problem with the law enforcement in U.S.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by siina(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:

oh I see Allowances is now a fraud... I will end it here.
I suggest you just end it really, if someone could still think those working in CBN,FIRS,NCC,SEC,NNPC, not to mention the rest are poorly paid then I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
siina:
I suggest you just end it really, if someone could still think those working in CBN,FIRS,NCC,SEC,NNPC, not to mention the rest are poorly paid then I rest my case

Thanks for this... I have been a civil servant for like 15years now and I mavel at people thinking FG civil servants are that poor... Get the right connections and you wld make cool honest money. And the type of free time you get help invest in other money making ventures if you really know what you are doing ni o

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
siina:
Bros I tire oooo maybe those working in those MDA are privately employed.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
Teegal215:
Hello everyone. Please I submitted my passport for Dropbox and I was asked to schedule a follow up appointment. Has anyone experienced this? What should I expect? Thanks

Dropbox applicants are randomly, called for interview. Equally, those suspected to have violated their last visa's conditions especially those that gave birth in US, are called for interview. In addition, there could be new information that came to their knowledge after your last visa interview, which they may want you to clarify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
siina:

Please refer to posts, where this was said.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
cosade:

Dropbox applicants are randomly, called for interview. Equally, those suspected to have violated their last visa's conditions especially those that gave birth in US, are called for interview. In addition, there could be new information that came to their knowledge after your last visa interview, which they may want you to clarify.

Oh thank you very much.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:

Maybe they needed your finger print or you had a problem with the law enforcement in U.S.

Okay then. Thank you. So do I take regular documents like I’m applying fresh? Or?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Teegal215:

Okay then. Thank you. So do I take regular documents like I’m applying fresh? Or?
Yes and you will need to schedule a date for interview.... go with your DS160 confirmation page, appointment letter, visa fees receipt and any other necessary document.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

Thanks for this... I have been a civil servant for like 15years now and I mavel at people thinking FG civil servants are that poor... Get the right connections and you wld make cool honest money. And the type of free time you get help invest in other money making ventures if you really know what you are doing ni o
was your first level rosy? Was it an automatic success and riches?? If embassy can deny someone working at NNPC, I think some has reasons to migrate

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
YankeeJJC:
was your first level rosy? Was it an automatic success and riches?? If embassy can deny someone working at NNPC, I think some has reasons to migrate

Nothing is rosy anywhere jare.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:
oh I see Allowances is now a fraud... I will end it here.

Brother, Thanks for ending here!!!
Cosade Baba,Thanks for your opinions too!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
ayenikunle:

1. Get the right connection
2. Invest in other businesses. I suppose they are legal right? Cos if it's not then how will you explain it?

Is this different from what has been said here? Did the person that was refused have the above?
Seriously, people just pick up a thread out of the whole argument and run with it....
I give up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
cosade:

Please refer to posts, where this was said.
Don't bother.

In other news, Now I understand why there was a module called "reading comprehension " in my time. It seems that has been scrapped angry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Cosade baba,
So tell me my brother. What is the significance of travel history being a counter-odd that a Nigerian on visiting visa to US will decline to return?

Ive seen this suggestion many times from different people, just never bothered to probe it till now.
Counter odd...decline. Interesting turn of phrase. Two negatives to form a positive.. .k

It is assumed that a person that has traveled to a "better country" (for lack of a better description) and didn't take up employment or marry or abscond has demonstrated that he can be reasonably trusted to do same in the US.

For the person that asked about Dubai, compare the percentage of people that are illegals and are paid under the table, which is higher? Which country has free public schools for the kids that are of age? Which country offers free healthcare in certain situations?

So as you answer, I hope you l see why Dubai dosent hold much sway.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 12:46am On Apr 08, 2018
YankeeJJC:

I won't reply this, walahi grin cheesy... it's not even rosy till date... na God eye we dey look and it's everywhere I suppose..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 12:48am On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

1. Get the right connection
2. Invest in other businesses. I suppose they are legal right? Cos if it's not then how will you explain it?

Is this different from what has been said here? Did the person that was refused have the above?
Seriously, people just pick up a thread out of the whole argument and run with it....
I give up

@ the bolded: oh, ok my reply was directly, generally and mostly pointing to siina's post as many people believe... did/didnt you see me quote him?? Obviously the OP didn't have any of those and i know...

Moreover, on cosade's view on the issue, that the guy could have been rejected because..
"An Education Officer is on GL 08, of which the monthly salary is about 50k per month in the state with best salary structure. This is just 600k per annum.

If you're honest with yourself, someone earning less than 600k in a year won't spend a year salary on holiday."

...did we consider if the guy had other honest means/sponsor as it was not expressed in his transcript? His chances were low though because most state govts are paying low and still owing salaries, but he could have sponsored himself through other honest means he should have stated during his interview. One thing I have learnt on this thread is being outspoken and comprehensive in answers during interview and it seems people have not gotten this right...

Low salary doesn't mean you won't get a visa if you are honest with your application and have good financial support/sponsor

So am not running a thread out of any argument...

@2, example: a software developer for a govt org can make X5 or more of normal salary in a month with the 'idle' time through personal practice, freelance, professional consultancy etc same goes for other depts/disciplines leaving out estacode and other allowances etc... i wld consider all these legal cos nothing says you cant use your idle time for what you like, some choose to talk around the office tongue

Just that such extra change may not always come but you have the regular govt salary to fall back on anyway...

My point is you can be a civil servant and apart from allowances... with the free time you have make it big through honest means...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 1:06am On Apr 08, 2018
Good morning all....
I learnt mobile phones and or other electronic devices are not allowed into the Consulate.... how true is it pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 1:38am On Apr 08, 2018
Osapaul24:
Good morning all....
I learnt mobile phones and or other electronic devices are not allowed into the Consulate.... how true is it pls?

100% true, except small elect devices like car remote...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by siina(m): 3:49am On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Don't bother.

In other news, Now I understand why there was a module called "reading comprehension " in my time. It seems that has been scrapped angry
Like I said before,that would be be last post on this issue.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:28am On Apr 08, 2018
@ayekunle thank God we are getting to a meeting ground

Let's go back to the op
He filled a form
Filled his work details and salary.Listed ALL HIS INCOME.
Went for the interview.
Was interviewed based on his details. He himself said I am an education officer.... Not nnpc. Not CBN. HE didn't say I have a fish farm somewhere or I'm paid DTA. Even if his person in the US is Malia Obama, he still has to prove ties.

He was denied. He came here asking for opinions. I make bold as to assume I can understand cosade's mind set when he made the comment. Remember the comment wasn't made as a sweeping declaration or on its own. It was with regards to the particular fellow that asked.
If from the form he filled and his answers at the interview that he earns 600k, then will the VO import side hustle and sponsor join? I'm not here to talk about civil service, but limiting my scope of argument to the guy that asked a question. If the vo saw all his details not to talk of the fact that he faltered to even answer the work he does, then I do not believe the vos discretion was wrong as all.

Whenever one does as a side hustle, if it's not included in the ds 160 or divulged, then the assumption that he earns his fixed salary remains status quo.
Every person that jumped on the attack cosade 's opinion ship failed to appreciate that simple fact. Transcripts should be treated case by case and objectively without sentiments. Without mixing issues. Or comparing the op to Lagbaja next door....

So let me even ask, do you think a person whose total annual salary is 600 k will find it easy to over come the burden of proof vis a vis flight costs and other expenses? For a vacation?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 6:57am On Apr 08, 2018
Teegal215:

When you went for your interview, what did you say you do for a living?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Embassy4u(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2018
I have an issue with this now.. Cos my visa wasn't granted and money got deducted from my account from the hotel cos I didnt cancel my booking. What can be done. Hope my money will be refunded

The date I was supposed to land was Friday 5th April... Unfortunately my visa wasn't granted. Now money was deducted. Pls help with possible solutions

ayenikunle:

booking.com
No, you don't have to pay ahead, look for hotels with no prepayment option.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DAVEZONIGLTD: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
Is there interview date scheduled for someone intending to travel by May 25th?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:04am On Apr 08, 2018
Embassy4u:
I have an issue with this now.. Cos my visa wasn't granted and money got deducted from my account from the hotel cos I didnt cancel my booking. What can be done. Hope my money will be refunded

The date I was supposed to land was Friday 5th April... Unfortunately my visa wasn't granted. Now money was deducted. Pls help with possible solutions

Gone, hardly any solution.... Didn't you digest the terms and conditions before and after booking? You didn't use an unfunded card, neither did you cancel. Sorry oh!

Hope it's not more than a night's deduction sha?

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.