Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171693 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2018
Embassy4u:
I have an issue with this now.. Cos my visa wasn't granted and money got deducted from my account from the hotel cos I didnt cancel my booking. What can be done. Hope my money will be refunded

The date I was supposed to land was Friday 5th April... Unfortunately my visa wasn't granted. Now money was deducted. Pls help with possible solutions

You should have cancelled your hotel reservation when you didn't get visa or before cancellation deadline. Having failed to do that, you should have cancelled it the day your account was debited.

Read the conditions attached to your reservation but generally, when a guest does not turn up, some hotel will charge for the first night only. But some will argue that they kept your room unoccupied for the period. However, you don't lose anything by asking the hotel for the refund of charges in excess of one night.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by siina(m): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2018
cosade:

"Good schedule" or "juicy posting" does not bring significant extra income for civil servants, those that earn 3x their salary simply use their position for rent seeking.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rentseeking.asp

I can tell you from experience that a civil servant that diligently discharged his duties to the public, will hardly get 1% to say "thank you". However, there is great gain in Godliness with contentment.

Those that earn 3x of their salaries or more, would have created an environment forcing the public to part with money before rendering service. There is no other name for this behaviour but fraud.
Like I said before that I dont want to comment further on this issue but your latest talk on adekunle's post will make me comment further. You said we couldnt comprehend what coscade said, can you please summarise these? Was he only referring to the education officer by saying civil servants? or those working in places I mentioned are not civil servants? Dont come and lecture us on comprehension please, we all go school

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ethan45(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Goodmorning Fam,
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. Please I'd like to ask a question? Is K1 visa a non immigrant or no? I've being led to understand it's a non immigrant visa but while scheduling an appointment on the site, in the non immigrant icon once its ticked there is no icon to tick the k1 visa except B1,F,J and some others but in the immigrant icon there you will find the K1 visa icon. So it's really conflicting. What do I do now as am having a hard time scheduling appointment. Am aware this is not the thread for that but can someone pls give me an answer on this? Please. Thanks guys..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:11am On Apr 08, 2018
Embassy4u:
I have an issue with this now.. Cos my visa wasn't granted and money got deducted from my account from the hotel cos I didnt cancel my booking. What can be done. Hope my money will be refunded

The date I was supposed to land was Friday 5th April... Unfortunately my visa wasn't granted. Now money was deducted. Pls help with possible solutions

The terms and conditions state that if you don't cancel before the date, you will be debited for a day because they supposedly Kept the room for you vacant.
U didn't get the visa and you didn't cancel. Sorry nna. U didn't do the needful. U can however go and read the terms and conditions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2018
siina:
Like I said before that I dont want to comment further on this issue but your latest talk on adekunle's post will make me comment further. You said we couldnt comprehend what coscade said, can you please summarise these? Was he only referring to the education officer by saying civil servants? or those working in places I mentioned are not civil servants? Dont come and lecture us on comprehension please, we all go school

I do not want to make further comment on this issue after Lady G's detailed and very explanatory post, but will do just this one on the subject.

As Lady G rightly mentioned, my post was addressed to a specific person that made the post, though others in similar situation can borrow an idea from it. In this case the OP claimed he's an Education Officer, a civil servant. Interestingly, this person did not contest the opinion given.

Suddenly, this was misconstrued to public servants in CBN, NNPC etc. By the way, this category of government workers are public servants and not civil servants.

Please let's focus on the reasons why this thread was created.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
@ayekunle thank God we are getting to a meeting ground

Let's go back to the op
He filled a form
Filled his work details and salary.Listed ALL HIS INCOME.
Went for the interview.
Was interviewed based on his details. He himself said I am an education officer.... Not nnpc. Not CBN. HE didn't say I have a fish farm somewhere or I'm paid DTA. Even if his person in the US is Malia Obama, he still has to prove ties.

He was denied. He came here asking for opinions. I make bold as to assume I can understand cosade's mind set when he made the comment. Remember the comment wasn't made as a sweeping declaration or on its own. It was with regards to the particular fellow that asked.
If from the form he filled and his answers at the interview that he earns 600k, then will the VO import side hustle and sponsor join? I'm not here to talk about civil service, but limiting my scope of argument to the guy that asked a question. If the vo saw all his details not to talk of the fact that he faltered to even answer the work he does, then I do not believe the vos discretion was wrong as all.

Whenever one does as a side hustle, if it's not included in the ds 160 or divulged, then the assumption that he earns his fixed salary remains status quo.
Every person that jumped on the attack cosade 's opinion ship failed to appreciate that simple fact. Transcripts should be treated case by case and objectively without sentiments. Without mixing issues. Or comparing the op to Lagbaja next door....

So let me even ask, do you think a person whose total annual salary is 600 k will find it easy to over come the burden of proof vis a vis flight costs and other expenses? For a vacation?

Lailai, ko possible! Unless with a very convincing sponsor etc..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Embassy4u(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
I called the hotel this morning, the lady I spoke with said it's part of their terms and conditions that if one didn't cancel it some amount would be deducted.. As I went further she said I can call on Monday to speak with their MD if he can assist. .. Honestly, am feeling so bad right now. ��

cosade:

You should have cancelled your hotel reservation when you didn't get visa or before cancellation deadline. Having failed to do that, you should have cancelled it the day your account was debited.

Read the conditions attached to your reservation but generally, when a guest does not turn up, some hotel will charge for the first night only. But some will argue that they kept your room unoccupied for the period. However, you don't lose anything by asking the hotel for the refund of charges in excess of one night.

Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
Embassy4u:

You didn't do your research very well... there are many hotels that won't deduct anything from your account but only require you to pay on site even after collecting card details. Moreover, you shld have cancelled immediately you didn't get the VISA. Many of the hotels give allowance for cancellation few hours before intended arrival.

Some people use cards not well funded/having money for such booking if the hotel's policy is pay on site but still require card details since they are not sure of getting the VISA and immediately fund and pay once they get the VISA just to be on a safe side...

Hope you get certain % of your money back.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by siina(m): 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
cosade:

I do not want to make further comment on this issue after Lady G's detailed and very explanatory post, but will do just this one on the subject.

As Lady G rightly mentioned, my post was addressed to a specific person that made the post, though others in similar situation can borrow an idea from it. In this case the OP claimed he's an Education Officer, a civil servant. Interestingly, this person did not contest the opinion given.

Suddenly, this was misconstrued to public servants in CBN, NNPC etc. By the way, this category of government workers are public servants and not civil servants.
Cheers

Please let's focus on the reasons why this thread was created.
LOL...maybe I will send you an email and we could lecture ourselves more on the differences between a civil and public servant.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
ayenikunle:

100% true, except small elect devices like car remote...
Thanks a lot.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Gone, hardly any solution.... Didn't you digest the terms and conditions before and after booking? You didn't use an unfunded card, neither did you cancel. Sorry oh!

Hope it's not more than a night's deduction sha?
Unfunded card? Isn't that fraud?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Unfunded card? Isn't that fraud?
Yes it is.
I don't think we should be advising that. Booking.com is one of the few sites that accept our cards. We shouldn't cause them to stop it.

The op shoulda just cancelled. He got a taste of "American efficiency " in business

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Yes it is.
I don't think we should be advising that. Booking.com is one of the few sites that accept our cards. We shouldn't cause them to stop it.

The op shoulda just cancelled. He got a taste of "American efficiency " in business

Booking.com reservation that almost got me turned back some years ago at Oliver Tambo airport in SA? Thank God i kept a direct hotel reservation in tact with the same hotel somehow.... Well I understand your POV. True though! It is however a safety measure I'm advocating in my opinion, not to be fraudulent, the card according to them is mostly for the purpose of verification and assuredness. So, why take too much risk? A few of the conditions can be tricky if you don't quite see them coming, booking.com tells you something and the hotel itself tells you another....

I have lost 100s of GBP to unclear conditions in the past (between 2004 and 2007) care of booking.com, some deductions were even done over a week ahead of time sef, only one hotel in Hounslow in the UK did a refund for me because I could marshal out my case one on one. Another one got me deducted for a night in Spain 24hrs to the time given to cancel, and later refunded after several back and forth via mails and calls.

Lately, I have had to pay extra cash to the rate I got online for my wife because she arrived late at the hotel I reserved, same day oh, these were nowhere in the terms and conditions I read before booking. I have learnt my lessons and can't ever fall into such situations again personally!

There were times they tried to withhold the whole amount instead of just one night and couldn't access the whole fund, and then they cancelled reservation. Visa applications success aren't assured, one then should thread carefully in terms of how you expose yourself to unwarranted losses.

We have to avoid being blacklisted, I understand. But if you learn to fly without perching, I too have to learn to shoot without missing. Greetings to the house!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
@ayekunle thank God we are getting to a meeting ground

So let me even ask, do you think a person whose total annual salary is 600 k will find it easy to over come the burden of proof vis a vis flight costs and other expenses? For a vacation?

@LadyG my only problem with @cosade is that I thought he was generalizing all civil servant and the moment he insulted me on my inability to comprehend simple English... I have to give my myself brain and stay on my lane.
To be honest the Education officer can not convince any V.O with that salary and that's the fact.
Please let us move on from this issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
Embassy4u:

Unfortunately your money will not be refunded,You should be able to cancel the hotel booking for free immediately after the visa denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
siina:
LOL...maybe I will send you an email and we could lecture ourselves more on the differences between a civil and public servant.
I weak ooooo... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
@giftwalter can I have your email address please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
giftwalter:
Good morning guys,

I'm playing on traveling to the US later this year, I have been outside the country. I want to attend a media conference, I work in a media house and earn to 150k monthly, I have an account balance of 1.8 mil. I haven't booked for the conference yet.

Please I want to know the chances of getting a visa with a virgin passport. Someone told me to travel to dubia first before applying for US.

Hello giftwalter ,can I have your email address please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
Pesuzok:

When you went for your interview, what did you say you do for a living?

I was a student. Still a student.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teegal215: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
seyewest:

Yes and you will need to schedule a date for interview.... go with your DS160 confirmation page, appointment letter, visa fees receipt and any other necessary document.

Okay thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
Teegal215:

I was a student. Still a student.
You said you were in the US for 3 months on one of your visits? That’s why they want to talk to you. They want to know what you were doing for three months.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
MamaOO:

You said you were in the US for 3 months on one of your visits? That’s why they want to talk to you. They want to know what you were doing for three months.

Good point.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
seyewest:

@LadyG my only problem with @cosade is that I thought he was generalizing all civil servant and the moment he insulted me on my inability to comprehend simple English... I have to give my myself brain and stay on my lane.
To be honest the Education officer can not convince any V.O with that salary and that's the fact.
Please let us move on from this issue.
#I throway salute!!!
Yes sir!!!!
Chai. I'm picking pennies looking for flight money. Where is that cheap babaromota? tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

#I throway salute!!!
Yes sir!!!!
Chai. I'm picking pennies looking for flight money. Where is that cheap babaromota? tongue

This year self... couldn't get any flight to U.S for less than 300k the nearest is 325k.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

#I throway salute!!!
Yes sir!!!!

I dey hear my valentine. grin
I don vexx because you answer seye, cosade and omobendel before you answered my post.

Give me your requests, i make it happen. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by giftwalter: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
Bisolanio:

Hello giftwalter ,can I have your email address please?

what for please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
giftwalter:

what for please?
For a one on one visa advice experience na grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I dey hear my valentine. grin
I don vexx because you answer seye, cosade and omobendel before you answered my post.

Give me your requests, i make it happen. grin
Hissssss. Cheap somebody tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by giftwalter: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

For a one on one visa advice experience na grin grin

grin grin grin grin the thing fear me oo, it's an open thread he or she can advice me here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
cosade:

Baba Ramo,

The truth is that an individual has the right to visit countries of interest, equally, nations have the right to set guidelines for those they will admit into their countries. So, it is at the discretion of the intending visitor to determine whether or not, he or she wants to subject himself/herself to such strict requirements. It is an open secrets that USA has one of such stringent requirements. They have not hidden the fact that every intending visitor is a potential immigrant to their country, so the applicant has to convince the VOs that he's not, by showing that he has strong ties to his country of residence.

Someone that travelled to Europe, and returned to Nigeria would have demonstrated some ties to Nigeria, so the more such trips are made, then the more "travel history" becomes stronger ties for such a person.

I didnt see this at first, i was busy looking at my vo. Hope you no vexx. grin

I cant argue with this. You have a knack for simplifying knotted issues by first separating emotions from logic and airing them for clarity, and then you collapse them together again for acceptance and judgement.

You would make fame if you were a teacher....and thanks for helping me see, and accepting, what I will at first reject. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hissssss. Cheap somebody tongue

grin grin.
I have long reach, from here to Japan, to Canada, to Uk, USA to Saudi Arabia, to Dubai and Cape Verde.

When I sneeze the stock price fluctuate. An investor extra-ordinaire! grin

Tell Babaramota what you want, I make call and get it to you. cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin.
I have long reach, from here to Japan, to Canada, to Uk, USA to Saudi Arabia, to Dubai and Cape Verde.

When I sneeze the stock price fluctuate. An investor extra-ordinaire! grin

Tell Babaramota what you want, I make call and get it to you. cool
Emirates ticket to Vegas for June when the vos go on leave. lol. That's all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.