Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177510 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Hey LadyG,
My dear UmuAda, the most precious and charming lady on Nairaland, my one and wonderful rose, beauty and brain all packaged into one. I need you o.

Come give me instruction from A to Z about how to apply for Amrrican visa.

Ties no be my problem, two wives, two children and a house is more than enough, and if na income measure sef im well secured.

Come coach me personally. grin

Baba Ramo, na only mouth you get! Buy ticket, you no fit, na just to be running mouth.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

The VO gave me a blue paper . Everything I read there was just centre on not having enough family ties. I told him I am married with no kid yet.
VO: why do you want to travel
Me: for vacation.
VO: what is your company into?
Me: is an Engineering company
VO: how long have u worked there, I said 9months. Noted: in my new company onece u are confirmed after 6months, u can take your annual leave. I was advised to take it early because August time the company is always buzy.
VO: what does y hubby do.
Me: work in ******
VO:How long: 5years
VO: As what?
Me: As ******
VO: av u travelled outside Nigeria
Me: yes. Twice to uk, av a 5years UK valid visa, travelled to Dubai
VO: where would u like to visit in Maryland
Me: I mentioned it. Next thing he told me he is sorry he can not approve my visa and gave my blue paper.
So what I found out that might have gone wrong is the 9months I said. So that was why I said that people should make sure they have up to 5years work experience.

Chai are u serious? I moved banks o and in my third bank and iv done just 9months
Wow mayb il edit it o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

May be lack of traveling history. I was also denied yesterday too, even with my plenty traveling history.
post your travel history so that people can learn. This Canada complain have impact in their current decision. They are granting mostly the elderly ones that can't work anymore cheesy It's now 2 bro apart from qualifying for the Visa, the VO must be convinced now that u wouldn't think of walking to Canada

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 7:29pm On May 02, 2018
Pipedreams:

Chai are u serious? I moved banks o and in my third bank and iv done just 9months
Wow mayb il edit it o

Better Edit it sharp sharp and join both your previous and current work experience years. Total of 5 or 10years. The work tie carries weight oh! From my experience.they want you to have a stable job, good position, reputable company. That is my advice, go through y work profile well bf u submit. Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2018
YankeeJJC:
post your travel history so that people can learn. This Canada complain have impact in their current decision. They are granting mostly the elderly ones that can't work anymore cheesy It's now 2 bro apart from qualifying for the Visa, the VO must be convinced now that u wouldn't think of walking to Canada

U are right. This Canada stuff.
YankeeJJC:
The woman before me was given, without travel history. I think she should be in her 50's

The VO gave me a blue paper . Everything I read there was just centre on not having enough family ties. I told him I am married with no kid yet.
VO: how long have u worked there, I said 9months. Noted: in my new company onece u are confirmed after 6months, u can take your annual leave. I was advised to take it early because August time the company is always buzy.
Me: I mentioned it. Next thing he told me he is sorry he can not approve my visa and gave my blue paper.
So what I found out that might have gone wrong is the 9months I said. So that was why I said that people should make sure they have up to 5years work experience.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

Better Edit it sharp sharp and join both your previous and current work experience years. Total of 5 or 10years. The work tie carries weight oh! From my experience.they want you to have a stable job, good position, reputable company. That is my advice, go through y work profile well bf u submit. Cheers

thanks dear. these us guys love lies
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:55pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

U are right. This Canada stuff. The woman before me was given, without travel history. I think she should be in her 50's

It could not just be the way you responded.
There is a current issue going on. Canadian officials have complaint to US authorities that many Nigerians are using the US visa to come to Canada to claim refugee status.
This could also be the reason why many people may be denied US visas.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canadian-american-officials-working-to-stop-nigerians-from-using-us/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

what of if they ask for proof. like my offer letter and confirmation letter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 9:00pm On May 02, 2018
Pipedreams:

thanks dear. these us guys love lies

U welcome! No mind them. Lie and get y visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 9:02pm On May 02, 2018
Pipedreams:

They d'nt ask for anything dear. No body av time to check y papers. It is what u tell them, they now summarise and take decision either to give u or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:29pm On May 02, 2018
Optimist1528:

@LadyGuinivere
It is a reasonable assumption that one who stays for that long must have a means of sustenance.... Ergo probably working in the US and being paid under the table... That's one

Maybe they want to verify you paid all your bills

Whatever the reason was that made you stay back, then say the truth. Don't go making up stories you can't verify.
And yes. Lots of people get called in for interviews. Usually those that fit into the 2bills you fit into
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 9:33pm On May 02, 2018
Pipedreams:

Please,be sincere enough in your application. It's better to be denied knowing you are truthful than to get it knowing you lied.Lie always comes back to hurt.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 9:35pm On May 02, 2018
Pipedreams:

Please,be sincere enough in your application. It's better to be denied knowing you are truthful than to get it knowing you lied.Lie always comes back to hurt big.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 10:17pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

U are right. This Canada stuff. The woman before me was given, without travel history. I think she should be in her 50's

Maybe you can reapply.

Why Maryland?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:38pm On May 02, 2018
Pesuzok:
Maybe you can reapply.

Why Maryland?

Maryland is where I want to go now. Is there anything wrong with Maryland ps?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:27pm On May 02, 2018
monchat:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Maryland
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sosy25: 12:03am On May 03, 2018
ANIT1:

If you don’t mind spending another money I’ll advive you go to a photo studio take a professional passport there it would meet the exact criteria. Then tell them you need the soft copy to upload. They should convert it to a lesser than 240kb better still 80kb that way you are going to be able to upload it with no issues.

The photo was done in a photo studio, it's a professional passport photo and it's less than 80kb.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaOne1: 12:41am On May 03, 2018
Had my interview last week in Ghana with mum and were granted 5 yrs visa
Profile: Just join another bank in January so I was just 4 months at post. Traveled 3 times to the UK, Portugal, 4 times to Nigeria and then Turkey. I am attending my graduation with mum. I earn 6000 cedis and have a car for Uber (2000 cedis monthly)

When we were third in the queue to be interviewed, someone who was just granted told us about a VO who is very friendly and good in one of the windows. Just when it was our turn, that VO was free (and I thanked God) but one of the workers told us to wait cus she wanted to talk to him (I was like Holy Mary, I cast all the village people following us oo grin grin ) I continued praying for none of the other VOs to be free and God being soo good, the lady finished and my "favorite" VO called us (I thanked God)
VO: Good morning
Mum and I: Good morning
VO: Who is she to you
Me: Shes my mother
VO: Passport please
Me: Gave him our passports (I had my three passport stapled together so without saying anything, he flipped through all my passports and checked my VISAs. I had a UK rejection stamp during my school days somewhere in 2002 which he wasnt familiar with the stamped so he went to consult). NB: I traveled to UK in 2016
VO: Where are you going
Me: I just graduated from so so and so University and the school is organizing a commencement ceremony and have invited all graduates, families and friends so we are attending (I made a slight mistake)
VO: Excuse me so when did you graduate and you are attending a graduation again
Me: Sorry, I just completed my MBA program and we are attending my graduating ceremony
VO: Ok
VO: Madam Where do you work
Mum: Answered
VO to mum: Are you married
Mum: Widow
VO: How many children do you have
VO to me: Where do you work
Me: so so and so Bank
VO : Are you married
Me: Not yet, I am engaged and I am getting married to my beautiful fiancée on 4th august. I have already made arrangements and I have the receipts of the venue and also invitation card (He didnt check)
VO: Do you have invitation from the school
Me: Gave him
VO: Do you mind if I keep it
Me: Not at all. please keep it (It was genuine so I didnt care)
VO: Your passport will be ready by Friday, he gave us a paper)

NB: I prepared very well for the interview and had my own interview questions with detailed answers which I practiced for about two weeks and prepared same for mum. No document was asked or checked apart from the introduction letter from the school

I must say it is God who made our interview very easy for us and infact I was a bit disappointed how the interview when because all my rehearsals were not put to use grin grin. Baba God may your name be praised.

Just prepare the application yourself, do not lie, and read wide on similar interview on this forum and another forum i got tips from was https://www.immihelp.com/experience/view-52-29-usavisitorvisa_b2visa.html even though its for Indians

Thanks to you all and people like Seyewest and others answered some of my questions. Thank you and I wish all applicants the best of luck. I feel lazy reading through my writeup so forgive me, if there are mistakes

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ANIT1: 12:42am On May 03, 2018
sosy25:

The photo was done in a photo studio, it's a professional passport photo and it's less than 80kb.

I honestly think you should take another one maybe also try with a different cloth.ive had such encounter and when I retook the photo it was ok. Because once the photo dosent match the criteria it would keep rejecting it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 6:38am On May 03, 2018
Hello House, please I have $100 in my dollar master card. If there is anyone here in need of dollars I can help you make you payment at better rate pls. I urgently need naira.
Send PM pls.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 6:45am On May 03, 2018
monchat:

There is nothing wrong with Maryland, I don't know about it, so I am just asking. Are there tourist / vacation spots there?

Assuming the VO asked you why you want to visit Maryland for vacation, what could have been your answer. Honestly your travel history is OK, nobody can say why you were denied, we can only guess.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 6:53am On May 03, 2018
NanaOne1:
Profile: Just join another bank in January so I was just 4 months at post. Traveled 3 times to the UK, Portugal, 4 times to Nigeria and then Turkey. I am attending my graduation with mum. I earn 6000 cedis and have a car for Uber (2000 cedis monthly)

When we were third in the queue to be interviewed, someone who was just granted told us about a VO who is very friendly and good in one of the windows. Just when it was our turn, that VO was free (and I thanked God) but one of the workers told us to wait cus she wanted to talk to him (I was like Holy Mary, I cast all the village people following us oo grin grin ) I continued praying for none of the other VOs to be free and God being soo good, the lady finished and my "favorite" VO called us (I thanked God)
Me: Gave him our passports (I had my three passport stapled together so without saying anything, he flipped through all my passports and checked my VISAs. I had a UK rejection stamp during my school days somewhere in 2002 which he wasnt familiar with the stamped so he went to consult). NB: I traveled to UK in 2016
Me: I just graduated from so so and so University and the school is organizing a commencement ceremony and have invited all graduates, families and friends so we are attending (I made a slight mistake)
Me: Sorry, I just completed my MBA program and we are attending my graduating ceremony
Me: Not yet, I am engaged and I am getting married to my beautiful fiancée on 4th august. I have already made arrangements and I have the receipts of the venue and also invitation card (He didnt check)

NB: I prepared very well for the interview and had my own interview questions with detailed answers which I practiced for about two weeks and prepared same for mum. No document was asked or checked apart from the introduction letter from the school

I must say it is God who made our interview very easy for us and infact I was a bit disappointed how the interview when because all my rehearsals were not put to use grin grin. Baba God may your name be praised.

Just prepare the application yourself, do not lie, and read wide on similar interview on this forum and another forum i got tips from was https://www.immihelp.com/experience/view-52-29-usavisitorvisa_b2visa.html even though its for Indians

Thanks to you all and people like Seyewest and others answered some of my questions. Thank you and I wish all applicants the best of luck. I feel lazy reading through my writeup so forgive me, if there are mistakes

Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 9:08am On May 03, 2018
monchat:

Congrats
congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fela4ese: 9:09am On May 03, 2018
NanaOne1:

congrats to u guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2018
NanaOne1:

Congrats... as far as I know I see no mistake... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2018
Pesuzok:

There is nothing wrong with Maryland, I don't know about it, so I am just asking. Are there tourist / vacation spots there?

Assuming the VO asked you why you want to visit Maryland for vacation, what could have been your answer. Honestly your travel history is OK, nobody can say why you were denied, we can only guess.

Thanks dear.
Maryland have tourist attractions. Had it been he asked me why I want to visit Maryland, I will just tell him that from research I found out that Maryland offers tourists a wide varieties of natural attractions. There are plenty things to do in Maryland and they have many side attractions there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 11:26am On May 03, 2018
monchat:
Dear friends my advice to people applying for visiting visa. Ps be very careful on how u fill your form. For family ties USA people take it very serious. Family ties are having kids, spouse, a good job. For the job ps note that VO are very strict about it. For your job make sure u av stayed in the job for years than months. Years can be 5years up ward. That is my advice. I was denial visa yesterday depect my travel history. I have worked in my new office for 9months and got my leave and applied for USA visiting visa, so I was denial beacuse of it.
Not so true at the bolded, I got my first visa with only 1year 8months on the job and single too. Renewed last week thursday not through Dropbox but filled to appear for interview just because I'm now married, relocated and got a new job in November 2017 meaning I've spent just 5months on the job and I got my visa. Just picked up my passport yesterday 3 working days after.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:42am On May 03, 2018
simbolee:

Not so true at the bolded, I got my first visa with only 1year 8months on the job and single too. Renewed last week thursday not through Dropbox but filled to appear for interview just because I'm now married, relocated and got a new job in November 2017 meaning I've spent just 5months on the job and I got my visa. Just picked up my passport yesterday 3 working days after.

You for mention only 7months na. You said 1year 8months
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 11:47am On May 03, 2018
Pipedreams:

My current job is 5months which I mentioned in my application. I don't know where people get all these ideas from. My 1st visa i was earning 50k monthly and was stated clearly on my form still I got my visa. Been to the UK only once in 2006 and yet I got it.
The OP mentioned 5years and above, was just trying to debunk that assumption.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:53am On May 03, 2018
simbolee:

My current job is 5months which I mentioned in my application. I don't know where people get all these ideas from. My 1st visa i was earning 50k monthly and was stated clearly on my form still I got my visa. Been to the UK only once in 2006 and yet I got it.
The OP mentioned 5years and above, was just trying to debunk that assumption.

Op mentiones 9months..while 5years for her husband
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:35pm On May 03, 2018
cosade:

Baba Ramo, na only mouth you get! Buy ticket, you no fit, na just to be running mouth.
Thank you!
Next time you are in the East, come lemme arrange better Ofe owerri with akpu na Nkwu enu di OK for you cos you are too wise grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:42pm On May 03, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ist visa /former job - a year 8 months
2nd visa-5 months

Do you get it now?
I agree with simbolee. The op had no objective basis for his assertion. His/her opinion is formed by her/his rejection. The essence of this thread is to help others by dropping our transcripts and have each person reach a conclusion. Where, however one draws a conclusion it is my opinion that it should be based on logic and statistics. When folks here have been getting visas with less than 5 years experience, it would be nice to know the basis of his submission so that users aren't misled.

I too got my visa with much less than 5years experience.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.