Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177471 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2018
Rofytrust:
Gud mrng house,pls I and my 3yr old boy applied for B1/B2 US Visa last year july though I was 7month pregnant then which i beleive that was why we were denied but now we are planning to apply for family ,I ,my husband and our kids but on my passport its my dad's surname that is on it and i'm really concern about it, I need advice on it pls

Well it's nothing to be concern over.... explain why you're still bearing your dad's surname clearly.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lollyberry: 1:14pm On May 05, 2018
abidakgeo:

Did you in anyway misuse your visa? If not,I think your Husband shouldn't have been traveling for vacation alone when he is married with 3 kids, he should have mentioned that he will be traveling with you and the kids in his application form and repeat same during the interview and that you and the kids already had your valid visa, that would have improved his chances so let him reapply and do the needful.

bthanks for ur response, no i did not misuse the visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lollyberry: 1:23pm On May 05, 2018
monchat:
Friends come here and post their transcript which is very good but we really need to state in details of what the USA consulate really need from us. (Especially those applying for B1/B2 visa). Ps NOTE that USA visa application is very different from UK visa dear friends. UK will give u visa with six months payslips even if u just started the job, so far u are working and earning pay but for USA they are really interested in your job, y profession , years u av spent in the job (Stable job) , your experience in the job, the career u have build for your self, what your company does, reputable companies. They are really after it ps. Ties no be only family as we think o! Or u want to prove to them u av travel history. Lol! Did d'nt care atimes. Traveling history is just only a plus to y getting visa but not the main thing in evaluating. They know how u get money travel out? May be u did Yahoo Yahoo to travel out to build travel history. Lol! My friends they are really concerned about your job profile. They know u are coming to spent in their country so they av to be very sure u av a stable job. Earn decent salary, pension, leave allowance. For me this denial really open my eyes, it made me to really make more research and I really know best now. I was having the confidence with my years of traveling abroad that I will get it but I was denial. Lol. So I really have knowledge of what they are looking for. If u av a good job with pension running for years, knowing u will be paid y final entitiment after years of service why will u risk it and stay is USA as illegal migrants, so dear friends this is what they consider well ps. Do your homework well and make research bf u think of applying for USA. No be in a rush to apply, jot as many information u can from goggle. Read the thread from part1 to de end, no get tired reading it, I know it is very long. Yes read and jot out relevant things that will help y case. Not just read ps jot and make reference to it when filling y application. I will still make out time to keep posting relevant things that USA need not just for us to come here and post transcript and ask questions, or ways on how to apply for visa. Yes we ask questions and we get reply but some of us still get denial after going throught these thread. Meanehile all these is very good, I have to say we are really trying alot in these forum. But we should also create out time to research and educate our selves more to know exactly what the meaning of their strong ties and explain in details. We hear from people that for USA once u av a job apply without telling u details of what they need in job. Yes many have come to these thread read, without jotting down relevant points, armed u might read and forget. It happened to me. My advice get a pen start from page one of this thread, read and jot ps. Ask questions, tell pple to go through y application well bf u submit. Listen to pple advice atimes, especially from experience pple. No go just meet any body to assist u, meet experience plple not agent ps. But atimes there are some good agent ps. I had one but I did not really follow some of the corrections he gave me. I was thinking my own is best. Ps d'nt be over confident with y self. Meet pple who av appy bf to put u through. I repeat again USA is not the same with UK application.

For those booking hotel reservation, it is good but they will still weight your job if the job can pay your hotel reservation.

For point of contact yes, they said if u d'nt know any body put hotel. But come to think of it for me I will still advice applicants that have friends in the USA to use their point of contact but please make sure the person have a right stay in USA and how the person take come USA, Very important. Why am I saying this is that USA need someone that can void for u. Hotel reservation can not give details about u. Hotel reservation that doesn't even know u. Some of their numbers are not going. So I think that point of contact matters to them. Yes they tell u use hotel or the shop etc. But they still consider it. The only people I advice to use hotel reservation as point of contact is those that d'nt even know any body there. But many of us have pple in USA but we are afraid not to complicate issue. (we still lie here) lol! Yes I understand but for point of contact use them and book hotel as where u will stay.

Then when the VO ask some of us questions we just make it short, I my self also did it from the advice I got from my friend, (Any thing the VO ask u just talk short) . Ps try to be friendly with them, make y interview fun not just stand there as a log of stick and keep answering short questions. Some of the VO might denial you visa bc of that even if u got all on u.

When asked why going to the USA, ps if u are going alone try to tell them u are going for your annual leave vacation. Or I am going for my annual leave vacation and to do some shopping.
Not just stand there and say tourism alone. Lol!
They are human like us give them good reason u are going to usa. Yes some have mentioned only tourism and they were given but their discussion overall will be fun to the VO, all these they put into consideration to evaluate us but we d'nt know. We just hear people telling us just give short ans, all na lie. Are u single yes, come on! friends d'nt just say I am single lady at 40, tell them I am single and getting engaged soon. Expect u know u are single and working as a manger in a bank. Yes I know that some single ladies av gotten visa and never said engaged but after evaluating them generally both their job , they give them. My advice u are engaged ps. I am not here to tell u to lie. NO! But this is packaging. The way we package for job interview is the way we go ahead and do for USA ps. I d'nt see anything wrong in it. Yes people tell u not to lie without telling u how to state y issue. For example some one that I was discussing about not putting months, she asked if she was asked about her proof, I just advice her try to make sure that u tell the VO u have years of experience in y previous job. But meanwhile some one is there telling her not to lie, but never go ahead to tell her other details. Ps if u are new in a job make sure u tell the VO about your previous work with years not months of experience ps. For those applying for 1st time in a new job and no previous job experience, ps I will advice u to wait for one year before u apply. Not after 6months of job confirmation u apply. No! Make sure u apply after one year u are employed, at least they will know u av stayed for one year and entitled for leave allowance. Applicants can only renew visa as they start a new job bc in the privious interview they stated their past employment and beside they VO knows they av gone to USA and come bk so they give they immediately when there is no problem of overstaying. But new applicants for the first time are really checked very well.

For married when asked why are u not traveling with your husband just tell them he is unable to get leave from work. For your hubby too they will ask u what he is doing and years of working for y hubby. USA people like big things o! No tell them say y hubby na trader. Lol! That one done reach to disqualify u. Lol! Arrange y hubby profile too incase he is not going with u. Lift y hubby up for them. No put y hubby for yeye way. Those USA people like big things. I de draw Una ear O! They no want who will come and follow them to share their national cake. Or to tell them that your hubby is not working currently. Lol u are on y own. Make them to know u av a good job with y hubby. Lift Una job up.

Lastly this people don't check documents o! So na wetin u fill and y interview they will judge u with. So friends package your self well and go take y visa ps. Friends told me on what to say when I get there but fear fear make me loss out. Say the correct things but package your self. Why u want to go to USA package y self like I have really had a hectic work stress this year and I decided to go for my annual vacation in the USA. That one no be packaged (lol) even if u never had hectic time at work. Make y interview fun abeg.

Sorry dear friends for this long message. It will really go along way to educate new applicants ps. USA visa is easy to get when u do y home work well. I thank God I have gone and know my mistakes and working hard on it and not to allow others to make the same mistake.

Lesson learnt for my first visa application.
Never be over confident that u will get the visa bc u av plenty travel history. People tell u no worry with your traveling history they will give u without telling u what USA people really want.

Lesson2 try to be friendly to the VO. Vo: Goodmoring, tell him good morning and how is work? It makes their day.

Lesson3 : no just stand there as log of wood just answering yes or no without been smart to tell the VO why yes or no. Because VO no know wetin De y mind, na de thing u tell them they juge u with. Never assume he surpose to know. Explain to him.

Moreso this person tell u say I did not do this doing my own or did not mention this. Try to package your self ps. Leave other people and and do y package for your own self. Anything u know that can implicate u remove it, no allow anybody tell u put it because u must be honest at all time. No! Me I d'nt agree to that. The only thing I know d'nt lie on y age, your profile just parckage y self well and go pick y USA visa
thanks fir this great write up,

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DebsMed: 1:36pm On May 05, 2018
monchat:
Friends come here and post their transcript which is very good but we really need to state in details of what the USA consulate really need from us. (Especially those applying for B1/B2 visa).

Whew! Nice try. To be fair to this thread, many contradictions and guides to misrepresentation. Made some points and negated same a couple of times, a lot yet to be learned. God help applicants.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2018
I will advice u to please wait for 6months or one year. Give y self enof time. No rush into it before they say u are desperate. Arrange your self, parckage y self and do more research bf u apply ps. smiley

]pls,how long advisably do some1 who is denied US visiting visa wait b4 applying again.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 2:44pm On May 05, 2018
It's not a problem at all. My passport is in my father's name while hubby and daughter's are in their own father's names -na all man dey answer his papa name these days grin . Never had any issue with any embassy, in fact, I don't remember any consular officer asking any question concerning names on passport.
You may however go with your marriage and child's birth certificates as proof in case anyone raises an eyebrow.
Goodluck to you all.
Rofytrust:
Gud mrng house,pls I and my 3yr old boy applied for B1/B2 US Visa last year july though I was 7month pregnant then which i beleive that was why we were denied but now we are planning to apply for family ,I ,my husband and our kids but on my passport its my dad's surname that is on it and i'm really concern about it, I need advice on it pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 3:44pm On May 05, 2018
My vo don abandon me. I need help. There are situations I cant find in this knowledge base to answer some unique situations that you people have never ever seen or been queried about in relation to interviews and preparations. As i prepare ahead its necessary I connect the dots and be in better position to apply your input to my scenario.

For $100 who would like to own my case from now till September when I appear for interview? BabaRamota stopped dealing in Naira since last week. grin grin. I entered Shoprite yesterday with junior wife and at the counter she would not allow me spend dollars....she paid everything in Naira from her bank card. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 4:38pm On May 05, 2018
monchat:
Friends come here and post their transcript which is very good but we really need to state in details of what the USA consulate really need from us. (Especially those applying for B1/B2 visa). Ps NOTE that USA visa application is very different from UK visa dear friends. UK will give u visa with six months payslips even if u just started the job, so far u are working and earning pay but for USA they are really interested in your job, y profession , years u av spent in the job (Stable job) , your experience in the job, the career u have build for your self, what your company does, reputable companies. They are really after it ps. Ties no be only family as we think o! Or u want to prove to them u av travel history. Lol! Did d'nt care atimes. Traveling history is just only a plus to y getting visa but not the main thing in evaluating. They know how u get money travel out? May be u did Yahoo Yahoo to travel out to build travel history. Lol! My friends they are really concerned about your job profile. They know u are coming to spent in their country so they av to be very sure u av a stable job. Earn decent salary, pension, leave allowance. For me this denial really open my eyes, it made me to really make more research and I really know best now. I was having the confidence with my years of traveling abroad that I will get it but I was denial. Lol. So I really have knowledge of what they are looking for. If u av a good job with pension running for years, knowing u will be paid y final entitiment after years of service why will u risk it and stay is USA as illegal migrants, so dear friends this is what they consider well ps. Do your homework well and make research bf u think of applying for USA. No be in a rush to apply, jot as many information u can from goggle. Read the thread from part1 to de end, no get tired reading it, I know it is very long. Yes read and jot out relevant things that will help y case. Not just read ps jot and make reference to it when filling y application. I will still make out time to keep posting relevant things that USA need not just for us to come here and post transcript and ask questions, or ways on how to apply for visa. Yes we ask questions and we get reply but some of us still get denial after going throught these thread. Meanehile all these is very good, I have to say we are really trying alot in these forum. But we should also create out time to research and educate our selves more to know exactly what the meaning of their strong ties and explain in details. We hear from people that for USA once u av a job apply without telling u details of what they need in job. Yes many have come to these thread read, without jotting down relevant points, armed u might read and forget. It happened to me. My advice get a pen start from page one of this thread, read and jot ps. Ask questions, tell pple to go through y application well bf u submit. Listen to pple advice atimes, especially from experience pple. No go just meet any body to assist u, meet experience plple not agent ps. But atimes there are some good agent ps. I had one but I did not really follow some of the corrections he gave me. I was thinking my own is best. Ps d'nt be over confident with y self. Meet pple who av appy bf to put u through. I repeat again USA is not the same with UK application.

For those booking hotel reservation, it is good but they will still weight your job if the job can pay your hotel reservation.

For point of contact yes, they said if u d'nt know any body put hotel. But come to think of it for me I will still advice applicants that have friends in the USA to use their point of contact but please make sure the person have a right stay in USA and how the person take come USA, Very important. Why am I saying this is that USA need someone that can void for u. Hotel reservation can not give details about u. Hotel reservation that doesn't even know u. Some of their numbers are not going. So I think that point of contact matters to them. Yes they tell u use hotel or the shop etc. But they still consider it. The only people I advice to use hotel reservation as point of contact is those that d'nt even know any body there. But many of us have pple in USA but we are afraid not to complicate issue. (we still lie here) lol! Yes I understand but for point of contact use them and book hotel as where u will stay.

Then when the VO ask some of us questions we just make it short, I my self also did it from the advice I got from my friend, (Any thing the VO ask u just talk short) . Ps try to be friendly with them, make y interview fun not just stand there as a log of stick and keep answering short questions. Some of the VO might denial you visa bc of that even if u got all on u.

When asked why going to the USA, ps if u are going alone try to tell them u are going for your annual leave vacation. Or I am going for my annual leave vacation and to do some shopping.
They are human like us give them good reason u are going to usa. Yes some have mentioned only tourism and they were given but their discussion overall will be fun to the VO, all these they put into consideration to evaluate us but we d'nt know. We just hear people telling us just give short ans, all na lie. Are u single yes, come on! friends d'nt just say I am single lady at 40, tell them I am single and getting engaged soon. Expect u know u are single and working as a manger in a bank. Yes I know that some single ladies av gotten visa and never said engaged but after evaluating them generally both their job , they give them. My advice u are engaged ps. I am not here to tell u to lie. NO! But this is packaging. The way we package for job interview is the way we go ahead and do for USA ps. I d'nt see anything wrong in it. Yes people tell u not to lie without telling u how to state y issue. For example some one that I was discussing about not putting months, she asked if she was asked about her proof, I just advice her try to make sure that u tell the VO u have years of experience in y previous job. But meanwhile some one is there telling her not to lie, but never go ahead to tell her other details. Ps if u are new in a job make sure u tell the VO about your previous work with years not months of experience ps. For those applying for 1st time in a new job and no previous job experience, ps I will advice u to wait for one year before u apply. Not after 6months of job confirmation u apply. No! Make sure u apply after one year u are employed, at least they will know u av stayed for one year and entitled for leave allowance. Applicants can only renew visa as they start a new job bc in the privious interview they stated their past employment and beside they VO knows they av gone to USA and come bk so they give they immediately when there is no problem of overstaying. But new applicants for the first time are really checked very well.

For married when asked why are u not traveling with your husband just tell them he is unable to get leave from work. For your hubby too they will ask u what he is doing and years of working for y hubby. USA people like big things o! No tell them say y hubby na trader. Lol! That one done reach to disqualify u. Lol! Arrange y hubby profile too incase he is not going with u. Lift y hubby up for them. No put y hubby for yeye way. Those USA people like big things. I de draw Una ear O! They no want who will come and follow them to share their national cake. Or to tell them that your hubby is not working currently. Lol u are on y own. Make them to know u av a good job with y hubby. Lift Una job up.

Lastly this people don't check documents o! So na wetin u fill and y interview they will judge u with. So friends package your self well and go take y visa ps. Friends told me on what to say when I get there but fear fear make me loss out. Say the correct things but package your self. Why u want to go to USA package y self like I have really had a hectic work stress this year and I decided to go for my annual vacation in the USA. That one no be packaged (lol) even if u never had hectic time at work. Make y interview fun abeg.

Sorry dear friends for this long message. It will really go along way to educate new applicants ps. USA visa is easy to get when u do y home work well. I thank God I have gone and know my mistakes and working hard on it and not to allow others to make the same mistake.

Never be over confident that u will get the visa bc u av plenty travel history. People tell u no worry with your traveling history they will give u without telling u what USA people really want.

Lesson2 try to be friendly to the VO. Vo: Goodmoring, tell him good morning and how is work? It makes their day.

Lesson3 : no just stand there as log of wood just answering yes or no without been smart to tell the VO why yes or no. Because VO no know wetin De y mind, na de thing u tell them they juge u with. Never assume he surpose to know. Explain to him.

Moreso this person tell u say I did not do this doing my own or did not mention this. Try to package your self ps. Leave other people and and do y package for your own self. Anything u know that can implicate u remove it, no allow anybody tell u put it because u must be honest at all time. No! Me I d'nt agree to that. The only thing I know d'nt lie on y age, your profile just parckage y self well and go pick y USA visa

All this stress just for US B category visa ? rubbish! Never encountered anything other than basic where, why and what questions from VO's.
You get it fine you don't get it fine.
It seems people don't realize they are applying to visit USA to spend their money. Sometimes contributors make it sound like it is a privilege to be granted a visa to go spend a vacation in USA. May be i've been going to the wrong cities but based on what I've seen/encountered in NYC, DC, Arlington and Boston, USA is overhyped. I've had better vacations in Barcelona, Lisbon, Dubai and London

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 4:54pm On May 05, 2018
He asked for BTA and you replied by saying $4000,
then further said $16000 for a year...... You obviously confused BTA for PTA earlier on, see screenshots below
seyewest:

PTA ($4000) is the most any Nigerian bank can give you... I don't know what is confusing about that and BTA will be determined by the custom/immigration service of the country you're visiting....

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 5:28pm On May 05, 2018
Rofytrust:

This can easily be explained and be sure you have your marriage certificate handy during the visa interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 5:34pm On May 05, 2018
abnot:

All this stress just for US B category visa ? rubbish! Never encountered anything other than basic where, why and what questions from VO's.
It seems people don't realize they are applying to visit USA to spend their money. Sometimes contributors make it sound like it is a privilege to be granted a visa to go spend a vacation in USA. May be i've been going to the wrong cities but based on what I've seen/encountered in NYC, DC, Arlington and Boston, USA is overhyped. I've had better vacations in Barcelona, Lisbon, Dubai and London

You should visit Batumi in Georgia (a small EuroAsian country), it's really value for money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:07pm On May 05, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
My vo don abandon me. I need help. There are situations I cant find in this knowledge base to answer some unique situations that you people have never ever seen or been queried about in relation to interviews and preparations. As i prepare ahead its necessary I connect the dots and be in better position to apply your input to my scenario.

For $100 who would like to own my case from now till September when I appear for interview? BabaRamota stopped dealing in Naira since last week. grin grin. I entered Shoprite yesterday with junior wife and at the counter she would not allow me spend dollars....she paid everything in Naira from her bank card. grin grin

Oya warris your problem?! Now you are talking!!! Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kanoborn: 6:38pm On May 05, 2018
hi guys, Here is my situation; i had a 2year US visa. And i traveled twice with it. The visa expired in March. And i wanted to renew it via Dropbox. But my passport was stamped with " cancelled without prejudice". And was asked to schedule an interview. which I did. My main aim of traveling is to deliver my Baby. Will that be a, red flag? Just extra info; My husband is a citizen and we already have a pending i-130 in process for our two kids and i. what are my chances of getting a visa? please all input will be appreciated. I just hope I'm not asking in a wrong thread. please kindly redirect me if that's the case. Thanks guys.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2018
Mbamto:
He asked for BTA and you replied by saying $4000,
then further said $16000 for a year...... You obviously confused BTA for PTA earlier on, see screenshots below

Oh that was an oversight... thanks for the correction.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 8:27pm On May 05, 2018
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 05, 2018
abnot:

NY is more than 10 times the size of Lagos and all those cities you claim to have had a better vacations in.., so there's the good, bad and ugly places to a big city like NYC... You prolly have been visiting the not too good places of a big city like NYC... But i will have to agree that the word "overhyped" is relative...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:47pm On May 05, 2018
iRyan:
NY is more than 10 times the size of Lagos and all those cities you claim to have had a better vacations in.., so there's the good, bad and ugly places to a big city like NYC... You prolly have been visiting the not too good places of a big city like NYC... But i will have to agree that the word "overhyped" is relative...
True.....
Annnnnnd..... When you want something and your fine get it, it's annoying until you do and tick it off your bucket list.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:48pm On May 05, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Oya warris your problem?! Ask your kweshuns. Now you are talking!!!
.....Although 100 dollars too small o! How much all these money miss road dey give agents?! Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 8:48pm On May 05, 2018
iRyan:

Sir I’ve dinned and partied at what many will call the heart of NYC. During the good days of 130 naira to the dollar I lodged around 5th Avenue and done most of what tourists do and I repeat I prefer my spring break trips to Barcelona . I lived in USA for close to 5 years and have only visited once since returning to Nigeria. I prefer going to Asian and European cities

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2018
abnot:

Sir I’ve dinned and partied at what many will call the heart of NYC. During the good days of 130 naira to the dollar I lodged around 5th Avenue and done most of what tourists do and I repeat I prefer my spring break trips to Barcelona . I lived in USA for close to 5 years and have only visited once since returning to Nigeria. I prefer going to Asian and European cities

I can see where the little conflict is because you lived 5 years in the US while you only visited Asia and Europe.

If you visit some cities in Europe or Asia you will appreciate Mile2.

Just as you single out one city from Europe then compare a week family trip to Disney World, Las vegas, Los Angeles....

Having a US visa for tourism provides an opportunity for a Tourist to see more world class sites compare to having visas to visit entire Europe and Asia together. If the true purpose is for tourism.

However, I agree with your initial post saying it shouldn't be do or die as other countries have some wonderful sites. I personally enjoy Asia as I have visited Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan...

My reason for accepting US as a top destination is it almost free of racism and openness to opportunities. What is the joy of taking your family to a Tourist destination where people don't want to seat close to you on a tourist ride or looking at you as second class cos of the colour of your skin.

Best Wishes

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 10:31pm On May 05, 2018
benolala:

I can see where the little conflict is because you lived 5 years in the US while you only visited Asia and Europe.

If you visit some cities in Europe or Asia you will appreciate Mile2.

Just as you single out one city from Europe then compare a week family trip to Disney World, Las vegas, Los Angeles....

Having a US visa for tourism provides an opportunity for a Tourist to see more world class sites compare to having visas to visit entire Europe and Asia together. If the true purpose is for tourism.

However, I agree with your initial post saying it shouldn't be do or die as other countries have some wonderful sites. I personally enjoy Asia as I have visited Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan...

My reason for accepting US as a top destination is it almost free of racism and openness to opportunities. What is the joy of taking your family to a Tourist destination where people don't want to seat close to you on a tourist ride or looking at you as second class cos of the colour of your skin.

Best Wishes
As you said may be that’s why. NYC, Chi-Town and LA are likely To be more accommodating due to the diverse nature of it inhabitants . A tourist may not experience such nice hospitality in Michigan or Seattle
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dansmith1(m): 11:59pm On May 05, 2018
bigbus:

Since she has filed for you, probably best to wait for the outcome, especially since your intention is to join her. This thread is for helping people who genuinely want to visit and return.

Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 12:07am On May 06, 2018
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:47am On May 06, 2018
abnot:

You this guy get sense well, when people are in the cloud you grab their feet and plant it firmly back on the ground. Kudos.

In my form i already told them my junior wife has birthday coming, senior wife and I wedding anniversary same week, then my daughter will be finishing primary schoshenext academic year and we are thinking of getting her enrolled in a high school in US, her uncle lives there to act as guardian....so if daughter likes their school there she might be a migrant next year. grin. We are all coming back home. I cant abandon the pleasure of two women in a truly free society to go live in a pseudo free society that does not and will not legalize polygamy but homosexuality is legal. grin

If dem like make them no approve my visa. I go carry my family go another country go holiday.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:53am On May 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Oya warris your problem?! Ask your kweshuns. Now you are talking!!!
.....Although 100 dollars too small o! How much all these money miss road dey give agents?! Lol

Chineke!! grin. See as my sweet angel don forgive me and come back to rescue me. Dalu. grin. kiss

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ddarkguy: 5:00am On May 06, 2018
PTA is PERSONAL Travel Allowance. Banks give maximum amount of $4k while BTA is BUSINESS Travel Allowance. And Nigerian banks give maximum of $5k. You can visit aboki if you want more. If you have more than $10k you must declare with Customs and Immigration officers. If you are on vacation, you are EXPECTED to come with a minimum of $1000 per person (depending on factors like if u will be staying with someone or hotel, feeding, transporting etc). The more dollars you bring, the more fun you will have. Thank you.
seyewest:

PTA ($4000) is the most any Nigerian bank can give you... I don't know what is confusing about that and BTA will be determined by the custom/immigration service of the country you're visiting....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olasunky15(m): 12:45pm On May 06, 2018
Bleuocean:
pls those booking appointments in lagos what dates are available now?

september and above
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:50pm On May 06, 2018
benolala:

Best Wishes

You're right on point about the openness of U.S than most Asian cities.... This is the beauty of this thread where we all make our point in civilized manner while respecting each others opinion.... for me I prefer flying my family to U.S for tourism than anywhere just because of the citizen openness to visitors.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joeblackdedon(f): 7:12pm On May 06, 2018
monchat:

thanks so much, please can you throw more light on business people.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ShowYourCertificate: 7:22pm On May 06, 2018
Kanoborn:
hi guys, Here is my situation; i had a 2year US visa. And i traveled twice with it. The visa expired in March. And i wanted to renew it via Dropbox. But my passport was stamped with " cancelled without prejudice". And was asked to schedule an interview. which I did. My main aim of traveling is to deliver my Baby. Will that be a, red flag? Just extra info; My husband is a citizen and we already have a pending i-130 in process for our two kids and i. what are my chances of getting a visa? please all input will be appreciated. I just hope I'm not asking in a wrong thread. please kindly redirect me if that's the case. Thanks guys.
I think you were scheduled for an interview because of your pending i-130. They need to be sure you will come back to Nigeria. I also have a pending immigration application (K1 Visa) but I was able to travel to the States cos my Visa is still valid. I think I won't be eligible for a drop box when my visa expires. I'll be scheduled for an interview just as was done for you.

Your pregnancy won't be an issue if you can demonstrate your financial capability (giving birth in the States is pretty expensive).

So you have two things to prove: your non-immigration intent and your financial capability. The former will be much more difficult to prove than the later. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 7:30pm On May 06, 2018
If I may chip in the advantages of visiting US for tourism...

For me I like the wide spread of the country hence making you have plethora of states and a plethora of tourists sites to visit.
Lets take LA and Las Vegas, they are neighboring states and hence a visit to LA and a bus ride to Vegas can only mean double pleasure as both states have way so many places to sightsee and catch fun.

New York is a country of its own sef, Florida, DC and so many other states all with a single visa. To me it is similar to having a shengen visa where you may tour so many European countries but this one without the hassle of border control.

I never get tired of Las Vegas, there is always a new thing to explore there...the site is simply heaven on earth.
Also with the US you may be mistaken for an African American depending on how you "package" yourself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bitcoinmilliona: 7:34pm On May 06, 2018
I was denied canadian visitors visa in march. Im going for my US interview next month. Pls will they know i was declied visit in canada if i dont tell them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.