Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,143 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177273 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chima1978: 9:46am On May 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I really just get tired here sometimes. It seems some posters just want me to go on a tirade.... Oh, Please!!! If it helps both of us, kindly read through my last post you responded to; the first paragraph concerns you in my response to a post "goading" me. The only thing that could have offended you there which I don't see though, is the 96 - 2000 twist I brought in. So, how does that hurt please undecided

Was only trying to make the OP see that we have two different characters involved here, namely you and the moniker 'Angeland'. Yet, you too seem to have gotten it all twisted. Are you one and the same person? Maybe that's where I'm getting it wrong.

The second paragraph of that post was addressing another person entirely whom I named 'sister' (not the church version, but the normal one like one who you respect so to speak. E.g. that 'anty', that 'sister' that works in that office), and not you.

I am not Angeland nor do I know Angeland. I have explained the 96-2000 in my previous post. It hurt when you I thought you were referring to me when you began to talk about the implications of my actions, my sister, married, etc like I was planning to do something sinister.

Anyway moving on, I hope I have shed more light in my previous posts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:51am On May 01, 2018
chima1978:

Ok now I understand your question. 1996-2000 I went for my undergraduate degree. Came back as soon as I concluded and worked. Nothing too big...just in my fathers Company. While in the US, I did travel out to the UK, I worked on campus which I was allowed to (20 hrs per week..if I remember correctly).

This takes me to 2008 where you know the story from there. From 2011 - 2013, I did a law program. Everything was within my visa conditions. I have been granted 2 separate UK visas after I came back in 2013.

I was concerned about my US tie (sister) and now reading your post. no marriage and children may be an issue. Lord...

You should be fine then, that's if nothing is being held against you from your previous US travel history sha oh.... Worry less about @the bolded if you are all clear on these other variables as enunciated above by you, those should go a long way in making up!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:56am On May 01, 2018
chima1978:

I am not Angeland nor do I know Angeland. I have explained the 96-2000 in my previous post. It hurt when you began to talk about the implications of my actions, like I was planning to do something sinister, etc. Anyway moving on, I hope I have shed better light in my previous posts.

Again I ask, just before moving on, point me to where I did @the bolded to you if I already wrote here that the second paragraph of that post had nothing to do with you but another poster (@Angeland to be precise)?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chima1978: 10:16am On May 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Again I ask, just before moving on, point me to where I did @the bolded to you if I already wrote here that the second paragraph of that post had nothing to do with you but another poster (@Angeland to be precise)?
When you replied the poster who said something about doing my homework, your whole response was assumed to be about me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 10:21am On May 01, 2018
ShowYourCertificate:
Thanks so much.

Got to the States yesterday. No issues at all at the POE. Was asked the same questions I was asked the last time. They didn't even search my luggage despite declaring I had food items. The CBP officer only asked to know the name of the food item which I obliged.

No questions concerning my fiancee visa application. It was a very smooth entry smiley

My appreciation to benolala, babaramota1980, omobendel24 and seyewest for their assistance. I'm much grateful.

grin grin
I must tell my junior wife this. Even in America they give me shout out. grin

Im glad you made it safely across. Bring me original kfc from there abeg. This yeye hen dem dey sell to us as chicken here get as e be. angry

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:50am On May 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin
I must tell my junior wife this. Even in America they give me shout out. grin

Im glad you made it safely across. Bring me original kfc from there abeg. This yeye hen dem dey sell to us as chicken here get as e be. angry

Lolz! I expected something of this nature from you @oga "Baba Rambo" cheesy grin. It's getting better!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:53am On May 01, 2018
chima1978:

When you replied the poster who said something about doing my homework, your whole response was assumed to be about me.

Okay, no ish.... Just wanted to correct that! I'm sure LadyG also wasn't referring to you, she most likely thought I was responding to @angeland.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chima1978: 11:07am On May 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Okay, no ish.... Just wanted to correct that! I'm sure LadyG also wasn't referring to you, she most likely thought I was responding to @angeland.
Thanks for your response. Moving on and reading on...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2018
chima1978:

Ok now I understand your question. 1996-2000 I went for my undergraduate degree. Came back as soon as I concluded and worked. Nothing too big...just in my fathers Company. While in the US, I did travel out to the UK, I worked on campus which I was allowed to (20 hrs per week..if I remember correctly).

This takes me to 2008 where you know the story from there. From 2011 - 2013, I did a law program. Everything was within my visa conditions. I have been granted 2 separate UK visas after I came back in 2013.

I was concerned about my US tie (sister) and now reading your post. no marriage and children may be an issue. Lord...
Bros please go ahead and apply, you have more ties to Nigeria, your sister being a US citizen doesn't affect you considering your profile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheNobelPrize(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2018
Good morning house.Nice posts going on here.You guys are just so awesome.I just received an award to present my research and work at the 49th meeting of the division of AMO of the American Physical Society (APS).The award covers full travel expenses.My talk/presentation has been scheduled for May 30th.I want to know if it is possible to schedule a very early appointment date at the US consulate or am I late? .I intend paying for the visa fee tomorrow. Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:16pm On May 01, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I must tell my junior wife this. Even in America they give me shout out.

Very funny Baba grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Asihanmi: 4:23pm On May 01, 2018
Hello house , please i need your urgent assistance.
Is it possible to create another US application profile for one of my children? I was filling the form i realized a made a mistake under relationship between the first and second child so (clicked child felt i should click other relative). Can i go ahead to create another profile then at the point of scheduling an appointment i make use of the correct profile?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dansmith1(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2018
Hello everyone. Hope you guys are doing ok. I’ve been going thru these pages on this topic and I’m amazed at how helpful people are here.
I want to travel to the US on a visitor’s visa and wanted to ask for help on the best way to get it considering my unique situation.
My mom moved to the US a while ago and is now a citizen. I tried applying to visit her in 2012 but was denied & told to wait for her to file for me to go join her. My mom has since filed for me. Would there be any other of travelling to the US at this point? I’m a postgraduate from a UK university. Not currently employed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 8:13pm On May 01, 2018
dansmith1:
Hello everyone. Hope you guys are doing ok. I’ve been going thru these pages on this topic and I’m amazed at how helpful people are here.
I want to travel to the US on a visitor’s visa and wanted to ask for help on the best way to get it considering my unique situation.
My mom moved to the US a while ago and is now a citizen. I tried applying to visit her in 2012 but was denied & told to wait for her to file for me to go join her. My mom has since filed for me. Would there be any other of travelling to the US at this point? I’m a postgraduate from a UK university. Not currently employed.

Since she has filed for you, probably best to wait for the outcome, especially since your intention is to join her. This thread is for helping people who genuinely want to visit and return.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 8:23pm On May 01, 2018
Asihanmi:
Hello house , please i need your urgent assistance.
Is it possible to create another US application profile for one of my children? I was filling the form i realized a made a mistake under relationship between the first and second child so (clicked child felt i should click other relative). Can i go ahead to create another profile then at the point of scheduling an appointment i make use of the correct profile?

The gurus will help you with better advice. My take is that since it is possible to fill new forms and swap (see past posts on how to do this), then the mistake has a solution. The key to resolving the situation seems to be to fill a new form. Just make sure you schedule the appointment with the right form in the end.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 01, 2018
Pipedreams:
My appointment time may likely fall on a public muslim holiday. June 18. Will it be shifted? Shud i call the embassy?
I don't think it will be shifted. The holiday they will observe will be the Muslim El fitri on June 15...
My cousin's interview is on the same date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 01, 2018
iRyan:
I don't think it will be shifted. The holiday they will observe will be the Muslim El fitri on June 15...
My cousin's interview is on the same date.

What if its a public holiday in Nigeria and not a public holiday in the US. Will it still hold?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
Pipedreams:

What if its a public holiday in Nigeria and not a public holiday in the US. Will it still hold?
The U.S embassy has a holiday calendar. You might want to go check it out for more dits...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 01, 2018
iRyan:
The U.S embassy has a holiday calendar. You might want to go check it out for more dits...

Yes it says 15th june. But its two days 15th n 16th. 16th is saturday n FG will most likely give 18th monday are general public hols
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 01, 2018
Pipedreams:

Yes it says 15th june. But its two days 15th n 16th. 16th is saturday n FG will most likely give 18th monday are general public hols
16th is on a Saturday . I dont think they work on Saturdays but they gotta work on Monday... Oh well... Keeping fingers crossed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 11:05pm On May 01, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! I expected something of this nature from you @oga "Baba Rambo" cheesy grin. It's getting better!

Omo, how man for do now? grin
My level don upgrade, i need to start talking in dollars. grin

If no be mackdonalds and kfc i no want am....burgers and chickens, no yawa. grin grin

America dey call me, i must go visit now o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 11:16pm On May 01, 2018
Hey LadyG,
My dear UmuAda, the most precious and charming lady on Nairaland, my one and wonderful rose, beauty and brain all packaged into one. I need you o.

Come give me instruction from A to Z about how to apply for Amrrican visa.

Ties no be my problem, two wives, two children and a house is more than enough, and if na income measure sef im well secured.

Come coach me personally. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lantrenzo: 3:56am On May 02, 2018
Please guys what is the next available next? Because I am seeing September. Thanks.

[Qquote author=iRyan post=67193637] I don't think it will be shifted. The holiday they will observe will be the Muslim El fitri on June 15...
My cousin's interview is on the same date.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:06am On May 02, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Hey LadyG,
My dear UmuAda, the most precious and charming lady on Nairaland, my one and wonderful rose, beauty and brain all packaged into one. I need you o.

Come give me instruction from A to Z about how to apply for Amrrican visa.

Ties no be my problem, two wives, two children and a house is more than enough, and if na income measure sef im well secured.

Come coach me personally. grin
you can't afford umuada fees tongue tongue grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:21am On May 02, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

If BabaRamota1980 can't afford the fees, I will help him with the fundraising grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 7:24am On May 02, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Im coming to village with baskets of fruits and wine and kolanut and yam and snuff with good old schnapps. I go pack dry tobacco leaves join.

Give me ya list. Naira is old, im into dollars now. grin

Tell me what color you like for mercedes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:43am On May 02, 2018
TheCongo2:

If BabaRamota1980 can't afford the fees, I will help him with the fundraising grin
I have said it before
I will "said" it again....
Lobotomy angry undecided smiley
Oya. Go to GT and pay for my visa fees... Helper tongue

@BR speak to my brother Seye. He has my voice wink grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 8:14am On May 02, 2018
TheCongo2:

Chineke. grin. God go bless you my brother.

Una go see premarriage photoshoot soon. grin grin.

We go go American embassy, na there our own photoshoot go happen. Me and my personal vo. Na me go be the applicant, LadyG go be the Americana VO. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 8:21am On May 02, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I have said it before
I will "said" it again....
Lobotomy angry undecided smiley
Oya. Go to GT and pay for my visa fees... Helper tongue

@BR speak to my brother Seye. He has my voice wink grin

If na syey go speak for you na hin be say na passat you want. angry

LadyG, you know say i never chop since yesterday? If i not see you e get as food dey be for mouth. I see you now belle don sweet me. Yimmu grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lantrenzo: 9:19am On May 02, 2018
Hello LadyG and great NAIRALANDERS,

Please advise. I have a conference to attend in the US in about a month but the next available appointment date I see on my application is September. Or am I looking at the wrong schedule? What do I do?

Thanks so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sosy25: 9:23am On May 02, 2018
I am filling the DS 160 form and the passport photograph was rejected. The reason given was "Image may contain imperfections due to compression artifacts". Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know how you got around it. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 9:28am On May 02, 2018
lantrenzo:
Hello LadyG and great NAIRALANDERS,

Please advise. I have a conference to attend in the US in about a month but the next available appointment date I see on my application is September. Or am I looking at the wrong schedule? What do I do?

Thanks so much.
Check Abuja, you may be lucky to get a date there

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.