Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177342 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:00pm On May 10, 2018
Rinzo02:

Good day everyone, Please I want to apply USA visa for my son of 18months old, he was denied USA visa last year along with me and his father but now his grandma who has a valid USA visa is willing to take him along on a 2weeks trip for a church program since his grandma is the one taking care of him Whenever we are off to work and me and his Dad are always very busy at work, no one to stay with him if his grandma travels out. Please can i apply for him? If yes, how do i go about it? Will his grandma be the one to take him to the embassy or one of his parents? Will he be granted visa because both parents don't have USA visa? Thanks and God bless.

A year and half old baby making such trip with grandma not making much sense to me sha....

Grandchildren can get visas back off grandparents whether parents have visa or not, but I think the one in this case is yet not old enough despite the strength of the reason given for such (not sounding cogent enough). Dunno, let others contribute sha....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2018
For the B1/B2 form only what is asked is only your surname and first name. But d'nt worry about it. The most important thing is y schedule appointment page having the same bar code with y DS-160 confirmation page when u print it out. Only what the VO wants is y confirmation number which is tag on y passport during checkin.
However during the day of my interview I met some applicants who had their 1st name,middle name and surname together. So no fear. But for next time follow the instruction ps.

U can not buy B1/B2 form, u only fill the form or edit. U can still edit the names and check if u still have the schedule appointment date u choose bf. if the date av not moved up, u can edit and schedule again and send to y email for print out. If u can not do anything about it just leave it like dat. So far is the extact name on y passport.

Ps I d'nt understand the 2nd question

**Meanwhile accompanying children's details were well captured. What can I do? **

Hello House. I need your advise. Just scheduled appointment for US interview but realised that only the surname and first name were input meanwhile I had input surname, first name and middle names of DS 160 form as requested on the form. Now on the appointment schedule page only first name and surname is asked so until appointment was booked b4 I realised. Does it mean I will buy another B1 /B2 form?

Meanwhile accompanying children's details were well captured. What can I do? I will appreciate your urgent feedback[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:16pm On May 10, 2018
Fifiglow:

Waow...Thanks O!

I have family in the UK who I had to bond with as I haven’t seen them in years hence my long holiday

Yes I am a working individual in Lagos and the first trip was utilized for my official leave which I’m entitled to 21 days off work

And the recent trip was for Easter holidays of which I attended to my office job remotely whilst there..(I worked online)

but pls how long can i hold off before I process my US application as I would love to visit the US in September or October

Thanks

Till Christmas/New Year holiday I will suggest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2018
The VO will just denial yr 18months son and y visa money gone. It is not advisable at all dear. D'nt allow the small boy get 2nd denial again I beg u. The VO will just reject him straight ahead without even asking y grandmother much about him.
U can not just apply for 18months son alone, he has to apply with the parents not grandmother.
U can employ a house help for him when grandma travel or u put him in a crèche.
Ps u and y family should prepare to reapply again and work on the reason (s) why the 1st visa was denial.

Good day everyone, Please I want to apply USA visa for my son of 18months old, he was denied USA visa last year along with me and his father but now his grandma who has a valid USA visa is willing to take him along on a 2weeks trip for a church program since his grandma is the one taking care of him Whenever we are off to work and me and his Dad are always very busy at work, no one to stay with him if his grandma travels out. Please can i apply for him? If yes, how do i go about it? Will his grandma be the one to take him to the embassy or one of his parents? Will he be granted visa because both parents don't have USA visa? Thanks and God bless.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fifiglow(f): 7:59pm On May 10, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Till Christmas/New Year holiday I will suggest.

Thank you so very much Omobendel24

Will do just that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 8:54pm On May 10, 2018
Hello all if one renews his Us visa and decides to change his destination which is different from the one one the form in which she filled will she encounter a problem at the port of entry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 10:19pm On May 10, 2018
monchat:

The VO will just denial yr 18months son and y visa money gone. It is not advisable at all dear. D'nt allow the small boy get 2nd denial again I beg u. The VO will just reject him straight ahead without even asking y grandmother much about him.
U can not just apply for 18months son alone, he has to apply with the parents not grandmother.
Ps u and y family should prepare to reapply again and work on the reason (s) why the 1st visa was denial.

This one that you are so sure of this 'denial'...
If the grandmom has the authorized permission/consent from the parents and she can conveniently convince the VO. Then why not?
My concern is that it is like killing a mosquito with a hammer.
The child's visa is not a threat to the embassy IMO as children's visa are usually tied to the parents or guardian.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rinzo02: 10:39pm On May 10, 2018
Ess:

If the grandmom has the authorized permission/consent from the parents and she can conveniently convince the VO. Then why not?
The child's visa is not a threat to the embassy IMO as children's visa are usually tied to the parents or guardian.

Thank you so much, God bless you. May be I should get someone that will take care of him for the two weeks till his grandma comes back. I am scared of second denial hmmm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rinzo02: 10:42pm On May 10, 2018
monchat:

Good day everyone, Please I want to apply USA visa for my son of 18months old, he was denied USA visa last year along with me and his father but now his grandma who has a valid USA visa is willing to take him along on a 2weeks trip for a church program since his grandma is the one taking care of him Whenever we are off to work and me and his Dad are always very busy at work, no one to stay with him if his grandma travels out. Please can i apply for him? If yes, how do i go about it? Will his grandma be the one to take him to the embassy or one of his parents? Will he be granted visa because both parents don't have USA visa? Thanks and God bless.

Thank you for the advise. I will get someone that will stay with him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Najm(m): 1:35am On May 11, 2018
hello guys,
please i want to take my family (wife and 3 kids) on a vacation to the US but my wife doesn't have any travel history.i have enough travel history and even had a US visa that expired without my using it. I got the visa while working with a company that wanted to send me on a training which was eventually cancelled. All my travel history was while i was employed though spanning about 8 years. i now run my own business (for the past 2 years) and want us to go and chill for a few weeks in the states. My wife has her fashion business as well and its doing great. Will her not having any travel history be a show stopper?does she really need travel history since i have lots of it?

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:16am On May 11, 2018
Rinzo02:

I agree with the reasons given by omobendel. Whatever the reason you preferred, I believe the fact that the child is 18 months and about to be separated from his parents weighs more.
Even though she's technically his nanny, you guys still come back from work and see him everyday and she is not his legal guardian.
If he was denied alongside his parents with the assumption of an immigrant intent and inability to prove ties, then why should he be given with a non legal guardian?

@shookie sorry the question asked is one that you need to answer yourself.
Go through the thread. Read. Learn. Then self evaluate whether your circumstances have changed. Confidence comes from sweat and hard work done by onself

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2018
My dear let us face reality ps, this is 18months old child, it is not advisable. I d'nt see the possibility of VO granting him visa with the grand mother. If the child is like 7 upwards no problem but just 18months.

The child's visa is not a threat to the embassy IMO as children's visa are usually tied to the parents or guardian.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MrsBee: 12:04pm On May 11, 2018
monchat:
Let her ask her self if she has a strong family tie in Nigeria. Since she is single she has no family ties. No hubby and kids

2. How long has she been in the fashion designer work? ( Years of experience working as a fashion designer) 3 Years

3. Have she got any traveling history. Traveling history to Europe countries not Contonu or Togo o! angry angry(Which is a plus) No Travel History

How much does she make monthly and yearly in her business Average of 50k monthly

The VO will evaluate her with the above.

Hello House,

I have a friend that wants to apply to visit the US. She is 27, single and a fashion designer (business is not registered). I think her chances are low, but i would like to hear from other experienced people here.

3 years as a fashion designer
No travel history
Average of 50k monthly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 2:53pm On May 11, 2018
My dear I will advise your friend to please build up her familly ties well bf she apply for USA. USA are very strict on the ties. For a single lady she might not av enof family tie, the VO might wave it off and evaluate her base on her years of experience, the salary she earns and traveling history. Her chances to me is low. I will advice her to travel to the UK to build her traveling history. If she is interested in applying for UK I will advice her what to do. Cheers

3 years as a fashion designer
No travel history
Average of 50k monthly.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ezy1992: 6:13pm On May 11, 2018
Hello All,
Please I want to apply for my dad.
My aunt wants to invite him to the us and also sponsor his trip. He is a farmer and not fluent in English.
Please i have two questions
1. Will i be allowed to go in with him to translate, or an interpreter will be provided at the embassy.
2. How do I input his work information since he is self employed.
My aunty will be sending a letter, her passport page and statement if Acct. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eurogee: 9:17pm On May 11, 2018
Had read everything and didnt see such information. However, i appreciate your response. Gonna mail them right away!

OmoBendel24:

The solution you seek is somewhere on this thread, go through the thread, it will help. Will however just tell you (as a freebie to you for coming on this thread) in the midst of all these many stories of yours that you don't have much issue yet as long as you haven't attended any interview nor even scheduled any appointment. You also cannot create a new profile with your International Passport, it's waste of time.

Just call the embassy's customer care unit, tell them you can't login to your profile and request of them to change the email on your profile (to the one you know and have access to), start afresh from there and possess your possession. Lolz! Regards....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 10:36pm On May 11, 2018
ezy1992:
Hello All,
My aunt wants to invite him to the us and also sponsor his trip. He is a farmer and not fluent in English.
1. Will i be allowed to go in with him to translate, or an interpreter will be provided at the embassy.
My aunty will be sending a letter, her passport page and statement if Acct. Thank you
1. The embassy will provide an interpreter for him.
2. What does he do? His occupation/profession cannot be simply "self-employed". It can be "Farmer".
All the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 2:21am On May 12, 2018
ezy1992:
Hello All,

From experience your Dad should not have any problem most especially if he is above 65 years old. However, if you don't have strong ties I will advise you not to waste your money in applying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 4:30am On May 12, 2018
Hello all I recently got a visiting visa , I am 4 months pregnant , my true intentions are to visit for 2weeks as I am not financially prep for childbirth there so I don't intend on having a baby there, but I am hearing stories that might be turned back at POE as they might not believe me.I repeat my intention is holiday, surely there is no issue in a preg lady going on vacation .Please can someone advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:21am On May 12, 2018
boladet:
Hello all I recently got a visiting visa , I am 4 months pregnant , my true intentions are to visit for 2weeks as I am not financially prep for childbirth there so I don't intend on having a baby there, but I am hearing stories that might be turned back at POE as they might not believe me.I repeat my intention is holiday, surely there is no issue in a preg lady going on vacation .Please can someone advise
Theres really nothing else but to answer the CBP and tell him your true intentions if the situation indeed arises.

You can tell them to stamp you in for the duration of your vacation only. That May allay their fears...

But sha...why you wan go vacae now? Kuku be saving that one and be saving and use am go born jare , collect green pale for pikin then do your vacae that time

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Najm(m): 6:56am On May 12, 2018
Najm:
hello guys,
please i want to take my family (wife and 3 kids) on a vacation to the US but my wife doesn't have any travel history.i have enough travel history and even had a US visa that expired without my using it. I got the visa while working with a company that wanted to send me on a training which was eventually cancelled. All my travel history was while i was employed though spanning about 8 years. i now run my own business (for the past 2 years) and want us to go and chill for a few weeks in the states. My wife has her fashion business as well and its doing great. Will her not having any travel history be a show stopper?does she really need travel history since i have lots of it?

thanks

Pls.. Am still expecting some advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:05am On May 12, 2018
Najm:
hello guys,

thanks

Give it a try.
People with no travel history have been given US visa
So, you never know until you try.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:14am On May 12, 2018
boladet:

I think this is where your travel history can help you... if you travel a lot and you don't abuse the terms of your visa... I think the CBP officer will not stress you at POE.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2018
boladet:

Four months pregnancy shouldn't be an issue.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 9:48am On May 12, 2018
Najm:
well using myself as an example , my hubby has no travel history yet we were given the visa as a family so go ahead and give it a try.

Pls.. Am still expecting some advise.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xto4: 2:24pm On May 12, 2018
Hello nairalanders my sis paid for her visa fess with a passport that is to expired in 4 months time, now she has gone to renew her passport. Can she enter the new passport number when she want to book for appointment or she should still use her old passport number since that is what is on her slip given to her in GT bank when she went to pay her visa fees? Any help please on what to do? Confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2018
My advice: since her old passport will expire in 4months time, I will advise her to use the new passport in filling her DS-160 and schedule appointment. The most important thing is the DS-160 and the appointment scheduled having the same passport number. The passport she will use is the new passport and it is the new passport number that is required not the old one. So let her go ahead and use the new passport number in filling her application.

Hello nairalanders my sis paid for her visa fess with a passport that is to expired in 4 months time, now she has gone to renew her passport. Can she enter the new passport number when she want to book for appointment or she should still use her old passport number since that is what is on her slip given to her in GT bank when she went to pay her visa fees? Any help please on what to do? Confused [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aywhy93(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Well done..! And a great job you're all doing here. I'm presently reading the first part and I keep checking this third part daily as well. Thanks for the expensive info being divulged here. Really appreciate.

I have some questions please...

I got my passport some years ago and I couldn't even step out of the country with it (didnt apply for any visa, just been using it as form of ID), and now it will expire November this year. I'm planning to apply for the US Visit Visa anytime soon. My likely travel date would be before it expires in November and I'm hoping to get interviewed in September.

1. Can I apply for the visa with it like that or I have to wait till it expires?
2. Also, I don't have any travel history. I want to have at least one or two before then. What reasonable countries can I go to before then, that wont take much of my money.? Note that I'll be traveling to these countries just for the sake of having traveling history in order to increase my chances.

Thanks for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 5:25pm On May 12, 2018
Since it will expire by Nov, and the next available month for appointment is September, and y passport will expire in three months time. I will advice u to renew your passport after y trip to any country that u want to use inorder to get traveling history.

1. U can not apply for USA visa with just 3months bf it expires. They only accept 6months only. Try to renew it before u apply for USA visa.

2. I will advise u to visit UK and France. Apply for UK and when u get it, apply for France . When u get to Uk, u can take a train and visit France, then u can visit some schengen countries like Germany to get their stamp on y passport. Or u visit France first and then visit uk. The choice is yours. Then come bk to Nigeria and renew y passport and apply for USA visa. USA people prefer Europe countries most time for traveling history. All the best

Hello Everyone,

Well done..! And a great job you're all doing here. I'm presently reading the first part and I keep checking this third part daily as well. Thanks for the expensive info being divulged here. Really appreciate.

I got my passport some years ago and I couldn't even step out of the country with it (didnt apply for any visa, just been using it as form of ID), and now it will expire November this year. I'm planning to apply for the US Visit Visa anytime soon. My likely travel date would be before it expires in November and I'm hoping to get interviewed in September.

1. Can I apply for the visa with it like that or I have to wait till it expires?
2. Also, I don't have any travel history. I want to have at least one or two before then. What reasonable countries can I go to before then, that wont take much of my money.? Note that I'll be traveling to these countries just for the sake of having traveling history in order to increase my chances.

Thanks for your response.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aywhy93(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2018
monchat:
Since it will expire by Nov, and the next available month for appointment is September, and y passport will expire in three months time. I will advice u to renew your passport after y trip to any country that u want to use inorder to get traveling history.

1. U can not apply for USA visa with just 3months bf it expires. They only accept 6months only. Try to renew it before u apply for USA visa.

2. I will advise u to visit UK and France. Apply for UK and when u get it, apply for France . When u get to Uk, u can take a train and visit France, then u can visit some schengen countries like Germany to get their stamp on y passport. Or u visit France first and then visit uk. The choice is yours. Then come bk to Nigeria and renew y passport and apply for USA visa. USA people prefer Europe countries most time for traveling history. All the best

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your response.

Thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate sir.

Actually, I've heard and seen some people on the thread get a US Visa with no traveling history but I just wanna fulfill all rites to increase my chances of getting the visa. Well, I don't know how much traveling to the UK will cost altogether but I used to see UK as very very expensive to travel to, though, I know moving to other Schengen countries from UK wont be a problem. Can you please advice based on the bolded part of the quote.? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.