Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171418 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xwhyz(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2018
Married People have been denied visa conversely single people have been given so there is no point saying you are married when you are really not. By the way you dont need any document
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dewze(m): 12:43am On May 15, 2018
xwhyz:
Married People have been denied visa conversely single people have been given so there is no point saying you are married when you are really not. By the way you dont need any document

Hello. I was invited for a program in the US taking place in July (just two months away). I intend to pay the visa fee today. I would like to know if it is safe to do so or is the time too short to apply? Please help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by therealprinceuk: 5:03am On May 15, 2018
seyewest:

Good that you have an idea of how visa application works generally... you should take time out to go through this thread it will help you a lot...
Visa fee is N56700.00 visit any GTB to pay and make sure you go with your international passport and photocopy of your data page (international passport) and inform them you're applying for a B1/B2 visa after that you will login into this website below;
www.ceac.state.gov for filling the ds160 form, which you must read carefully and calmly.
www.ustraveldocs.com is for scheduling an appointment with the U.S Embassy for interview.
remember to visit the U.S Embassy website page for more information.
Take care

Hi guys, please what is the website to apply for USA visa because www.ceac.state.gov is not working?
I'm ready now to apply pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 5:15am On May 15, 2018
Seye come help your in-law o. grin

See me see trouble I need to change information on my ds form. I don sc.rew up. How can i do without getting new appointment date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:41am On May 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Seye come help your in-law o. grin

See me see trouble I need to change information on my ds form. I don sc.rew up. How can i do without getting new appointment date?

Who is your in-law? Nonsense somebody

Fill a new form
Write to the embassy to swap the ds 160s for you
The end

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2018
therealprinceuk:

Hi guys, please what is the website to apply for USA visa because www.ceac.state.gov is not working?
I'm ready now to apply pls help

it's working try this

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Fill a new form
The end

I'm still waiting for his DM....
Baba R just dey fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jamauldeen: 8:46am On May 15, 2018
I was at the U.S Consular office in Lagos yesterday and was rejected, I noticed so many people were rejected just the oldies were given Visa.

below is my transcript.

VO: Passport

Me : Good morning with a Smile and I passed my passport .

VO : Why are you going to New Hampshire

Me: Visiting my sister who is schooling there

VO: Is she living there

Me: Yes

VO: Where do you work

Me: I work with Lagos State Government as a blah blah blah

VO: Are you married

Me: Am single

VO: what's the duration of your vacation

me: 3 weeks

VO: Kept typing ooooooo, We are sorrry blah blah passed me the blue paper.

In my DS 160 form I filled Rhode Island and New Hampshire as locations am visiting .,my uncle stays in Rhode Island and my sister schools at New Hampshire. But what I think the VO thinks am I might be a redflag is cos New Hampshire is a border state to Canada ,just 1 hour 40mins drive to Montreal, Canada.

Gurus in the house what do you think went wrong .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:18am On May 15, 2018
jamauldeen:
I was at the U.S Consular office in Lagos yesterday and was rejected, I noticed so many people were rejected just the oldies were given Visa.

below is my transcript.

In my DS 160 form I filled Rhode Island and New Hampshire as locations am visiting .,my uncle stays in Rhode Island and my sister schools at New Hampshire. But what I think the VO thinks am I might be a redflag is cos New Hampshire is a border state to Canada ,just 1 hour 40mins drive to Montreal, Canada.

it's still fresh on their mind, that's actually the issue young applicants are currently facing. What a pity sad. The VO already made up his/her that u are one of the Israelites.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2018
aywhy93:

Wish you all the best..!
visa approved will post transcript later today

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NwaMary1: 11:01am On May 15, 2018
yaaaay

congrats.

please do, we can do with a lot of good news now.

onyxo76:
visa approved will post transcript later today
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:22pm On May 15, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Fill a new form
The end

grin grin grin
God Bless you nwanyim! The most beautiful Umuada in all of Nigeria, Oriaku #1. grin

kiss kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 12:56pm On May 15, 2018
jamauldeen:

below is my transcript.

The vo believes you don't have strong ties and will probably also want to live there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 3:11pm On May 15, 2018
I cant stand this Oshodi traffic. This is gateway to Lagos and always an irritable experience to pass through.
These agbero people are nightmares these people vexx me. What the hell. Ambode should outlaw agbero. angry This is unacceptable. Jeezus...look at road block. Is this what visitors see when they arrive Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kristian047(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2018
Hello guys please I’m new here. I’m apply for US visa through cassava association of Nigeria supported by ministry of Agriculture. I’m apply as a operator 2 to the dredging machine we will be studying. Mainly the dredgers is for reclaimation of lands for agricultural purpose. What likely questions can I expect ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2018
VOs in the house pls help paid for visa fee today and the date am seeing is September no may for B1/B2 Pls what can be done
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2018
NwaMary1:
yaaaay

congrats.

please do, we can do with a lot of good news now.

yes my blessed folks just got back home in osun state after almost 5 hours on the road.

My transcript today a the US Consulate.,Lagos.

I will first give you the spiritual aspect before the real conversation to
indeed prove to you that divine favour does exist in this kind of situation.
I through this thread read so many genuine cases being turned down and i decided
to seek the face of God regarding my own interview.
I'm a worker in RCCG and the Lord asked me that what do i wear that connects me to
RCCG?
I replied that it was the bow tie i often wear when I go to preach on Sundays and the
instruction was to wear it on the day of the interview.

I took it along despite my wifes' disapproval that its meant to worn when i preach.

I passed the night in the redeem camp since I reside in Osun state, spent half an hour
at the alter praying and committing the rest of the journey and the interview in the hands
of God.

The interview proper....

I was asked to line up behind an Indian couple who being drilled by man wearing a BOW TIE !!!.
Before my turn ,the Spirit told me to greet him and tell him that he has a lovely Bow tie

VO- Good morning

Me- Good morning to you too, that is a lovely bow tie you have there sir.

VO- laughing.... gee thanks a lot ,looks at me and continues laughinng.(seeing that i have one on too)

VO - what are you going to in the US?

Me- going on a short vacation to visit my uncle.

VO- where are going?

Me- new jersey, woodbury to be precise.

VO- typing and typing, what do you do?

Me- I'm a Medical doctor.

VO- speialist or GP?

Me- GP sir.

VO- where do you work?

Me- Blah blah University health centre,

VO- typing and typing, I see that you were born in Russia, do have the nationality?

Me- yes, by virtue of my birth and mother.

VO- smiling and smiling.... Are you married?

Me- yes

VO- how many children?

Me- three Boys.

VO- What does you wife do?

Me- Asssistant Registrar ,same Uni where i work.

VO- have you been out of Nigeria before?

Me- yes, Dubai in 2016 with my family, Malawi in 2011 for a wedding ,
UK in 2002 and Russia several times as a child,

VO- typing and typing...I'm approving your visa ,please pick your passport
at your chosen location. Hands me the white paper.

To God be the glory and thanks o everyone on this thread you have so wonderful!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chummygirl: 7:39pm On May 15, 2018
@ monchat, pls I sent u an email. pls reply. from chummygirl.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aberyomi09(m): 7:47pm On May 15, 2018
I need the contact email for the US embassy please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aywhy93(m): 7:53pm On May 15, 2018
aberyomi09:
I need the contact email for the US embassy please

Check the website - https://ng.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/lagos/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by aywhy93(m): 7:55pm On May 15, 2018
onyxo76:
yes my blessed folks just got back home in osun state after almost 5 hours on the road.

I will first give you the spiritual aspect before the real conversation to
indeed prove to you that divine favour does exist in this kind of situation.
I through this thread read so many genuine cases being turned down and i decided
to seek the face of God regarding my own interview.
I'm a worker in RCCG and the Lord asked me that what do i wear that connects me to
RCCG?
I replied that it was the bow tie i often wear when I go to preach on Sundays and the
instruction was to wear it on the day of the interview.

I took it along despite my wifes' disapproval that its meant to worn when i preach.

I passed the night in the redeem camp since I reside in Osun state, spent half an hour
at the alter praying and committing the rest of the journey and the interview in the hands
of God.

The interview proper....

I was asked to line up behind an Indian couple who being drilled by man wearing a BOW TIE !!!.
Before my turn ,the Spirit told me to greet him and tell him that he has a lovely Bow tie

VO- Good morning

Me- Good morning to you too, that is a lovely bow tie you have there sir.

VO- laughing.... gee thanks a lot ,looks at me and continues laughinng.(seeing that i have one on too)

VO - what are you going to in the US?

Me- going on a short vacation to visit my uncle.

VO- where are going?

Me- new jersey, woodbury to be precise.

VO- typing and typing, what do you do?

Me- I'm a Medical doctor.

VO- speialist or GP?

Me- GP sir.

VO- where do you work?

Me- Blah blah University health centre,

VO- typing and typing, I see that you were born in Russia, do have the nationality?

Me- yes, by virtue of my birth and mother.

VO- smiling and smiling.... Are you married?

Me- yes

VO- how many children?

Me- three Boys.

VO- What does you wife do?

Me- Asssistant Registrar ,same Uni where i work.

VO- have you been out of Nigeria before?

Me- yes, Dubai in 2016 with my family, Malawi in 2011 for a wedding ,
UK in 2002 and Russia several times as a child,

To God be the glory and thanks o everyone on this thread you have so wonderful!!!

Congrats Bro... You have good ties, traveling history and you were so open and free with the VO during the interview, you weren't looking desperate for the Visa which helped you a lot too.

Mine coming soon. cool

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2018
onyxo76:

Correct man grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 9:19pm On May 15, 2018
Kristian047:
Hello guys please I’m new here. I’m apply for US visa through cassava association of Nigeria supported by ministry of Agriculture. I’m apply as a operator 2 to the dredging machine we will be studying. Mainly the dredgers is for reclaimation of lands for agricultural purpose. What likely questions can I expect ?

Sir, Are you asking about the visa interview or job interview? If about the visa interview, I suggest you read the thread from part 1 and get clear ideas about your ties to Nigeria. Also, you may see from the other transcripts the kind of twist that the visa interview can take, given that Nigeria has a lot of fertile and fallow land. ...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kristian047(m): 12:56am On May 16, 2018
bigbus:

Sir, Are you asking about the visa interview or job interview? If about the visa interview, I suggest you read the thread from part 1 and get clear ideas about your ties to Nigeria. Also, you may see from the other transcripts the kind of twist that the visa interview can take, given that Nigeria has a lot of fertile and fallow land. ...

I’m talking about the visa interview . Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:47am On May 16, 2018
Hi LadyG

I applied for my last US visa from Warsaw, Poland in 2015 while studying there and I was issued a 2 year b1/b2 visa which expired dec 2017

I have since relocated to Nigeria upon completion of my studies and currently working

Do I qualify for a drop box renewal of I am to apply from Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:07am On May 16, 2018
seyewest:

I'm still waiting for his DM....
Baba R just dey fall my hand.

grin
I dey wait make rainy season settle in well. I dey go get yam, red oil, palm wine, groundnut, onion, beans, kolanut, tobacco, two heads of cow, bring come village come get LadyG.

grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 4:12am On May 16, 2018
I did not see any mail chummy girl. Resend ps
chummygirl:
@ monchat, pls I sent u an email. pls reply. from chummygirl.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by therealprinceuk: 4:16am On May 16, 2018
seyewest:

it's working try this

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Thanks a lot bro, before your response I was able to do it through http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp which took me to the main visa application page: https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx So I was able to complete the online application successfully.

However, Ive been trying to book an appointment but I cant create an account as a new user, each time I try I get the below message:

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

What could be the problem?
I even tried to add my First Name and Middle Name in he first name field but it didnt work, I also entered just my first name but that one no work as well. Is anyone here facing same challenge?

Pls help a brother out.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by therealprinceuk: 5:03am On May 16, 2018
therealprinceuk:

Thanks a lot bro, before your response I was able to do it through http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp which took me to the main visa application page: https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx So I was able to complete the online application successfully.

However, Ive been trying to book an appointment but I cant create an account as a new user, each time I try I get the below message:

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

What could be the problem?
I even tried to add my First Name and Middle Name in he first name field but it didnt work, I also entered just my first name but that one no work as well. Is anyone here facing same challenge?

Pls help a brother out.
Thank you

After I wrote the above I did online searching and found out that many people all over the world are facing similar problems. I followed the instruction I saw on a website, entered my email address as if I forgot my password and a temporary password was emailed to me. I am surprised because I haven't used this website before and I haven't applied for USA visa before. It seems when you are filling the online visa form the system automatically registers you, I cant think of any other explanation.

Anyway I have been able to schedule an appointment and I thank you all for your help/assistance.
I will now concentrate on my job/business. I will frequent here when my appointment date is near.
God bless

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jamesgordon: 8:54am On May 16, 2018
HerbertObi:
Hi LadyG

I applied for my last US visa from Warsaw, Poland in 2015 while studying there and I was issued a 2 year b1/b2 visa which expired dec 2017

I have since relocated to Nigeria upon completion of my studies and currently working

Try filling the form and you’d be guided. There’s a part where a question is asked if your previous visa was issued in your home country if you click NO it’ll send you for interview and not Dropbox. Just be confident you’ve gotten the visa already a friend went for hers and got it her first was issued in Aberdeen.

Thank Me Later.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2018
HerbertObi:
Hi LadyG

No sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:03am On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

grin
I dey wait make rainy season settle in well. I dey go get yam, red oil, palm wine, groundnut, onion, beans, kolanut, tobacco, two heads of cow, bring come village come get LadyG.

grin grin

Bro na ritual you wan do? grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.