Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170994 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2018
zeeLady:
Good day house, hope everyone is fine?
I need your opinions here.
I had applied for a B Visa 2 years ago and was denied. Now I my husband and our toddler son want to apply for a b1/b2 visa for a 2 weeks holiday.

I have a cousin who works with a reputable company in US who is willing to invite us. But my confusion is, should he send a letter to the embassy stating he is inviting us and stating he will take care of our housing and feeding? If yes which email should that be? Or should it be sent by post?

On the other hand, should we just play low on any relationship abroad and just state we are sponsoring ourselves?

Which one please?

PS: our immediate family members are in Nigeria and we both have stable jobs.

I need your advice
1. Iv letters are not sent to any one in the embassy. You carry it along in the unlikely event you are asked for it...
2. If you will stay with a cousin, then why shouldnt you disclose it? People have been sent back for the exact reason.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OME1(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2018
Well done everyone.

Thanks again. @OmoBendel24 @seyewest.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2018
nedu2016:
seywest yes I wil like to work in usa do u have any useful information for me thank u for ur response

Start by applying for job. It's better to use student route
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Oshokejohnson:
Hello house please I need urgent answer I have conference that am attending next month I got June 18 as my date of appointment not knowing that it was holiday and I cause what I saw on there holiday was just Friday and when I got to the embassy on Monday which is 18 they said I should check my mail that they rebook the appointment to 14 June am so worry now cause the date for the conference is near and the available date is Oct please can anyone help me out?

Don't you check your emails especially someone who is going for a conference and has interview at the consulate?
This is not smart at all and you still requesting for help when you should be searching the internet and calling the consulate on the way forward.

Best of luck in getting a date, getting a visa, getting an "affordable" ticket and possibly attending the conference

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oshokejohnson: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
I don't understand do u mean is not possible to get early date again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oshokejohnson: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
I call them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Oshokejohnson:
I don't understand do u mean is not possible to get early date again?

I cannot answer that because I don't work at the consulate, not a visa guru neither do I need a visa to the USA.

Build on what they told you when you called and find a path forward
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fcisca: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Try requesting for an emergency appointment. Though your case does not qualify, but who knows, you might be lucky given your circumstances.

Learn to check your mail on-the-go. Most email providers have mobile version where you can receive email notifications as they drop.
All the best
Oshokejohnson:
I call them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
W

There used to be some Chloe lady on this forum. Where is she at?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

There used to be some Chloe lady on this forum. Where is she at?

I don ask tire... and @Nef
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Moshstand: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good day ma
Am about to apply for a us visiting visa which i have ones applied for and denied. My mother is on her second visit to the us. I wish to apply again with her as a family by next year when her visa get expired. The issue am having is the difference in the surname,what is my chances of getting the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
seyewest:

I don ask tire... and @Nef

She was ladyg's right hand buddy . they must have started this thread together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Bia afonja!. Warra u smoking grin
Seye, check the birthing thread. This thread gets tiring jare. Same kwshuns.
Afonja please gimme invitation letter to your house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Afonja please gimme invitation letter to your house grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Oshokejohnson:
Hello house please I need urgent answer I have conference that am attending next month I got June 18 as my date of appointment not knowing that it was holiday and I cause what I saw on there holiday was just Friday and when I got to the embassy on Monday which is 18 they said I should check my mail that they rebook the appointment to 14 June am so worry now cause the date for the conference is near and the available date is Oct please can anyone help me out?

You never had a genuine conference... stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
seyewest:

Yes I do....
Apply for a work visa... Get in touch with the U.S Embassy.. They will give you the necessary information you needed to make it happen.
Good luck.

N.B Just in case... Use google to get the website of U.S Embassy in Nigeria.

This is not factual. An individual cannot file for a work visa independently, you need a US employer to file one on your behalf. His job as a welder will never qualify as a specialty occupation anyway so it’s a lost cause.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarrONLS: 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

You never had a genuine conference... stop lying. [/quote] ;

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
G
TWoods:

Hmm. Based on which fact Sir?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
Fela4ese:
congratulations all d best to u guys

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
TWoods:

E don dey enter your bodi small small...Smh.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SexyDuby(f): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
TWoods:

Mogbe!!!
angry grin angry grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Afonja please gimme invitation letter to your house

I will do so ooooo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
TWoods:

Wan ti de mmcchheeew!

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chuchunana: 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
TWoods:

And how exactly do you know he's lying? ***spits and walks away***

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ANIT1: 11:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
ladylco:

Wan ti de mmcchheeew!

Why does this twoods sound like Onyeka Nwelue ������

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Gracie2000: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good day house please I need your honest opinion I and my partner an American citizen has been together for 8years now we have three children and I have already gotten their America passports at birth here in Nigeria.my partner travel back to the states once in a while he still trying to settle his divorce case with his Ex which has drag on for so long.we both have good jobs here in Nigeria we have traveled to other countries except the states.I am considering applying to take our kids there for vacation so that we can all at least visit the states for the first time.please what are my chances of getting a visa for myself, I have not done it all this while because I don’t want to come across like and trying to abscond from here with my kids.what are my chances for a visa and how do I go about it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
TWoods:

Loool!!...all these fake conferences undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Loool!!...all these fake conferences undecided

I particularly love those crying louder than the bereaved. grin cheesy. Yeah someone is going for a conference but doesn’t understand how to use punctuations or email... cry me a river.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 11:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Gracie2000:
Good day house please I need your honest opinion I and my partner an American citizen has been together for 8years now we have three children and I have already gotten their America passports at birth here in Nigeria.my partner travel back to the states once in a while he still trying to settle his divorce case with his Ex which has drag on for so long.we both have good jobs here in Nigeria we have traveled to other countries except the states.I am considering applying to take our kids there for vacation so that we can all at least visit the states for the first time.please what are my chances of getting a visa for myself, I have not done it all this while because I don’t want to come across like and trying to abscond from here with my kids.what are my chances for a visa and how do I go about it.

Get married legally and have him file for permanent residency for you. It’s very fast for you. Otherwise it may be hard to convince a VO that you have more ties here than the US. But there’s no harm in trying.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
Gracie2000:
Wait o, so the divorce has been dragging on for 7years? Or you guys got together while he was still legally married in the US? For papers? (Pardon me if that’s not the case Abeg o). It’s just so weird that you’ve been with someone for 7years and have two kids while he’s not even divorced yet.

Yes, you can apply for the visa. But the questions I asked might be questions that pop up during the visa interview. And if the VO continues probing and gets to know that your baby daddy had kids with you while still married, it might lead to questions about how he got his citizenship and all that wahala and investigation.

Best bet is for you to wait until he gets his divorce and then he files for a green card for you. That way, you save him and yourself from unnecessary USCIS scrutiny and wahala. It shouldn’t take more than a year for the divorce to be final (6 in a lot of states and a year to two to file for a green card). All the best.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:01am On Jun 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Afonja please gimme invitation letter to your house grin

When you show just holla me make I spoil you small

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.