Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174689 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
@zimzee.....it either you are reading another thread or you don't understand what you want to do.
Am 100% sure that your matter has been treated times without number. Cool down take your time and read. It took me over 4 months to read part 1 plus another 300pages of part 2.

From my observation the successful rate of silent readers is higher because they have better understanding of their traveling purposes, quality answers during the interview session....

Just take your time.

Zimzee:

Otunba15, I am still reading part 2 while following this part 3. Sometimes it can really get confusing. Please a little explanation to my question will surely go a long way and will highly be appreciated. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtunOba15:
@zimzee.....it either you are reading another thread or you don't understand what you want to do.
Am 100% sure that your matter has been treated times without number. Cool down take your time and read. It took me over 4 months to read part 1 plus another 300pages of part 2.

From my observation the successful rate of silent readers is higher because they have better understanding of their traveling purposes, quality answers during the interview session....

Just take your time.

OK oo, lemme continue reading... Thanks. Will be back with more questions....lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtunOba15:

Just take your time.

Boss, please help me answer those questions up there so i can complete my DS-160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Zimzee:
Hello house, I have been a silent follower of this thread. And u guys are doing wonderfully well. Please help me with this question. I have four kids and my husband wants us to travel to the states on a holiday next year, we have not travelled before, no travel history at all. But I have a good job with an income of almost 300k monthly, and my husband on the other hand has a registered lubricant company that is also doing well. We have investments here in Nigeria. I also have one or two relatives over there that can send me IV if i request. The question is do we stand a chance, is my salary good enough, will I need my husband's company bank statement? or is there a better way out? Please help

As a silent follower you should know you don't need bank statement and apart from your job I don't see any other ties... but if your husband is twice of your salary that's an added advantage.
I wish you good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Rep01:

Ahhhh Ahhhh why are you talking like diz, I join dis forum simply bcoz I want 2 have more knowledge about how to travel down to USA, but I was so embarrassed with your respond towards my move @ otunOba15.. pls note dis, this forum is to educate one another not to embarrass each other.. if I may ask, can u plz tell me d illegal aspect of it.@otunba ? I need better respond from better and reasonable nairalander... THANKS
funny you can't see the bigger picture... Why are you asking us when you can simply write the U.S embassy or google it.. well I think the reason why you can't write them or speak to them is because you know what you want to do is illegal so as usual you want us to help you find a way around it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Freeman59:
Hello peeps. I have been following this thread for a while. I will like to apply for a visa next year January. I am single, earn around 140k per month. I work in a bank.

You guys think I can make it? I just want to travel and have some fun, also see my best friend who I haven't seen in years.

Cc: justwise
try UAE,East Africa, Europe,Turkey,South East Asia... Leave U.S for now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
seyewest:

try UAE,East Africa, Europe,Turkey,South East Asia... Leave U.S for now.

You want him to leave his 140k Job to UAE, East Africa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
domcreative:

You want him to leave his 140k Job to UAE, East Africa?
but he said it's for holiday... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
seyewest:

but he said it's for holiday... grin

Oh, i didn't see that, he can try Turkey or Dubai
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
1. B1/B2 is the same

2. I guess you should have a traveling plan. Make sure you know more about your hotel reservation....you can make your bookings without payment.

3. Who is paying for the trip? You

Get to know more details about the conference.

Regards

domcreative:
@LadyGuinivere , LegitBachelor, OmoBendel24 and other guru.

Please help me answer, currently filling DS-160.

Purpose of Trip to the U.S. 
I selected, TEMP. BUSINESS PLEASURE VISITOR (B)

Underneath.
Specify
TEMPORARY BUSINESS & TOURISM ( TEMPORARY VISITOR ) ( B1/B2 )
or
BUSINESS / CONFERENCE (B1)

Please i'm attending a conference, I'm confused because on CGI i selected B1/B2 ( I don't know what to fill in DS-160 )

Also on the question.
Have you made specific travel plans?
Is this flight ticket or hotel reservation? Conference is in February, I plan staying in a hotel and haven't made any reservation since it's still months away. What do i click, Yes or no? My interview is January.

Also, Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip.
I will be attending a youth conference, in the name of my NGO ( I have other business ) but it's the NGO that is relevant to the conference i will be attending.

Do i fill the name of the NGO as organization that will be sponsoring my trip or i fill Self ( Since i own the NGO ) and other business ( registered ) that are my home tie.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Prettylarmo026:

Hello everyone. I just checked the status now and it says Administrative processing. What does that mean? My son is just 2years old.

Happy sunday guys

So my son's status changed to Issued since last Thursday. I didn't receive any mail for pickup. However, whenever i track his passport, i get an automated message "status unavailable" . Is it possible his passport is ready? Is it advisable to go to dhl without receiving pick up mail?? Pls advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
You will make it IJN

Try other countries for your holidays.

Freeman59:
Hello peeps. I have been following this thread for a while. I will like to apply for a visa next year January. I am single, earn around 140k per month. I work in a bank.

You guys think I can make it? I just want to travel and have some fun, also see my best friend who I haven't seen in years.

Cc: justwise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Yes ma! Check tomorrow

Prettylarmo026:

Happy sunday guys

So my son's status changed to Issued since last Thursday. I didn't receive any mail for pickup. However, whenever i track his passport, i get an automated message "status unavailable" . Is it possible his passport is ready? Is it advisable to go to dhl without receiving pick up mail?? Pls advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by crownofwealth12: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
[/color][color=#990000]Hello,im a silent reader here,went for my interview of 8th of dis month 7:00am with my hubby but was denied..i have been wondering what went wrong
This is d transcript
Vo:Good morning
HUBBY AND I:Good morning sir
We passed our passport
Vo:why are u going to the US
Us:vacation and honeymoon
VO:where are u going in the US
Me:Orlando In Florida

Vo:Are u married
Hubby And i: yes we are
Vo:congratulations
Vo:Date
Hubby and I answered together
VO:how long are u staying
Hubby:14days
Me:2weeks
Vo:have u travelled before
Hubby:yes..to United Arab Emirate Dubai
Vo to hubby:What do u do?
HUBBY;im into real estate and property management
Then the VO focused on Me
Vo:what do u do?
Me:im a textile merchant
Vo:where do u import from?
Me:I buy from Lagos here Idumota
Vo:how many staffs do you have:?
Me:i answered 1..sales rep
Vo:thanks for showing interest in visiting Us..u arent eligible u may apply next time
People on d queue were suprised cos d vo hasnt given anyone visa dat day...

We just walked out silently
Wen i got home i cried because we didnt lie and the confidence was there..

Please Advise...what can we do to amend dis and how soon can we reapply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hello, I think the VO did not see madam job as a good tie. One sale rep!!!

crownofwealth12:
[/color][color=#990000]Hello,im a silent reader here,went for my interview of 8th of dis month 7:00am with my hubby but was denied..i have been wondering what went wrong
This is d transcript
We passed our passport

Vo:thanks for showing interest in visiting Us..u arent eligible u may apply next time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
seyewest:

As a silent follower you should know you don't need bank statement and apart from your job I don't see any other ties... but if your husband is twice of your salary that's an added advantage.
I wish you good luck.
Thank u for your response. Talking about ties. I didn't mention that I have a fashion and designing business that I inherited from my mum. I have been running it since 2009. I engaged the services of a manager and they remit an average monthly income of 180k. Adding it to my salary of 300k will give about 480k monthly income. Do I need to state this in my form?. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by crownofwealth12: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Thanks d
kristinbaby:
Hello, I think the VO did not see madam job as a good tie. One sale rep!!!

dear...please what can we do to adjust d tie cos we planned to reapply next year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
The countries below don't have embassy in nigeria , how do I get to Bahama ?

There are 98 embassies abroad and 11 consulates being maintained by Nigeria in accordance with diplomatic requirements.

The Nigerian capital, Abuja however hosts 103 embassies, 63 consulates and 11 other representations.

There are still many countries that don’t have their embassies in Nigeria.

Here is an A-Z list of countries.
1.Afghanistan
2.Azerbaijan
3.Armenia
4.Albania
5.Andorra
6. Bulgana
7.Bahama
8.Belarus
9.Burma
10. Bhutan
11.Bolivia
12. Belize
13.Barbados
14.Bahrain
15.Cambodia
16.Cape Verde
17.Chile
18.Colombia
19.Comoros
20.Croatia
21. Curaco
22.Cyprus
23.czechia
24.Denmark
25. Dominican
26.East Timor
27.Ecuador
28. El Salvador
28.Eritrea
29.Estonia
30.Fiji
31.Finland
32.Georgia
33.Grenada
34.Guatemala
35.Guinea-Bissau
36.Guyana
37.Haiti
38. Holysee
39. Horunduks
40. Iceland
41. Kazakhstan
42. Kiribati
43. Kosovo
44.Kyrgyzstan
45.Laos
46. Latvia
47.Lesotho
48.Liechtenstein
49.Lithuania
50.Luxembourg
51.Macau
52.Macedonia
53.Madagascar
54.Malawi
55.Maldives
56.Malta
57.Marshall Islands
58. Mauritius
59.Micronesia
60.Moldova
61.Monaco
62.Mongolia
63. Montenegro
64.New Zealand
65. Nicaragua
66.Norway
67.Nauru
68. Nepal
69.Oman
70.Palau
71. Palestinian territories
72.Paraguay
73.Panama
74. Papua new guinea
75.Peru
76.Rwanda
77. Sri lanka
78.Samoa
79.Suriname
80.Swaziland
81.Somalia
82.Seychelles
83.Serbia
84. Saint marten
85. Slovakia
86.Saint Lucia
87. San merino
88. Solomon Islands
89.Taiwan
90.Tajikistan
91.Timor-Lestea
92.Tonga
93.Tunisia
94. Turkemenista
95.Tuvalu
96. Timon
97.Uruguay
98.Uzbekistan
99. Vautau

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
Greetings to every body in the house.
My brother graduated in 2015 and got a job with maritine society of nigeria in the same 2015. His current salary is 450k . Now, he want to go for a maritine training in the states .
MY questn is this ; what are his chances of getting the visa, considering the fact that his only tie is his job and he is still single. HE is in his earlly 20's too .
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
He has no chance of getting the US Visa.
concho:
Greetings to every body in the house.
My brother graduated in 2015 and got a job with maritine society of nigeria in the same 2015. His current salary is 450k . Now, he want to go for a maritine training in the states .
MY questn is this ; what are his chances of getting the visa, considering the fact that his only tie is his job and he is still single. HE is in his earlly 20's too .
thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
"THANKS FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN VISITING THE US..."
I would advice you not to reapply for sometime.
crownofwealth12:
This is d transcript
We passed our passport

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
boss,
thanks for the response . We will be glad if you can tell us the reasons behind your verdict sir?.
NB, this is not a protest against your opinion please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
@KaptainAfrika. I disagree with you. Why did you say he has no chance in getting the US visa. I think you did not evaluate his chances. Back to the poster. I think your brother have a good job and earning good salary, this is good as part of requirement for the visa. He is single, in his twenties (I see a young promising man with great future). The only tie is his job. He would get the visa if he can defend himself very well during the interview. He should be ready to defend is job duties, what the training is all about, what benefit the training will add to his career. Is it his company that want to sponsor the training? Best of luck.

KaptainAfrika:

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
To be honest, no one actually knows his chances (was spoofing with my response) but lets look at his profile

1. He is working, for how long?
2. He earns 450,000...that's good
3. Maritime training in the US...that will be a study visa, like F1...please check the student visa thread.
4. He is single.
5. His travel history, where has he travelled to? (not required though, "virgin" passport owners have gotten visas)
6. Who will be sponsoring the training?

concho:
boss,
thanks for the response . We will be glad if you can tell us the reasons behind your verdict sir?.
NB, this is not a protest against your opinion please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
To be honest, no one actually knows his chances (was spoofing with my response) but lets look at his profile

3. Maritime training in the US...that will be a study visa, like F1...please check the student visa thread.
4. He is single.
5. His travel history, where has he travelled to? (not required though, "virgin" passport owners have gotten visas)

1. working for 2 yrs and some months .
3. last people that went for the training used b1b2.
4. single
5. has only traveled to our village *SMILES*
6. maritime society of Nigeria
I await your reply sir , while i cool off with these bottles of orijin.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rep01: 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I think it will save you a lot of heartache and headache, by going through immigrant route. The VO's are on here, and are daily sieving for people like you. What story are you going to tell them, that they have not heard? Also do the right thing. By the way, there is a forum for US Visa immigrant category.

Thank u Kaptainafrika, I will try and check/join a forum that discuss more about US VISA IMMIGRANT.... I will never travel down to other countries illegally, I mean NEVER... to my little understanding immigrant visa is not illegal but scared about all dis called "AGENT" ...

Thanks....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hello, I think one of you need to stay back as tie. Try to boost your travel history with your wife before you reapply. You can reapply alone for conference relating to your job, go for the conference. After you are back from the conference, reapply with your wife for vacation. Best of luck.

crownofwealth12:
Thanks ddear...please what can we do to adjust d tie cos we planned to reapply next year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rep01: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
seyewest:

You're part of the reason why it's increasingly difficult for genuine visa applicant to get U.S visa.... No one will help you here.

HOW SIR?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

4. He is single.

I disagree @the bolded
Do you know how long the training will last it the nature ?
My colleagues have gone to America on a training that lasted for weeks, days etc in a B1B2 Visa, sponsored by my Office. Infact I have lost count of the number of beneficiaries, but well above hundred and at different periods. Purpose of visit clearly disclosed to the VOs and so far, nobody has ever been denied (both singles and married) All went and are back successfully, many more are prepadvise to go next.

Wetin carry F visa come here , let's try and advice based on what we know not what we assume please.

I will advise concho to read all parts of this thread very well and fill the form correctly pleaee
Only God knows your chances

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
Mbamto:

I disagree @the bolded
Do you know how long the training will last it the nature ?
My colleagues have gone to America on a training that lasted for weeks, days etc in a B1B2 Visa, sponsored by my Office. Infact I have lost count of the number of beneficiaries, but well above hundred and at different periods. Purpose of visit clearly disclosed to the VOs and so far, nobody has ever been denied (both singles and married) All went and are back successfully, many more are prepadvise to go next.

Wetin carry F visa come here , let's try and advice based on what we know not what we assume please.

I will advise concho to read all parts of this thread very well and fill the form correctly pleaee
Only God knows your chances

You can do study on a B1/2 visa. Study or training isn't towards a degree and if I recall well its a certain number of weeks/ months permitted.
F1 visas are for a different time of study
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Galantsantana:

Travelled to Kenya wit my family 3yrs ago. Will be doing same too in a couple of wks to anoda African country wit dem. I intends applying for d USA visa alone. I am attending d conference alone.

Your profile is okay, you can apply for the conference and if the vo ask if you have traveled before you tell him the countries you have traveled to with your family. All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.