Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176867 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If this is the case, you guys can still reapply. I think the visa category thats relevant to you, includes the organisers applying for visa's on your behalf, then you attend the interview. Its like the one they do for musicians, coming to do tours in the US.

That's a P visa! Are they artist performing for money?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Who is worry359 ? lol

Na you? Well, na one guy wey no dey take prisoners at all, him own na to finish offender plus non-offenders sef cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
They may not be performing for money, but such competitions involve cash prizes...like I said I am not sure. cool
OmoBendel24:

That's a P visa! Are they artist performing for money?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
Lols he must have been a legendary TRAILER JAMMER...LOLS
OmoBendel24:

Na you? Well, na one guy wey no dey take prisoners at all, him own na to finish offender plus non-offenders sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
oludharey:
@Rachie83,pls post your transcript let us learn thanks.
I already posted it in part 2 of this forum.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
Yesbody:

I think you are rite on your view, I planned to carry the baby but she refused, the vo on window 5 was actually watching our drama from the mirror set at the corner
When it was our turn to move to window 9, the vo at window 5 hurriedly discharged the guy he was attending to and forced us to move to his window
The security lady was like " but Y, they are expected to move to window 9 thru her body language"
My wife was actually struggling with our baby while I was holding the 3 passport and some other document
The vo intensionally denied us bcus of my action.
That's the more reason why you need to reapply and be the one to carry your girl.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
OtunOba15:
@bolded

Do your team have any plans to come back to Nigeria?

lol! And you're expecting a truthful response to that question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by donpaulo44(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
I really wish I'm in the shoes of all these people giving testimonies of a successful interview. I don't even have an international passport talk more of applying lol but I know I'll be in the US one day by God's grace.

God will do it for me and I'll still come back to this forum and testify.

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nikkygold4life:
Hello people I need your advice. My family is planning to visit the US this December but we have not filled the form let alone get appointment for interview. Here are my questions:
1.Do you think it's possible for us to make the traveling this December?
2. Is it advisable for one to apply for visa on newly issued passport (got them on Tuesday) or do I need to wait a while like for some months?
Thanks for your kind response.

Pls help me with these questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Danielakonic: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nikkygold4life:

Pls help me with these questions.

You will get the answer to your question when you try to schedule an appointment. There you will see the available dates.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

2. To my knowledge, your new passport is like a new mobile phone immediately ready for use.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adebaj01: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=Nikkygold4life post=62227837]

1. you cant get appointment date for this year again.
2. You can use ur passport anytime not minding the time u did it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
LegitBachelor:
Please look into this and give your comments on my chances of getting US visit visa. I know you guys are not the VO that will interview me on the D-day. I just need comments especially on my weak points which I bolded.

I was denied visa last year. Reason being that I don't have have sufficient ties. Then I was single, no kid, work with a govt agency for 4 years, earn over a hundred thousand naira, and no travel history.

Now I seek to apply again. What's changed? The following have changed:

Work History: I still work with the govt agency (5 years) but now also work with an international organisation and I earn over a million naira.

Travel History: I have travelled to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China and India. I also have 1 year valid schengen visa.

I am still single and have no kid. I also remembered I had applied unsuccessfully in US Diversity Lottery Visa several times.

In my previous visa application, I wanted to visit a family friend whom I used as my contact person. But now I intend going on my own on a vacation. Will be staying in a hotel and will probably not visit him. Didn't use him as my contact person in this new application (he's not even aware of my re-application).

So what are my chances?

I've gone for my visa interview. Went with the following documents: 1. My GTB Receipt 2. My Appointment Slip 3. My Confirmation Slip 4. My International Passport 5. My Passport Photo and 6. Documents showing ties to Nigeria smiley

The documents I presumed will provide evidence of my ties include my bank statements, my appointment letter with my workplace and my appointment with an international organisation. Also I attached my hotel booking confirmation. All these I out in a separate file and tagged them evidence of ties to Nigeria grin

When I got to the venue I only went in with the documents I listed. To make things easy for me and the embassy security guys I left my belt and my money in the car. My appointment was for 6:45am.

All the VOs at the windows this morning were causcasians.......I think. There were lots of refusals. I also noticed the interviews lasted a bit longer than I expected. Its quite sad that one will be engaged on a lengthy interview and yet be denied sad

I can't remember my window but the lady in front of me was granted visa. Then I was called in:

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning
VO: Can I have your passport please
Me: *Gives him*
VO: So why do you want to go to the United States?
Me: Intend going to Dallas, Texas on vacation (didn't give details). Might also check on Mr G. who's a family friend (he then started typing)
VO: Oh ok, your family friend is based in the States?
Me: Yes he is
VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes. I've been to Denmark, Germany, Holland, China, and India
VO: When did you travel to the Schengen States?
Me: I travelled on dates A, for Denmark, dates B & C for Germany and D for Holland
VO: All in 2017?
Me: Yes
VO: So you travelled twice to Germany this year? (Now facing me)
Me: Yes, I travelled on dates B and C
VO: So where did you travel to in Germany and what did you go to do in Germany?
Me: *This was my strong point as it enabled me explain the work I do for the international organisation which was what took me to Germany. He delved into testing my knowedge on certain areas to know if I was really telling the truth but I was vibrating since its a field I'm good in and passionate about. He asked over 5 questions here smiley. And he kept typing as I talked*
VO: (He then switched from my inernational job to my government job) So what do you guys do at your primary place of work?
Me: We regulate bla bla bla and my department where I work is particularly tasked with bla bla bla
VO: Mention the names of your fellow colleagues at your workplace who go with you to Germany for the assignment with the IInternational organisation.
Me: Mr U, J and I
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: How many times have you travelled.
Me: *Haba I thought I had told you grin* 6 times to 5 countries
VO: I will be approving you visa. (He then picked up the white form and pointed at the address there). You will be contacted to pick your passport at this address. (He then handed over the white form to me)
Me: Thank you

I then made to go but I realise my passport wasn't with me. I wanted to go back and ask him for it cause it seemed strange to be going home without it grin...the last time I went, I got my passport back immediately after the interview. But I then realised that the reason why I wasn't given back my passport is because my visa will be embossed on my passport so they took it to emboss the visa.

As I walked out of the building, I made sure I put a serious face so nobody will ask me how it went but surprisingly a female mopol called me out and asked me with some measure of certainty if I got the visa. I said yes but I had no money on me. Also as I was about leaving the final checkpoint another mopol asked me for money. Now my question is this: How did they know that I had gotten the visa? I'm guessing the guys inside the building gave the guys outside some form of signal grin.

No document was requested just my passport. Not even my statement of result or appointment letters. I'm so grateful to everyone here. I am so grateful to Kristinbaby who gave me confidence and provided very useful advice. Most of all I'm most grateful to God.

Please I have a question......when will my passport be most likely ready for pickup. I'm travelling next week week Saturday to a schengen state. Hope it will be ready by then o.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
LegitBachelor:

I've gone for my visa interview. Went with the following documents: 1. My GTB Receipt 2. My Appointment Slip 3. My Confirmation Slip 4. My International Passport 5. My Passport Photo and 6. Documents showing ties to Nigeria smiley

The documents I presumed will provide evidence of my ties include my bank statements, my appointment letter with my workplace and my appointment with an international organisation. Also I attached my hotel booking confirmation. All these I out in a separate file and tagged them evidence of ties to Nigeria grin

When I got to the venue I only went in with the documents I listed. To make things easy for me and the embassy security guys I left my belt and my money in the car. My appointment was for 6:45am.

All the VOs at the windows this morning were causcasians.......I think. There were lots of refusals. I also noticed the interviews lasted a bit longer than I expected. Its quite sad that one will be engaged on a lengthy interview and yet be denied sad

I can't remember my window but the lady in front of me was granted visa. Then I was called in:

Me: Intend going to Dallas, Texas on vacation (didn't give details). Might also check on Mr G. who's a family friend (he then started typing)
Me: I travelled on dates A, for Denmark, dates B & C for Germany and D for Holland
Me: *This was my strong point as it enabled me explain the work I do for the international organisation which was what took me to Germany. He delved into testing my knowedge on certain areas to know if I was really telling the truth but I was vibrating since its a field I'm good in and passionate about. He asked over 5 questions here smiley. And he kept typing as I talked*
VO: (He then switched from my inernational job to my government job) So what do you guys do at your primary place of work?
Me: We regulate bla bla bla and my department where I work is particularly tasked with bla bla bla
VO: Mention the names of your fellow colleagues at your workplace who go with you to Germany for the assignment with the IInternational organisation.
VO: I will be approving you visa. (He then picked up the white form and pointed at the address there). You will be contacted to pick your passport at this address. (He then handed over the white form to me)

I then made to go but I realise my passport wasn't with me. I wanted to go back and ask him for it cause it seemed strange to be going home without it grin...the last time I went, I got my passport back immediately after the interview. But I then realised that the reason why I wasn't given back my passport is because my visa will be embossed on my passport so they took it to emboss the visa.

As I walked out of the building, I made sure I put a serious face so nobody will ask me how it went but surprisingly a female mopol called me out and asked me with some measure of certainty if I got the visa. I said yes but I had no money on me. Also as I was about leaving the final checkpoint another mopol asked me for money. Now my question is this: How did they know that I had gotten the visa? I'm guessing the guys inside the building gave the guys outside some form of signal grin.

No document was requested just my passport. Not even my statement of result or appointment letters. I'm so grateful to everyone here. I am so grateful to Kristinbaby who gave me confidence and provided very useful advice. Most of all I'm most grateful to God.

Please I have a question......when will my passport be most likely ready for pickup. I'm travelling next week week Saturday to a schengen state. Hope it will be ready by then o.

See as you just dey happy. Contrasts

Your visa will be issued tomorrow but you will get it by Tuesday.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
From the teams response and reaction after the denial i feel they have the intention to immigrate...

Beautyaddy:

lol! And you're expecting a truthful response to that question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
Wow what a transcript!!!. Congratulations. Kristinbaby always at your service. Your passport will be ready in three working days. You should get the passport before next week Saturday. They will text you or mail you. You can also track it on their website. Enjoy your trip.

LegitBachelor:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Josh121(m): 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good evening House ,
I and my wife applied for US visa but was denied but now I want to reapply , I have a company that was running before we applied in 2015 but i didnt include it in my employment list , Can I add it now with my old job , my wife just put to birth and we want to apply as family with baby . Can I add my company as a second job ? Note my wife is also a director in the company
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello LegitBachelor -

Visas are usually printed and available for pickup within 3 business days. Friday this week is a US holiday so the Embassy and Consulate will be closed. May I ask, was your interview in Abuja or Lagos?

LagosNIV

LegitBachelor:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rep01: 12:15am On Nov 10, 2017
DereI:

First, know the EXACT and GENUINE reason you want to travel to the USA. This will determine the visa category you will apply for.

Next, go to GTB and pay for the category of Visa you wish to apply for, i.e; Its N64,000 for Business & Tourist Visa (B) category.

Fill in your DS- form with accurate and truthful information, copy the application number and schedule an appointment with the same application number and input your receipt number.

Arrange all the necessary documents. Await your interview date and pray

You are such a wonderful nairalander, thanks for your response, I will keep in touch with you guys...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:23am On Nov 10, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Its been long i saw that guy in major threads. but he makes sense sometimes sha grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:33am On Nov 10, 2017
LegitBachelor:

Congrats . @bolded part, am still wondering how they do find out. i guess its an inside job. cos when i went for mine, we were 5 guys (they were all denied) that came out together i wasn't even holding my white paper. but they singled me out .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Danielakonic: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2017
domcreative:
Hello all, Is it possible for one to book an appointment before filling out the DS-160 form, i asked because i can see on this thread that appointment has gotten to Jan. The event i want to attend is February and i just started reading this thread from part1. I don't want to hurriedly fill out the DS160 since part of their decision is based on what is submitted to them, so i want to know if i can book an appointment while i take my time to fill out the form after getting required information.

Also, is it possible to pay the visa fee online or have someone pay on your behalf?

Yes!
Just fill the first 2 pages of the DS160 for you to have the Number, so you can go ahead and use the number to book appointment. Thats what i did anyways.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2017
Danielakonic:

Yes!
Just fill the first 2 pages of the DS160 for you to have the Number, so you can go ahead and use the number to book appointment. Thats what i did anyways.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2017
Hello DoNotBeAfraid -

Was your interview in Lagos or Abuja?

LagosNIV

DoNotBeAfraid:
Congrats . @bolded part, am still wondering how they do find out. i guess its an inside job. cos when i went for mine, we were 5 guys (they were all denied) that came out together i wasn't even holding my white paper. but they singled me out .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2017
DoNotBeAfraid:
Congrats . @bolded part, am still wondering how they do find out. i guess its an inside job. cos when i went for mine, we were 5 guys my(they were all denied) that came out together i wasn't even holding my white paper. but they singled me out .

Once I stepped out of the building the security guys outside upon seeing my White paper starting asking for "do us well" "make we celebrate with you" "drop something for us"

I ignored them all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by experttaiw: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Hello all,

Please I want to apply for family visit visa is a tourist I have filled my ds160 and indicate my wife and two kids will be traveling with me.

But on the appointment page I was asked to fill ds160 number of my accompany like my wife and kid does that mean I need to fill form ds160 for every one of us.

Thanks and hope to hear back God bless you all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2017
Danielakonic:

You will get the answer to your question when you try to schedule an appointment. There you will see the available dates.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

2. To my knowledge, your new passport is like a new mobile phone immediately ready for use.
Thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 11:20am On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=adebaj01 post=62229590][/quote]
God bless you, now I understand
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by experttaiw: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2017
Tarry:
Had interview this morning with my wife, VO was a pleasant young White guy. Below is the transcript

Vo: smile, hello guys
Wife and me: smile, good morning
Vo: how are you today
Wife and me: fine thank you
Me: how are you too
Vo: fine
Vo: why are you going to the US
Me: we are going on vacation to visit my brother's family and the US because this will be our first visit to the US
Vo: (smile) oh okay
Vo: have you travel outside Nigeria before
Wife and me: yes
Me: we have gone on vacation to the UK twice and Turkey once and before our marriage I have visited the Uk several times and Dubai once
Vo: what do you do
Me: CEO of bla bla bla
Vo: what do your company do
Me: information technology solutions
Vo: oh you are into ICT
Me: yes
Vo: how many staff do you have
Me: bla bla
Vo: what do you do madam
Wife: work with Lagos state government
Vo: what grade level
Wife: bla bla
Do you have any kid
Wife and me: none yet
Vo: your visas have been approved, pick them up bla bla bla

The vo was pleasant and friendly, the whole session was not more than a minute, he did not ask for any document, not even our old passports that contain all the travel history but the new passports contained new five years UK visa that we have not used

Congrats please did you fill another Ds160 form for your wife?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by experttaiw: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2017
steel101:
Greetings to the house. I must confess that you guys are doing a great job here. This forum really helped with information that placed me on a good pedestal towards getting me and my family's B1B2 visa approved.
The interview took place in Lagos, 3rd October, 2017 to be precise. Sorry for sharing this experience a little bit late. I however feel it will surely boost somebody's morale. Below is my transcript.

Me and my wife: Good morning.
VO: Can I have your passports?
Me: Yes( I gave him our passports)
VO: Why do want to travel to USA?
Me: Basically for tourism
VO: Where are you visiting?
Me: Florida
VO: How long are you staying?
Me: 2 weeks
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work with bla bla bla
VO: What do you do when you resume duty?
Me: On resumption, I carry out checks on the plant to see if there are any deviations that could result in low production (in the process of explaining my duties I mentioned an acronym used in my field)
VO: What is Bleep? ( the acronym I mentioned)
Me: Bleep means bla bla bla ( he types on his computer)
VO: What do you do? (he asked my wife)
My wife: I am a bla bla bla.
VO: How many children do you have?
My wife: 2 children( the children where there with us)
VO: Do you have any other one?
My wife: No
VO: Where have you travelled to?
My wife: I have travelled to Dubai, Ghana and South Africa.
Me: In addition, I have been to South Korea.
VO: What did you go there for?
Me: That was when my Company was carrying out a project for upgrade.
VO: Is the visa on the new passport?
Me: No, on the old one (he checks the visa and types on his computer)
VO: I will be granting you visas.(he brought a white paper and circled an address). You will receive a message informing you of passport pick up. You will get it at this pick up point.
Me: Thank you.

A point to note is that you should fill your form yourself and try as much as possible not to patronise agents. They can frustrate your life. An agent wanted me to give him 1.5m for visa application for a family of 4 excluding the visa fee which I will still pay for. I said within myself that it will be better for me to apply myself and lose the 256k than to give him the 1.5m. This I did and fortunately for me, we were granted.

Congrats please did you fill a separate ds160 form for your kids and wife?

As I was asked for ds160 number of spouse during interview scheduling booking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2017
experttaiw:
Hello all,

Please I want to apply for family visit visa is a tourist I have filled my ds160 and indicate my wife and two kids will be traveling with me.

But on the appointment page I was asked to fill ds160 number of my accompany like my wife and kid does that mean I need to fill form ds160 for every one of us.

Thanks and hope to hear back God bless you all

Yes, you have to fill for each and every one of you, including newborn babies....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.