Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,923 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176517 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Josh121(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2017
Josh121:
Good evening House ,
I and my wife applied for US visa but was denied but now I want to reapply , I have a company that was running before we applied in 2015 but i didnt include it in my employment list , Can I add it now with my old job , my wife just put to birth and we want to apply as family with baby . Can I add my company as a second job ? Note my wife is also a director in the company

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
DoNotBeAfraid:
Congrats . @bolded part, am still wondering how they do find out. i guess its an inside job. cos when i went for mine, we were 5 guys (they were all denied) that came out together i wasn't even holding my white paper. but they singled me out .

I will suggest you rethink that "white paper" part through again oh! I remember the days they used to give the small tiny slip, that was how the peeps around that environment found me out in the midst of all my face squeezing and pretence of a fallen face.... One IBO guy asked me "is it because you don't want to water ground for us that you are doing face like this"? I ignored and was still feigning not understanding, then the Yoruba guy that kept my stuff for me brought them to me and pointed at the slip, touched it saying " oga mi, wet ground, congratulations"! That was how I gave the game up....

Those security at the exit area of the consulate where even the first to "obtain me", I felt those once saw it all happen, so I "shake-body" for them. But alas, it was all about that slip I unwittingly exposed to everyone's seeing!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=Josh121 post=62246981][/quote]

Yes, mostly with your mouth at the interview. You can add the income to the one from your job in the appropriate session when filling the form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by experttaiw: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yes, you have to fill for each and every one of you, including newborn babies....

Oh I see though I just need to add them as dependant and use my own ds160 Number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
@all, Is it possible one who operates a GTBank pay the Visa fee online or have someone pay on my behalf?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
domcreative:
@all, Is it possible one who operates a GTBank pay the Visa fee online or have someone pay on my behalf?

Yes...its possible to do online payment using your own GT bank online...bla bla bla.. Idk abt someone paying on ur behalf.. Using their own online ac- as per 3rd party payment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
karli4nia:

Yes...its possible to do online payment using your own GT bank online...bla bla bla.. Idk abt someone paying on ur behalf.. Using their own online ac- as per 3rd party payment

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
domcreative:

Thank you. Will i be making appointment before payment or after, i see on the site "First Available Appointment Is Wednesday January 17, 2018" Is it possible i can get appointment date before this date?

Appointment I think must be after payment.. Once it shows first available appointment- it means that's the earliest one can get...
Are u in such a hurry...like seeking medicals or St.. Well that's the much I know..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
karli4nia:

Appointment I think must be after payment.. Once it shows first available appointment- it means that's the earliest one can get...
Are u in such a hurry...like seeking medicals or St.. Well that's the much I know..

No, just the event i'm attending, but i already made appointment few hours ago. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
domcreative:

No, just the event i'm attending, but i already made appointment few hours ago. Thanks

Yeah...Hope u have taken ur time to flip the pages of this thread from page 1.. Its got a plethora of useful information that can adequately prepare you for your coming interview etc..
Props to LadyG!
Good luck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
good evening all, pls how do i see appointment dates around March or April next year to book for because the next available date am seeing is January or will i have to wait till next year before i can book towards March or April
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
karli4nia:

Yeah...Hope u have taken ur time to flip the pages of this thread from page 1.. Its got a plethora of useful information that can adequately prepare you for your coming interview etc..
Props to LadyG!
Good luck!

Sure, i'm starting from part1. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DereI(f): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
Rep01:

You are such a wonderful nairalander, thanks for your response, I will keep in touch with you guys...

Wish you the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bejust(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
Good Evening, Please I seek clarification as regards my mum's usa visa Dropbox application. Her 2 years visa expired two months ago(she travelled to the US once and stayed for a month), so she applied for dropbox.... I went to the pickup location only to be told to schedule an appointment for her, a note was attached to her passport on it written : 'needs FP unable to reuse FP'. The previous visa was issued in Abuja, so the Dropbox application was sent to Abuja embassy as well. I want to know if I can schedule the appointment at Lagos embassy and if she's gonna have a fresh visa interview or its just Finger Print she'll be required to do. My mum's in her late 60s I'm gonna have to go with her, but going to Abuja is not feasible for me. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
bejust:
Good Evening, Please I seek clarification as regards my mum's usa visa Dropbox application. Her 2 years visa expired two months ago(she travelled to the US once and stayed for a month), so she applied for dropbox.... I went to the pickup location only to be told to schedule an appointment for her, a note was attached to her passport on it written : 'needs FP unable to reuse FP'. The previous visa was issued in Abuja, so the Dropbox application was sent to Abuja embassy as well. I want to know if I can schedule the appointment at Lagos embassy and if she's gonna have a fresh visa interview or its just Finger Print she'll be required to do. My mum's in her late 60s I'm gonna have to go with her, but going to Abuja is not feasible for me. Thanks

You can schedule lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
I was rejected yesterday at the US embassy uganda kampala,i know and knew immediately that i was going to be denied...i stammered at the beginning of the interview because i was so scared but after stabilized and answered the following questions well...am 23 and VO was a white lady about 28-30,she had a solemn look,not smiling or angry....

VO:why are you going to the US?
Me:am being invited by mr....mr.....mr*****
VO:how is he affiliated to your foundation?
Me:he's a member
VO:what do you do?
Me:managing director at*** and also working as national coordinator for ***foundation
Vo:how much do you earn?
Me:2.7m
Vo:have you ever been out of uganda?
Me:yes to kenya and rwanda(no stamps)
Vo:how much do you earn from ***foundation?
Me:2.1m
Vo:are you married sir?
Me:yes
Vo:do you have kids?
Me:no
Vo:typing.......am sorry blablabla...214b and passport.
Should i reapply perhaps my first mistake was what went wrong or there was more to everything like my passport having student as occupation,in my ds160 i stated that i was the business manager of *** company but in my interview i said i was the managing director?....my inviter was a white guy working for a church....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
phylisUG:
I was rejected yesterday at the US embassy uganda kampala,i know and knew immediately that i was going to be denied...i stammered at the beginning of the interview because i was so scared but after stabilized and answered the following questions well...am 23 and VO was a white lady about 28-30,she had a solemn look,not smiling or angry....

VO:why are you going to the US?
Me:am being invited by mr....mr.....mr*****
VO:how is he affiliated to your foundation?
Me:he's a member
VO:what do you do?
Me:managing director at*** and also working as national coordinator for ***foundation
Vo:how much do you earn?
Me:2.7m
Vo:have you ever been out of uganda?
Me:yes to kenya and rwanda(no stamps)
Vo:how much do you earn from ***foundation?
Me:2.1m
Vo:are you married sir?
Me:yes
Vo:do you have kids?
Me:no
Vo:typing.......am sorry blablabla...214b and passport.
Should i reapply perhaps my first mistake was what went wrong or there was more to everything like my passport having student as occupation,in my ds160 i stated that i was the business manager of *** company but in my interview i said i was the managing director?....my inviter was a white guy working for a church....

Jeez! Uganda all the way! And u found Nairaland... Why not try gandiland for answers to ur questions.. Just kidding!

Well, its a pity u were denied visa. But yes, you cld reapply but ensure u do your homework pretty well.. I wld recommended u flip the pages on this thread from page 1..ur likely to learn a lot that can help beef up your confidence and prepare you soundly for ur next interview.
Plus stay tuned for responses to ur question from more qualified posters..Good luck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
karli4nia:

Jeez! Uganda all the way! And u found Nairaland... Why not try gandiland for answers to ur questions.. Just kidding!

Well, its a pity u were denied visa. But yes, you cld reapply but ensure u do your homework pretty well.. I wld recommended u flip the pages on this thread from page 1..ur likely to learn a lot that can help beef up your confidence and prepare you soundly for ur next interview.
Plus stay tuned for responses to ur question from more qualified posters..Good luck!
Thanks! I don't think i need to flip through cuz i have been following this website for about 2yrs now....i still have chance because i was to leave on 20th if i got the visa so i got this all month to sort my self out....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dollarpee49: 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
good evening all, pls how do i see appointment dates around March or April next year to book for because the next available date am seeing is January or will i have to wait till next year before i can book towards March or April?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
experttaiw:

Congrats please did you fill another Ds160 form for your wife?

yes, you fill separate Ds 160 form for every one that is accompanying you but you add them to your scheduled interview

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2017
seyewest:

Travel out with your family first then when you return you can start thinking about conference and also I will advise you to cool it down to middle of next year because to me you decided to travel with your family because U.S rejected you and you're also desperate to re-apply asap.
Don't appear desperate.
I hav been havin my vacations outside d shore of naija every yr for the past 5 yrs naw. This wud nt b my first trip wit my family. D conference in question comes up once in a yr .I am highly interested in it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TTPEACE: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Please I want to help a friend to retrieve his DS 160 form but he can not remember his security question and answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2017
TTPEACE:
Please I want to help a friend to retrieve his DS 160 form but he can not remember his security question and answer.

Then just forget about retrieving it if those details are not available, forget it....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Galantsantana:

I hav been havin my vacations outside d shore of naija every yr for the past 5 yrs naw. This wud nt b my first trip wit my family. D conference in question comes up once in a yr .I am highly interested in it

if it is conference, then it is okay to apply alone, but which countries have you gone on vacation with your family before and have you traveled for conference alone before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by karli4nia(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
domcreative:
Gurus in the house, please, presently filling out DS-160,
passport / document type i filled Regular
I entered my passport Number
But confused about Passport Book Number

Also to the question, have you lost or have passport stolen, i haven't lost but only renewed my expired one, i guess i will click no.

Urgent answer please.

Sure, pick NO if u haven't lost or had a passport stolen before..
As for the passport book no...In the case of someone i know, he ignored it..So i guess it aint important once u already have your passport number on the form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
karli4nia:

Sure, pick NO if u haven't lost or had a passport stolen before..
As for the passport book no...In the case of someone i know, he ignored it..So i guess it aint important once u already have your passport number on the form.

Thanks boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Galantsantana:

I wonder why they denied you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rep01: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
DereI:

Wish you the best

pls like how much shld I keep for the total process either the cost for me alone or with my family? cause am planning to stay for years after I secure job over there..

Thanks for your contribution (homes)...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HRprof: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
Dollarpee49:
good evening all, pls how do i see appointment dates around March or April next year to book for because the next available date am seeing is January or will i have to wait till next year before i can book towards March or April?

First available Date does not mean the only Date, it mean the available Date start from January it will display other months from January down then you choose any month you want.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DereI(f): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rep01:

pls like how much shld I keep for the total process either the cost for me alone or with my family? cause am planning to stay for years after I secure job over there..

Thanks for your contribution (homes)...

Are you serious? Like really serious?
Do you have a job offer over there? Are you applying for a work permit?
Please do your homework before giving yourself a permanent ban

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.