Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170367 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
uchezdedon:
Greetings my lovely brothers and sisters. I just come across this wonderful trend and i must say that u guys are doing a great job.

Please i have a question. What type of invitation do i get for my brother for US visa interview. Actually i like saying things the way it is. My aim is for him to relocate for greener pasture . I'm being honest and want someone to help with an answer. His business has not been moving fine so i want try America.

Please no insults. I will really appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Haaaa no insult ke.... Do you know this thread is for Non Immigrant visa (Applicant with intention to visit U.S and return within 6 months) I'm not sure anyone will assist you here, get in touch with U.S Embassy or go to the migrant visa section.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ijebuboy525: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Where is my personal vo?

Aaah ah, kilo sele? I just got home and got news Abuja consulate is closed. Why, wetin we do this time?

This country is too hard on people, they should not do this now. Leave room for people to go find their happiness in America.

Some of these consulate officers themselves were born to migrant parents that abandoned home country to go leave in Yankee.

These people are trying to make me vex again. I dont like it when people mess with my kin folks. angry This is why I refused to go for my interview cause they mess with mybpeople unecessarily.

This is unfair. angry

Make i blow you kiss jare before i vex and forget. kiss
America is indirectly saying their country is filled up, Nigerians should look for another country for greeer pasture, abeg which other country is ok to migrate to aside USA and Canada? LadyG seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Pls, I'm in the same boat, help me, I'm going for a conference too and self sponsoring.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Mzblossom1:
Pls, I'm in the same boat, help me, I'm going for a conference too and self sponsoring.

Your case/situation looks a whole lot good on the surface. But will only ask; why are you sponsoring yourself?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
emailaddy:
Pls guyz... I am trying to book an appointment date don’t know why it is telling me this. This is the page after filling in my receipt number and priority.

Now it’s telling me that I have exceeded the number of times I can view the page. Yet it didn’t bring out any available date
Can someone kindly explain?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Wow, I finally got a response there, thanks for your time and attention.

Let me lay some facts bare, I can also answer more questions later, if there are any. First off, it's a one day conference, secondly this conference is falling during my leave(so I'm wondering now, won't the VO be reasoning that I'll be on leave and I'm supposed to be probably /most likely vacaying, @ with my daughter), instead of leaving her at home and rushing off a few days for a one day conference when I'm supposed to have a full blown one month leave...

As for the sponsor part, I'm doing that because, it's my leave period and free time, just like I can spend my money on vacation, same way I can pay to improve
myself.

It's a free conference because the US oganizers of the event is a not for profit organization.

I have no travel history.

Waiting for the critics,

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

America is indirectly saying their country is filled up, Nigerians should look for another country for greeer pasture, abeg which other country is ok to migrate to aside USA and Canada? LadyG seyewest

Lol!...Ireland, Germany.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2018
Mzblossom1:
Wow, I finally got a response there, thanks for your time and attention.

Let me lay some facts bare, I can also answer more questions later, if there are any. First off, it's a one day conference, secondly this conference is falling during my leave(so I'm wondering now, won't the VO be reasoning that I'll be on leave and I'm supposed to be probably /most likely vacaying, @ with my daughter), instead of leaving her at home and rushing off a few days for a one day conference when I'm supposed to have a full blown one month leave...

As for the sponsor part, I'm doing that because, it's my leave period and free time, just like I can spend my money on vacation, same way I can pay to improve
myself.

It's a free conference because the US oganizers of the event is a not for profit organization.

I have no travel history.

Waiting for the critics,

Thank you.

You're thinking about yourself not from the V.O perspective, one thing you need to understand is that, the V.O come across your type of profile more than 200 times a week, so what you're saying or thinking is not special or exceptional... Can I ask you 3 questions?
i) Do you have any recent travel history outside of Nigeria?
ii) How long have you been at your present work (They do background check)
iii) What is your martial status

You need to dig deep and do research, you may end up shifting your interview to next year if you happen to be honest with yourself.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 5:21am On Aug 16, 2018
seyewest:

You're thinking about yourself not from the V.O perspective, one thing you need to understand is that, the V.O come across your type of profile more than 200 times a week, so what you're saying or thinking is not special or exceptional... Can I ask you 3 questions?
i) Do you have any recent travel history outside of Nigeria?
ii) How long have you been at your present work (They do background check)
iii) What is your martial status

You need to dig deep and do research, you may end up shifting your interview to next year if you happen to be honest with yourself.
Goodluck

I have no recent travel history outside of Nigeria, lately(I'm a very introverted type, I could spend a lifetime indoors and yeah, I mean that seriously) but I'm an academic freak, I can go to the moon just to get some knowledge, that's the kind of person I'm.

I've been working, not less than 5yrs now and married.

A little more research showed me that this international organizing body of the conference, has chapter in Ghana, South Africa and Uganda, what I'm not sure is if they have as many and are as coordinated as the ones in the US. The chapters in the US are many and hold meetings at different times, so attendance would depend on convenience, right?

What is background check please?(is it an FBI kind of thing?) Lol.

Finally, what's the rationale behind my scheduling to next year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lewist(m): 6:07am On Aug 16, 2018
please my people is there available date in lagos consulate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Mzblossom1:

I have no recent travel history outside of Nigeria, lately(I'm a very introverted type, I could spend a lifetime indoors and yeah, I mean that seriously) but I'm an academic freak, I can go to the moon just to get some knowledge, that's the kind of person I'm.

I've been working, not less than 5yrs now and married.

A little more research showed me that this international organizing body of the conference, has chapter in Ghana, South Africa and Uganda, what I'm not sure is if they have as many and are as coordinated as the ones in the US. The chapters in the US are many and hold meetings at different times, so attendance would depend on convenience, right?

What is background check please?(is it an FBI kind of thing?) Lol.

Finally, what's the rationale behind my scheduling to next year?

You're still thinking about yourself.... You don't have strong ties... your ties are normal not extraordinary...
work on your ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2018
This is absolutely unfair, I asked a question regarding not being able to get an appointment. Trying to know if this is normal? And I couldn’t get any response. But if it is a case of someone saying he/she was denied or another person saying he wants to migrate through Visit Visa I know how some of u guyz will unleash the dragon. I am expected to go on a 10 days vacation with the family by Dec, I was told by a friend that December dates are getting filled. Yet I can’t even get to book an appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2018
Imagine abj available date

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2018
seyewest:

You're still thinking about yourself.... You don't have strong ties... your ties are normal not extraordinary...
work on your ties.

Okay, I've stopped thinking about myself but don't understand what else you mean by ties, from going through hundreds of pages on this website and and the US embassy website itself, I realised that ties has to do with social economic, family, job, travel history and anything else. So the only tie I don't have right now is the travel history but I earn a good enough salary to self sponsor the trip, I'm married, for almost as long as the period I've been working, which is not less than 5yrs as I said earlier, my husband is in the medical profession and I've a daughter.

Pls correct me otherwise so I can get a better picture, thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2018
Mzblossom1:

Okay, I've stopped thinking about myself but don't understand what else you mean by ties, from going through hundreds of pages on this website and and the US embassy website itself, I realised that ties has to do with social economic, family, job, travel history and anything else. So the only tie I don't have right now is the travel history but I earn a good enough salary to self sponsor the trip, I'm married, for almost as long as the period I've been working, which is not less than 5yrs as I said earlier, my husband is in the medical profession and I've a daughter.

Pls correct me otherwise so I can get a better picture, thank you.

Must you go to U.S now? build your travel history i.e. go to Europe, South East Asia... try to attend Conference abroad and present papers, if you want to be absolute sure of getting U.S visa 100% (U.S Visa is not guarantee even for those with very good travel history, reason is that a lot of Nigerians has abused the U.S tourist visa making hard for people like you to get one)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2018
emailaddy:
This is absolutely unfair, I asked a question regarding not being able to get an appointment. Trying to know if this is normal? And I couldn’t get any response. But if it is a case of someone saying he/she was denied or another person saying he wants to migrate through Visit Visa I know how some of u guyz will unleash the dragon. I am expected to go on a 10 days vacation with the family by Dec, I was told by a friend that December dates are getting filled. Yet I can’t even get to book an appointment.

Hi. Just as a point of note, you aren't owed anything by the VOLUNTEERS on this thread who CHOOSE to help people. You are capable of doing research and using the internet, or calling the owners of the website for help. Do these, instead of getting snippy, copping an attitude and saying things are "unfair".

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2018
seyewest:

Must you go to U.S now? build your travel history i.e. go to Europe, South East Asia... try to attend Conference abroad and present papers, if you want to be absolute sure of getting U.S visa 100% (U.S Visa is not guarantee even for those with very good travel history, reason is that a lot of Nigerians has abused the U.S tourist visa making hard for people like you to get one)

Thanks so much my brother, I'll follow your advice and go to the interview with an open mind, whatever it is I'll come back here and share my experience so that others will learn, bless up.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
emailaddy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy (you get mind shaaa...Lol)
Your majesty, we are here to serve you.

What exactly is your challenge? If you intend to go on vacation in December (peak season) then you should be going for an interview by October or latest, November. If you can't find any date before December then book one in January and select the option to be bumped up should in case any earlier date is available (someone cancels or changes date).

Are you aware that there's a number of visas that can be given in a year? Last year alone, Nigeria used up about 50% of that quota and judging from the complaints from Canadian Immigration, that number will be less in 2018.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 3rdeye1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hi My People permit me to ask you some questions pls . My family and I have interview at the Abuja US consulate by 29th August . I got the news the embassy is closed indefinitely ATM. We are traveling down from Dubai .. I have bought non refundable tickets for the 3 of us for this trip ��‍♂️My question is do you have the slightest idea why it was closed? And secondly, Do you think by any chance it could be re-opened after Eid as they said in their statement that they ‘hope’ they would... ? Thirdly, do you think we should proceed with our trip or just stay back. If they reschedule us, I’m not sure it will fall within the time we will be in the country . I am confused o. Pls I need candid advice and opinion pls. Our flight is On the 26.. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Priceless200(f): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2018
Somebodydaddy01:

Then what can I do??

Ahah you too worry o.

Well just get married. By her coming down here of course. Then let her take up your matter properly through the legal way of inviting her husband. No immigration in the world will decide to separate or stop genuine legally married couples from living together.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chuchunana: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
3rdeye1:
Hi My People permit me to ask you some questions pls . My family and I have interview at the Abuja US consulate by 29th August . I got the news the embassy is closed indefinitely ATM. We are traveling down from Dubai .. I have bought non refundable tickets for the 3 of us for this trip ��‍♂️My question is do you have the slightest idea why it was closed? And secondly, Do you think by any chance it could be re-opened after Eid as they said in their statement that they ‘hope’ they would... ? Thirdly, do you think we should proceed with our trip or just stay back. If they reschedule us, I’m not sure it will fall within the time we will be in the country . I am confused o. Pls I need candid advice and opinion pls. Our flight is On the 26.. thanks

Nobody here will know for sure but it's likely they will reopen after the sallah holidays as stated in their release...Just chill, when they reopen after sallah (hopefully...) if your interview gets rescheduled then you can also change the date of your flight accordingly...stay positive!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 3rdeye1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
Chuchunana:

Nobody here will know for sure but it's likely they will reopen after the sallah holidays as stated in their release...Just chill, when they reopen after sallah (hopefully...) if your interview gets rescheduled then you can also change the date of your flight accordingly...stay positive!
thanks for the headsup. So they are likely to reschedule us even if they resume before our appointment date ? That will be bad shar. Anyway, I remain hopeful. Thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Lol!...Ireland, Germany.

What is the person going to do in Ireland? I school there no work. Even dirty jobs nor dey. Ireland na for those women wen run from Italy, Spain and others during Irish born. Nothing there at all... abeg find production country at list as bad as he bad you fit start with factory work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
1. DO YOU INTEND TO USE THE VISA FOR CHILDBIRTH.
2. WHAT IS THE RELEVANCE OF THIS CONFERENCE TO YOUR FIELD.
3. WHAT IS YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY.
4. CAN YOU FINANCIALLY SUSTAIN THE TRIP.
5. WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD, IN YOUR ABSENCE.
6. WHAT SORT OF CONFERENCE, IS A ONE-DAY CONFERENCE; AGAIN REFER TO POINT 2.
7. TIES (FROM WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED):
- MARRIED WITH A CHILD.
- GOOD FINANCIAL STANDING
- WORKED FOR A LONG TIME WITH A COMPANY
8. POINTS 1-7 ARE FROM THE VO'S PERSPECTIVE (THESE ARE ALL MY OPINIONS).

Mzblossom1:
Hello Kaptain Afrika I'm still new on this platform and I've been trying to grasp how to make posts here, thank you guys, for all the good jobs you have been doing, Lady G for General, Seyewest, Omobendel and all the famous gurus in the house. Pls my situation is this, I want to apply for US visa, conference based related to my profession.

I work with a big financial institution and earn a good salary, husband is in the medical profession and we have a child yet, I've been married and working for good number of years now, so everything is fine by the books.

Now, it happens that this conference falls during my leave period and I'll only just be spending a few days. I will not be going with my daughter because of the short stay then I've to return home to my family. Pls help me analyse my chances. Lady Guinevere and others abeg make una help me put mouth. God bless.

Also note, I'm sponsoring myself for the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kennyfem(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2018
seyewest:

work on your ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kennyfem(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
seyewest:

work on your ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jeffchulo: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
please house i want to apply for canada visit visa for me and my wife,i need help with the forms and process to apply,PLEASE HELP A BROTHER
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
kennyfem:

@Kennyfem. Am glad that you decided to delete your earlier post.

Seyewest is just trying to be factual. The truth is always very bitter, but saying the truth to the one who is seeking for it, is always the best.

We should learn to give qudos to those who sacrifice their time to share "for free" their wealth of knowledge and experience.

We shouldn't criticise anyone except the person goes over board.

I say more powers to the elbows of those responding to other people's queries and questions.

On behalf of most of the beneficiaries of this forum, I appreciate you all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lawlek(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
jeffchulo:
please house i want to apply for canada visit visa for me and my wife,i need help with the forms and process to apply,PLEASE HELP A BROTHER

You are on the wrong forum. Please visit the Canadian visit visa page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kolping: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
How Strange 'Passport With White Powder’ Led To Shutdown Of US Embassy’s Abuja Consular Section

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/16/exclusive-how-strange-passport-white-powder%E2%80%99-led-shutdown-us-embassy%E2%80%99s-abuja-consular
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 10:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
1. DO YOU INTEND TO USE THE VISA FOR CHILDBIRTH.
2. WHAT IS THE RELEVANCE OF THIS CONFERENCE TO YOUR FIELD.
3. WHAT IS YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY.
4. CAN YOU FINANCIALLY SUSTAIN THE TRIP.
5. WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD, IN YOUR ABSENCE.
6. WHAT SORT OF CONFERENCE, IS A ONE-DAY CONFERENCE; AGAIN REFER TO POINT 2.
7. TIES (FROM WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED):
- MARRIED WITH A CHILD.
- GOOD FINANCIAL STANDING
- WORKED FOR A LONG TIME WITH A COMPANY
8. POINTS 1-7 ARE FROM THE VO'S PERSPECTIVE (THESE ARE ALL MY OPINIONS).

1. No, I do not have the intention of using the visa to give birth.

2. Conference is relevant to my field, I'm also a remote member of the organizing body. Attendance gives me the opportunity to meet with industry leaders, peer to peer discussion, added value to job and personal development.

3. No travel history

4. Yes I can financially sustain the trip

5. My mother in-law who lives with us will take care of
my child.

6 Conference is one day but I won't be staying for one day, at least close to a week. Like I said above, I'm a remote member of the organizing body, thru teleconferences in the past, so this particular one just happens to fall around my leave period this year.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BreeKoko(f): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Kolping:
How Strange 'Passport With White Powder’ Led To Shutdown Of US Embassy’s Abuja Consular Section

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/16/exclusive-how-strange-passport-white-powder%E2%80%99-led-shutdown-us-embassy%E2%80%99s-abuja-consular

Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.