Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170556 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ladyguinivere justwise

Please I need an urgent reply. My cousin was booked for an interview at the US embassy Abuja for tomorrow, 15th. She actually left Lagos for Abuja this morning, only for her to receive a mail around 6pm this evening that the Abuja embassy will not be conducting interviews on the 15th, 16th and 17th. Her expected date of travel is 23rd August, that's next week Thursday. She is supposed to attend an older cousins wedding on the 25th.

My question is, considering this unexpected change, is it possible for the interview to be held before the expected date of travel?

If it doesn't take place, and the date of travel passes, does it mean automatic rejection?

Do you think she should wait in Abuja to know if a new date will be fixed soon enough?

Please I need a reply as she is considering travelling back to Lagos tomorrow. I just need an informed view on this issue. Anybody who has an answer should please reply. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chuchunana: 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
7Alexander:
Ladyguinivere justwise

Please I need an urgent reply. My cousin was booked for an interview at the US embassy Abuja for tomorrow, 15th. She actually left Lagos for Abuja this morning, only for her to receive a mail around 6pm this evening that the Abuja embassy will not be conducting interviews on the 15th, 16th and 17th. Her expected date of travel is 23rd August, that's next week Thursday. She is supposed to attend an older cousins wedding on the 25th.

My question is, considering this unexpected change, is it possible for the interview to be held before the expected date of travel?

If it doesn't take place, and the date of travel passes, does it mean automatic rejection?

Do you think she should wait in Abuja to know if a new date will be fixed soon enough?

Please I need a reply as she is considering travelling back to Lagos tomorrow. I just need an informed view on this issue. Anybody who has an answer should please reply. Thank you

Heard that the embassy has been closed indefinitely...If a rescheduled date has not been communicated then I'd advise she comes back...#my2kobo

P.s, Oops...just saw you directed it to LadyG and Justwise...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by FASTLINK1: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
7Alexander:
Ladyguinivere justwise

https://www.nairaland.com/4676346/temporary-closer-us-embassy-abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by samsonbusayo1: 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
Temporary Closure of U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular Section
Until further notice, all consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja have temporarily ceased for both visa and for American Citizen Services (ACS). Consular functions in U.S. Consulate Lagos are not affected and will continue.
Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling.
American citizens in northern Nigeria with emergency services needs should continue to contact the after-hours emergency number for Abuja at 09461-4000 and press “0” to go to the operator to request assistance.
American citizens in northern Nigeria with urgent travel needs who are travelling before Tuesday and who are willing to re-schedule their travel through Lagos should contact the ACS office at Consulate Lagos ( 01460 3400 and LagosACS@state.gov) to discuss their options. Those travelling after Tuesday should follow up with Abuja ACS to confirm their appointments closer to their appointment date.
Please monitor this page and the Website of the U.S. Embassy for a later announcement of resumed consular operations in Abuja. http:///2vI9HcY
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AGUBANZE(m): 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mbamto:

Explain to the VO, time is no longer on your side I think.

The cafe guy close to the embassy said I should come tomorrow that he can rectify it,so I’m going tomorrow

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
7Alexander:
Ladyguinivere justwise

I'm sure they will get in touch with her.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
AGUBANZE:

The cafe guy close to the embassy said I should come tomorrow that he can rectify it,so I’m going tomorrow

Thank you

Rectify it, how? Better be careful.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
AGUBANZE:

Thank you

And now, the devil speaks.... Just shut your ears sha, for your good.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
samsonbusayo1:
Temporary Closure of U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular Section
Until further notice, all consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja have temporarily ceased for both visa and for American Citizen Services (ACS). Consular functions in U.S. Consulate Lagos are not affected and will continue.
Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling.
I noticed Abujanv's non-Immigrant visa thread was closed and lagosnv now created a new thread for non-immigrant visas. Now Abuja Embassy is closed indefinitely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
AGUBANZE:

Thanks so much bros

I now have a complete easy to comprehend list of what I wanna do and my plans down there,you really opened my eyes,thanks so much brother

Welcome, brother. I am glad I could help.
Now, don't forget there's a place for confidence (and God, of course, if you believe);

- Start practicing your smile from the gateman/security at the Embassy.
- Speak clearly and slowly. Answer questions with a Yes or No then expand by only a sentence or phrase (Example - Yes, I'll also be visiting my cousin or No, I have a rather inflexible schedule).
- Make eye contact.
- Speak the truth, even if it hurts.
- Lastly, whatever the outcome, hold your head high and say/give "thanks".

Cheers bro!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
AGUBANZE:

Jesus ,fill another form ? today is Tuesday and it’s not up to five days again

What do I do now ?

Send a mail to the Embassy stating your error and ask them to advise - LagosNIV@state.gov.
Don't use 3rd parties, I repeat, NO THIRD PARTIES.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2018
Where is my personal vo?

Aaah ah, kilo sele? I just got home and got news Abuja consulate is closed. Why, wetin we do this time?

This country is too hard on people, they should not do this now. Leave room for people to go find their happiness in America.

Some of these consulate officers themselves were born to migrant parents that abandoned home country to go leave in Yankee.

These people are trying to make me vex again. I dont like it when people mess with my kin folks. angry This is why I refused to go for my interview cause they mess with mybpeople unecessarily.

This is unfair. angry

Make i blow you kiss jare before i vex and forget. kiss

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by FKO1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
Fear not.
1. Why are you going to the US.
2. What are the concrete things, that will necessitate your prompt return to Nigeria.
3. If 1 and 2 align, in the eyes of the VO, you are good to go.

Good day, a friend of mine in the state's wants to send an invite to me and my close friend.
Is this possible?
Would we encounter any issues on getting the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AGUBANZE(m): 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
Processor01:

Welcome, brother. I am glad I could help.
Now, don't forget there's a place for confidence (and God, of course, if you believe);

- Start practicing your smile from the gateman/security at the Embassy.
- Speak clearly and slowly. Answer questions with a Yes or No then expand by only a sentence or phrase (Example - Yes, I'll also be visiting my cousin or No, I have a rather inflexible schedule).
- Make eye contact.
- Speak the truth, even if it hurts.
- Lastly, whatever the outcome, hold your head high and say/give "thanks".

Cheers bro!

Thanks so much brother,you don’t know what those words mean to me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AGUBANZE(m): 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2018
Processor01:

Send a mail to the Embassy stating your error and ask them to advise - LagosNIV@state.gov.

I’m at Accra,not Naija.

Can I still forward the email to the Lagos embassy cos it doesn’t sound legible to me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AGUBANZE(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
ayenikunle:

Rectify it, how? Better be careful.

Jesus see warning everywhere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AGUBANZE(m): 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

And now, the devil speaks.... Just shut your ears sha, for your good.

That’s parable is deep
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:12am On Aug 15, 2018
Fear not. They just want to fumigate the Abuja consulate. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:13am On Aug 15, 2018
An important part of visa success, is research, go with your friend's invite, SSN and passport details, and you will be fine.

FKO1:

Good day, a friend of mine in the state's wants to send an invite to me and my close friend.
Is this possible?
Would we encounter any issues on getting the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 5:59am On Aug 15, 2018
Processor01:

Does this email still work? The last time I checked, the messages kept bouncing back. Who has a mail that works abi is it from my email?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
Fear not. They just want to fumigate the Abuja consulate. grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. What kind of fumigation requires indefinite closure? Abi those rats don come back again?

The longer they stay closed the more the pressure on Lagos office.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2018
LOL Joking about the fumigation; I hope they switch to a more document-based system, it makes more sense than 2-5 minute interviews.

NothingDoMe:
Lol. What kind of fumigation requires indefinite closure? Abi those rats don come back again?

The longer they stay closed the more the pressure on Lagos office.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 10:28am On Aug 15, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
LOL Joking about the fumigation; I hope they switch to a more document-based system, it makes more sense than 2-5 minute interviews.

I dey imagine how 1min interview go be with all this pressure:

VO: Passport please( At the same time asking why you wan travel, where you wan travel go and where you dey work, how much you dey earn, and if you don travel before)

This plenty questions in one sentence go make you shorten your answer before you forget wetin dem ask you.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2018
UPDATE: Temporary Closure of U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular Section

Due to reasons beyond our control we are temporarily unable to provide regular services for visa and American Citizen Services in Abuja but other offices within the Embassy remain open. Please note that consular functions at the U.S. Consulate Lagos are not affected and will continue. Until further notice, applicants are encouraged to contact the Consular Office in Lagos for immediate emergency travel. Please monitor this page and Website of the U.S. Embassy for updates on consular operations. Scheduled visa and ACS applicants for Abuja will be contacted for rescheduling. American citizens in northern Nigeria with emergency services needs should continue to contact the after-hours emergency number for Abuja at 09461-4000 and press “0” to go to the operator to request assistance. We regret the inconvenience this has caused to our applicants and hope to resume operations soon. http:///2MwRvg2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello Kaptain Afrika I'm still new on this platform and I've been trying to grasp how to make posts here, thank you guys, for all the good jobs you have been doing, Lady G for General, Seyewest, Omobendel and all the famous gurus in the house. Pls my situation is this, I want to apply for US visa, conference based related to my profession.

I work with a big financial institution and earn a good salary, husband is in the medical profession and we have a child yet, I've been married and working for good number of years now, so everything is fine by the books.

Now, it happens that this conference falls during my leave period and I'll only just be spending a few days. I will not be going with my daughter because of the short stay then I've to return home to my family. Pls help me analyse my chances. Lady Guinevere and others abeg make una help me put mouth. God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peacengine(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
My pips, visa aint do or die except ure going for settlement. Relax, sip some ice coolade and eat well balanced diet before going for your interview grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GiftyDiamond: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
An important part of visa success, is research, go with your friend's invite, SSN and passport details, and you will be fine.

Please, i need help. My mum is booked for interview to go see her daughter n son-inlaw, what's her chances of scaling the interview with a letter of invite. Do we need to present bank statement?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzblossom1: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello Kaptain Afrika I'm still new on this platform and I've been trying to grasp how to make posts here, thank you guys, for all the good jobs you have been doing, Lady G for General, Seyewest, Omobendel and all the famous gurus in the house. Pls my situation is this, I want to apply for US visa, conference based related to my profession.

I work with a big financial institution and earn a good salary, husband is in the medical profession and we have a child yet, I've been married and working for good number of years now, so everything is fine by the books.

Now, it happens that this conference falls during my leave period and I'll only just be spending a few days. I will not be going with my daughter because of the short stay then I've to return home to my family. Pls help me analyse my chances. Lady Guinevere and others abeg make una help me put mouth. God bless.

Also note, I'm sponsoring myself for the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Polystar: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
My interview as been scheduled for 28th August in Abuja embassy, pls house how can I reschedule my appointment to lagos should in case Abuja embassy did not open before the time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
Greetings my lovely brothers and sisters. I just come across this wonderful trend and i must say that u guys are doing a great job.

Please i have a question. What type of invitation do i get for my brother for US visa interview. Actually i like saying things the way it is. My aim is for him to relocate for greener pasture . I'm being honest and want someone to help with an answer. His business has not been moving fine so i want try America.

Please no insults. I will really appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
ozycy:

Does this email still work? The last time I checked, the messages kept bouncing back. Who has a mail that works abi is it from my email?

Yes, it does.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Pls guyz... I am trying to book an appointment date don’t know why it is telling me this. This is the page after filling in my receipt number and priority.

Now it’s telling me that I have exceeded the number of times I can view the page. Yet it didn’t bring out any available date

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.