Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174310 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2018
Euniro2002:
Good day my Gems
My name is Eugene and I was sent an invitation on the 5th of August. Part of the contents of the invitation was that 'he would be coming to spend his vacation with my family, although he would be having enough funds to cover his trip, I shall be responsible for his room and board'. I don't have a traveling experience and am a contract staff of a company operating under NLNG (Atlantic blue water services limited). Am married with two kids. Situation like this, what are my requirements necessary for this package. These are the reasons why I haven't paid for my visa card. Secondly, considering the date the invitation was sent, is it still appropriate to apply. My heroes I need an assistant. I will appreciate your up building comments. Thanks.

This is not a packaging site, nevertheless I think you should be worried about your ''ties'' to Nigeria, the letter of invitation means nothing at the moment, you will need to access yourself e.g Where you work, how long you've been working, martial status, travel history etc
I will also advise you go read the part 1-3 of this thread, you won't need anyone to package anything for you because the process will be clearer and simpler to you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2018
Enasdan:
thanks, but what I'm seeing in my dashboard is " Lagos, first available date Wednesday October 3rd, 2018" what does that means

Yeah, I understand that, it means that that date is/was available and can be/could have been taken if an applicant needed and saw it.

"Fully booked for the year" was in quotes for a reason, and ought to have been deducible from it that this isn't a hard and fast conclusion, combine that with "a good monitoring strategy" as written there by me too, what I was saying should have been clearer, if at all you understand me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by osagieobasohan: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2018
First Available Appointment is not showing on my dashboard and when i click to the page where i should see the calendars, i see a message saying "No available appointment"

How do i resolve this as i can see First Available Appointment on a dummy account i created.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
osagieobasohan:
First Available Appointment is not showing on my dashboard and when i click to the page where i should see the calendars, i see a message saying "No available appointment"

How do i resolve this as i can see First Available Appointment on a dummy account i created.
Lagos or Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, I understand that, it means that that date is/was available and can be/could have been taken if an applicant needed and saw it.

"Fully booked for the year" was in quotes for a reason, and ought to have been deducible from it that this isn't a hard and fast conclusion, combine that with "a good monitoring strategy" as written there by me too, what I was saying should have been clearer, if at all you understand me.
does that means that particular date is available for me to book appointment, as it is showing on my dashboard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2018
Enasdan:
does that means that particular date is available for me to book appointment, as it is showing on my dashboard

Yes, emphatically yes! As long as you got no issues with them (like visa refusal in the past six months for example), you are good to go....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by osagieobasohan: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2018
Enasdan:
Lagos or Abuja

Abuja.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tonyik: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2018
Good morning house.

A friend who lost his passport and got entirely new one with no reference to the old one, how can he claim travelling history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2018
tonyik:
Good morning house.

A friend who lost his passport and got entirely new one with no reference to the old one, how can he claim travelling history?

By Saving his/her 57,000Naira shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tonyik: 9:24am On Sep 04, 2018
Thanks. I wanted to be sure before i can advise him.

DoNotBeAfraid:

By Saving his/her 57,000Naira shocked shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2018
tonyik:
Thanks. I wanted to be sure before i can advise him.

If he lost and renewed his passport legally between 2017-2018, then NIS would have found his old Passport Number when they took his BIO, Unless he obtained the new Passport Fraudulently while trying to hide the sins of his old PP and claiming what was never there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maestro001: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2018
Enasdan:
please how did you know that, thanks
If you have a profile on the site,login your details,you should see the information on the top right corner
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by neptunes88(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2018
Please o, Am applying for B1 visa for conference , tuition, hotel bill n flight reservation already made bt don't have up to 1million in my account.... Any hope guys...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maestro001: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2018
Enasdan:
I have this on my dashboard, please can you explain better
Look at the top right corner which says “First available appointment is October 3, 2018” that is the available date from which you can book your appointment along side with the other days that follows up in the same month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
neptunes88:
Please o, Am applying for B1 visa for conference , tuition, hotel bill n flight reservation already made bt don't have up to 1million in my account.... Any hope guys...

Do you need Loan?

Secondly you are not supposed to make any financial commitment before going for your interview unless they are refundable.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by neptunes88(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
Baba abeg I need loan o if possible but with small interest abeg..
Yeah those payments are refundable with little deductions for processing fee
DoNotBeAfraid:

Do you need Loan?

Secondly you are not supposed to make any financial commitment before going for your interview unless they are refundable.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ogagusps3: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Please help me.. I'm trying to apply for myself and my sister via Dropbox. Our visa expired a few months ago.. I've been able to do it for myself but every time I try it for my sister I see the page below. I've uploaded her passport's first page but they've yet to send me a reply. What do I need to do to fix this problem as I've already paid the fee.
It gives me the page below whenever I try to input my sister's passport and application details. This is delaying both our applications, please help

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2018
neptunes88:
What do you mean by tuition for a conference?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maestro001: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hello,I have been trying to start a new application but when I login to the site,my old details along side with my old DS-16O confirmation number in my last application is being displayed;has anyone witnessed such thing before and what is the possible solution to this problem? Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by galala123(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
MrsDaniels:
Hello house please does anyone know if there is an available appointment date this year at all in Lagos or Abuja embassy? Please would be expecting your reply.

Are you aware that you can book and then be checking from time to time for an earlier date slot?

I think you can change your appointment date once. You can also write to request expedited appointment upon uploading supporting documents. However, they seem to be more lenient if it is a medical emergency.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
ayenikunle:

Wetin man no go see.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mummytutu: 9:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
mummytutu:
Hi guys, please I need your advise on the the below situation:
A family of 4(mother ,2kids & the Hubby's sister) are scheduled to have their interview this month but the mother wont be able to make it on health grounds; rescheduling is not an option. Will a consent letter from the mother stating the reason for her absence suffice?

Please, someone should give suggestions to the above .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibukunpops(f): 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
How old are the kids?

Will they be able to travel with the aunty without the mother or father?

Does the aunty have good ties?

mummytutu:

Please, someone should give suggestions to the above .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibukunpops(f): 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
Firstly, you ALL shouldnt have applied together.

When she asked for the Budget, you could have separated it, bla bla for the birth, bla bla for the ticket of the other family members returning after two weeks, bla bla for living expenses, with a remark of 'would you like to see the breakdown of our budget sheet'

Iyamilele:
Hello all,

I recently had my interview, my intention was to give birth in Texas, so we applied as a Family, we were 5 in number(my hubby, me, my mum and my two kids) I decided to take my mum along to assist me over there with my 19months toddler and also when the baby is born (it would have been her first time of traveling with us eventhough she has travelled to Ghana twice). Our bank statement was way more than our budget.

Below is my transcript,

Kindly help find out what went wrong

Me and hubby: Good morning
V.O: Good morning, can i have your passports
V.O: all five of you are traveling
Me and Hubby: Yes
V.O: have you traveled as a family before?
Hubby: Yes, we have been to Dubai and also visited the UK and I have also been to the US
V.O: (flips through my husband's passport) what do you do?
Hubby: I'm a engineer with a Telecoms company
V.O: How long have you been there?
Hubby: 10 years
V.O: how much do you earn?
Hubby: told her
V.O: Madam what do you do
Me: Im a caterer i cater for events and parties
V.O: how much do you earn?
me: i told her
V.O: Do you have staffs?
me: Yes, 4 of them
V.O: why are you going to texas?
Hubby: We are going for Vacation and my wife is also going to give birth there
Me: Childbirth and Tourism
V.O: what is your budget for this trip
Me and Hubby: $20,000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mummytutu: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
ibukunpops:
How old are the kids?

Will they be able to travel with the aunty without the mother or father?

Does the aunty have good ties?

They will be travelling with their father and he already has a us visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibukunpops(f): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
She needs to prove strong financial/economic ties, family ties etc.

About the Hotel, it depends on how far the wedding is to where the cousin stays, if it is far, then an Hotel reservation might be inorder for the period spent outside only, and she should be confident enough to explain she will be staying with the cousin, and a few days at so so so Hotel because of so so.

Best of Luck

Kennosy:
Please need urgent advise,!

my friend interview is in 6 week from now, dough she is yet to submit her data information forn already filled form, but she had someone filed d form for her. And the information goes as follows
Her visit purpuse is to attend her cousins wedding, and she is not booking an hotel, because she intend to stay in her cousins place for the period of 10 days thru the wedding ceremony , dough the wedding ceremony will be taking place in Huston while the cousine stays in Arizona. She is concern and worried if not booking an hotel might make the VO consider her not legible for the Visa,

Please help ...... gurus in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibukunpops(f): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oh Great

They can go ahead then, ensure they go with a clear copy of the fathers data page and visa page.

Also they can state the mother couldnt apply again due to a last minute work related emmergency, that should sound better than health, and will be a good tie for them, knowing they will return back to the arms of their mother after the vacation.

All the best

mummytutu:

They will be travelling with their father and he already has a us visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 4:43am On Sep 05, 2018
ayenikunle:

seyewest:

Wetin man no go see.

Let me help him, he probably meant registration and or membership fees.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nadnad: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2018
Good Morning Peeps,
One of my sibling and family were denied visa this morning, the VO said inconsistent travel history because they haven’t travelled in the last five years and their last born is an American citizens
Can they reapply immediately?
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Paularge2211: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2018
Good morning everyone
Got to The US Embassy, Abuja 6:30am, started the normal proceedings, got to Time for Interview, was 5th on The queue, window 7, First Man was an Ibo by tribe, advanced and he came for renewal, he was asked few and friendly questions, The VO even joked with his red cap and asked him to teach him how to say "hello" in Ibo and even asked if He (VO) can have a red cap too...though someone interpreted for him, and it was a white paper, then a coupled followed in same window and they were just asked few questions and pink paper, then a lady, same pink paper, then Two minors were given white paper in window 9, and it got to My turn, same window 7 where these, and it goes this
Me: Good morning Sir
VO: Good morning, passport pls
Me: Have it please
VO: Mr Osa why are you visiting
Me: For Tourism purposes and also to visit MY Uncle and His Family
VO: what do you do?
Me: I am a 4th Year Mechanical Engineering Student here in Nigeria ....
VO: what does your Parents do?
Me: They are retired
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Rapping. ............pink paper
All My stay there, it was just one elderly man that got his Visa approved.
It's all good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.