Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172314 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
Princess080:
Goodmorning house, pls a sister need help and I don't know a reliable answer to give her.
She is married as a second wife with three children planning to travel to US on tourist with the children, while the husband already have a US visa, he has being traveling but d record he has with d embassy is with d first wife with her nos of children, and now d husband agent is advising my friend not to include d husband name as married in other not to complicate issues with the record he already has at d US Embassy. My friend should claim widow and her children were legally adopted by her late hubby brother who happened to be her husband since he is going to be the primary sponsor of the journey. She will go to the embassy with d husband statement of account and his passport data page with all legal paper as a Legal guidance to she and the children.
Pls is this plan okay, if NO what other method can she use in order for her to have a successful interview wen applying for US visa. She has traveling experience already...Thanks
Polygamy is allowed in 12 or 13 states in Nigeria. Is polygamy legal in their state of origin or residence? If yes, what's the point lying when they can explain to the Consular ?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Shinner2010(m): 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
hello good afternoon house, I want to edit the planned travel date on my ds160 form, which I have submitted since August 7. I booked appointment and available date is 5th Feb. so I need to change the planned travel date. how can I make the change please ?
Gurus in the house help mw
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kemstos: 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good afternoon to the house, I want to ask some questions, pls am planning to apply for a b1/b2 visa. I want to go and visit my sick mum that that stays with my twin sister. Plz what are my chances and how do I go about it. Plz I need ur replies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
hajidel:
I day for travel section because since many people wan run like me, I will like to give them advice on experiences I have encountered so as to give them a big chance of success. wink

grin Hahaha This one na the best answer jare

My guy,See No be like this them day do people. E get some people way no know and them No wan use Google do somethings. You'd just do your best to answer questions as you can, if you cannot answer, Free am. E no compulsory to answer, e get people way no go anger management classes grin Make you and them no get wahala, derail thread. Thats what I mean, as for the other guy... I no know wetin em day talk, I no go follow am insult people During my time when i no even sabi jack, i no as i day Mumu ask questions for internet grin

By the way, Na US you day? If yes abeg e get some kain other questions i wan ask ni o. Going for visit visa on Virgin Passport, how you see am? I day reason go see family for South Korea and come back, or make i get like Cable visa for UAE attach am to my passport before i try USA.

Which way pure?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Wumzybabe: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please help a sister, I will be travelling to the US to have my baby by February, 2019. EDD is April,2019. My US visa will be expiring by May, 2019. My Intl passport is still valid.My question is Will they still give me up to 6 months for the period of stay?
Or should I go ahead at apply for drop box to extend my us visa.
I will be waiting to read your responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
Polygamy is legal in some states in Nigeria but illegal in the USA and when you apply for a visa, they will take that into account for sure. But like you said, they have the perfect platform to make their case, that is the interview. There they have the opportunity to convince the VO with how they answer that particular question.
So my advice to you is be honest and truthful; put in your application form that you are married and that may open up the question of your husband because you will have put his name on the form. Then they may ask if he is traveling with you or if he has a visa then answer accordingly as the form you would have filled will ask if anyone else is traveling with you. So if the VO tells you about your husband being married before then be rest assured that they know and are testing you and expect you to answer truthfully.

ifyalways:

Polygamy is allowed in 12 or 13 states in Nigeria. Is polygamy legal in their state of origin or residence? If yes, what's the point lying when they can explain to the Consular ?

Ah thats true o. Some people jus day vex anyhow.

As per your question, travel experience is definitely important but its not the ultimate. I have seen people gotten visa with a virgin passport. And the VOs are so trained and experienced in people 'creating' travel experiences because they have seen it many a times. So you can try and travel to Korea but the VO might wonder whether you are one of the 'creators' for travel experiences. UAE visa anyone can basically get at any time and they know that so that won't hold too much weight. Traveling to Australia, New Zealand, Europe (and UK cos they have different visas) will definitely help your case. The important factor is whether you have something going on in Nigeria that will compel you to return once your visit in USA is done. Good paying job, career advancement opportunity, business, married (dependent on your age), children etc.

Obernix:

My guy,See No be like this them day do people. E get some people way no know and them No wan use Google do somethings. You'd just do your best to answer questions as you can, if you cannot answer, Free am. E no compulsory to answer, e get people way no go anger management classes grin Make you and them no get wahala, derail thread. Thats what I mean, as for the other guy... I no know wetin em day talk, I no go follow am insult people During my time when i no even sabi jack, i no as i day Mumu ask questions for internet grin

By the way, Na US you day? If yes abeg e get some kain other questions i wan ask ni o. Going for visit visa on Virgin Passport, how you see am? I day reason go see family for South Korea and come back, or make i get like Cable visa for UAE attach am to my passport before i try USA.

Which way pure?

You can refill another DS-160 form to reflect the new travel date and update the appointment profile with the new DS-160 confirmation and reprint the appointment confirmation.

Shinner2010:
hello good afternoon house, I want to edit the planned travel date on my ds160 form, which I have submitted since August 7. I booked appointment and available date is 5th Feb. so I need to change the planned travel date. how can I make the change please ?
Gurus in the house help mw
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wumzybabe:
Please help a sister, I will be travelling to the US to have my baby by February, 2019. EDD is April,2019. My US visa will be expiring by May, 2019. My Intl passport is still valid.My question is Will they still give me up to 6 months for the period of stay?

No one can tell whether they stamp 6 months for you .its upto the CBP at POE.
Doing Dropbox makes no difference it is still CBP at Port of Entry that will determine how long you stay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wumzybabe:

They will most likely give you a 6 month entry. But don't think that far ahead, think about you being pregnant and going through immigration and customs. That should be your real worry. So be prepared, have your doctor ready and ENOUGH CASH ready because those folks are frowning on going there to give birth nowadays. And if you meet with an immigration officer or customs who is moody and one of the haters of foreigners going to US to give birth, then tough luck.
So don't worry about your visa validity, worry about getting through immigration and customs first.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Now Good.

My friend in the USA is the one helping out with the invitation Letters, he's bringing invitation Letters both for Medicals, Energy and co. And having told him what was obtainable as regards to that invitation the Lung Cancer and stuff, he got me one for Electric and Power and handed it over to me today, judging by Programming energy and Electricity.

Is this a better bet than the other one i had earlier? Just asking ...Kindly put me in the right direction, assuming you the VO what would you think at first?

hajidel:
Polygamy is legal in some states in Nigeria but illegal in the USA and when you apply for a visa, they will take that into account for sure. But like you said, they have the perfect platform to make their case, that is the interview. There they have the opportunity to convince the VO with how they answer that particular question.
So my advice to you is be honest and truthful; put in your application form that you are married and that may open up the question of your husband because you will have put his name on the form. Then they may ask if he is traveling with you or if he has a visa then answer accordingly as the form you would have filled will ask if anyone else is traveling with you. So if the VO tells you about your husband being married before then be rest assured that they know and are testing you and expect you to answer truthfully.

Ah thats true o. Some people jus day vex anyhow.

As per your question, travel experience is definitely important but its not the ultimate. I have seen people gotten visa with a virgin passport. And the VOs are so trained and experienced in people 'creating' travel experiences because they have seen it many a times. So you can try and travel to Korea but the VO might wonder whether you are one of the 'creators' for travel experiences. UAE visa anyone can basically get at any time and they know that so that won't hold too much weight. Traveling to Australia, New Zealand, Europe (and UK cos they have different visas) will definitely help your case. The important factor is whether you have something going on in Nigeria that will compel you to return once your visit in USA is done. Good paying job, career advancement opportunity, business, married (dependent on your age), children etc.

You can refill another DS-160 form to reflect the new travel date and update the appointment profile with the new DS-160 confirmation and reprint the appointment confirmation.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
Obernix:
Now Good.

My friend in the USA is the one helping out with the invitation Letters, he's bringing invitation Letters both for Medicals, Energy and co. And having told him what was obtainable as regards to that invitation the Lung Cancer and stuff, he got me one for Electric and Power and handed it over to me today, judging by Programming energy and Electricity.

Is this a better bet than the other one i had earlier? Just asking ...Kindly put me in the right direction, assuming you the VO what would you think at first?

I am no trained VO. However, if your exams or training or seminar is related to your field of work, then you stand a chance. But you have to remember that the invitation alone does not get you a visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Jrevelation(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hotel Reservation in the united state

please anyone help me with the websites
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Jrevelation:
Hotel Reservation in the united state

please anyone help me with the websites

www.google.com

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
good day guys. I have a question please. MY friend completed his DS-160 form. HE filled that he is travelling by JANUARY 11 2019 to return early FEBRUARY 2019. after submitting the form, he went to book appointment at Lagos and the first available date was February 6th and he chose it and submitted. Will that affect him. Advise please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timhannah93: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hey guru's. I've been trying to start an application to fill my ds 160 after i choose a security question i keep getting the session time out message. i havent been able to move past that and start filling the actual form. restarted my internet many times so i doubt that the problem. is this happening today or its just me. HELP

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
timhannah93:
Hey guru's. I've been trying to start an application to fill my ds 160 after i choose a security question i keep getting the session time out message. i havent been able to move past that and start filling the actual form. restarted my internet many times so i doubt that the problem. is this happening today or its just me. HELP
same issue with my friend who is applying from nigeria. he had to call me and i filled the form for him without hiccups. im in the USA. seems the problem is from naija server
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timhannah93: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
oh wow thank you! i'll get someone from outside to do it for me.
johnpoko:
same issue with my friend who is applying from nigeria. he had to call me and i filled the form for him without hiccups. im in the USA. seems the problem is from naija server
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Princess080:
Goodmorning house, pls a sister need help and I don't know a reliable answer to give her.
She is married as a second wife with three children planning to travel to US on tourist with the children, while the husband already have a US visa, he has being traveling but d record he has with d embassy is with d first wife with her nos of children, and now d husband agent is advising my friend not to include d husband name as married in other not to complicate issues with the record he already has at d US Embassy. My friend should claim widow and her children were legally adopted by her late hubby brother who happened to be her husband since he is going to be the primary sponsor of the journey. She will go to the embassy with d husband statement of account and his passport data page with all legal paper as a Legal guidance to she and the children.
Pls is this plan okay, if NO what other method can she use in order for her to have a successful interview wen applying for US visa. She has traveling experience already...Thanks
The US embassy is aware of our shitty traditions. Men marry second wives. Is it a crime? Yes. Bigamy is but who has prosecuted?

The issue you should be asking is, how does the situation pan out tie wise.
if they are Muslim its OK and she will be considered married and hence they will count as ties.

If they are Christians, then the "marriage " is a weak tie if is even to be considered as such.
However, the fact remains. she is inexorably tied to this fellow and if married to him under customary law, is well...married and not mentioning that would be misresentation.
Not judging but if she s OK with being a second wife and having kids, why should it be a secret?!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bbclue(f): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Madam please don't follow the agent advise....include your husband in it......who knows because he has been going and return back they might give you visa....just answer any questions the vo asked you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princess080: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
[They are christains but they are feeling d US embassy might frown towards polygamy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
Princess080:
[They are christains but they are feeling d US embassy might frown towards polygamy

Their job is to access ties not judge Christian beliefs.
I have seen a man and his 3 wives and kids at the embassy.
Note : they are Muslims

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
hajidel:

www.google.com
grin
You have wickedity in your veins.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

grin
You have wickedity in your veins.

Ah how na; I jus wan make it easy for am; direct link. cheesy

LadyGuinivere:

The US embassy is aware of our shitty traditions. Men marry second wives. Is it a crime? Yes. Bigamy is but who has prosecuted?

The issue you should be asking is, how does the situation pan out tie wise.
if they are Muslim its OK and she will be considered married and hence they will count as ties.

If they are Christians, then the "marriage " is a weak tie if is even to be considered as such.
However, the fact remains. she is inexorably tied to this fellow and if married to him under customary law, is well...married and not mentioning that would be misresentation.
Not judging but if she s OK with being a second wife and having kids, why should it be a secret?!

I second this; However, I would like to add that since its non-immigrant visa in question you may as well get away with it and the VO might not delve deeper into it. But in case of immigration you will be denied 100% because the US will use its law which prohibits polygamy and bigamy so they will apply US law to the application and not the law of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Princess080:

Christians shouldn't practice polygamy, the VO knows this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kayla2: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Goodevening all,please someone wants to send invitation for a wedding nxt year to my cousin,and aske her to send her details,please what details is required, her name and passport? And again,she’s got a virgin passport? Please what’s the best way to go about it,she said she intends applying as a married lady whereas she is single,she said said the lady asked her to bring one more person but the iv she will charge her $200 ,advice please,though the wedding is genuine doh.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kayla2:
Goodevening all,please someone wants to send invitation for a wedding nxt year to my cousin,and aske her to send her details,please what details is required, her name and passport? And again,she’s got a virgin passport? Please what’s the best way to go about it,she said she intends applying as a married lady whereas she is single,she said said the lady asked her to bring one more person but the iv she will charge her $200 ,advice please,though the wedding is genuine doh.thanks
How can your cousin pay $200 or even $1 for ordinary invitation? $200 is 72k and a lot of money.

She should instead do hotel reservation and apply as tourist. Also she should not lie that she is married when she is not, that is misrepresentation.

Lastly, if the wedding is genuine then why does she have to pay for invitation to a genuine wedding?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kayla2:

What kind of rubbish IV is that?

Tell your 'cousin' not to fake any info or document.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kayla2: 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
I’m actually aware of d wedding,which I will be there myself,but I guesss the brides sis want to make money out of it, the bride I knw is a medical doc and I knw her wedding is in April, so my cousin want to use the opportunity, the bride agreed to send her the wedding invitation though, but I don’t know the info required

Tell your 'cousin' not to fake any info or document.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
lighthousearc:

Finally my parents just called me their passport was returned back to the US embassy because it took 30days in their office and apologized for error in notification, so they can come back after few days. I hope is not gonna be a problem for a passport to be returned back to the embassy?

None at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
Shinner2010:

Fill another form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
timhannah93:

Delete your cookies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kayla2:
I’m actually aware of d wedding,which I will be there myself,but I guesss the brides sis want to make money out of it, the bride I knw is a medical doc and I knw her wedding is in April, so my cousin want to use the opportunity, the bride agreed to send her the wedding invitation though, but I don’t know the info required

Tell your 'cousin' not to fake any info or document.

lolzzz very funny.... they don't look at IV at the embassy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.