Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176585 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
@Chacha22
Congratulations So you are the third person after the 2old old ppl

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
jj17cv:
@Chacha22
Congratulations So you are the third person after the 2old old ppl

Thank you!.
Well I dont know ooh...
Also I doubt if it was just 3 people that were given yesterday. Giving the crowd it will be hard for one to estimate the exact number of successful applicants.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Arobee24: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hello house my interview was today, I was not given but my case is a bit different cos I was once a Canadian citizen but my citizenship was revoked and has entered US many times so I have to tell them the truth. My story
Vo. gud afternoon
Me. afternoon
Vo. Passport pls
Me. Give it to him
Vo. Y r u going to US
Me. I was invited by MATS for seminar and trucking show
Vo. Gud, Hw is that related to ur job
Me. I told him that am into oil and gas and that I have gas station, that I want to use this opportunity to meet with truck and trailers manufacturers cos there is a need for my company to upgrade our trucks and I was in the US in March 2014 for same trucking show
Vo. He was trying for so long and he move to call another Vo on other counter both of them started talking and looking the computer viewing my Nig passport for abt two to three minutes, that one returned to his counter then he ask me Wht happens to my Canadian passport I told him, he ask if am married I said yes he ask if my wife has visited US before I said no and if I have a child in the US I said no. Same time he was typing.
Vo. Hw long have u marry ur wife?
Me. 11yrs and 2months
Vo. Typing for so long and then took my passport flip and flip and put it on the blue form and return them to me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Whytelyon:

Did u tell them what you do for a Living? And state your salary income? If you run your own Business, did you show your CAC Certificate?

US embassy hardly care for documents. Why? Because documents can be faked. So the DS-160 form is the precursor and the interview is the final piece to confirm what they would have made of the person and the reasoning behind the applicants need for a visa to the states. So prepare your form as well as you can, truthfully but most importantly prepare for the interview even better by knowing what information is on your form, your travel dates, your places of visit, your employment status (responsibilities, salary, experience, career prospects) etc. Be confident and answer questions with facts and to the point. Don't act panicky, sad, desperate or try to embarrass the VO.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
hajidel:

US embassy hardly care for documents. Why? Because documents can be faked. So the DS-160 form is the precursor and the interview is the final piece to confirm what they would have made of the person and the reasoning behind the applicants need for a visa to the states. So prepare your form as well as you can, truthfully but most importantly prepare for the interview even better by knowing what information is on your form, your travel dates, your places of visit, your employment status (responsibilities, salary, experience, career prospects) etc. Be confident and answer questions with facts and to the point. Don't act panicky, sad, desperate or try to embarrass the VO.

Well i mentioned those because i felt he just needs to understand documentation one way or the other helps, yes it can be faked, but at least if he has that , like someone said on here , make sure that everything matches. hence the questions am asking.
Thanks further for your assistance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
mrvocalprowess:
over 70 people were denied Visa yesterday. only 3 got that i saw. Two old people and 1 young girl.

they just asked like 2 questions most times. nawa.

my blue slip said I don't have enough ties.

You really tried o, were you counting them?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by edimalo(m): 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
Whytelyon:

Did u tell them what you do for a Living? And state your salary income? If you run your own Business, did you show your CAC Certificate?

I did and even had a letter from my employer

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
edimalo:

Maybe they were not too convinced. did they state what their anger was? on the Blue Paper?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
Whytelyon:

Maybe they were not too convinced. did they state what their anger was? on the Blue Paper?

If he showed his CAC Certificate ni? Are you preparing for an interview with them? It will do you a lot of good to sit yourself down and go through this thread for yourself in preparation instead of these lines of questioning adopted.... State anger kwa? Just to satisfy your curiosity, It's always in that refusal paper given though, almost same paper/content for everybody it is given to. And I bet it confuses you the more once you are given cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
edimalo:

They probably didn't even look at that letter from the employer.

If you are employed, dress to the interview in an attire you would use with your employer. E.g. If you are a waiter, dress like one to an interview; If you are a flight attendant, dress as one to the interview. Also display your work badge or name tag these alone can speak a lot for you without you even uttering a word.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
OmoBendel24:

If he showed his CAC Certificate ni? Are you preparing for an interview with them? It will do you a lot of good to sit yourself down and go through this thread for yourself in preparation instead of these lines of questioning adopted.... State anger kwa? Just to satisfy your curiosity, It's always in that refusal paper given though, almost same paper/content for everybody it is given to. And I bet it confuses you the more once you are given cheesy

If you know , you know.. Make person day learn for Future na. which one u day sef... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Chacha22:
Hi guys, so I got my visa approved yesterday.

I stumbled on this thread few days ago when I was googling possible interview questions. You guys are doing a great job..kudos to everyone

A few pointers: Act confidently. Even if you feel you flooped a particular question just carry on. Look at the V:O in the face while answering questions. ( not stare down ooh) Be sincere and truthfull in your application. Dont try to play smart with them. I have a feeling they have been trained to detect any form of deceit. Above all no matter how awkward your situation may sound, state it as it is.

I am excited for my vacation. I will buy choco for you guys on my way back. �

Good news

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

You really tried o, were you counting them?

yes. that place you sit before going into the other building, each row has ten seats and the first half has 7 rows. that's approximately 70 people... and part of the other half was filled too.

so....? i counted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:33am On Oct 11, 2018
mrvocalprowess:

yes. that place you sit before going into the other building, each row has ten seats and the first half has 7 rows. that's approximately 70 people... and part of the other half was filled too.

so....? i counted.

Did you count them when they left the interview building to know only 3 people were issued visa at a particular time frame? No pun intended.. am only surprised the way you stated it authoritatively.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2018
mrvocalprowess:

so....? i counted.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully,you have your visa approved next time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

Did you count them when they left the interview building to know only 3 people were issued visa at a particular time frame? No pun intended.. am only surprised the way you stated it authoritatively.

nooo. don't get me wrong. i said i only saw three people that got Visa, not that they gave only 3 people visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2018
RefKing:

Thanks for the info. Hopefully,you have your visa approved next time.
hopefully!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2018
Donmatlock:

Yes, traditional wear is cool. Just be simple and smart. They aren't really looking at your clothing. Funny enough, 90% of Nigerians I saw inside the interview hall were dressed in formal wears but all the Visa Officers were beautifully dressed in Nigeria traditional attire! grin
for an F-1 student visa applicant (MBA), is senator kind of dressing ideal to put on to the US embassy for interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kobobay(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2018
My questions are:

Can I opt for interview instead of Dropbox? I have used my visa two times, and it has recently expired. But now I want to travel with my wife and kids, and i want to attend interview with them.

Do I have to create the Ustravel profile for each applicant or I can use my account for them?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2018
kobobay:
My questions are:

Can I opt for interview instead of Dropbox? I have used my visa two times, and it has recently expired. But now I want to travel with my wife and kids, and i want to attend interview with them.

Do I have to create the Ustravel profile for each applicant or I can use my account for them?

Thank you.

I'd suggest you renew your visa via Dropbox and give it to them when going for their interview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2018
Enasdan:
if the date of last interviewed was July the next available date is in December making it 5 months, should I choose previously denied in the last two months or choose regular, thanks for your swift responses
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by joshyjags: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2018
prettyynx:
Male
No travel experience
A caterer that barely earns 150k a month
Single

Any logical chance of him getting a tourist visa ?

i have the same pain here bro,was denied yesterday too. i had no travel experience, no friends?family in the us.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jojogirlx: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2018
please anyone or everyone i need advice oh! My international passport is expired and i got married in 2010 feb nd did change of name, in July 2010. so my most recent documents and even work place docs bears my marital name(husband's last name).i just went to the immigration office last month nd renewd my passport with my maiden name not CHANGE OF NAME. Now i want to apply for a US visa nd the agent am trying to use is telling me it would mare my chances. That i recently got a new passport nd yet i changed name since 2010. pls someone advice me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
johnpoko:
good day guys. I have a question please. MY friend completed his DS-160 form. HE filled that he is travelling by JANUARY 11 2019 to return early FEBRUARY 2019. after submitting the form, he went to book appointment at Lagos and the first available date was February 6th and he chose it and submitted. Will that affect him. Advise please
CAN SOMEONE KINDLY REPLY ME?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
Arobee24:
Hello house my interview was today, I was not given but my case is a bit different cos I was once a Canadian citizen but my citizenship was revoked and has entered US many times so I have to tell them the truth. My story
Vo. gud afternoon
Me. afternoon
Vo. Passport pls
Me. Give it to him
Vo. Y r u going to US
Me. I was invited by MATS for seminar and trucking show
Vo. Gud, Hw is that related to ur job
Me. I told him that am into oil and gas and that I have gas station, that I want to use this opportunity to meet with truck and trailers manufacturers cos there is a need for my company to upgrade our trucks and I was in the US in March 2014 for same trucking show
Vo. He was trying for so long and he move to call another Vo on other counter both of them started talking and looking the computer viewing my Nig passport for abt two to three minutes, that one returned to his counter then he ask me Wht happens to my Canadian passport I told him, he ask if am married I said yes he ask if my wife has visited US before I said no and if I have a child in the US I said no. Same time he was typing.
Vo. Hw long have u marry ur wife?
Me. 11yrs and 2months
Vo. Typing for so long and then took my passport flip and flip and put it on the blue form and return them to me

In regard with the bolded, did you have to volunteer this info?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

In regard with the bolded, did you have to volunteer this info?

He didn't have to volunteer the info but if they find out, then its game over and 10 year ban for material fact misrepresentation.

That being said, the question you asked is going through the VOs minds as much as ours. Why did they have to revoke his Canadian citizenship?
Big question mark!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
hajidel:

He didn't have to volunteer the info but if they find out, then its game over and 10 year ban for material fact misrepresentation.

That being said, the question you asked is going through the VOs minds as much as ours. Why did they have to revoke his Canadian citizenshi p?
Big question mark!

Most likely scenario was that he was a permanent resident of Canada but was living and working in Nigeria. And when he applied for Canadian citizenship he misled the government by indicating he had lived 3 straight years in Canada. Then after that the Canadian government discovered his deceit and revoked his citizenship. This is the common reason many people have lost their citizenship in Canada.

Less likely scenario, he is a terrorist

Then again he can tell us what happened even though it is none of our business

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

Most likely scenario was that he was a permanent resident of Canada but was living and working in Nigeria. And when he applied for Canadian citizenship he misled the government by indicating he had lived 3 straight years in Canada. Then after that the Canadian government discovered his deceit and revoked his citizenship. This is the common reason many people have lost their citizenship in Canada.

Less likely scenario, he is a terrorist

Then again he can tell us what happened even though it is none of our business

It is very tough to revoke citizenship; That will be the state against the Immigration Services. The second scenario is one of those very likely. And most reasons they will revoke your citizenship will automatically make you ineligible for receiving a visa especially US visa because it will be considered Crime Involving Moral Turpitude (CIMT).

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
hajidel:

It is very tough to revoke citizenship; That will be the state against the Immigration Services. The second scenario is one of those very likely. And most reasons they will revoke your citizenship will automatically make you ineligible for receiving a visa especially US visa because it will be considered Crime Involving Moral Turpitude (CIMT).

In Canada it has been happening a lot. People , especially Asians, have lost their Canadian citizenship because they provided misleading info on citizenship applications with respect to the amount of time spent in Canada before becoming a citizen.

As I said it is very unlikely Arobee24 is a terrorist given that the most common ground for citizenship revocation in Canada has been the use of misleading info on the citizenship application

He was most likely living and working in Nigeria while he was a permanent resident of Canada instead of living in Canada.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
Grounds for revoking citizenship

Canadian law allows for revocation in certain circumstances. Subsections 10(1) and 10.1(1) of the Citizenship Act provide that a person’s citizenship or renunciation of citizenship may be revoked if the person obtains, retains, renounces, or resumes citizenship by

false representation;
fraud; or
knowingly concealing material circumstances.

Citizenship may also be revoked if a person (who is a dual citizen), before or after the coming into force of subsections 10(2) and 10.1(2) and while the person was a Canadian citizen,

was convicted of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences, depending on the sentence received; or
served as a member of an armed force of a country or as a member of an organized armed group and that country or group was engaged in armed conflict with Canada.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
hajidel:

They probably didn't even look at that letter from the employer.

If you are employed, dress to the interview in an attire you would use with your employer. E.g. If you are a waiter, dress like one to an interview; If you are a flight attendant, dress as one to the interview. Also display your work badge or name tag these alone can speak a lot for you without you even uttering a word.

you were getting it right till you mentioned work badge/ID
i see people with that at the embassy, and i cringe!.
nothing screams deperation that going with your work ID n over dressing, like some folks you see in stuffysuits, looking so stuffy and out of place grin grin, unless u r a banker, i dont see any need for suits, even sef..a simple trouser n shirt with tie is still ok for bankers

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
Let me thank the person who started this group and all contributors. I discovered here when searching for like interview questions and requirements.
Today, I picked up my Passport and Visa and hopefully should be in the U.S next week.

I attended two interviews within a month. The first interview went well but I was out on AP and later asked to red,hedule. God, how do I find another schedule. I went for emergency, stating that my conference is close and I need a decision. I almost have up because I read somewhere that such A P may be a sign of refusal. Yet, I prayed and cAlled until, my emergency appointment was approved. 6:30am . Nigerians where already waiting even those for 9am. This time I was over confident because I knew the first time I did well with conversation and the VO in booth 9 and later 15 was opened. He knew my area. In this second round, I inserted an ID card which made him issue me white paper immediately. As I stepped out with tears in my heart, many in the hall started congratulating me, even three families that got rejected on my line.

First Interview.
V.O: Hello, please what is your name
Me: Replied
'VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: You have a child?
'ME: No, we are yet to wed in the church
VO: when did you start your company
ME: January 2017
VO: Tell me what you really do there?:
ME: We are a startup, providing services for AMEs. Partnering with other tech firms, like the conference attending. The train ing would help us add value and give us opportunity to become a global brand with opportunities for young people.
VO:Do you code
ME Not really, I am the CEO but I do HTML
VO: Let me have one passport photograph.
GO
ME
VO
ME

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.