Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176687 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lucas204: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2018
please house whats the earliest interview date as at now.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 12:44am On Oct 10, 2018
Kayla2:
I’m actually aware of d wedding,which I will be there myself,but I guesss the brides sis want to make money out of it, the bride I knw is a medical doc and I knw her wedding is in April, so my cousin want to use the opportunity, the bride agreed to send her the wedding invitation though, but I don’t know the info required

What kind of rubbish IV is that?

Tell your 'cousin' not to fake any info or document.

The way this USA excites people and makes them lose their mind is hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timbid: 1:51am On Oct 10, 2018
Good day people, please has anyone being to USA embassy or consulate recently? Please let hear your testimony
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 4:11am On Oct 10, 2018
seyewest:

None at all.
thanks bruh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by komia: 5:49am On Oct 10, 2018
Why is this Nigerians obsession with foreign countries.? Now flocking in droves to East Africa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bbclue(f): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2018
Lucas204:
please house whats the earliest interview date as at now.
thanks

There are interview date from February 1st......but mostly are afternoon time.....I was able to booked for February 19th .....7am
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timbid: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house,
I filled my Ds160 last month September, I picked Lagos while filling it, but I couldn't get a favorable date while I wanna book my visa appointment.
I filled and submitted another Ds160 and I picked Abuja for the interview.

My question is -
Do I need to notify Lagos Consulate that my Ds160 submitted earlier in there data should be ignored?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boneruns(m): 10:06am On Oct 10, 2018
timbid:
Good day people, please has anyone being to USA embassy or consulate recently? Please let hear your testimony

I was there this morning, and I was given a blue paper. I also didn't see anyone whose visa approved even though they have travelled before.

I do not have any intention to elope in the US- I only intended to attend to work related training as I was nominated by my employer.

No document was even request by me. My case could be that I don't have travel history, not married nor have a child.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
My interview with my mum is next week Friday and i’m not eager to attend because of the high increase in rejection. My mum and I have been invited by my Aunt and only sis whom we’ve not seen in years for visiting. I have strong ties here in Nigeria with a good job, my personal business and my masters which is still in view. My mum is retired but has a temporary job with the judiciary for retirees. I don’t mind if i’m given a blue paper but I really want my mum to be issued a visa just to see my sister. I have travelled to some African countries but my mum hasn’t travelled before. Do you think we have a chance to be issued a visa, especially my mum
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peacengine(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
First timers, if you value your money postpone your visa application until after 2019 election but if you're loaded, try your luc grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by edimalo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
I had my interview today. Blue paper was given to me and everyone that I saw and went with.

My wife and son couldn't enter as they had issues with barcode.

How best can this barcode be solved. There were told to reschedule. Does this mean a date is possible this month for them.

Expecting responses please.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
edimalo:
I had my interview today. Blue paper was given to me and everyone that I saw and went with.

My wife and son couldn't enter as they had issues with barcode.

How best can this barcode be solved. There were told to reschedule. Does this mean a date is possible this month for them.

Expecting responses please.

Why were you given a Blue paper?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Christians shouldn't practice polygamy, the VO knows this
Christians aren't supposed to practice same sex marriage, but quite a number of states in the US do.

undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
sugah:

Christians aren't supposed to practice same sex marriage, but quite a number of states in the US do.

undecided undecided

Wow cheesy! Technical point for comparison there. Thumbs up Sis.... What is good for the goose ought to be good for the gander oh! But na dem hold get yam, na dem get knife. #Toh

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
peejay03:
My interview with my mum is next week Friday and i’m not eager to attend because of the high increase in rejection. My mum and I have been invited by my Aunt and only sis whom we’ve not seen in years for visiting. I have strong ties here in Nigeria with a good job, my personal business and my masters which is still in view. My mum is retired but has a temporary job with the judiciary for retirees. I don’t mind if i’m given a blue paper but I really want my mum to be issued a visa just to see my sister. I have travelled to some African countries but my mum hasn’t travelled before. Do you think we have a chance to be issued a visa, especially my mum

They rejected others , doesnt mean they'd reject you. Head no be the same. I'd say its not the paper work US follows 100% (Judging from what I see in these videos), its Prayer, first and the questions and the way you answer them. If you are going to answer them, Let whatever you tell them,match with your documents. Have a Letter of introduction, and if you have a Registered Business have your CAC Certificate and Bank Statements all in your name to match.

I have been watching several videos on Youtube here in the office, for the past 5 days now. Asides being some sort-of Uniform questions they ask in different ways, They would just ask it to scare you, when you fall for it, You get a denial (Both for F-1 and B1/B2) As though, You dont know what you saying. For instance, one of the interviewers asked someone who was going for a business why he was going and where he was going to, its supposed to be understood that he knows the Address, he just told the man he didnt know the Address and he was denied visa on the grounds, he didnt know where he was going and he didnt give them enough evidence - So you see, its basically how you answer them.

Sometimes its always best you use documents that Makes a whole lot of sense, like you going for a conference or some study (Short study) And have the company back you up with their Bank statements. When they see the company details, And their (The company's) Bank Statements, the rest of the questions would be milder as they see you have strong ties to your home country... and they are financing your trip grin My thinking tho...

Sometimes they'd ask you, why would I give you two days when the conference is just 2 days. They are expecting that you would come up with something like ..."I plan on going to see a family member, probably after the business / conference for sometime...." You know say Nigeria, we sharp... we go wan lie... and in the process we no go talk Lie way sweet.. before you know, Blue Paper go follow us comot Walter Carrington.

Those Oyibo V.O just day use psychology day deal with us for here.

Just calm down and learn how to answer your Questions. Thats what i'd say.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
sugah:

undecided undecided

I know a few churches that approve gay marriage but which church approves polygamy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Cele church

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I know a few churches that approve gay marriage but which church approves polygamy?
You do know that Christianity as it is is a borrowed culture that doesn't regard our own African culture, right? Polygamy isn't a crime in our culture, the fact that our borrowed culture of Christianity doesn't recognize it doesn't make it a crime.

The church of the old recognized polygamy...king Solomon et al, but can you point to anywhere in the Bible where gay marriage was recognized?
Leave the Bible sef, which do you think is more morally wrong?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
sugah:

You do know that Christianity as it is is a borrowed culture that doesn't regard our own African culture, right? Polygamy isn't a crime in our culture, the fact that our borrowed culture of Christianity doesn't recognize it doesn't make it a crime.

The church of the old recognized polygamy...king Solomon et al, but can you point to anywhere in the Bible where gay marriage was recognized?
Leave the Bible sef, which do you think is more morally wrong?

One can't serve God and idol at the same time. Those who practice the two are only deceiving themselves. Back to the issue, the VO will not understand why she's supposed to be wedded in the Church or court as a second wife, both institutions won't agree to it except there's evidence of divorce but she can tender her traditional marriage pictures or certificate if available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thanks so so much. You just boosted my confidence the more. Will go along with all necessary documents and will lift my head up high irrespective of the outcome of the day.

Cheers. smiley
Obernix:

They rejected others , doesnt mean they'd reject you. Head no be the same. I'd say its not the paper work US follows 100% (Judging from what I see in these videos), its Prayer, first and the questions and the way you answer them. If you are going to answer them, Let whatever you tell them,match with your documents. Have a Letter of introduction, and if you have a Registered Business have your CAC Certificate and Bank Statements all in your name to match.

I have been watching several videos on Youtube here in the office, for the past 5 days now. Asides being some sort-of Uniform questions they ask in different ways, They would just ask it to scare you, when you fall for it, You get a denial (Both for F-1 and B1/B2) As though, You dont know what you saying. For instance, one of the interviewers asked someone who was going for a business why he was going and where he was going to, its supposed to be understood that he knows the Address, he just told the man he didnt know the Address and he was denied visa on the grounds, he didnt know where he was going and he didnt give them enough evidence - So you see, its basically how you answer them.

Sometimes its always best you use documents that Makes a whole lot of sense, like you going for a conference or some study (Short study) And have the company back you up with their Bank statements. When they see the company details, And their (The company's) Bank Statements, the rest of the questions would be milder as they see you have strong ties to your home country... and they are financing your trip grin My thinking tho...

Sometimes they'd ask you, why would I give you two days when the conference is just 2 days. They are expecting that you would come up with something like ..."I plan on going to see a family member, probably after the business / conference for sometime...." You know say Nigeria, we sharp... we go wan lie... and in the process we no go talk Lie way sweet.. before you know, Blue Paper go follow us comot Walter Carrington.

Those Oyibo V.O just day use psychology day deal with us for here.

Just calm down and learn how to answer your Questions. Thats what i'd say.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
peejay03:
Thanks so so much. You just boosted my confidence the more. Will go along with all necessary documents and will lift my head up high irrespective of the outcome of the day.

Cheers. smiley

Anytime Fam, just go on YouTube. There are tons and tons of Videos you can watch, is it B1/B2 You applying for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
It’s B1/B2. Will surely check out the videos on YT. Thanks.
Obernix:

Anytime Fam, just go on YouTube. There are tons and tons of Videos you can watch, is it B1/B2 You applying for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obernix: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
peejay03:
It’s B1/B2. Will surely check out the videos on YT. Thanks.

You welcome nna m
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bbclue(f): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
Please what is the meaning of

Time: 7.15am (27)......that is what I saw on my appointment letter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by damsy01(m): 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
bbclue:
Please what is the meaning of

Time: 7.15am (27)......that is what I saw on my appointment letter
Meaning your interview is scheduled for 7:15am and you are the 27th person scheduled for the 7:15am

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by edimalo(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
Obernix:

Why were you given a Blue paper?

I dont know why. I answered all questions to the best of my ability.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by comsatellite: 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
For a group visa appointment, mum and son having their interview together, are we to print separate appointment confirmations or 1 will cover for both of us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
comsatellite:
For a group visa appointment, mum and son having their interview together, are we to print separate appointment confirmations or 1 will cover for both of us.

One would suffice, the one from the principal applicant's account....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hi guys, so I got my visa approved yesterday.

I stumbled on this thread few days ago when I was googling possible interview questions. You guys are doing a great job..kudos to everyone

I got to the embassy and went through all the initial checks. It was my first time, so I thought every check was the last. Hahahaha. Anyway find my transcript below.
Brief background: I am a single lady in her late twenties. (downside). I studied in an EU country (possible upside)

V.O :good morning
Me :good morning
V.O: What do you do?
Me(heard how do you do) I am fine thank you
V.O (Looks up and repeats the question)
Me (Screams Chai in my head and immediately composes myself ) I Teach at ### Uni. And i will like to add that I got a consultancy job after filling the DS160 form. My new income......
V.O (Interrupts) What do you teach?
Me: Xx, XX, xx and Xx
V.O: so where are you travelling to
Me: I actually want to go to city Xyz for a short vacation
V.O: do you know anyone in usa.
Me: No I don't.
V.O why city Xyz in particular?
Me: my sister visited years back for an award ceremony and had so many nice things to say about the city. I was supposed to travel with her but my parents refused and promised to sponsor the trip at another time.
V.O: (short giggle) So your father is sponsoring the trip now?
Me :Yes. (Ps: I stated this in my application. A friend told me it was a red flag because I earn well. But I went ahead because it was the truth)
V.O: what does your father do
ME: he is a ##### in #####
V.O how many siblings do you have
ME: I have ## sisters and ##brothers
V.O :where is your sister that went on vacation in ### year now
Me: she is studying at #####
V:O: so you mean you dont know anyone in the usa.
MEsad AT this point my mind did a 360, because she asked as if she just saw someone on her computer that said he/she knows me. ) No I dont know anyone personally in the USA.
V.O: how long do you intend to stay.
Me: 5 days, unfortunately thats all my annual leave can permit me at this time.
V.O I will hold your passport back (hands me a white form) You will receive a notification once its ready for pickup.
Me: Thank you very much. (picks the white form puts it in a folder and walks away).

I wasnt asked for any document except my passport which she looked at thoroughly.

A few pointers: Act confidently. Even if you feel you flooped a particular question just carry on. Look at the V:O in the face while answering questions. ( not stare down ooh) Be sincere and truthfull in your application. Dont try to play smart with them. I have a feeling they have been trained to detect any form of deceit. Above all no matter how awkward your situation may sound, state it as it is.

I am excited for my vacation. I will buy choco for you guys on my way back. �

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bbclue(f): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
damsy01:

Meaning your interview is scheduled for 7:15am and you are the 27th person scheduled for the 7:15am

Thanks........and one more last questions.....please am into business.....and in my salary aspect of ds160 form......I was hoping not to fill any amount there....but I know what to say.........is it right for me to leave it blank or not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
over 70 people were denied Visa yesterday. only 3 got that i saw. Two old people and 1 young girl.

they just asked like 2 questions most times. nawa.

my blue slip said I don't have enough ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
edimalo:

I dont know why. I answered all questions to the best of my ability.

Did u tell them what you do for a Living? And state your salary income? If you run your own Business, did you show your CAC Certificate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.