Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173960 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:23am On Mar 01, 2019
icanfixitmyself:
Hi everyone & I hail all the gurus in the house, I & my family (family of 3) appeared for our b1/b2 interview yesterday and it went thus:
Vo (polite lady) : good morning
We: good morning (chorus)
Vo: passports
Me: slide in passports
Vo: why a you going to america
Me:...for our annual vacation...
Vo: where do u work
Me: I work wit Co xyz as blabla (my post)
Vo: what do u do (to my wife)
Wife: answered wit even more confidence than I did
Vo: have u traveled out of nig before (still focus on my wife)
At this point when my wife started highlighting country we've bn together as family and other countries she's been to for trainings the VO stopped her & asked one of the staffs (a guy) to lead us to the next counter & told him she had interviewed us...fast forward to d next counter
Vo(a guy with earphone on his ears): good morning
Wife&I: good morning
Vo: passport please
Wife: handed them over
Vo: typing for almost 2mins without asking us anytin (at this point my anxiety level had gone up)....
Vo: why are u going to america
Me: we are going 4our annual vacation &...
Vo: have u traveled out of nig b4
Me: told him where we've bn to together...wife also came in to defend countries she's been to for trainings (wife later told me I wasn't answering wit. Confidence enough & that was why she had to step up to d occasion)
Vo: returned all our confirmation pages printout & held onto our passport typing for almost 2-3mins (I'm sure pple behind must av bn wondering wat was going on)
Vo: brought blue paper wit their sorry msg& now returned our passports embarassed
Notice of the day:
1. I've never seen nor heard this b4 I mean move 4rm one counter to another
2. The VO.1 (d lady) had enough blue papers (denial papers) on her desk which she has been denying pple with but not a single white one (approval paper) was sighted.
3. Vo.2 typing for almost 2mins without putting a question tru to us... (though we blv d Lady must av communicated with him abt us, just our belief...)

PLEASE HOUSE WHAT DO THINK WENT WRONG?

My guess is that this isn’t the first US visa refusal for one, some or all of you which should be the reason the first VO likely moved you guys to another, because she can’t interview you (one, some or all of your family members) again having refused your (one, some or all of your family members) application in a previous interview.

And yes too, it seems something is fishy about and wrong with your (one, some or all of your family members) travel history and you guys keep insisting where they are no fools, so it seems.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Neeta02(f): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2019
Neeta02:
Hello house. Please when going for interview @ the embassy what kind of passport photograph is used, & how many copies?
I need response please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Very good suggestions.

An to add to it...with such a complicated situation with what she has narrated it will be advisable for her to be on ground in Naija to attend her daughter's visa interview.

Exactly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Lovesexy:
My dear I don'tknow I will try again for her or is two weeks too soon and the dates am seeing now is in May.

Just maybe if you have the fund and time to spare, apply for UK visa for her and let her travel to UK via Dubai when she returns from the UK, she can apply for US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2019
GENTLENNAJI:
thank u sir, for your consistent response to my posts. what if I missed my 10:00 am appointment and I go 7:00 pm?

Nice one... The staff will wait for you, you know they won't be fulfilled without interviewing you... you can go around 10pm self... wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:47am On Mar 01, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

my appointment time is 1:45pm next week Monday, at Lagos Embassy, does that mean I can also get there 10am and I would be interviewed?

Thanks in anticipation.

I don't know about Lagos and what I know is that even if your interview is 10am get to the Embassy before 7am.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:50am On Mar 01, 2019
Ceemat:
Help me check this FORM IT WAS SENT BY MY EMPLOYER FOR ME TO FILL AND RETURN IT BACK TO THEM.

This form is old skool... I wondered why they didn't allow you fill the form directly from the sites.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ceemat: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2019
seyewest:

This form is old skool... I wondered why they didn't allow you fill the form directly from the sites.
lol they said I should fill and scan it before sending.... The form is in PDF but what you see here is the screenshot... Even though it is in PDF I cannot still fill it directly from my phone. I need more advice before I supply my info cus scam is everywhere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2019
Lovesexy:
Last year she went to Abujaand this year she went to Lagos. Is it advisable switching embassies like that.

Let her apply with her Husband this time around even though he's not interested in traveling.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 10:05am On Mar 01, 2019
Ceemat:
lol they said I should fill and scan it before sending.... The form is in PDF but what you see here is the screenshot... Even though it is in PDF I cannot still fill it directly from my phone. I need more advice before I supply my info cus scam is everywhere.

Bro wake up...this is scam. Happened to my friend and thereafter you will be told to pay for hotel reservation at Cameroon.

Maybe I'm wrong but wake up still
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:05am On Mar 01, 2019
icanfixitmyself:
Hi everyone & I hail all the gurus in the house, I & my family (family of 3) appeared for our b1/b2 interview yesterday and it went thus:
At this point when my wife started highlighting country we've bn together as family and other countries she's been to for trainings the VO stopped her & asked one of the staffs (a guy) to lead us to the next counter & told him she had interviewed us...fast forward to d next counter
Vo: typing for almost 2mins without asking us anytin (at this point my anxiety level had gone up)....
Me: told him where we've bn to together...wife also came in to defend countries she's been to for trainings (wife later told me I wasn't answering wit. Confidence enough & that was why she had to step up to d occasion)
Vo: returned all our confirmation pages printout & held onto our passport typing for almost 2-3mins (I'm sure pple behind must av bn wondering wat was going on)
Vo: brought blue paper wit their sorry msg& now returned our passports embarassed
Notice of the day:
2. The VO.1 (d lady) had enough blue papers (denial papers) on her desk which she has been denying pple with but not a single white one (approval paper) was sighted.
3. Vo.2 typing for almost 2mins without putting a question tru to us... (though we blv d Lady must av communicated with him abt us, just our belief...)

I think you've been denied U.S Visa before and most time, the V.O that refused your previous application will direct you to another V.O (for fair hearing) I've you traveled out of Africa before?
I wish you applied with your husband and use the children as "ties" or you applied with the kids and leave your husband behind.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sholsy: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2019
Of course this is a public forum and that's why you need to get your facts right and not just follow the band wagon.

seyewest:

I don't know what you're talking about because I'm not even ready to go back and look for it... what name do you call WRONG? Bad? Untrue? Incorrect? Inaccurate? etc

This is a public forum, if I insult you or anyone I will apologize (I have no reason to insult anyway) but if it's a situation where we should call a spade a spade, I will call it ooooo... This is not a church I beg.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:14am On Mar 01, 2019
Neeta02:
I need response please

Check online through the US Embassy Nigeria portal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:16am On Mar 01, 2019
Ceemat:

You said your employer sent it to you and I doubt your employer will want to scam you, this is directly from an agent and why will you want to fill a sensitive form through your phone, you can always use your desktop/laptop in the office except you're hiding something from us.

P.S just went through your profile on NL and I realized you're based in UAE and that form is not from your employer but from an agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2019
seyewest:

I think you've been denied U.S Visa before and most time, the V.O that refused your previous application will direct you to another V.O (for fair hearing) I've you traveled out of Africa before?
I wish you applied with your husband and use the children as "ties" or you applied with the kids and leave your husband behind.

Bro, you still dont get the gist. its the wife interfering when the husband is talking. I think the wife might have said something that makes the VO refuse them. Maybe not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:24am On Mar 01, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Bro, you still dont get the gist. its the wife interfering when the husband is talking. I think the wife might have said something that makes the VO refuse them. Maybe not.

No she has not done anything wrong, V.O are professional, as far as I can see, the V.O sees the applicants as a potential immigrant.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2019
sholsy:
Of course this is a public forum and that's why you need to get your facts right and not just follow the band wagon.

You still don't get it, I have no idea of what you're talking about... show me or quote me what the issue is all about.

P.S

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chloe00: 9:33am On Feb 23

sholsy:
You are good. You won't be called for an interview except you provided some conflicting information on your new DS form from the previous one. It is not compulsory you used your visa before it expires so you can go ahead and apply via Dropbox.

This is wrong information please

Is this what you're worried or angry about? What you said was wrong/incorrect/untrue once again, if you don't use your visa at all you will not be eligible for dropbox instead you will be called for interview and invitation for interview is now random even for those without issue.
Please free me jare, it's too early for this, hope you're tackling Chloe the way you're coming for me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 10:52am On Mar 01, 2019
Nothing to feel serious about....

The first VO has interviewed one or Both of you before, and probably rejected it.

Secondly, Did he ask for what you do and how much you earn? (he may have seen it as illogical of a trip to spend so much)

You didnt name the countries that your wife has been insisting on that you guys went to (are the stamps of this countries on that very passport you handed the VO?)

There are cases where you say you have been to a country and it is only on the older passport that you submitted, maybe you guys have done a renewal of passport, more likely , you guys may have clashed in explanation...take for Instance Husband said "rwanda" and wife said "kigali"...
though both are correct but it sounds confusing unless he tries to make a meaning out of it and like you know they hardly stress their brains.

Apply again, this time, let one person stand slightly behind the other and only answer when asked or if the VO wants a confirmation from you.

N.B Most of this countries people shout that they have been to are mostly Dubai, Zimbabwe , Angola, Ghana, when you tell a VO that you have been to germany, spain and Australia,... The respect is right there on their faces, Immigrants can't leave Australia to go to USA, that is when you hear them ask you to tell them about your trip to those places.

Just apply again.

icanfixitmyself:
Notice of the day:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2019
vibrant99:
Nothing to feel serious about....

The first VO has interviewed one or Both of you before, and probably rejected it.

Secondly, Did he ask for what you do and how much you earn? (he may have seen it as illogical of a trip to spend so much)

You didnt name the countries that your wife has been insisting on that you guys went to (are the stamps of this countries on that very passport you handed the VO?)

There are cases where you say you have been to a country and it is only on the older passport that you submitted, maybe you guys have done a renewal of passport, more likely , you guys may have clashed in explanation...take for Instance Husband said "rwanda" and wife said "kigali"...
though both are correct but it sounds confusing unless he tries to make a meaning out of it and like you know they hardly stress their brains.

Apply again, this time, let one person stand slightly behind the other and only answer when asked or if the VO wants a confirmation from you.

N.B Most of this countries people shout that they have been to are mostly Dubai, Zimbabwe , Angola, Ghana, when you tell a VO that you have been to germany, spain and Australia,... The respect is right there on their faces, Immigrants can't leave Australia to go to USA, that is when you hear them ask you to tell them about your trip to those places.

Just apply again.

You're making a lot of sense jare...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2019
seyewest:

You still don't get it, I have no idea of what you're talking about... show me or quote me what the issue is all about.

P.S

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chloe00: 9:33am On Feb 23

sholsy:
You are good. You won't be called for an interview except you provided some conflicting information on your new DS form from the previous one. It is not compulsory you used your visa before it expires so you can go ahead and apply via Dropbox.

This is wrong information please

Is this what you're worried or angry about? What you said was wrong/incorrect/untrue once again, if you don't use your visa at all you will not be eligible for dropbox instead you will be called for interview and invitation for interview is now random even for those without issue.
Please free me jare, it's too early for this, hope you're tackling Chloe the way you're coming for me.

Lmao � please o it’s too early in the morning
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
seyewest:

You're making a lot of sense jare...

Yeah, sense made there. The only one I need to be clear on is if this said travel history is genuine. I remember one of the VOs once informed here on Nairaland that they will never put/share a US visa on a passport that carries a confirmed fake visa sticker or travel stamp, I remember.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GENTLENNAJI(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
seyewest:

Nice one... The staff will wait for you, you know they won't be fulfilled without interviewing you... you can go around 10pm self... wink
boss calm down, nah your boy oh... for this my interview I no wan miss anything oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, sense made there. The only one I need to be clear on is if this said travel history is genuine. I remember one of the VOs once informed here on Nairaland that they will never put/share a US visa on a passport that carries a confirmed fake visa sticker or travel stamp, I remember.

Another angle...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
GENTLENNAJI:
boss calm down, nah your boy oh... for this my interview I no wan miss anything oh

Why are you asking if you can go to the Embassy by 7pm, does that even make sense at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
vibrant99:
I will tell you something...

The Visa is completely on your answers and application (DS-160), Your composure. If you used an agent, make sure he gives you a copy of what he filled in your DS-160 form, so that your answers are in tandem to the filled.

Be positive, ...
Have a good reason to give for having to travel for Just graduation, a Man once jokingly said "America is a great country that's why he wants to visit'. Don't sound like everyone when asked a question that require some affluence of your mind.
Don't answer with too much words unless you have to explain.

Ok thanks.. Please my Uncle that's inviting don't share same maternal or pertanal surname with me hope this wont be an issue?

Also what process should i expect once i reach the US embassy Abuja?
My interview is 7:30am which means i have to be there like 6:30am.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Expect...

-Why are you going to US?
-What are you doing in Nigeria?
-what is your relationship with the person.
-where have you travel to ursef before?
-how long are you staying?
-what will you be doing?

The truth is that, they will give you.

abiolagenius:

Ok thanks.. Please my Uncle that's inviting don share same maternal or pertanal surname with me hope this wont be an issue?

Also what process should i expect once i reach the US embassy Abuja?
My interview is 7:30am which means i have to be there like 6:30am.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nine11: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
Please I will like to ask questions further on this please,
For somebody who has got wrong information on a DS-160 form made for him by an agent, such as marriage certificate info, and now has lost the agent contact and has lost the info of the ds-160 form, and visa was denied then 5 years a go, can one open another form ds-160 with the correct information slightly different from the old one, and may be inform them of the new ds-160, won't the embassy still draw information from the old one to pass their judgement? Though the passport used then has expired and what he has now is a renewed one, secondly how can one know his status as per visa ban, and does ban or inadmissible status or pronouncement normally appears on a refusal letter? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nine11:
Please I will like to ask questions further on this please,
For somebody who has got wrong information on a DS-160 form made for him by an agent, such as marriage certificate info, and now has lost the agent contact and has lost the info of the ds-160 form, and visa was denied then 5 years a go, can one open another form ds-160 with the correct information slightly different from the old one, and may be inform them of the new ds-160, won't the embassy still draw information from the old one to pass their judgement? Though the passport used then has expired and what he has now is a renewed one, secondly how can one know his status as per visa ban, and does ban or inadmissible status or pronouncement normally appears on a refusal letter? Thank you

Lolz! Quite funny.... Well, if interview has been attended previously, forget it, there’s wahala already if you can’t be on point per previously filled info. Just fill another form to the best of your knowledge and as truthfully as is when applying, use the opportunity to just straighten out your information with them and expect no visa approval, get a possible clean sheet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
vibrant99:
Expect...

-Why are you going to US?
-What are you doing in Nigeria?
-what is your relationship with the person.
-where have you travel to ursef before?
-how long are you staying?
-what will you be doing?

The truth is that, they will give you.

Ok let's Assume you are the VO with those Questions here are my answer's..
1.i'm going to attend my cousin's Graduation coming up in May.
2. I work with so nd so company.. I work as an Admin officer there..
3. My Uncle
4.UAE 2014
5. 10-14 days
6. First for graduation and after that do some sight seeing with my uncle as it will my first time going to the US.

I hope i answered well..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanillawafers: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
[quote author=Nasachuky post=76225632]

She was in US for 5months and that was her first visit.

Thanks.
Please I sent you a PM.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Tough one though, but there is no gain saying it wont work...

You need like stiffer and more concrete answers and replies that baffles the VO, mesmerize them and show some quality!

I am in no way disputing your simple approach to travelling, but this guys just want reasons not to give you the visa and you are there to give them that reason why they should, so you see that there should be more, am sure the 2014 UAE stamp wont be on that very passport?

But all in all, Pray and do a Psalm that better fits your condition if your are a christian! surely.

abiolagenius:

Ok let's Assume you are the VO with those Questions here are my answer's..
1.i'm going to attend my cousin's Graduation coming up in May.
2. I work with so nd so company.. I work as an Admin officer there..
3. My Uncle
4.UAE 2014
5. 10-14 days
6. First for graduation and after that do some sight seeing with my uncle as it will my first time going to the US.

I hope i answered well..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abiolagenius: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2019
vibrant99:
Tough one though, but there is no gain saying it wont work...

You need like stiffer and more concrete answers and replies that baffles the VO, mesmerize them and show some quality!

I am in no way disputing your simple approach to travelling, but this guys just want reasons not to give you the visa and you are there to give them that reason why they should, so you see that there should be more, am sure the 2014 UAE stamp wont be on that very passport?

But all in all, Pray and do a Psalm that better fits your condition if your are a christian! surely.

Lol.. I can elaborate my replies tho if that's the case.. Also i will be going with my Old Passport that has the UAE stamp.. And just as you said las las it is grace that qualifies where one is unqualified. PS: yes i'm a Christian.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.