Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170803 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
vibrant99:
your question will basically fall under this Jurisdiction,... fire!

Its fine then.
For someone on the settlement route, how long after receiving an SS (social security) Card would the travel document arrive?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
Sincerely i didn't get the question..

Settlement as in "when u get to the US?

and Travel document as in green card or ?

EsotericMonk:

Its fine then.
For someone on the settlement route, how long after receiving an SS (social security) Card would the travel document arrive?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nanaghano: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello guys... Pls I have a little problem.. trying to apply for a visit visa for my 70 year old dad ... I am sponsoring the trip. I already made payment and scheduled the appointment but I have been trying to fill the ds 160 form all day... I haven't been able to access the form. Pls does anyone have an idea.
On the appointment page there is a Ds 160 confirmation number... I don't know if I am on the right track.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

nanaghano:
Hello guys... Pls I have a little problem.. trying to apply for a visit visa for my 70 year old dad ... I am sponsoring the trip. I already made payment and scheduled the appointment but I have been trying to fill the ds 160 form all day... I haven't been able to access the form. Pls does anyone have an idea.
On the appointment page there is a Ds 160 confirmation number... I don't know if I am on the right track.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Thanks very much.

Can MRV fee paid for B1/B2 category use to schedule another appointment for the F1 category?

It's the B1/B2 that is on the MRV fee, appointment has been made before, but didn't fill or submit the DS-160 form, and because of some issues that came up will not be attending the interview. I understand the MRV fee can only be used once more for another appointment, If I want to book another appointment later in the year can I use that same MRV fee for B1/B2 to schedule another appointment for the F1 category? and hope this will not affect VISA issuance when I tender the MRV fee receipt .

Thanks in Anticipation.

@Vibrant99, @Omobendel. Please kindly reply me on this. Thanks very much

Well, I remember one of the VOs said this was possible as long as they are both same fee/rate, not exactly sure, but I strongly believe so. Research for more (check their thread, it’s there) or wait for others to say theirs.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
OtunOba15:
Reading the last two Pages....

The thread is invaded with about to become illegal immigrants.

it a minus for the genuine non immigrants applicants....

OtunOba has spent ages making assumptions on people on this thread and harassing them that they are planning to enter the US with the intention of going to Canada.

But today he is the one who had overstayed his visa. He is even embarrassed to make any further comments on this thread.

Life can be funny sometimes... grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bdamilare: 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
fkj950ax:
Feb 28, 1230pm Appointment
Arrived 1045am
Parked in 2nd car park just before Seattle Apartment.
Waited till 1115am
Car Park is N1000
Carried my file folder containing
1. DS160 Confirmation
2. CGi GTB Payment (Please print or download when you pay. Tried accessing it on GTB Internet platform 3 months after and it was unavailable)
3. Appointment Confirmation
4. Bank Statements (Downloaded PDF Stamped and Signed - didn't have funds to pay GTB for print out)

Walked to the Entrance with the covered roof.
Spent about 40mins outside.
We were asked to bring out from folders/envelope and put items 1-3 inside passport. Do not fold.

Entered gate. Emptied pocket. Was searched.
Moved to 2nd security dude who made us drop all items in plastic and scanned for prohibited items.

Joined a queue where CGi staffs checked to confirm appointment and documents.
Name crossed on a print out.
Proceeded to CGi staff with laptops
Stickers placed in front and behind passport.
Made to sit in a holding area.
Time was 1230pm

1pm we were moved through front gate, across the road to Consulate

Removed belt. Placed all items in plastic and passed through x-ray.

Exit through doors to compound.

Enter main building.

Another security table cross check docs and stickers.

Joined a line for "Intake", passport only requested for.
My online passport photograph wasn't too clear, gave a physical one that was scanned and uploaded to replace unclear one.

Joined 2nd queue for finger printing.

Place passport on glass at booth. They scan the rear sticker with a hand scanner.

Left had first. 4 fingers. Right hand second. 4 fingers. Thirdly, both thumbs. On clear, joined interview queue. 234pm

Saw plenty interview go good, and plenty go bad.

My turn. Got a female consular officer.

Asked for my passport.

Hello
Good afternoon
Where are you going in US?
New York
How long are you staying in US?
I don't know, maybe 2-3 weeks. It was supposed to be a Christmas holiday, but no interview appointment available, so I picked next available date and I am here.
Travelled before?
Yes. As a child, bit not in my teen or adult life
Do you work?
Yes
What do you do?
I am a Consultant for XYZ Consulting and I also have a personal XYZ Production business
Do you have any family or relative in US?
Yes, my brother and an Uncle
How long has your brother being in US?
2 years and some months
How did he get his permit?
Student visa and work authority
Are you married?
Yes
Do you have children?
Yes.
How many?
Your wife, what does she do?
She works with XYZ as a XYZ
Thank you for responses. This is to inform you that you qualify for this Visa, and you will be informed of when to pick your passport early next week.

Me: How will I get this notification
You will get a text message.

I get a white sheet of paper and leave.

315pm
Sorry what do inputs in your ds-160 asking about traveling history is it yes or no
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please I filled DS 160 for my mom B2 visa and I never came across travel history.....

Please am I getting something wrong or this is normal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
Quite frankly , This thread is an open thread, even the VOs will come here once in a while.

I remember that craze about getting a US visa to trek to Canada, because Canada is stiffer and more difficult to enter...

Some people made it, to Canada through the US, and Canada is furious with the US, thereby making it more difficult for people who just want to go to the US and return back to their lovely country, Nigeria.

Sometimes we have to slow down and ask ourselves this questions?

Why am i desperate to leave Nigeria?

I know someone who got so rejected that he found his destiny in the process, even US dey beg am now, he doesn't wanna go again.

Just a general observation for those that will come for me !

TheCongo2:

OtunOba has spent ages making assumptions on people on this thread and harassing them that they are planning to enter the US with the intention of going to Canada.

But today he is the one who had overstayed his visa. He is even embarrassed to make any further comments on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
There are some pages that doesn't exist for "Female"

Most are just for Male .

Most are not there for female .

AdetonaDami:
Please I filled DS 160 for my mom B2 visa and I never came across travel history.....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
vibrant99:
There are some pages that doesn't exist for "Female"

Most are just for Male .

Most are not there for female .

Oh wow I see

Thanks for the info
God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
flourishing247:

I've filled ds160 form before with my phone oooo. Is there something I should know? The site is secure I believe

That form they sent you is not from U.S Embassy.

visit www.ceac.state.gov

Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
icanfixitmyself:
Thanks to you all for your kind responses...

I think I know why she had to asked us to go to another counter, we were denied last yr and our guess is that she (1st VO) was the 1 who interviewed us then...but we really don't av any shading issues with our traveling histories oooo
Furthermore, how soon can we reapply?

Try UK or EU.... Leave US for now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
seyewest:

That form they sent you is from an agent.

visit www.ceac.state.gov

Good luck

I went to US embassy website and filled the form with my phone. You can check it out and see. The most important thing is to cross check your forms very well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
AdetonaDami:

The form is gender specific.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fkj950ax(m): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
bdamilare:

Sorry what do inputs in your ds-160 asking about traveling history is it yes or no

I answered No
As a child wasn't to US, but West and North African countries. About 19 to 24 years ago
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obinoscopy(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2019
EsotericMonk:
Hi all, please is there a US immigrant thread? I want to ask a question about some ish and wondering where I could ask it
This thread is for non-immigrant.

You can check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
TheCongo2:

Really? How do you know this? This one loud oh shocked! That was a correct guy na.... Seems once they stop actively participating here, then they are gone, and maybe resurface here with another moniker. But how? Well, well....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by esteeino13(f): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Guys pls i need to u help my friend out.. She has been crying here.... She said she applied with her boyfriend as married couples(the agent asked her to, that it will be good and they will be considered since they have been living together for 8years but not married. She is single). She was going for her fav cousin's child dedication, the main problem is, on the day of her interview she had problem with her bar code reciept and wasnt allowed in but her bf decided to go in alone. She said he was asked about her and he told the VO what happened and he wasnt given the visa..

Now my question :
She wants to reschedule her appointment and come clean pls how will she do this??

Do they still have her record as married even as she didnt attend the interview??

Plz i need your answers urgently as she will be going to the bank on monday.. Thank u all..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Endypee: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good evening the gurus in the house, am a constant follower of this thread but this is my first time of commenting, pls pardon my grammar. I will be going for my interview in 2weeks time, am a first timer never travel outside the county before this will be my first time of applying for a visa. My wife has travel over 6 countries before we got married and she is having US visa, we are both planning for vacation to d us and I will be going for d interview alone. pls wat are my chances of getting the visa since I had no travel history. I own my business which I earn close to 300k per month and I have ppl working for me. What are d possible question I may face. My wife is an athlete, she has been to different countries
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kellyyoung12: 12:17am On Mar 03, 2019
Hello guys
Can someone reply for b1/b2 visa interview after a recent denial Since you how were you were denied of?
Reason for that is!
I was denied coz I don't parkage my paper well base on my status single, no kid, nor engaged and those are the questions the vo ask from me before giving me blue paper..
So, can I still reapply since I kw my weakness coz I was actually going for leave nd my leave start next week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 3:11am On Mar 03, 2019
Kellyyoung12:
Hello guys
Can someone reply for b1/b2 visa interview after a recent denial Since you how were you were denied of?
Reason for that is!
I was denied coz I don't parkage my paper well base on my status single, no kid, nor engaged and those are the questions the vo ask from me before giving me blue paper..
So, can I still reapply since I kw my weakness coz I was actually going for leave nd my leave start next week

What do you mean by the bolded?

What kind of packaging do you want to do now?

Don't do something that will give you a life ban o.

Just an advise.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayodeji481(m): 4:24am On Mar 03, 2019
So how do you intend to tighten your application since you are single and you have no kid?
Kellyyoung12:
Hello guys
Reason for that is!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cve90: 5:33am On Mar 03, 2019
Hello guys, great thread, please my interview is coming up next two weeks, am going for a conference in the USA, but I haven't traveled anywhere, I'm also single, please how do I handle the travel question? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 5:54am On Mar 03, 2019
Look at you ����

I am back in ibadan

Have got so much to do that why have not been able to make comments here.

I wonder what you want to achieve from this.

I hope you're doing well

TheCongo2:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 6:01am On Mar 03, 2019
Guy you fall my hand.

I didn't expect you will make such statement

Funny I just decided to check what's going on here... Gbam I saw the 2 of you on my matter.

Like I said I dey ibadan

Hope you are good

OmoBendel24:

Really? How do you know this? This one loud oh shocked! That was a correct guy na.... Seems once they stop actively participating here, then they are gone, and maybe resurface here with another moniker. But how? Well, well....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2019
esteeino13:
Guys pls i need to u help my friend out.. She has been crying here.... She said she applied with her boyfriend as married couples(the agent asked her to, that it will be good and they will be considered since they have been living together for 8years but not married. She is single). She was going for her fav cousin's child dedication, the main problem is, on the day of her interview she had problem with her bar code reciept and wasnt allowed in but her bf decided to go in alone. She said he was asked about her and he told the VO what happened and he wasnt given the visa..

Now my question :
She wants to reschedule her appointment and come clean pls how will she do this??

Do they still have her record as married even as she didnt attend the interview??

Plz i need your answers urgently as she will be going to the bank on monday.. Thank u all..

People should try not to for these agent lies. It can easily get you a life ban. She should reapply and come clean. Hopefully she is given an opportunity to explain.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2019
Which location in the US do you intend to travel to?
cve90:
Hello guys, great thread, please my interview is coming up next two weeks, am going for a conference in the USA, but I haven't traveled anywhere, I'm also single, please how do I handle the travel question? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 03, 2019
fkj950ax:

Not true.
I got approved on Thursday.
My MIL went in on Friday (73years) and got approved. She left home 5am in the rain, for her 730am appointment and was back by 9am

2 approvals in 2 days. 1 family. Lagos Centre

The stories of blue slip / refusals is just a bandwagon people are floating around recently.

If your application is done truthfully and you don't try to impress the VO, you'd be fine.
I saw people getting rejected, but their interview session sounded whacky to me even.
Yes, I felt sad for a family who got bounced. They looked very together and all, but they got the blue slip

Many thanks bro. My company is sending me on a conference to Houston, TX. Conference is about naval engineering and oil and gas too.

Now I'd be there for a week and they given me all docs including letter of leave approval and letter of introduction (confirming I work for the company) I also have my payslips too. And hotel reservation confirmation. (just making sure I don't make mistakes)

Nature of my company : We build software solutions for oil and gas companies, Telecom's, and banks.
I have my bank statements and letter confirming payment of perdiem ,flight, cash to spend in Houston(this letter is from my company) .

You think I'd be fine sir?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vibrant99(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
Are u married with kids?

How much is the Conference ?

Have paid for the conference?

Is it a recent Conference or has it been annually?

Travel history?

Is ur accomodation close to the conference?

Do you have families or close relatives in the US?

gimakon:

Many thanks bro. My company is sending me on a conference to Houston, TX. Conference is about naval engineering and oil and gas too.

Now I'd be there for a week and they given me all docs including letter of leave approval and letter of introduction (confirming I work for the company) I also have my payslips too. And hotel reservation confirmation. (just making sure I don't make mistakes)

Nature of my company : We build software solutions for oil and gas companies, Telecom's, and banks.
I have my bank statements and letter confirming payment of perdiem ,flight, cash to spend in Houston(this letter is from my company) .

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fkj950ax(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
gimakon:

Definitely. You will be.
Just answer questions directly, don't over explain any answer.
If there's something you want to include and aren't asked, just tell the VO you have something you'd like to share/say. Do this when you asnwer and before a next question come.

The questions generally try to establish ties BACK HOME, and not necessarily what you want to go for.

@vibrant99 comments makes sense, but like I said, dont over answer any question.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bdamilare: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Good day gurus in the house, please am about filling my DS 160 form and I would love to know, wen ask about the monthly income am I to write just my monthly salary or with the income I make in my personal business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.