Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171336 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:20am On Dec 03, 2017
lady2017:
Good evening all , I appreciate this site thou am new but I love the help and comments form here,
please my interview is coming up soon please can u give me a good reason why students study aboard, am confused
Confusion don jam this question.... Please rephrase it so we can understand you better.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 3:07am On Dec 03, 2017
when scheduling my US visit visa,i used B1/B2 instead of B2 only.What do i do?..I hope am good....because am going only for pleasure and not business
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 3:09am On Dec 03, 2017
I mean when schedule appointment date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 6:08am On Dec 03, 2017
darkmax:
My F1 visa was refused this March...i wish to go and spend the holiday in the US this December..can this work?

Well,quick questions, why are are you going for holiday??
What do you do presently??
Have you been anywhere outside Nigeria aside ghana and togo, for holiday before??
Pls will like u to self evaluate yourself, u can go elsewhere for holiday, paris, Morocco etc... But first, get yourself into a school, that should be ur priority if truly ur intentions are sincere.
Personally,if i were the vo, might not approve u, why?? U came less than a year for F1, U were refused, no changes in ur circumstances, yet u wanna go for vacation to the states.. Why are u going for vacation to fhe states sef??
Pls dnt waste ur money, go elsewhere for vacation for this year if it's necessary, then if u still wanna school in US, go for F1 again, but if u lucky enough to get into a school in NIGERIA, good, go for it, then u can go for vacation in the US following year....
All the best dear

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 6:34am On Dec 03, 2017
can i change the US Visa class on my appointment schedule
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ijebuboy525: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2017
seyewest:

Confusion don jam this question.... Please rephrase it so we can understand you better.

Good evening all , I appreciate this site thou am new but I love the help and comments form here,
please my interview is coming up soon please can u give me a good reason why students study aboard, am confused

I guess he/she wanted to ask the perfect answer when VO ask 'why do you want to study in USA and not other countries'?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by darkmax: 6:38am On Dec 03, 2017
Azeezatdami93:

Well,quick questions, why are are you going for holiday??
What do you do presently??
Have you been anywhere outside Nigeria aside ghana and togo, for holiday before??
Pls will like u to self evaluate yourself, u can go elsewhere for holiday, paris, Morocco etc... But first, get yourself into a school, that should be ur priority if truly ur intentions are sincere.
Personally,if i were the vo, might not approve u, why?? U came less than a year for F1, U were refused, no changes in ur circumstances, yet u wanna go for vacation to the states.. Why are u going for vacation to fhe states sef??
Pls dnt waste ur money, go elsewhere for vacation for this year if it's necessary, then if u still wanna school in US, go for F1 again, but if u lucky enough to get into a school in NIGERIA, good, go for it, then u can go for vacation in the US following year....
All the best dear
I'm a student here before I even applied for F1..im in
200 level..ive not been to anywhere but I have Tanzania visa on passport but I've not gone yet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 6:43am On Dec 03, 2017
seyewest:

I don't believe you one bit.... No one will fill the wrong info without your permit.
Better start thinking about how to come clean.

Come clean to who? cheesy The guy is screwed. He is however free to donate N65000 to the US government, if he so wishes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2017
darkmax:
My F1 visa was refused this March...i wish to go and spend the holiday in the US this December..can this work?

No.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2017

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2017
darkmax:

I'm a student here before I even applied for F1..im in
200 level..ive not been to anywhere but I have Tanzania visa on passport but I've not gone yet.

Then, may I suggest you go for your holiday in Tanzania: it may be cheaper than the US, and you build your love for adventure. (BTW, Nigerians get visa on arrival in Tanzania).

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2017
Yeanca:
when scheduling my US visit visa,i used B1/B2 instead of B2 only.What do i do?..I hope am good....because am going only for pleasure and not business

It's okay. They are grouped the same by the consulate. And more often and not, they issue B1/B2 combined visas. So, no wahala.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 10:58am On Dec 03, 2017
I was sincere that I earn 79k monthly,am I fine but with a registered cooperative balance of 800k and bank balance of 1.5m,am I OK?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:11am On Dec 03, 2017
bigbus:

Then, may I suggest you go for your holiday in Tanzania: it may be cheaper than the US, and you build your love for adventure. (BTW, Nigerians get visa on arrival in Tanzania).
Do you live at Savage crescent ?lol. I sincerely wonder how good folks imagine that getting a visa stamp counts the same as actual travel.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2017
domcreative:
Okay, good to read all feedback, When i made the post i wasn't trying to exonerate myself from the act, it doesn't matter if i had prior knowledge or not, so long i went for the interview, I am responsible for whatever comes out of it, i only wanted to know how to fill that part of the form ( Like i have asked in other part before i got to this stage, nothing different from questions i have asked about other aspect of the form )

People come on here to ask questions in any part of the processes they need clarification, Which was the purpose of my post. Visa interview is not conducted or approved on NL, We are all here for one purpose, to learn about the processes which i think i am doing.

The post was about how to answer that part of the form on my DS160 and not for anyone to believe or approve the visa on social network. I was doing what i thought the thread was meant for.

Also we should be aware, there are lots of Nigerians who doesn't know that the US embassy or other embassies have a website or number they can be contacted at, Not all are even aware they can put a call through to the embassy and make enquiry, this makes most vulnerable to visa agents and touts, Except for people who have traveled outside Nigeria or have people who have gone through visa processes, there are lots of folks who genuinely want to apply for visa and don't know the best way to go about it, hence they approach agents who they think are knowledgeable in this area, believe it most at that point have no intention to lie or misrepresent. I just state this just so we can sometime be patient with people who come on here to ask questions.

So Oga seyewest, calm down, I don't have to come clean to you except you don they approve visa, Lol, between, if i already thick i previously misrepresented, which other come clean is needed?

1. Correct me if I'm wrong Sir, you tagged him in your first comment abi? E no bad thing reply you? Abi cos e no answer exactly what you want, it has turned to issue?

2. Come clean means take responsibility for your actions.
3. Ticking the column and then putting the blame (as your post did, and the vo pointed out) shows you still don't gerrit or you do and are trying to play smart

Advice : take every advice /critiscm as a possible thought the vo may have.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ebie001: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello all,

I have been a silent follower of this thread. I got my B2 visa last week. I had previously been rejected in 2015. When i applied to attend a Microsoft conference. I had also just been rejected by france the previous in oct. I just want to encourage someone that previous rejections are not an issue, if u are veryconfident and truthful about your intentions. I would load my transcript later. The VO must have asked me one million questions.
Ps. I am a single lady with no kids. I just have a job that pays about 400k. That's what i think was the deciding factor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
TWoods:

Come clean to who? cheesy The guy is screwed. He is however free to donate N65000 to the US government, if he so wishes.
grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
domcreative:
Okay, good to read all feedback, When i made the post i wasn't trying to exonerate myself from the act, it doesn't matter if i had prior knowledge or not, so long i went for the interview, I am responsible for whatever comes out of it, i only wanted to know how to fill that part of the form ( Like i have asked in other part before i got to this stage, nothing different from questions i have asked about other aspect of the form )
So Oga seyewest, calm down, I don't have to come clean to you except you don they approve visa, Lol, between, if i already thick i previously misrepresented, which other come clean is needed?

You wanted us to advice you and we said you should come clean when filling the form about your misrepresentation which one be calm down.
If I did not sweetened the answer very well for you I apologize grin but come clean when filling the form and at the interview... Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

1. Correct me if I'm wrong Sir, you tagged him in your first comment abi? E no bad thing reply you? Abi cos e no answer exactly what you want, it has turned to issue?

3. Ticking the column and then putting the blame (as your post did, and the vo pointed out) shows you still don't gerrit or you do and are trying to play smart

I tire oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Is a 79k monthly earning OK for a 10day US visa to be approved
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
domcreative:

there are lots of folks who contact agent to help them in visa application, their intention may not be to lie or misrepresent, just due to lack of information.

Honestly, I don't think anyone in this generation should give this excuse... If we can spend time on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Nairaland etc we should also be able to Google "how to apply for a US visa in Nigeria".

Lack of information is NOT the problem. I think the problem with our generation is LAZINESS. We want others to think, read, pass exams, do everything for us!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Honestly, I don't think anyone in this generation should give this excuse... If we can spend time on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Nairaland etc we should also be able to Google "how to apply for a US visa in Nigeria".

Lack of information is NOT the problem. I think the problem with our generation is LAZINESS. We want others to think, read, pass exams, do everything for us!
The conclusion of the whole matter o!!!
More so lack of information should not make any one lie on any application. But I guess there will also a justification for that.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ikesim: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
@seyewest, it will be nice if you could give your suggestion to my issue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
domcreative:

I was thinking you've submitted your application already?

Despite the fact that you do give advice on this thread I wonder why you don't want to come clean on your own application.

We are all waiting for your successful interview transcript....

Oh well, i didn't see his comment that way. And i wasn't trying to "putting the blame" as you put it, How best to answer that part was what i asked and wasn't expecting a sweet response. I only mentioned his name in my comment, because he started off with, he didn't believe me.

My last post was just on a general and not about me, there are lots of folks who contact agent to help them in visa application, their intention may not be to lie or misrepresent, just due to lack of information.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=OtunOba15 post=62948242][/quote]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
The direct answer to your question about how to fill out your DS160 is this: answer all questions completely and honestly.

LagosNIV

domcreative:

Funny, don't know what you mean i don't want to come clean, funny how people can be judged by a mere post.

Appointment is in January, but yet to complete DS160 and that's because i'm reading from part2 and i sometime come on here to read and follow up you guys.

Thanks for wishes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
LagosNIV:
The direct answer to your question about how to fill out your DS160 is this: answer all questions completely and honestly.

LagosNIV

Thank You
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
I greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have this feelings to pray for our brothers and sisters going for visa appointment tomorrow and through out this year... Even January applicants that God should dress them with garment of mercy and favour. They will come out jubilating IJMN. Amen! please come back here to testify. Bless you all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
max1981:
I greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have this feelings to pray for our brothers and sisters going for visa appointment tomorrow and through out this year... Even January applicants that God should dress them with garment of mercy and favour. They will come out jubilating IJMN. Amen! please come back here to testify. Bless you all.

cheesy cheesy cheesy What a joke... including the ones who filled their forms "without their knowledge", filled false information due to "lack of information", have zero ties to Nigeria and do not meet the criteria for a visa? This genie of yours does not influence visa decisions for other countries.

Save your prayers, they obviously haven't worked, else Nigeria would be a paradise today. Assess your situation, do you meet the criteria for a US visa? If the answer is no, stay home. If the answer is yes, fill your visa application TRUTHFULLY, answer the questions asked at the interview and accept the decision. All that takes less time than the time required to walk to church and pray endlessly for something you are not qualified for, in the name of "garments of grace".

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
Fyorgyn:

You have said it all... lack of information indeed.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olumidazz: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Some One Pls advise me onbthe steps to take if necessary here is the issue. While filling my form ds 160 application form I chose a travel date in late December this year and paid immediately. Now the issue at hand is all the available dates for my interview are in January.

I want to know will this not jeopardize my chances of obtaining the visa if my interview comes after the intended date of travel.

I need your advise Pls good people in the house and also if there is any other step I can take. Besides this all other things are intact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.