Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176965 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I think this VO is wondering how you studied business admin. in university, but work as an accountant. He/she asked you if you learn on the job, an opportunity to explain how a business admin. graduate is able to work as an accountant. Re-apply.

Or maybe the salary he stated on his interview form is not a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2017
Nope. The VO gave her an opportunity to show him/her how a business admin graduate can work as an accountant. I would be concerned how a business admin graduate, can work as an accountant, if I were a VO.

sharpman1:

Or maybe the salary he stated on his interview form is not a lot.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

No be for everybody oh! It works different ways for different people. I like travelling lots, my wife doesn't much, the major thing we have in common is that we like and prefer SHORT STAY TRIPS. I can take four ("quality and not quality"wink countries on a trip (even repetition sef, plus different time zones wahala), it won't even wear me out, but my wife wouldn't (she prefers one or two quality travels at a time. I even like spending a day or two in my flight transit countries/cities including within the US, Canada deliberately), I just enjoy "wakadugbe" movements.

So, I most times end up doing my own trips while she does hers alone or with the kid. Been some time we both were on a trip together despite that we (particularly I) make at least one, two, sometimes three trips annually as individuals, no ish at all going it alone, less monetary calculations and involvement! I still have unused tickets to two destinations and will have to embark on them alone soon before story that touch enters because she wouldn't do repeat destination - UAE join oh, we've been there twice together, while I have been there like five times on a general count (e no dey tire me). So, different folks, different strokes!

You're right my own problem is that I've not traveled this year and it's because of work and when I applied for leave they gave me 2 weeks break and I couldn't fit Japan into my RTW so I just bone am will do it early new year by God's grace but might go to UAE next month with madam.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2017
Yeanca:
PLEASE I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A US VISIT VISA
Visit Google or you read this thread from part 1 to 3 , you will be glad you did. Don't be lazy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I think this VO is wondering how you studied business admin. in university, but work as an accountant. He/she asked you if you learn on the job, an opportunity to explain how a business admin. graduate is able to work as an accountant. Re-apply.

i disagree though, my own interview was the same and i got my visa! my job is TWO WORLDS apart from my course of study! when i am not there to apply for F1 visa. My opinion is that everyone travelling for wedding uses the word "REPRESENTING MY FAMILY". no jokes. the day of my interview earlier this year ehn, that was EVERYBODY's reason for going for a wedding. not because you wanted to be a part of her beautiful day or because you she's your first niece getting married. iz because you wanted to represent the family!! i might be wrong but the VO prolly had enough of that mantra. lol. @eyinola sorry for the denial, you could always try again.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
doyinwbaby:

i disagree though, my own interview was the same and i got my visa! my job is TWO WORLDS apart from my course of study! when i am not there to apply for F1 visa. My opinion is that everyone travelling for wedding uses the word "REPRESENTING MY FAMILY". no jokes. the day of my interview earlier this year ehn, that was EVERYBODY's reason for going for a wedding. not because you wanted to be a part of her beautiful day or because you she's your first niece getting married. iz because you wanted to represent the family!! i might be wrong but the VO prolly had enough of that mantra. lol. @eyinola sorry for the denial, you could always try again.

The "no travel history" part of the transcript helped the VO to conclude easily. They have seen it all on this type I believe too (same same "storyline" ), and applicant seemed to be bringing nothing new (CUTTING EDGE) to the table....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
wanle22:
I'm sure the founder of this forum is somewhat disappointed with what most of y'all talk about on here, I don't read advises, all I read is judging, insults, badgering & all, which is very sad. Reading comments from people lole@MamaOO & @Beautyaddy makes me sick, condemning someone that ask simple questions based on her travel history. In ny option, this forum has lost its original purpose.
u ryt. All I c here is pple judging, insults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
I applied for a shengen visa (France) in 2015 but I was being denied. Will that been an issue if I want to apply for America visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
deleazeezmay9:
I applied for a shengen visa (France) in 2015 but I was being denied. Will that been an issue if I want to apply for America visa.

it shouldn't but then again, have you traveled anywhere else since then? you might want to. However, that ins't a determining factor as some people still get their visas with virgin passports. its based on the VO's judgement. stay positive, be confident and stay true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
doyinwbaby:

it shouldn't but then again, have you traveled anywhere else since then? you might want to. However, that ins't a determinant factor as some people still get their visas with virgin passports. its based on the VO's judgement. stay positive, be confident and stay true.
Tanks so much.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

The "no travel history" part of the transcript helped the VO to conclude easily. They have seen it all on this type I believe too (same same "storyline" ), and applicant seemed to be bringing nothing new (CUTTING EDGE) to the table....
Travel history is what I think makes the difference. So many people applying have the same profile and the same reasons. Solid travel history gives you an edge.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
akinkunmi2020:
Hello All, I Wish To Go For Vacation(2weeks) In Atlanta With My Wife and kid Coming Dec/Jan New Year holiday break, both bankers with "okay" take home (Money Is Not The Issue), Good Position At Work But first timer(virgin Passports), Interview Date Is Dec. Any Tips?
If money is not an issue, why not try visiting the UK this year to increase your chances of getting a US visa later in future.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Good evening house, plz I need help. I had issue with my passport, it has just 4months to expire and my uncle has booked my b1-b2 visa appointment on it for Jan. He's assuring me that I can get my visa on about to expire passport but I'm not satisfied with his claim. Can I renew the passport and proceed to the interview with both passport? Will the vo consider me and issue my visa on my new passport which the new pp is not registered on my profile?
Pls help
You can apply with your old passport and get the visa on it. But before traveling, you need to get a new passport.

If you are attending the interview with the new passport, make sure the passport number is what you filled in your ds-160 form

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
deleazeezmay9:
u ryt. All I c here is pple judging, insults
You don't have to be part of this thread. No one is paid to do anything here.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

By the time one agent or 419 turns you around with this your details and empties you, shebi you will accept it's all your fault? A study of different parts of this thread can yet help you from unnecessary wahala now that you haven't exactly started on a wrong footing. It's almost all in here, just STUDY....

Be kind to edit to the post to remove the phone number wink

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HiredGames(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
Wanle22 after spending a cumulative 2 hours on Nairaland, 8 days after registering. Hasty opinion to say the least.

wanle22:
I'm sure the founder of this forum is somewhat disappointed with what most of y'all talk about on here, I don't read advises, all I read is judging, insults, badgering & all, which is very sad. Reading comments from people lole@MamaOO & @Beautyaddy makes me sick, condemning someone that ask simple questions based on her travel history. In ny option, this forum has lost its original purpose.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
HiredGames:
Wanle22 after spending a cumulative 2 hours on Nairaland, 8 days after registering. Hasty opinion to say the least.

Are you even bothering with them... A thread that was started more than 3 years ago will continue to assist those who needed assistance. No be today grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
seyewest:

Are you even bothering with them... A thread that was started more than 3 years ago will continue to assist those who needed assistance. No be today grin

Basically.... Sometimes, I wonder, what if one wasn't even carrying some "waka-pass" attitude and if this wasn't a faceless but a know-each-other-physically thread? Hian!

To "knock" people and "punish/help" them with TRUTH ain't moimoi, but these sort of people, they will stop at nothing to "kpoof" you if possible, very poisonous, even VOs too dey code identity.... Nigeria will be great, soon again, surely!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
doyinwbaby:

it shouldn't but then again, have you traveled anywhere else since then? you might want to. However, that ins't a determining factor as some people still get their visas with virgin passports. its based on the VO's judgement. stay positive, be confident and stay true.

Yeah, but VOs need materials to judge with.... Several factors counts together.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Your uncle isn't wrong, you can get the visa on the about to expire passport if at all qualified, you can also get it on the new passport if you renew before interview date, no ish, just bring it up during take-in and at the beginning of your interview.

Noteworthy however is the fact that you will always need the new passport to make the trip if approved. So, if your visa is on the new passport, you travel with that alone, but if on the old passport, you will have toi be traveling with both passports. Regards

Thank you so much sir.... But somebody on dis thread is saying I can't use the new passport at the interview since the number will be different from the one I have on my dsform?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cassidy1996(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
Miaanita:

Visiting on the 4th of December
same date with you 8:30am. GOD is with us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Basically.... Sometimes, I wonder, what if one wasn't even carrying some "waka-pass" attitude and if this wasn't a faceless but a know-each-other-physically thread? Hian!

To "knock" people and "punish/help" them with TRUTH ain't moimoi, but these sort of people, they will stop at nothing to "kpoof" you if possible, very poisonous, even VOs too dey code identity.... Nigeria will be great, soon again, surely!

Truth is like a poison to them... They want to hear the sweet part and when you try to correct them they find it offensive.
If one person is/was issue visa a month through this thread and it's done truthfully I'm satisfied.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Your uncle isn't wrong, you can get the visa on the about to expire passport if at all qualified, you can also get it on the new passport if you renew before interview date, no ish, just bring it up during take-in and at the beginning of your interview.

Noteworthy however is the fact that you will always need the new passport to make the trip if approved. So, if your visa is on the new passport, you travel with that alone, but if on the old passport, you will have to be traveling with both passports. Regards

You can, refer to @the bolded, take note of it and do as advised, small matter for the VO interviewing you.... Or if you have the passport early enough after scheduling the interview with the old, get through to the Customer Care Unit of the Embassy to help you do justice to the matter. Either ways, worry less....

Adeneyagrofeeds:

Thank you so much sir.... But somebody on dis thread is saying I can't use the new passport at the interview since the number will be different from the one I have on my dsform?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
Good evening wonderful people in the house, i have been a silent reader for 2months , i dont know how to post cos it will be my first time of trying to write a post and I have been rather since yesterday, had my interview with my husband yesterday, and it was a big success full and comprehensive transcript coming soon, want to be sure I'm typing on the right page..... i really love everyone that has been contributing even some hard comments really really helped God I read from tread 1 to 3 like I'm reading exam past questions and answers within 2months

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
Correct person!

Read and understand = visa success.

Please load your transcript.

Slim86:
Good evening wonderful people in the house, i have been a silent reader for 2months , i dont know how to post cos it will be my first time of trying to write a post and I have been rather since yesterday, had my interview with my husband yesterday, and it was a big success full and comprehensive transcript coming soon, want to be sure I'm typing on the right page..... i really love everyone that has been contributing even some hard comments really really helped God I read from tread 1 to 3 like I'm reading exam past questions and answers within 2months

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
OtunOba15:
Correct person!

Read and understand = visa success.

Please load your transcript.

Nice one✅✅✅

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
Slim86:
Waiting for your transcript....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emadamysy: 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Please is there still dates for Dec, my cousin who happens to be an agent says all dates are filled up and i can get dates with a fee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
8:30am appointment, at the car park, see as all these guys outside were dashing info, we need to do these and that, my husband wanted to listen(cos he didn't have time to read this thread so I always pass info to him whenever we are gisting or eating) but I had to pull him that he must not allow them touch our file and he mustnt talk to them that they are bad luck,all they were saying wanted to get to me but I just told my husband if there's anything we need to do we will come back....

I'm pregnant but I still suit up with my office shoe trying to hide my previous baby, but my baby sef took position wants to see what's going on, so hiding wasn't so successful but I was smart nice makeup and stood firm all through still trying to hide my fine tommy oo

Transcript:
VO: hello ( black American, expression was nice)
We: hi
Vo: can I have your passports pls ( we passed to her)
Vo: (scanned through virgin passport) where did you meet?
Huby: church
vo: How long have you been married
Me: we will be a year next month with date and huby too said date straight
vo: Why you going to US?
Huby: vacasion to spend part of our annual leave
Vo: do you have anyone there?
Huby: yes mentioned bro inlaw's name married to my sis
Vo: do you have an invitation?
we: both of us said yes
Vo: can i have a look?
Huby: yes we gave her, 2 one written to us and the one to the embassy
Vo: do you have copy of their passport page
We:yes, hubby gave to her
Vo : (facing huby) what do you do?
Huby: I'm a doctor
Vo : your area of specialty?
Huby: ------
vo: What are the common cases you see?
Huby:---- dished her with medical terms
Vo : can I see your ID?
Hubysad thought she said documents) while he was bringing out his doc. Work appointment letter, leave letter and leter of intro from work
Vo : (facing me) what do you do?
Me: (I don't know what happendI was just smiling sheepishly ) ---- with a LG in ---- state ( before I finished answering huby already passed his work docs to her
Vo : (going through then faces me ) do you intend having your baby in the US?
Me: (I was surprised cos I thought my suit covered well, i didnt show i was surprised i just bursted into laughter as if it was funny) I said maybe later but not on this trip cos we only have 2 weeks to stay
Vo : if you ever consider giving birth you will need to come back for an interview, I will be approving you a toursit visa you can pick it up........
We: thank you, with smiles to her: (huby didn't hear anything again, he was just moving to this exit but I still managed to hear all cos of the confidence I have gotten from this platform)

NB: the interview went like we were chatting, we kept it cool, huby was calm, I gave him full info as I read from this platform, we were looking straight in her eyes, we were calm, we were not nervous again since we got to the inerview room and we decided to take our eyes off other people's interview so we wont get nervous, and we were calm cos we never intended to give birth in us or overstay so we had nothing to crack our mind or head about, we went to only answer questions about our normal life and truth.we are working and earning well and someone offers to sponsor, it's not a crime we told the truth.

My advice: don't lie, be calm and confident, I over heard a guy's and also a man's interview they were answering as if they were reading memory verse and standing so seriousas if they are infront of a judge. they were both denied, answers might be correct but if you are sure you are not lieng why answer as if you cramed all you are saying. Relate as if you are talking to a client, all the VOs i saw were not mean like most people here make it look like they carry fire for head, one was even drinking while interviewing someone, one was picking her nails, to me they only look professional.

A family, one of the son said he has been to Kenya, and no Kenya stamp on his passport and Vo was looking for it, after arguing with her for a while, he said passport with the visa was at home, vo asked if he had 2passport ni, he said yes, on long run they were denied

---------- Nothing about finances or salary was asked, even though both of us are working we filled my huby bro inlaw as full sponsor..... nothing about travel history was asked,my huby has never traveled outside nig before, although I help my old passport wit last travel 10years ago, but it wasn't asked for and it was not included in my form.

Above all we prayed very very well o, grace and mercy spoke for us

Looking forward to wonderful Christmas and new year holiday celebration

Thanks to nairalander i love you all, the people who anwer like police men and women, the no nonsense soldiers I hail all, you made me stay firm and read all from thread 1 to 3 very very well esp thread 2

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
8:30am appointment, at the car park, see as all these guys outside were dashing info, we need to do these and that, my husband wanted to listen(cos he didn't have time to read this thread so I always pass info to him whenever we are gisting or eating) but I had to pull him that he must not allow them touch our file and he mustnt talk to them that they are bad luck,all they were saying wanted to get to me but I just told my husband if there's anything we need to do we will come back....

I'm pregnant but I still suit up with my office shoe trying to hide my previous baby, but my baby sef took position wants to see what's going on, so hiding wasn't so successful but I was smart nice makeup and stood firm all through still trying to hide my fine tommy oo

Transcript:
VO: hello ( black American, expression was nice)
We: hi
Vo: can I have your passports pls ( we passed to her)
Vo: (scanned through virgin passport) where did you meet?
Huby: church
vo: How long have you been married
Me: we will be a year next month with date and huby too said date straight
vo: Why you going to US?
Huby: vacasion to spend part of our annual leave
Vo: do you have anyone there?
Huby: yes mentioned bro inlaw's name married to my sis
Vo: do you have an invitation?
we: both of us said yes
Vo: can i have a look?
Huby: yes we gave her, 2 one written to us and the one to the embassy
Vo: do you have copy of their passport page
We:yes, hubby gave to her
Vo : (facing huby) what do you do?
Huby: I'm a doctor
Vo : your area of specialty?
Huby: ------
vo: What are the common cases you see?
Huby:---- dished her with medical terms
Vo : can I see your ID?
Hubysad thought she said documents) while he was bringing out his doc. Work appointment letter, leave letter and leter of intro from work
Vo : (facing me) what do you do?
Me: (I don't know what happendI was just smiling sheepishly ) ---- with a LG in ---- state ( before I finished answering huby already passed his work docs to her
Vo : (going through then faces me ) do you intend having your baby in the US?
Me: (I was surprised cos I thought my suit covered well, i didnt show i was surprised i just bursted into laughter as if it was funny) I said maybe later but not on this trip cos we only have 2 weeks to stay
Vo : if you ever consider giving birth you will need to come back for an interview, I will be approving you a toursit visa you can pick it up........
We: thank you, with smiles to her: (huby didn't hear anything again, he was just moving to this exit but I still managed to hear all cos of the confidence I have gotten from this platform)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
seyewest:

Nice one... When you marry.. you will think twice before traveling for vacation because it will not only be you but your family first.. grin
hmmm. I'm not even ready to get married, wanna enjoy my freedom, go for vacations, jst keep touring ���
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
emadamysy:
Please is there still dates for Dec, my cousin who happens to be an agent says all dates are filled up and i can get dates with a fee
Help your cousin ministry and pay up grin soon they will start selling the land surrounding the embassy .... I hope you're not expecting people on this thread to assist you with looking for available date?

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.