Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173336 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
keepinfaith:

Thanks.
Do Nigerians need a round trip ticket to Ghana as well?
Or can i purchase a one way ticket and buy my return when i am ready to return?

Also how long can nigerians stay in Ghana for at a time?
No round trip ticket needed.. you can come in and leave as you please but you will be stamped in for 60 days and of course you're not allowed to work in Ghana.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mandy4life:
Good day, pls I really do want to enquire about US non immigrant visa appointment with the US embassy Nigeria, I applied for a US visa and after I input my bank receipt number, I was sent to dropbox confirmation letter, please I'm confused now because I can't get an MRV pin to schedule for an appointment, what can I do now about the dropbox issue
You did not filled the form very well... you need to start from the begin unless you're applying for dropbox.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
seyewest:

You did not filled the form very well... you need to start from the begin unless you're applying for dropbox.
Plus pay for new visa fee. Pele. Next time read the prompts
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
Champora has it very close to right. The 2 year rule for J1 visas applies to subsequent applications for Immigrant Visas or for H, L, or K non-immigrant visas. People who travel on a J1 who are subject to the 2 year rule are still free to apply for and be issued B1/B2, F, M, or other non-immigrant visas.

LagosNIV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by keepinfaith: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
seyewest:

No round trip ticket needed.. you can come in and leave as you please but you will be stamped in for 60 days and of course you're not allowed to work in Ghana.

Thank You!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temitayoolu(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blaqroy: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I applied for b1b2 (Tourism) usa visa,when I was filling the form I put my friend's address who also sent me invitation letter and will be paying for the ticket as where I will be staying until 3weeks that I will return, now,is it advisable I get a hotel reservation because I met my friend on fb, and haven't seen him before or I should continue with his address, won't the VO question me about how long I have known my friend and all that? Preparing for my interview, plz help me with what I need to do and know,no travel experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
temitayoolu:

Hello Bro, I would like to know if wifey used her passport that she had when she was single or she used the one bearing your name.

My wife is going for an interview soon and I have been to the US twice without ever over staying but we haven't changed her passport to my surname. Kindly advice
Either way is OK. Makes zero difference. Lotsa folks apply with maiden name. My passport is still in my maiden name
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
temitayoolu:

Hello Bro, I would like to know if wifey used her passport that she had when she was single or she used the one bearing your name.

My wife is going for an interview soon and I have been to the US twice without ever over staying but we haven't changed her passport to my surname. Kindly advice
Hello sir. She used a new passport bearing my name. I was told she could use the passport in her maiden name but the Visa issued will also be in her maiden name.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
blaqroy:
Hi everyone, I applied for b1b2 (Tourism) usa visa,when I was filling the form I put my friend's address who also sent me invitation letter and will be paying for the ticket as where I will be staying until 3weeks that I will return, now,is it advisable I get a hotel reservation because I met my friend on fb, and haven't seen him before or I should continue with his address, won't the VO question me about how long I have known my friend and all that? Preparing for my interview, plz help me with what I need to do and know,no travel experience

No enter one chance o! No further comments~

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayodelelucky: 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hello my fellow Nairalanders. Please I need your advice urgently. I applied for a B1 B2 Visa for an Academic Tour for October but I was denied the Visa because there was a mistake on my DS160 Confirmation slip which was filled on my behalf by the school agency using a form I filled correctly and handed it over to them. They gave us the DS160 confirmation slip but I only flipped through it, not knowing that a slight mistake was made on it. The place where they asked if I have immediate family in the States was NO which I thought was a YES. When the V.O asked if any Relatives resides in the states. I said YES :my mum and my elder sister. She further asked some questions like what do they do, when did my mum travel, who is sponsoring bla bla. But I was denied, my fear now is this she typed something on her computer before handling over the blue paper and I am planning of reapplying for Visiting next year 1st Semester break as I would be in my Finals by then. What if the V.O ask why I was denied what do you think I should say or If he asked if I have any relative in the states should I still maintain the same answer I gave because I dont want to contradict myself this time around. Also, what are my chances for demonstrating a strong ties in my country. I am about resuming my finals by January 2018 and I planned travelling during the break in May or June. Please your quick and insightful response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blaqroy: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
bigbus:

No enter one chance o! No further comments~
plz explain to me nah
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
ayodelelucky:
Hello my fellow Nairalanders. Please I need your advice urgently. I applied for a B1 B2 Visa for an Academic Tour for October but I was denied the Visa because there was a mistake on my DS160 Confirmation slip which was filled on my behalf by the school agency using a form I filled correctly and handed it over to them. They gave us the DS160 confirmation slip but I only flipped through it, not knowing that a slight mistake was made on it. The place where they asked if I have immediate family in the States was NO which I thought was a YES. When the V.O asked if any Relatives resides in the states. I said YES :my mum and my elder sister. She further asked some questions like what do they do, when did my mum travel, who is sponsoring bla bla. But I was denied, my fear now is this she typed something on her computer before handling over the blue paper and I am planning of reapplying for Visiting next year 1st Semester break as I would be in my Finals by then. What if the V.O ask why I was denied what do you think I should say or If he asked if I have any relative in the states should I still maintain the same answer I gave because I dont want to contradict myself this time around. Also, what are my chances for demonstrating a strong ties in my country. I am about resuming my finals by January 2018 and I planned travelling during the break in May or June. Please your quick and insightful response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

You're responsible for everything written on your ds160 form... As far as I know this is misrepresentation and you need to come clean if you want to clear your records but don't expect to get a U.S Visa when next you apply.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2017
blaqroy:

Personally, I'd be very very wary of staying with a stranger (a Facebook friend you've never met physically is a stranger in my opinion) in an unknown terrain. Maybe I've read and watched too many crime related programmes.

What if your friend turns out to be a psycho? If I were You, I'd definitely book (and intend to stay in) a hotel room and possibly save money for my ticket... so I'm not at anyone's mercy...

But that's Me!

And yes, the VO would like to know how you know this "friend"... and why he is paying so much for you to come see his country. You should be able to answer that question convincingly.

Na better friend you get grin
All the best

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 2:48am On Dec 19, 2017
Please, I currently have 700k in my account and I am just a secondary school teacher, earning less than 100k per month, I do freelancing to make ends meet.

Now, I want to travel to the States for Tourism, it will be probably be by April next year and by then, my money would av increased above 700k

I have lands I inherited from my father and I am the only son.

How do I prove my ties to Nigeria with the above listed and what's my probability of getting the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by julius99(m): 4:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Good Morning Guys, Hope we slept well?
pls someone should assist me with the nearest date available to schedule an appointment.
Thank you...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Solo84(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2017
julius99:
Good Morning Guys, Hope we slept well?
pls someone should assist me with the nearest date available to schedule an appointment.
Thank you...

Jan 19, 2018 is available Sir...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2017
Good morning sirs and mas, please this is urgent....please for a 15weeks pregnant woman travelling on vacation, does she need letter from port health centre to prove she is fit to fly Already has doctor's report. ... looking forward to your replies.Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temitayoolu(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Please, I currently have 700k in my account and I am just a secondary school teacher, earning less than 100k per month, I do freelancing to make ends meet.

Now, I want to travel to the States for Tourism, it will be probably be by April next year and by then, my money would av increased above 700k

I have lands I inherited from my father and I am the only son.

How do I prove my ties to Nigeria with the above listed and what's my probability of getting the visa?

They hardly check your account balance docs and the other documents that your present so bro don't stress. Check your DS160 form very well make sure you have filled enough info to convince the consular. Your DS160 and interview is your Key

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2017
temitayoolu:

They hardly check your account balance docs and the other documents that your present so bro don't stress. Check your DS160 form very well make sure you have filled enough info to convince the consular. Your DS160 and interview is your Key

OK, I appreciate but another question is, should I tell them that I am a teacher in a school or I should upgrade my statue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Africankel(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:

OK, I appreciate but another question is, should I tell them that I am a teacher in a school or I should upgrade my statue?

Be Honest...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2017
Slim86:
Good morning sirs and mas, please this is urgent....please for a 15weeks pregnant woman travelling on vacation, does she need letter from port health centre to prove she is fit to fly Already has doctor's report. ... looking forward to your replies.Thank you

No, I do not think you need a fit to fly that early.

For majority of airlines the fit to fly is required from 28 weeks of pregnancy. I just checked BA,Turkish, Etihad, Emirates... all said you can travel without a report up to your 28th week. Qatar airways says you do not have to come with a doctors certificate (aka fit to fly) but it is recommended to prevent delays at the airport.

I had to travel a lot (locally and internationally) during my pregnancy and was hardly asked for a fit to fly. The only time I got asked for a fit to fly was a local Dana air flight as I was going into the plane sef and I was 30 weeks gone at the time.

To be double sure, Please check with your preferred airline.

My advise is- if you are one of those women who have huge pregnancies (i.e. you are 15weeks but looks like you are giving birth tomorrow smiley), then you may need the doctors letter to show the gestational age. If your belle no comot too much- i honestly do not think you need one.

Again, check with your preferred airline.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:

No, please tell them you are a "BornAgain" University Professor!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2017
Fyorgyn:

No, please tell them you are a "BornAgain" University Professor!

cool

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by temitayoolu(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Be truth to your words since you are a teacher they would know that you have some ties which means you would come back and teach student however the issue might be your salary.

If you are a government teacher then that is also good.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
temitayoolu:

Be truth to your words since you are a teacher they would know that you have some ties which means you would come back and teach student however the issue might be your salary.

If you are a government teacher then that is also good.

Its a private international school
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pls,After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
]Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds

It is up to you... You can schedule your appointment for the next available date if you are ready but the validity of the visa fee is one year, meaning you must make use of it within a year of purchasing it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by deleazeezmay9(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
terrywales:
]Pls, After submitting my ds-160. Must my appointment date be 2 months from that date I submitted my ds

It is up to you... You can schedule your appointment for the next available date if you are ready but the validity of the visa fee is one year, meaning you must make use of it within a year of purchasing it.
tanks so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.