Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172159 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
jayfierce:
I am finding it a bit difficult to understand your point/question.
After going through your post, there was a place they asked you if you're pregnant and you answered ''no'' and later you're talking about preparing to give birth in U.S even providing financial details... maybe it was a typo please reread your post. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 12:48am On Dec 16, 2017
Well I was following the flow of the interview.
It's funny what we are made to go though at the embassies. Some of the questions didn't make sense to me.
You had already told the interviewer that you planned to stay in the US for 3 weeks and that you were not pregnant.
Most of the following questions didn't make sense.

Well maybe it's just me seeing it that way.

jayfierce:
I am finding it a bit difficult to understand your point/question.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2017
grin

Modified
Couldn't have been a typo. The post says the interviewer asked twice
seyewest:

After going through your post, there was a place they asked you if you're pregnant and you answered ''no'' and later you're talking about preparing to give birth in U.S even providing financial details... maybe it was a typo please reread your post. thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 12:51am On Dec 16, 2017
seyewest:

I think her post is clear enough.

She is not pregnant at this time but if she does get pregnant, within the validity of her visa, she will be happy to birth in the US.

Shikena

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 12:55am On Dec 16, 2017
It's not clear enough.
But your point is valid.
Which is why I had asked --"...multiple visa entry"
Fyorgyn:

I think her post is clear enough.

She is not pregnant at this time but if she does get pregnant, within the validity of her visa, she will be happy to birth in the US.

Shikena
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
Ummmmm
U are not pregnant, and u intend to be in the US for just 3 weeks.
How come the question if you intend to give birth in the US and the request of proof of funds to meet that purpose?
Or was it a multiple entry visa?

Yes.
It's commonsense. She just got married. Every visa is a multiple one. Though she's not pregnant now, there's a high likelihood she will be soon. So the vo dosent give her a Chance to be 'Naija'where she'll come and write letter of intent later.
It's better this way

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
It's funny what we are made to go though at the embassies. Some of the questions didn't make sense to me.
You had already told the interviewer that you planned to stay in the US for 3 weeks and that you were not pregnant.

Yes it is.
Cos your have not seen or heard half of what b the VOs are from us year to year so they have learnt to shoot without perching

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 1:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Anyway na desperation from Nigerians.. no be our fault.

LadyGuinivere:

Yes it is.
Cos your have not seen or heard half of what b the VOs are from us year to year so they have learnt to shoot without perching
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 1:41am On Dec 16, 2017
What is common sense about that? Explain
I guess it's commonsense to a group of people who think a particular way.
The VO may have asked those question in a different way.
Of course I'm not saying I expect her to say everything as it happened verbatim.

Modified
Never knew every visa is a multiple one.. I just learned something.

LadyGuinivere:

Yes.
It's commonsense. She just got married. Every visa is a multiple one. Though she's not pregnant now, there's a high likelihood she will be soon. So the vo dosent give her a Chance to be 'Naija'where she'll come and write letter of intent later.
It's better this way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 1:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
Anyway na desperation from Nigerians.. no be our fault.

I honestly think the VO did her a huge favour.

This way, she can use the visa to birth in the US without stress. Heavily pregnant women have been turned back from POE because they did not declare their intention... she has declared her intention AND has shown proof that she can afford it.

Someone on the birthing thread here on NL with a valid visa had to apply for visa to declare her intention to give birth in the US.

jayfierce madam met a good VO

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Oh yes, since that was her intention.

Fyorgyn:

This way, she can use the visa to birth in the US without stress.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:05am On Dec 16, 2017
Let me add that they want to be sure you have the funds. It benefits the United States that way.
They will give a million visas as long a they all have the funds.. come to think of it.. it's business

Fyorgyn:

This way, she can use the visa to birth in the US without stress. Heavily pregnant women have been turned back from POE because they did not declare their intention... she has declared her intention AND has shown proof that she can afford it.

Someone on the birthing thread here on NL with a valid visa had to apply for visa to declare her intention to give birth in the US.

jayfierce madam met a good VO

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Fyorgin , the system is really bad. Over in the US, the government ensure that the big companies -- the insurance and pharmaceutical companies -- make lots of money from the flawed health care system. They also ensure that many foreigners come and spend $25k (is it? )each just to give birth. Well I can't expect Nigerians to see the big picture.. It's a whole different perspective especially for Nigerians who don't really know how the US government works.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 2:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
Fyorgin , the system is really bad. Over in the US, the government ensure that the big companies -- the insurance and pharmaceutical companies -- make lots of money from the flawed health care system. They also ensure that many foreigners come and spend $25k (is it? )each just to give birth. Well I can't expect Nigerians to see the big picture.. It's a whole different perspective especially for Nigerians who don't really know how the US government works.

That's not true.

The US healthcare is already expensive and most are paid from the citizens private insurance or medicaid gotten by very low income US tax payers.

Most people going to birth in the US do it to obtain automatic US citizenship for their kids. It's a choice most women decide all on their own. Matter of fact, the population of the US is already so high and most US citizens are already birthing every minute, every day.

Some visitors who do decide to give birth in the US do not pay that high medical cost for child birth due to discounts offered to them.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:44am On Dec 16, 2017
Yes it is already expensive. Somebody already benefits from that.
And the insurance companies too benefit immensely from the system. I guess you know how insurance work.

Of course it is a choice, and many Nigerians would love to have their children born in the US, but what is the financial guideline? And why is that? Think
Why do the US grant this? To "help" Nigerians?

Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

The US healthcare is already expensive and most are paid from the citizens private insurance or medicaid gotten by very low income US tax payers.

Most people going to birth in the US do it to obtain automatic US citizenship for their kids. It's a choice most women decide all on their own. Matter of fact, the population of the US is already so high and most US citizens are already birthing every minute, every day.

Some visitors who do decide to give birth in the US do not pay that high medical cost for child birth due to discounts offered to them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 5:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:

LadyGuinivere and Fyorgyn are spot on.

We had prepared for this interview with the study of transcripts here on Nairaland and personal experience of my colleagues. One of my colleagues was asked if he would want to give birth in the US and he said no out of fear. The VO noted that he had the funds for it so all he needed to say was yes and he would input a note for to help him at POE. He still said no but later used it for child birth. Another colleague had terrible difficulty at POE while another was put on a plane and sent back. More than 50% of my colleagues that I know of have made use of the US Medical system.

On a lighter note, Wifey had a dream last weekend that they asked her for documents and she didn't have them and she screamed in the dream "chai. My husband will kill me oh" We laughed over it that its probably Banga soup or stressed induced cheesy. However she stopped arguing about documents after that and complied with getting her account statements before the interview. She didn't initially see the need of the documents since we were going for visit. She felt it won't be requested for. That we can come for another interview to declare intent to give birth in the US when the time comes. The VO graciously advanced our plans and my wife took the opportunity. I guess that's the definition of favour.

Also note that the funds spoken of are mutual funds. Instead of keeping money in savings account, i invested in mutual funds since mid 2016. So its not like we set aside millions in my savings account for childbirth and presented it to the VO smiley.

CC seyewest

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 6:06am On Dec 16, 2017
Well what I was saying is it's not commonsense as you may as well like to put it. Your intentions as well as the VO's motive is not what we are actually debating here. I was just saying it wasn't clear to me. But well, for people who are into these type of things and who know people who are into it, it would definitely be common knowledge.

Thanks for clearing the air on mutual funds. But whether you set the money aside or not, the assumption at the embassy is that the funds will be liquidable at the intended time of use. Doesn't remove anything from the point I was making.

jayfierce:

We had prepared for this interview with the study of transcripts here on Nairaland and personal experience of my colleagues. One of my colleagues was asked if he would want to give birth in the US and he said no out of fear. The VO noted that he had the funds for it so all he needed to say was yes and he would input a note for to help him at POE. He still said no but later used it for child birth. Another colleague had terrible difficulty at POE while another was put on a plane and sent back. More than 50% of my colleagues that I know of have made use of the US Medical system.

On a lighter note, Wifey had a dream last weekend that they asked her for documents and she didn't have them and she screamed in the dream "chai. My husband will kill me oh" We laughed over it that its probably Banga soup or stressed induced cheesy. However she stopped arguing about documents after that and complied with getting her account statements before the interview. She didn't initially see the need of the documents since we were going for visit. She felt it won't be requested for. That we can come for another interview to declare intent to give birth in the US when the time comes. The VO graciously advanced our plans and my wife

Also note that the funds spoken of are mutual funds. Instead of keeping money in savings account, i invested in mutual funds since mid 2016. So its not like we set aside millions in my savings account for childbirth and presented it to the VO smiley.

CC seyewest

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 6:14am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
Well what I was saying is it's not commonsense as you may as well like to put it. Your intentions as well as the VO's motive is not what we are actually debating here. I was just saying it wasn't clear to me. But well, for people who are into these type of things and who know people who are into it, it would definitely be common knowledge.

Thanks for clearing the air on mutual funds. But whether you set the money aside or not, the assumption at the embassy is that the funds will be liquidable at the intended time of use. Doesn't remove anything from the point I was making.

Na real air clearing cheesy. Doh.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Champora: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Babe, please use black instead of red to darken sensitive information.

Thanks a lot for this, I've taken it down rather. Thank you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Champora: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Joebie:
There is nothing to be scared about. You chose the right Visa Type.
You never even reach interview venue, u dey fear.
Calm down. It’s not a do or die affair. Keep this in mind as it will help you during your interview

Lol thanks a lot, my dear going through a lot of feedbacks on the thread and reading that a couple of people had been turned back because of an error or mismatch on their confirmation page or appointment letter, I didn't want that to be the same case with me, so I needed clarification. Thanks again I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
Based on the little I know, people could be turned down for any reason senseless or not. You will be fine
Champora:

Lol thanks a lot, my dear going through a lot of feedbacks on the thread and reading that a couple of people had been turned back because of an error or mismatch on their confirmation page or appointment letter, I didn't want that to be the same case with me, so I needed clarification. Thanks again I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Joebie: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
Lol

jayfierce:
Na real air clearing cheesy. Doh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rachie83:
Your passport must have 6month validity period at the point of entry, if you had read this part 3 thread you would have known.
I read Nigeria is exempt from the six month rule.

See link below:

https://www.immihelp.com/visas/six-months-passport-validity-rule-visitors.html

cc: Cersei
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oluwanifemifola: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
Does a mum need a letter of no objection from her husband when applying for visa for the kids. The mum has a visa and will be traveling with the kids. Their father will not be traveling with them due to his busy schedule. Does she need a letter of no objection from her husband?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ikuoma4rea: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
My family are in the UK and i have an appointment for next week so any home ties i need to know.she is studing in d UK presently.I work here in nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
jayfierce:

On a lighter note, Wifey had a dream last weekend that they asked her for documents and she didn't have them and she screamed in the dream "chai. My husband will kill me oh" We laughed over it that its probably Banga soup or stressed induced cheesy. However she stopped arguing about documents after that and complied with getting her account statements before the interview. She didn't initially see the need of the documents since we were going for visit. She felt it won't be requested for. That we can come for another interview to declare intent to give birth in the US when the time comes. The VO graciously advanced our plans and my wife took the opportunity. I guess that's the definition of favour.

CC seyewest

Thank you for clarifying my confusion and also providing another alternatives for people who want to birth legally to do so...
Congrats and enjoy your trip when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
LegitBachelor:
I read Nigeria is exempt from the six month rule.

See link below:

https://www.immihelp.com/visas/six-months-passport-validity-rule-visitors.html

That website is not the official U.S Embassy website and you and the website are both wrong sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
seyewest:

That website is not the official U.S Embassy website and you and the website are both wrong sir.
I think you are wrong sir. I did more search and found out Nigeria is exempt from the Six Month Rule. You are only required to have a passport that is valid for your intended period of stay. So if you intend staying for 1 month, then the CBP guys will verify to see if your passport is valid for that stipulated period and then they will stamp just 1 month. But if your passport is valid beyond 6 months they will only stamp 6 months as that's the maximum stay for a visit visa.

I will post an excerpt of what LagosNIV said in that regard:

LagosNIV:
Hello Od31 -

All visitors are required to have a passport that is valid for their entire intended period of stay.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Jan/Six-Month%20Club%20Update%2012-5-16.pdf

LagosNIV

I also recommend you click on the link he provided wink

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kristinbaby: 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
Mr. Bachelor. Are you back from your trip?
LegitBachelor:
I think you are wrong sir. I did more search and found out Nigeria is exempt from the Six Month Rule. You are only required to have a passport that is valid for your intended period of stay. So if you intend staying for 1 month, then the CBP guys will verify to see if your passport is valid for that stipulated period and then they will stamp just 1 month. But if your passport is valid beyond 6 months they will only stamp 6 months as that's the maximum stay for a visit visa.

I will post an excerpt of what LagosNIV said in that regard:

I also recommend you click on the link he provided wink

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
kristinbaby:
Mr. Bachelor. Are you back from your trip?
No, I'm still in the States. Enjoying the smooth wifi wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 1:51am On Dec 17, 2017
seyewest:

Thank you for clarifying my confusion and also providing another alternatives for people who want to birth legally to do so...
Congrats and enjoy your trip when the time comes.
Lol. Nor be only you the matter confuse. We've been analyzing everything and DW pointed out something I overlooked:

DW and I visited Dubai a few months back before we got married. The Nigerian immigration officer stamped my entry from Dubai adjacent the US visa sticker much to my annoyance. This could be the reason why the VO asked for the US visa more than once and asked how many times I've been to the US. It could also be why it generated a new set of personal questions after she took a second look. Like where did you meet him? When did you get married? When did you get engaged?

DW's passport and responses would have confirmed to the VO that we traveled to Dubai after engagement but before marriage. The VO must have decided to ask if DW was pregnant again because all this Dubai to US waka could be out of pregnancy. I guess the VO finally decided to create the opportunity just in case DW is pregnant to avoid stories that touch.

Thanks for the wishes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by keepinfaith: 4:54am On Dec 17, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. I think you don't need a visa to visit any ECOWAS country e.g. Ghana, Togo, Benin republic etc, so that probably no longer is a tangible travel history, my opinion.
2. Another point, how did your sister enter the US?
3. And what is with "graduation ceremonies"? it would make more sense to me, that the father and/or the mother would be the one's going for the offspring's graduation ceremony. (a VO might think along this way)
4. You are leaving your family behind to visit your sister, why can't you go as a family? maybe your finances are not as strong as you claim (a VO might think along this way)

i was looking online on google and saw an article saying Nigerians now need visa to go to Ghana?
please how true is this?
also can nigerians buy a one way ticket to Ghana or is a round trip ticket required?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.