Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! (23653 Views)

Some Laughable Sayings Peculiar To Occupation In Nigeria-joke / Why Oprah Fired Dr. Phil! (warning This Joke Is Racist Not For Sensitive Folks) / Racist Old Woman In A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by morpheus24: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2010
@TPIA

More monkeys

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by morpheus24: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2010
Monkey giving peace sign

Oh, sorry this one na ape, My bad

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2010
sad sad sad
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by COOLDK(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
Infact! Ds na real thing cos evry one resemble monkey. If u want 2 argue wt me, stand infront of a mirror then put ur 2 palm on each side of ur face, now drag down ur face, how do u look like? Now compare ur self wt d posted monkeys pics, whc specie do u belong 2?
@ poster, u really resemble 9ja monkey dt y u de post ds topic. U don get new name now whc all d forum go agree wt me: ( 'MORPHEUS 24' D "9JA MONKEY"wink
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Godmother(f): 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2010
LMAO how do you guys get your pix
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by romsky: 2:54pm On Apr 28, 2010
lol cheesy
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by seyiphoto: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2010
may God help us alll
madlady:

smiley

Love this thread.

This is my  monkey lookalike

in the most respectful way if u call yaslef mad then you must be a genius
all hail her royal madness!!!!
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by tanimz(f): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2010
seyiphoto:

may God help us alll
in the most respectful way if u call yaslef mad then you must be a genius
all hail her royal madness!!!!

Thank you for the HAIL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Gamine(f): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
Europeans

Man,

Woman
[img]http://weirdimals.files./2009/08/proboscis-monkey1.jpg[/img]

Child with blue eyes

Red-haired Uncle
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Linguist(f): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2010
ure indeed not a racist but a funist. there's absolutely nothin we wont compare. nairalanders!
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2010
:d

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2010
undecided :-x
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2010
White guy. lipsrsealed

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Aaoe: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2010
Yours Truly.

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Iyineda(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
The logic of the thread/topic is flawed because, granted that in most pics there are strong ressemblances between the indigenous men and monkeys of a given region, you cannot extend the comparison to the other men of those particular regions. Are you with me?

In short, yes the man you chose in one pic looks similar to the monkey of the region he lives in, but that man DOES NOT represent all the other men in said region. So, no. The 'phenomenon' you're refering too isn't actually noteworthy. smiley
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by morpheus24: 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2010
Iyineda:

The logic of the thread/topic is flawed because, granted that in most pics there are strong ressemblances between the indigenous men and monkeys of a given region, you cannot extend the comparison to the other men of those particular regions. Are you with me?

In short, yes the man you chose in one pic looks similar to the monkey of the region he lives in, but that man DOES NOT represent all the other men in said region. So, no. The 'phenomenon' you're refering too isn't actually noteworthy. smiley
Why do you guys like to look for arguements where there really isn't one.

To answer the above bolded part. The answer is: to the Human eye, Yes he does represent all the other men in a given locality. We are not comparing humans to humans here are we?
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Iyineda(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2010
^^^ Wow. . . The worst part is that you actually insist your logic is perfectly sound. Staggering.

I repeat. No the chosen man in random pic DOES NOT AND CANNOT represent one people. We are still too different physically even if we share similar traits (skin colour, nose shape, etc.).

I was born and raised in Nigeria for 10 years. However, last time I came to the country I was asked SEVERAL times by colleagues what my country of origin was - and by people who are familiar with foreign faces because this happened in a large oil company I underwent an internship in.
Believe me or not I got some people guessing "Egypt, Black Arabian, non African, half-caste", etc. My mum is Igbo, my dad Yoruba. But apparently I don't "look like the common Nigerian". . . if that means anything.

Conclusion: generalization = form of manicheanism.
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Hauwa1: 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
straight hair monkey, how do you explain that? they permed their hair?
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by jubilant2(f): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
Its really funny comparing monkeys and man. lipsrsealed
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Iyineda(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ *Hauwa*
I don't know if that sentence is directed to me but I sure hope it's not your way to give me a counter argument. Go ask a zoologist. It's basically a story of genes.
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by morpheus24: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
Iyineda:

^^^ Wow. . . The worst part is that you actually insist your logic is perfectly sound. Staggering.

I repeat. No the chosen man in random pic DOES NOT AND CANNOT represent one people. We are still too different physically even if we share similar traits (skin colour, nose shape, etc.).

I was born and raised in Nigeria for 10 years. However, last time I came to the country I was asked SEVERAL times by colleagues what my country of origin was - and by people who are familiar with foreign faces because this happened in a large oil company I underwent an internship in.
Believe me or not I got some people guessing "Egypt, Black Arabian, non African, half-caste", etc. My mum is Igbo, my dad Yoruba. But apparently I don't "look like the common Nigerian". . . if that means anything.

Conclusion: generalization = form of manicheanism.

You need to go check your dad or mums DNA sample. You are obviously an anomaly of sorts,

Again if comparing Humans to Humans one can definitively use the arguement you postulate above in coparing two individuals from the same locality they can obviously differ but you are comparing monkey populations phenotypical facial characteristics to Human population facial characteristics. We are not talking about color, craniometrics or body morphology

The men depicted in the pictures are representative of the localities they come from. The example of yourself is an irrelevant sampling.

Case in point I could have used either one of these indian men for my sampling even though they look different from each other,

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by deco2come: 6:52am On Apr 29, 2010
Interesting Topic. I have also been studying monkeys life and their characters. But for some years now, I've been trying to figure out which group of individuals do these monkeys resemble.

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by deco2come: 6:55am On Apr 29, 2010
m

Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by oyinda3(f): 7:04am On Apr 29, 2010
WHY DON'T YOU JUST HAVE A GOOD LAUGH AND MOVE ON.

ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS,

because i don't find it funny?
besides, the fact that you had to put "now, i'm not racist but. . " in the title shows that u understand the flaw in the thread. it's not a joke plz stop it. ur promoting rubbish. ppl will actually believe this stuff from reading the posts.
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by oyinda3(f): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2010
morpheus24:

You need to go check your dad or mums DNA sample. You are obviously an anomaly of sorts,

Again if comparing Humans to Humans one can definitively use the arguement you postulate above in coparing two individuals from the same locality they can obviously differ but you are comparing monkey populations phenotypical facial characteristics to Human population facial characteristics. We are not talking about color, craniometrics or body morphology

The men depicted in the pictures are representative of the localities they come from. The example of yourself is an irrelevant sampling.

Case in point I could have used either one of these indian men for my sampling even though they look different from each other,

you are actually trying to make an "argument" for your ridiculousness?

pls tell me why this west african mangabey monkey DOES NOT resemble the west african human below it.

[img]http://primatology.files./2008/05/conchita-white-naped-mangabey-1.jpg[/img]

it blows my mind as well. I thought morpheus was smarter than that!!!
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Hauwa1: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2010
the thing that is more fascinating to me abt a monkey is how they feed their youngs and back them. isn't God wonderful!!
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by DL(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2010
I have been studying primates including humans with an emphasis on adaptive phenotypical qualities and can't but recognize the similar facial adaptations of species of monkeys with species of humans who inhabit the same area.

Case in point:Notice the similarities of photos of monkeys to their human counterparts and if you don't see some resemblance then I will be checking myself into the psych hospital cause my eyes most be playing tricks on me.
@oyinda, are you saying you've not seen some resemblance in the first set of pictures the OP posted?

pls tell me why this west african mangabey monkey DOES NOT resemble the west african human below it.
There will always be exceptions.

it's not a joke plz stop it. your promoting rubbish. ppl will actually believe this stuff from reading the posts.
No one needs to tell me the similarities between monkeys and man,Iv been told that since kindergarten.

@Iyineda
means nuffin, you're one of the exceptions I was talking about.
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by madlady(f): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2010
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by maedan(f): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2010
madlady:

Hmmm lipsrsealed

Lol. Humans and monkeys, human and dogs. What the hell next??
Re: Now, I Am Not Racist But This Is a very Peculiar Phenomena!!! by Pain(m): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2010
Welcome to MonkeyLand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Dame Patience - My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth / People Mistake Me For Rihanna! / Akpos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.