Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (39119 Views)

The Homily Of Most Rev Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo At The Funeral Mass If The Vict / We Have Uncovered Plans To Islamise Nigeria By 2025 –CAN / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Fasholu: 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala
Invalid observation! You do understand the faith belongs to the orthodox church, and they have a natural right to protect it as they see fit?

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by KelaAgbara(m): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
And Some shameless Christians are still here pointing fingers instead of praying for wisdom to understand the message......Am very sure the Bishop on point

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by freshboi88: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala

The two largest churches n Europe is now Ashimolowo and Adelaja church....bros who do u like this??....that person wicked o

5 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Referendum50(f): 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Desyner:
This man isn't telling it all. Prosperity of the Christian south is the reason a muslim north will want to remain in a nation with infidels. Let us restructure so the 'infidel' won't corrupt the 'holy' economics of islam they say no.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by nothernstar: 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.
you are talking rubish and deviating from the path. Truth be told. Any that wakes up any day that God has called him, watch the person with a pinch of salt. He is about to start another biz center in the name of church. But alas, you give account of your did one day.

5 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by talk2percy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Religion is bad, especially for Africans! The people will live happily together if religion were to be taken out of the picture....

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by GIO7: 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
tongue undecidedlaziness fa... let me advice all niralanders dat any church dat preaches prosperity and it doesnt include ur soul... ogbeninla pack what u came with 2 dat church with nd run...

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by HajimeSaito(m): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Sultannayef: 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
"We have not yet done research on how much damage prosperity gospel has done to the psyche of Christianity in our country. Prosperity gospel provides cheap solutions to complex realities of life and so many people have heard it, so often, that they begin to believe it; that it is actually possible to have cancer and pray it away, when doctors are actually available; that it is possible to fail exams, and still become the director of a bank, if you pray enough. People believe that in Nigeria"

Nigerians are just gullible..

6 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by justice2100: 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lalasticlala
Secularism has a new meaning " anything against Islam or approve of by the west" just like Terrorism "any killing by a Muslim"
There may be a policy which may adversely affect one religion over the other in Nigeria. But am wise and educated enough to know that NO leader or leaders in Nigeria that will attempt to convert the Nation in to a single Faith. that is at best a political opposition tool used by either side when it suit them.
I admit it's there, am not responsible for bringing it but am responsible for managing my self well enough so that I will not be consumed by it or fall a victim of it.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by akigbemaru: 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by UchaNwababa: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
InsanePsycho:
Can someone just ban the belief of imaginary nonsense and save us the stress of listening to these idiots undecided
Don't Insult a man of God.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by justice2100: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
"Prosperity gospel provides cheap solutions to complex realities of life and so many people have heard it, so often, that they begin to believe it; that it is actually possible to have cancer and pray it away, when doctors are actually available; that it is possible to fail exams, and still become the director of a bank, if you pray enough. People believe that in Nigeria"
Illiteracy: Illiterates+Educated-Illiterates
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Diago02(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] So Sad To Read Dis Nonsense......
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Kamoryemi2580(m): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
calddon:
Too long...summary pls

summary= CAN and Lai Muhammad na 5&6
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by InsanePsycho(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
UchaNwababa:
Don't Insult a man of God.

O
K

God is dumb for having such dumb people to represent it smiley
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by frankgreat(m): 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.
just listen to yourself, that is why the Christendom can never be one, that's why it will be very easy to islamize Nigeria because we are not one..some say they are Catholics other say there are celestial some others say they are encanca, some say Pentecostal..Even in Pentecostal they are still divided..I heard of a family that have three pastors with three different churches..which way my people, which way?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by semyman: 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Lalasticlala
Pentecostalism is not Christianity, it's business enterprising, tithes and offerings are the only attractions for the investors, they are far from Christ Jesus

5 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Kennydoc(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
charlsecy:
Please explain how this relates to prosperity preaching? Kindly reconcile your submission with the prosperity-preaching concept of praying cancer away, or passing an exam just because of praying

This is a bishop that doesn't understand the workings of the power of God. It's likely he hasn't seen or experienced a miracle even as a priest and bishop. How can a leader of the church talk down on praying cancer away? Aren't believers supposed to have such powers? Jesus said, "greater works shall ye do because I go to the Father", and we know that Jesus did what was more difficult than praying cancer away. How come Christians today see it as impossible to do miracles?

There is a balance in all these things depending on people's level of faith. If your faith isn't strong to pray cancer away, go to hospital. But the fact remains that people have done that before and got healing.
And by the way, cancer isn't even such a good example to be used by the bishop cos most people with cancers that go to the doctors only get a little prolongation of their lives. Doctors often don't have a perfect solution to most cancers.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
Wow! I personally treated this News yesterday smiley
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
blackjack21:

امثال 26 1 كالثلج في الصيف وكالمطر في الحصاد هكذا الكرامة غير لائقة بالجاهل.

that is proverbs 26 verse 1 in islamic bible.
i hope you know what proverbs 26 said about your like: Just as snow should not fall in summer, nor rain at harvest time, so people should not honor a fool.
Yet a generational cunt like you like you would scream blue murder if Christians were to replace that same inscription to Hebrew or change that same word from Allah to Jehovah. Don't come here with your fish brain to give some crappy nonsense arguments. Arabic is an heavily islamised language or what can your deteriorating brain reason as motivation for putting an inscription that half the country does not understand on the national currency which language is not native nor colonial. Even a fool should know that the inscription was placed on religious motivations and not because some Nigerians just fancy Arabic.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by franxalive(m): 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
Who read it, should please summarize.
Headache dey worry me.

Hahahhahahahaha....you damn 4nny lolz

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by UchaNwababa: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
The Holy one has Spoken.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
GOD BLESS THIS MAN...
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
freshboi88:

The two largest churches n Europe is now Ashimolowo and Adelaja church....bros who do u like this??....that person wicked o
Behave like an intelligent person once in a while. If you do not understand a thing then seek clarity and if you must refute then refute with a contrary answer.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by UchaNwababa: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
InsanePsycho:

O
K

God is dumb for having such dumb people to represent it smiley
learn how to respect an Odained Priest to Avoid the wrath of God
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
Fasholu:
Invalid observation! You do understand the faith belongs to the orthodox church, and they have a natural right to protect it as they see fit?
No one can lay claim on any religion. Or where did the founder of Christianity say explicitly that Orthodox churches are the owners or sole protectors of d Christian faith.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Oxenomy: 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
He made so much sense. Some pastors brainwash their student members that once they sow seed and pray, they will pass the exam even though they don't read.. If you don't read your book, you fail.. If you like pray for seven days and nights..

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by brookz: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Bishop don buy job for himself. prepare to receive enough bashing of ur life from cradle-Bishophood.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Amein(m): 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
skulgen:
Python dancers marched to the EAST. Crocodile smilers marched to the SOUTH and WEST, while World bank developers, marched to the NORTH.
What are u thinking now.... Yes i mean u.
May tht truth in ur mind now rest in u. In ur still small voice. When u re alone n quiet. Think about this country
Where were you when Jonathan declare state of emergency in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
charlsecy:
Please explain how this relates to prosperity preaching? Kindly reconcile your submission with the prosperity-preaching concept of praying cancer away, or passing an exam just because of praying
When these Catholics complain about prosperity teaching they mean an excessive emphasis on Material wealth as if they don't collect tithes and offerings too. It is not as if the Pentecostals are taking more tithe than the Catholic Church so what is the noise all about? This same catholic church has investments in Gold yet they are screaming against the Pentecostals. What hypocrisy!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Is There Really Life After Death? / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.