Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,169 members, 7,811,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (39124 Views)

The Homily Of Most Rev Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo At The Funeral Mass If The Vict / We Have Uncovered Plans To Islamise Nigeria By 2025 –CAN / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by NaeChris: 4:07am On Oct 16, 2017
False Prophet.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

**for those asking about my source for catholic wealth you can check this links
https://douglasbeaumont.com/2015/07/13/catholic-wealth-and-spending/amp/

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

This is the problem the bishop is talking about. You claim the Catholic Church has over 170 billion USD but you forgot to mention the pope does not have a private jet like your fraudulent pentecostal pastors. The pope nor reverend fathers do not have a rolls royce like your cash and carry general overseers. The pope nor reverend fathers do not perform fraudulent miracles like your pentecostal C.E.O to attract more customers to their businesses. The Catholic Church don't ask you to sow seeds to get billions in return like your brainwashing pastors and general overseers do. The Catholic Church don't invite secular musicians and comedians to trill the congregation like your designer and prosperity pentecostal churches do. The catholic church don't entertain fabricated stories in the form of testimony just to hoodwink the gullible that your god of men and general overseers/C.E.Os have pwers that can raise a rotten corpes back to life. I hope you can see the difference. What you people are practicing is far from christianity afterall the bible say not all who mention lord, lord, will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Prosperity and wealth seekers.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

What are u saying again? The Christian church has been collecting tithes and offerings for thousands of years. Is there anything the Pentecostals are collecting that is exceptional from what the catholics or orthodox do

Of course. The tithes and offerings collected in the Catholic Church does to go into private pockets to purchase rolls royce and private jets.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by einsteino(m): 4:19am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

It is everywhere bruh!

Sir, the same link you quoted says the chunk of that sum is spent on people, 57% on healthcare, 28% on colleges, 2.7% on charities and it employs over a million people. only 6% on day to day parish operations(worldwide). Though I agree with some of your points, I also think you should update your post to show the details, so people can discern for themselves if it is bad or good to spend $170billion annually in such manner. here is what i saw from the source you listed.

The Economist estimates that annual spending by the church and entities owned by the church was around $170 billion in 2010 (the church does not release such figures). We think 57% of this goes on health-care networks, followed by 28% on colleges, with parish and diocesan day-to-day operations accounting for just 6% and national charitable activities just 2.7% (see chart). In total, Catholic institutions employ over 1m people, reckons Fred Gluck, a former McKinsey managing partner and co-founder of the National Leadership Roundtable on Church Management, a lay organisation seeking to improve the way the church is run. For purposes of secular comparison, in 2010 General Electric’s revenue was $150 billion and Walmart employed roughly 2m people.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 16, 2017
KelaAgbara:
And Some shameless Christians are still here pointing fingers instead of praying for wisdom to understand the message......Am very sure the Bishop on point

Don't mind the pharisees, they are lost in their world of materialism.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by PaddyX: 4:26am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

The Catholic Church has a population of roughly half a billion people. If
you divide the amount you mentioned by the number of people, you will see that the amount per person is very small compared to winners church which has a similar amount but less than 5 million worshippers
Did your source also tell you how many jets the Pope owns?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Lin2o(f): 4:30am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

you are shallow minded...... May God have mercy on you
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by freshboi88: 4:35am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

Behave like an intelligent person once in a while. If you do not understand a thing then seek clarity and if you must refute then refute with a contrary answer.

U didn't behave like an intelligent person by saying that nonsense u said up there. I've nothing to refute, u should laugh at ur stupidity for ever thinking, believing that. Google is ur friend enlighten urself
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

When these Catholics complain about prosperity teaching they mean an excessive emphasis on Material wealth as if they don't collect tithes and offerings too. It is not as if the Pentecostals are taking more tithe than the Catholic Church so what is the noise all about? This same catholic church has investments in Gold yet they are screaming against the Pentecostals. What hypocrisy!

I beg go borrow sense if you no get. Show me one catholic priest that owns a private jet. The tithes and offerings collected in the Catholic chorch does not go into the priest's pocket unlike your pastors and G.Os. who use it to fund their worldly lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Amberon11: 4:50am On Oct 16, 2017
your bishop is not wise. Didnt jesus heal diseases worse than cancer? What exactly is your bishop trying to say? That is why i always say that Catholics are not Christians. Do you know there is a saying that the doctor only treats the sickness but that God is the healer? Is your pastor trying to say that God cannot heal cancer?

With God , ALL things are possible, not some. And how is proclaiming that God can heal cancer prosperity preaching?

charlsecy:
Please explain how this relates to prosperity preaching? Kindly reconcile your submission with the prosperity-preaching concept of praying cancer away, or passing an exam just because of praying

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 16, 2017
He's got a point, our pastors are only interested in jets, lamborginis and million seater auditoriums.
Wait until those cash cows they call their members convert to islam then their eye go clear.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by zoedew: 5:31am On Oct 16, 2017
With respect to the Bishop he missed the point. That he missed the point is not wholly attributable to him but to CAN’s failure to properly state the obvious in the matter of the Islamization of Nigeria. THE TRUTH IS ISLAM TAKES NO PRISONERS! Put differently, Islam recognizes only a living space and government that is wholly Islamic and where Sharia governs ALL aspects of life with ALL LIVING TOTALLY SUBMISSIVE TO THE WILL OF ALLAH. Saudi Arabia where no other faith is permitted is the near example of what it is to say Islam takes no prisoners.
Were all to be Christians in Nigeria it would not matter to Christianity beyond intercession for a change of mind where any citizen thereafter choose to be a Muslim and openly practice his new found faith. Islam is not so. Islam does not guarantee freedom of worship. It is classic taqqiya when Muslims say otherwise. That is what CAN has not been able to effectively communicate!
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by matthew4grace(m): 5:42am On Oct 16, 2017
SORRY MR MAN, WHERE DID U GET THAT FIGURE FROM?[/quote]

Help me ask am oh,one thing about Nigeria is that you can not tell them the truth. They will take it other way round
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by matthew4grace(m): 5:42am On Oct 16, 2017

Help me ask am oh,one thing about Nigerians is that you can not tell them the truth. They will take it other way round

Help me ask am oh,one thing about Nigeria is that you can not tell them the truth. They will take it other way round
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by cstr1000: 5:56am On Oct 16, 2017
But what is the draw that islam offers to a neutal? I can't see it.
The most powerful countries in the world are Christian like Russia or majority Christian like the US,and western Europe(NATO), while some of the poorest and violent are Islamic.
Why should a nation looking to develop choose islam?

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Sheunma: 5:58am On Oct 16, 2017
Xda59:

This is the problem the bishop is talking about. You claim the Catholic Church has over 170 billion USD but you forgot to mention the pope does not have a private jet like your fraudulent pentecostal pastors. The pope nor reverend fathers do not have a rolls royce like your cash and carry general overseers. The pope nor reverend fathers do not perform fraudulent miracles like your pentecostal C.E.O to attract more customers to their businesses. The Catholic Church don't ask you to sow seeds to get billions in return like your brainwashing pastors and general overseers do. The Catholic Church don't invite secular musicians and comedians to trill the congregation like your designer and prosperity pentecostal churches do. The catholic church don't entertain fabricated stories in the form of testimony just to hoodwink the gullible that your god of men and general overseers/C.E.Os have pwers that can raise a rotten corpes back to life. I hope you can see the difference. What you people are practicing is far from christianity afterall the bible say not all who mention lord, lord, will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Prosperity and wealth seekers.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Dnaz(m): 6:10am On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=Amberon11 post=61461075]your bishop is not wise. Didnt jesus heal diseases worse than cancer? What exactly is your bishop trying to say? That is why i always say that Catholics are not Christians. Do you know there is a saying that the doctor only treats the sickness but that God is the healer? Is your pastor trying to say that God cannot heal cancer?

With God , ALL things are possible, not some. And how is proclaiming that God can heal cancer prosperity preaching?

[/quote

Pentecostals are not Christian. They are businessmen
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by ladgentle(m): 6:22am On Oct 16, 2017
I think people misunderstand what real prosperity means. Prosperity is the superimposition of the divine life in the human spirit over the natural. The divine life is superior to the natural life because it operates on highers laws. That was why Jesus could walk on water, multiplied loaves of bread etc. The born again christian has the divine life. So prosperity is NOT cutting corners or looking for cheap means to get one's desire. It is simply employing higher laws for the advancement of the plans and purposes of God for the benefit of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by LorDBolton(m): 6:22am On Oct 16, 2017
skulgen:
Python dancers marched to the EAST.
Crocodile smilers marched to the SOUTH and WEST,
while World bank developers, marched to the NORTH.

What are u thinking now....
Yes i mean u.

May tht truth in ur mind now rest in u.
In ur still small voice.
When u re alone n quiet.
Think about this country
EAST: IPOB ND: MILITANTS WEST:MILITANTS NORTH EAST: BOKO

Lafiya dole in the north

Keep deceiving yourself with half truths.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Fasholu: 6:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

No one can lay claim on any religion. Or where did the founder of Christianity say explicitly that Orthodox churches are the owners or sole protectors of d Christian faith.
Matthew 16:18
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by mmsen: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2017
"And that’s where I come to the issue of the prosperity gospel. We have not yet done research on how much damage prosperity gospel has done to the psyche of Christianity in our country. Prosperity gospel provides cheap solutions to complex realities of life and so many people have heard it, so often, that they begin to believe it; that it is actually possible to have cancer and pray it away, when doctors are actually available; that it is possible to fail exams, and still become the director of a bank, if you pray enough. People believe that in Nigeria."

No lies told.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Marsnizz: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala
Are you pained because you are from pentacostal church?I always tell people to think twice .The bible we read in Nigeria before and today is written in English and it's not all the people who knows how to write and read with English. some only knows how to read in Arabic despite the fact that Nigeria is not Saudi Arabia. Brother, get it right.Removing Arabic inscription on Nigeria currency notes is part of christianization and westernization and you cannot do it in a country like Nigeria where we have 40% population of Christian who read their bible with English in a western way and 60% population of Muslim who must of them cannot comfortably read English text preferably to Arabic . you can go to some northern state in Nigeria today ,you will be shock to hear must of the people sometime preferred speaking Arabic than English. Note Muslim Christian population in Nigeria is 60,40.Finally,if you can allow me use your brain because its not in use let me categorically information you that leaving English inscription on our naira note signify Christianity since the holy bible has same but if you remove Arabic there it cannot signify the inclusion of Muslim in the general agenda of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Bimpe29: 6:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Bishop Badejo tell them again biko.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by ElsonMorali: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2017
Luckianti:
Everyone has a right like the bishop said. Let the brown roof republicans listen to thier bishop and start christianization agenda instead of masturbating all over the e-space about Biafra and IPOB...

And what will you the red mud Republicans do? Keep on worshipping Nnamdi Kunu or ship yourselves to Israel to form Jewish?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2017
Xda59:

I beg go borrow sense if you no get. Show me one catholic priest that owns a private jet. The tithes and offerings collected in the Catholic chorch does not go into the priest's pocket unlike your pastors and G.Os. who use it to fund their worldly lifestyles.
Mumu the pope himself flies Alitalia so what are you saying? Or have u ever seen the pope disembark from a commercial jet before? Don't you see the pope and his aides being the only ones to disembark from his plane when travelling? How is that different from what rccg top guns do. So yes the pope flies a private jet but of course most catholic priest do not. Same as rccg for instance. Adeboye flies a private jet but not all rccg pastors own jets either.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Lin2o:
you are shallow minded...... May God have mercy on you
No you are the one with the shallow brain and yes may God have Mercy upon me.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2017
einsteino:

Sir, the same link you quoted says the chunk of that sum is spent on people, 57% on healthcare, 28% on colleges, 2.7% on charities and it employs over a million people. only 6% on day to day parish operations(worldwide). Though I agree with some of your points, I also think you should update your post to show the details, so people can discern for themselves if it is bad or good to spend $170billion annually in such manner. here is what i saw from the source you listed.

The Economist estimates that annual spending by the church and entities owned by the church was around $170 billion in 2010 (the church does not release such figures). We think 57% of this goes on health-care networks, followed by 28% on colleges, with parish and diocesan day-to-day operations accounting for just 6% and national charitable activities just 2.7% (see chart). In total, Catholic institutions employ over 1m people, reckons Fred Gluck, a former McKinsey managing partner and co-founder of the National Leadership Roundtable on Church Management, a lay organisation seeking to improve the way the church is run. For purposes of secular comparison, in 2010 General Electric’s revenue was $150 billion and Walmart employed roughly 2m people.
Nowhere did I imply that the Catholic church isn't of relevance to society nor did I say that the budget is self serving. But my point is this, only a church that is deeply prosperous would have a budget as such so why are they Criticizing the Pentecostals exactly
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by olasaad(f): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2017
FreeTraining:

Christianity is different from islam , in Christendom you don't force religion on people, but Islam will use so many ways to entice people ,through intrest free loan and all that, even at that people are still not interested in the religion, nobody can islamize Nigeria, the world is watching

"interest free loan and all that" can you mentioned the rest pls. See how many times have you seen Muslims preaching to non Muslims to accept Islam. Is it not you people that went around and preach ur religion to non christians distributing leaflets and other christians materials. I remember when I was in secondary school, they usually distributes bible to students every year, and my school is even Islamic school.

If you have christian as friends, the only thing he/she wants from you is to drag you to church and a Muslim will never do that. Let me just stop here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2017
Xda59:

The Pentecostal churches do not have "priest" who rape young children as it has been occurring in the catholic church.
All of the horrors done under the name of Christianity was perpetuated by Catholicism e.g the Spanish Inquisition etc. What about the murder of Galileo by the pope.
A priest in the catholic church is currently under investigation by the Australian govt or so for financial misappropriation or so.
So pls get off your high horse and stop accusing others there is much fault in d catholic church too.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by AgentGoat: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2017
trustyshoess:

Islamic bible? On what planet?
Do you mean ARABIC bible or Qur'an? undecided
learn to be intelligent. What is meaning of the word bible?

If someone now said Islamic bible you ll understand better..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Is There Really Life After Death? / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.