Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (39120 Views)

The Homily Of Most Rev Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo At The Funeral Mass If The Vict / We Have Uncovered Plans To Islamise Nigeria By 2025 –CAN / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
semyman:
Pentecostalism is not Christianity, it's business enterprising, tithes and offerings are the only attractions for the investors, they are far from Christ Jesus
What are u saying again? The Christian church has been collecting tithes and offerings for thousands of years. Is there anything the Pentecostals are collecting that is exceptional from what the catholics or orthodox do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tiredoflife(m): 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
What did Pentecostal church do to roman Catholic that they hate them so much and would prefer Islam rather than Pentecostal
I ve noticed how each time these priest or bishop speak its always to attack Pentecostal while they love to talk soft to Islam
The hate is real for the body of Christ

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
blackjack21:

امثال 26 1 كالثلج في الصيف وكالمطر في الحصاد هكذا الكرامة غير لائقة بالجاهل.

that is proverbs 26 verse 1 in islamic bible.
i hope you know what proverbs 26 said about your like: Just as snow should not fall in summer, nor rain at harvest time, so people should not honor a fool.
Islamic bible? On what planet?
Do you mean ARABIC bible or Qur'an? undecided
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by blackjack21(m): 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Yet a generational cunt like you like you would scream blue murder if Christians were to replace that same inscription to Hebrew or change that same word from Allah to Jehovah. Don't come here with your fish brain to give some crappy nonsense arguments. Arabic is an heavily islamised language or what can your deteriorating brain reason as motivation for putting an inscription that half the country does not understand on the national currency which language is not native nor colonial. Even a fool should know that the inscription was placed on religious motivations and not because some Nigerians just fancy Arabic.

You're oblivious
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by blackjack21(m): 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
trustyshoess:

Islamic bible? On what planet?
Do you mean ARABIC bible or Qur'an? undecided

No. That guy thinks anything that Anything Arabic lettered is Islamic

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Sheunma: 12:00am On Oct 16, 2017
UchaNwababa:
learn how to respect an Odained Priest to Avoid the wrath of God
really? You're trying to frighten someone who obviously doesn't believe in a God with " wrath of God?" shocked
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by UchaNwababa: 12:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Sheunma:
really? You're trying to frighten someone who obviously doesn't believe in a God with " wrath of God?" shocked
ok Continue
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 12:22am On Oct 16, 2017
Fasholu:
Invalid observation! You do understand the faith belongs to the orthodox church, and they have a natural right to protect it as they see fit?
which faith
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 12:24am On Oct 16, 2017
tiredoflife:
What did Pentecostal church do to roman Catholic that they hate them so much and would prefer Islam rather than Pentecostal
I ve noticed how each time these priest or bishop speak its always to attack Pentecostal while they love to talk soft to Islam
no wonder some pple believe dat Islam is a creation of d Roman Catholic

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 12:28am On Oct 16, 2017
semyman:
Pentecostalism is not Christianity, it's business enterprising, tithes and offerings are the only attractions for the investors, they are far from Christ Jesus
serving idols (Mary)is nw Christianity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by irynterri(f): 12:31am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala
Naah, you are seeing it the wrong way Bro, orthodox churches have been around for close to 2000 years, they ain't going anywhere.i think it is high time CAN addresses this issue of multiple churches,you will not understand the effect till 10years from now(may God keep us alive), in my street there are 3 churches (2 in uncompleted buildings with no windows and plastered walls ) and one shares a school building. this proliferation of churches is propagating quantity over quality, the same way you have to be inducted and found qualified to be a doctor is the same way you have to be found worthy of character of reason to be a shepherd to God's sheep, it is only a matter of time before NL will be featuring at least 3 pastors found guilty of adultery, theft,kidnapping.it is already happening but it will get worse.let CAN forget propaganda and license churches else christainity in Nigeria will be a laughing stock

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 16, 2017
blackjack21:

امثال 26 1 كالثلج في الصيف وكالمطر في الحصاد هكذا الكرامة غير لائقة بالجاهل.

that is proverbs 26 verse 1 in islamic bible.
i hope you know what proverbs 26 said about your like: Just as snow should not fall in summer, nor rain at harvest time, so people should not honor a fool.

Mr man he said that nigeria is a secular state and inscriptions whether Islamic or Christian or whatever shouldn't be shown on national symbols and currencies. Stop trying to be smart by half.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by princessayesha(f): 12:44am On Oct 16, 2017
He said the truth. But some people hate the truth.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Leez(m): 12:57am On Oct 16, 2017
phemmyutd:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.tribuneonlineng.com/muslims-right-islamise-nigeria-bishop-badejo/%3famp_markup=1
ahhhhh
afonja again
wat is dis nah?
dia is no way una go stop to be gambari slaves chai
smh
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by olayinkaboss11(m): 1:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Both Islam and Christian has islamized and Christianized Nigeria and has succeded in marginalizing our ancestor's religion
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Lerumo: 1:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

**for those asking about my source for catholic wealth you can check this links
https://douglasbeaumont.com/2015/07/13/catholic-wealth-and-spending/amp/

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

You are deviating from the message with sentiments. Everyone knows that a lot of Pentecostal churches (not all) in Nigeria today only preach prosperity. I urge you to name any catholic church parish (in the whole world) where they only preach prosperity.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 9inches(m): 1:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

You are out of point. Google "Prosperity Gospel" or "Prosperity Theology" to get full understanding of what it means before speaking out of ignorance.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by trueorfalse: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2017
Luckianti:
Everyone has a right like the bishop said. Let the brown roof republicans listen to thier bishop and start christianization agenda instead of masturbating all over the e-space about Biafra and IPOB...
likewise ipob have rights to ipob mata. So stop masturbating over ipob. Sorry i forgot u have the right too to masturbate over ipob
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Gkemz: 1:44am On Oct 16, 2017
Dear Bishop with all due respect, you're misguided by your thoughts. You are far from knowing the truth. Christ, the savior is the truth and as our mediator is the only way, route and access to the heavenly father. Christ in the scripture said No one cometh unto him except through me, not even Mary. Other religions including Islam are man-made theories. Christianity is not just a religion but a way of life, more like a tradition. You are expected to lead your flock to the right track and not to misled them.
Stop playing politics with the innocent lives entrusted into your hands which are being wasted by the misguided Islamic extremists because you want to be recognized by enemies of Christians. You should condemn the Islamization agenda of Buhari. There has never been a time when Muslims were forced to join the Christian fold just as the Muslims are currently doing. Evangelism is not forced upon unbelievers. So stop blowing hot and cold. You cannot serve two masters at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by myked(m): 2:05am On Oct 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 9inches(m): 2:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala

I think what you are perceiving is pro-conservatism stance of muslims and catholics versus the liberal and progressive penticostals who say catholicism is boring, and so prefer where the gospel is preached with "fire"; but making a huge mistake of not asking how their pastors are trained and who trained them in what they teach the masses.

As rightly put by the Bishop: Prosperity gospel provides cheap solutions to complex realities of life and so many people have heard it, so often, that they begin to believe it; that it is actually possible to have cancer and pray it away, when doctors are actually available; that it is possible to fail exams, and still become the director of a bank, if you pray enough.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Kingspin(m): 2:08am On Oct 16, 2017
Say no to islamization or christianization of Nigeria.. Keep your religion with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 9inches(m): 2:16am On Oct 16, 2017
talk2percy:
Religion is bad, especially for Africans! The people will live happily together if religion were to be taken out of the picture....

Which nation for instance, or are you just fantasizing?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 9inches(m): 2:26am On Oct 16, 2017
Kennydoc:

This is a bishop that doesn't understand the workings of the power of God. It's likely he hasn't seen or experienced a miracle even as a priest and bishop. How can a leader of the church talk down on praying cancer away? Aren't believers supposed to have such powers? Jesus said, "greater works shall ye do because I go to the Father", and we know that Jesus did what was more difficult than praying cancer away. How come Christians today see it as impossible to do miracles?

There is a balance in all these things depending on people's level of faith. If your faith isn't strong to pray cancer away, go to hospital. But the fact remains that people have done that before and got healing.
And by the way, cancer isn't even such a good example to be used by the bishop cos most people with cancers that go to the doctors only get a little prolongation of their lives. Doctors often don't have a perfect solution to most cancers.

Exactly people like you are what the bishop was talking about. You are being taught cheap solutions to complex realities of life. Gbam!
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 9inches(m): 2:35am On Oct 16, 2017
irynterri:
Naah, you are seeing it the wrong way Bro, orthodox churches have been around for close to 2000 years, they ain't going anywhere.i think it is high time CAN addresses this issue of multiple churches,you will not understand the effect till 10years from now(may God keep us alive), in my street there are 3 churches (2 in uncompleted buildings with no windows and plastered walls ) and one shares a school building. this proliferation of churches is propagating quantity over quality, the same way you have to be inducted and found qualified to be a doctor is the same way you have to be found worthy of character of reason to be a shepherd to God's sheep, it is only a matter of time before NL will be featuring at least 3 pastors found guilty of adultery, theft,kidnapping.it is already happening but it will get worse.let CAN forget propaganda and license churches else christainity in Nigeria will be a laughing stock

Nailed it.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by aalex1: 2:47am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

ogbeni....u lack understanding of this simple text...pray for wisdom and understanding..
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Wow, I remember being told to take primary six twice too, despite coming sixth in my entire set. But trust me, I refused. I just stayed at home and registered for common entrance again. But in fairness to them, I didn't enter school as a regular. My cousin, who was a teacher, was also my nanny. She would take me to school with her. I developed interest in the class and did better than the registered pupils. She was promoted to primary two teacher with her pupils and it was only natural that I would move up with her. I also came top in primary two(By this time, I was already reading magazines that came from Lagos). This time, my cousin was retained as primary two teacher while her pupils who passed were promoted to primary three. I was registered(officially) for primary three. I was such a shining star. I don't know what happened to me but my restoration is in top gear and irreversible mode. AMAZING GRACE!

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 16, 2017
Desyner:
This man isn't telling it all. Prosperity of the Christian south is the reason a muslim north will want to remain in a nation with 'infidels'. We say let's restructure so the 'infidels' won't corrupt the 'holy' economics of islam, they refuse it.
Christianity is different from islam , in Christendom you don't force religion on people, but Islam will use so many ways to entice people ,through intrest free loan and all that, even at that people are still not interested in the religion, nobody can islamize Nigeria, the world is watching
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 16, 2017
tiredoflife:
don't mind the so called bishop,,he opened his mouth to vomit rubbish, they are just jealous of Pentecostal pastors. Pentecostal is unstopable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

Lalasticlala
U have said it all. Don't mind the jealous bishop.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 16, 2017
TrumpDonald2:
Well said. If the Muslims wants to islamize Nigeria, the Christians should also make plans towards Christianizing Nigeria rather than complaining.
Christianity is all about peace and love, Nigeria is already heading towards Christianization, today in the core north were you hadly see churches before, go there now and see churches springing up on daily basis. today kano, borno, kebbi, sokoto indigines are becoming Christians, it never happened before. and that is why boko haram is doing everything possible to put fear in dia people, allow your religion to flow do not force it on people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Is There Really Life After Death? / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.