Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (39122 Views)

The Homily Of Most Rev Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo At The Funeral Mass If The Vict / We Have Uncovered Plans To Islamise Nigeria By 2025 –CAN / North Using Cattle Colony To Islamise Nigeria, Igbo Wont Accept It – Archbishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Afamed: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2017
FreeTraining:
I will not show attention on any grammar,,I will prefer to show more attention on your mother's pussy
I will not descend so low like you. I have offered you a candid advise which I can offer my little Niece. Kindly Improve more on your grammar instead of becoming a religion bigot on social media.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by yummy2017: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala
I have always said something and I will continue to say it. The only difference between catholics and Muslims is just name of Jesus Christ. Ask me how?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by yummy2017: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Secondly, saying Muslims have the right to islamise Nigeria is just unacceptable. Especially coming from a bishop. No one has ever challenged the right of Muslims to advance the cause of Islam. All we are saying is that you cannot use political power to advance the cause of Islam. A situation where we have a currency with Islamic inscription in a supposed secular state is just senseless and ridiculous..

See ehn I have noticed of recent that it seems the catholics are tilting towards supporting Islam in discourses against Pentecostals and this is for no reason other than a perceived "Competition". Pentecostalism is moving through Africa like a wild fire and might even be the last hope for Christianity in Europe(d two largest churches in Europe are now Pentecostal churches led by Ashimolowo and adelaja). Unfortunately, it has resulted in many ppl crossing over from orthodoxy into pentecostalism. The orthodox churches are reducing in members while the Pentecostals which were once called mushroom churches by their orthodox counterparts in the early days of Pentecostalism are greatly increasing. But I believe the orthodox churches haven't managed this trend well by addressing the issues that people have always had. Rather they are allowing resentment build up to the point were they constantly try to invalidate Pentecostal Christians.

Lalasticlala
I have always said something and I will continue to say it. The difference between Catholics and Muslims is the name of Jesus Christ. Ask me how.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Afamed:

I will not descend so low like you. I have offered you a candid advise which I can offer my little Niece. Kindly Improve more on your grammar instead of becoming a religion bigot on social media.
your kind of person should even join ISIS cos you sound like one.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by baysol: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2017
phemmyutd:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.tribuneonlineng.com/muslims-right-islamise-nigeria-bishop-badejo/%3famp_markup=1

This shows that some only claim to follow Christ but they don't know him and in the end he will say "I know you not". Muslims no matter what shade or shape they may come, will always be anti-Christ and what does light and darkness have in common. Food for thought.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

The US treasury department recently pressured JP Morgan to shut Catholic church accounts, what about the number of cases of financial misappropriation by catholic bishops. A catholic bishop is currently under investigation in Australia for for financial discrepancies.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

**for those asking about my source for catholic wealth you can check this links
https://douglasbeaumont.com/2015/07/13/catholic-wealth-and-spending/amp/

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

Living faith does not talk about anything meaningful....They don't condemn sin, they have no dress code, they also talk about money from morning to night, they also pray everyday for God to send unprecedented multitude to their church next Sunday...

They talk about money more than any church I know.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by pablo1759(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2017
skulgen:
Python dancers marched to the EAST.
Crocodile smilers marched to the SOUTH and WEST,
while World bank developers, marched to the NORTH.

What are u thinking now....
Yes i mean u.

May tht truth in ur mind now rest in u.
In ur still small voice.
When u re alone n quiet.
Think about this country

Southern Nigerians especially igbos n yorubas not being united is so pleasing to the northerners, cos this remain their strength n
greatest wish. And all the north care abt is only welfare of their region. Hatred for tribe n religion has never been this bad. No thanks to the islamist n tribal bigot we elected as president
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2017
AgentGoat:
learn to be intelligent. What is meaning of the word bible?

If someone now said Islamic bible you ll understand better..
Yea bible means book but everyone knows that the bible is mostly used in reference to the Christian holy book.
Islamic bible makes no sense. No matter how you put it, it just doesn't make sense
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by ozoemenaca: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

Lalasticlala Which population are you talking about, most catholic parishes holds service up to 6 to 7 times on sundays. Each of the masses has population more than the population of fifty Pentecostal churches put together, so what population are you talking about.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by econity(m): 9:02am On Oct 16, 2017
skulgen:
Python dancers marched to the EAST.
Crocodile smilers marched to the SOUTH and WEST,
while World bank developers, marched to the NORTH.

What are u thinking now....
Yes i mean u.

May tht truth in ur mind now rest in u.
In ur still small voice.
When u re alone n quiet.
Think about this country

When operation Lafiya Dole took place in the North, there was no bickering from any body.
What is the cause of our amnesia?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Ioseph(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Dear god no, once you go down that path there is no turning back. This argument hinges on the present day but not on the effects in the future. An Islamised Nigeria? That would be a horrible blow to modernity. Islam as practiced by Naijan muslims is the ultimate Dark Ages religion. It's Shariah law is cruel and absurd and arbitrary, it's prophet a bloodthirsty warlord and, most importantly, it's god nonexistent.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by InsanePsycho(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2017
UchaNwababa:
learn how to respect an Odained Priest to Avoid the wrath of God

Learn how to spell ordained first

Olodo like you cheesy grin
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by semyman: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

What are u saying again? The Christian church has been collecting tithes and offerings for thousands of years. Is there anything the Pentecostals are collecting that is exceptional from what the catholics or orthodox do
The catholics invest in humanitarian services, schools, hospitals at free of cost to the needy. widows, orphans and the needy are on their radar. I am sure you have heard of Mother Theresa? In fact the Pentecostal has come to corrupt the church, because of the drift in membership, the orthodox are now being compelled to re examine their principles
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Ioseph(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2017
Why should you respect someone's religion when it does not respect YOU?

Just a handful of Verses from the Quran with regards to how Muslims should view Non-Muslims:

2:90 Evil is that for which they sell their souls: that they should disbelieve in that which Allah hath revealed, grudging that Allah should reveal of His bounty unto whom He will of His slaves. They have incurred anger upon anger. For disbelievers is a shameful doom.

2:98 Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.

2:104 O ye who believe, say not (unto the Prophet): "Listen to us" but say "Look upon us," and be ye listeners. For disbelievers is a painful doom.

2:121 [/b]Those unto whom We have given the Scripture (Quran) , who read it with the right reading, those believe in it. [b]And whoso disbelieveth in it, those are they who are the losers.

2:161 Lo! Those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers; on them is the curse of Allah and of angels and of men combined.
2:162 They ever dwell therein. The doom will not be lightened for them, neither will they be reprieved.[/b]

3:19 Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

4:84 [/b]So fight (O Muhammad) in the way of Allah Thou art not taxed (with the responsibility for anyone) except thyself - and urge on the believers. Peradventure Allah will restrain the might of those who disbelieve. Allah is stronger in might and stronger in inflicting punishment.

[b]9:1
Freedom from obligation (is proclaimed) from Allah and His messenger toward those of the idolaters with whom ye made a treaty. (Political treaties with non-muslims are not legitimate to Muslims)

9:2 Travel freely in the land four months, and know that ye cannot escape Allah and that Allah will confound the disbelievers (in His Guidance).

9:3 And a proclamation from Allah and His messenger to all men on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage that Allah is free from obligation to the idolaters, and (so is) His messenger. So, if ye repent, it will be better for you; but if ye are averse, then know that ye cannot escape Allah. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve,

9:4 Excepting those of the idolaters with whom ye (Muslims) have a treaty, and who have since abated nothing of your right nor have supported anyone against you. (As for these), fulfil their treaty to them till their term. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty (unto Him).

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

7:72 And We saved him and those with him by a mercy from Us, and We cut the root of those who denied Our revelations and were not believers.

4:140 He hath already revealed unto you in the Scripture that, when ye hear the revelations of Allah rejected and derided, (ye) sit not with them (who disbelieve and mock) until they engage in some other conversation. Lo! in that case (if ye stayed) ye would be like unto them. Lo! Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers, all together, into hell;

4:144 O ye who believe! [b]Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear warrant against you ?

9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah (tax for not being a Muslim) willingly while they are humbled.

Islamisation is stupidity and barbarism.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by blackjack21(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2017
ikennaf1:

Mr man he said that nigeria is a secular state and inscriptions whether Islamic or Christian or whatever shouldn't be shown on national symbols and currencies. Stop trying to be smart by half.

You should wrack your brain and try to understand my argument at least before coming on my mention. undecided
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Fasholu: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
which faith
The Christian Faith
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2017
Fasholu:
The Christian Faith
Bros mi, go read ur church history, Bible n secular history so dat u go undastnd thnz. Catholic is just d religious arm of d Roman Empire.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by luluman: 11:20am On Oct 16, 2017
Luckianti:
Everyone has a right like the bishop said. Let the brown roof republicans listen to thier bishop and start christianization agenda instead of masturbating all over the e-space about Biafra and IPOB...
I'm sure the Bishop can pray for your brain to work better.Are Biaftans not Christians? why cant they drop their unachievable pursuit & also Christianise Nigeria .You people should use a laptop to think now if your brain does not work well.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Fasholu: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
Bros mi, go read ur church history, Bible n secular history so dat u go undastnd thnz. Catholic is just d religious arm of d Roman Empire.
Well, I must be a fool then. Ain't I?
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2017
Fasholu:
Well, I must be a fool then. Ain't I?
lol.. neva said that. maybe ur conscience is pricking u.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by tishbite41(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2017
luluman:
I'm sure the Bishop can pray for your brain to work better.Are Biaftans not Christians? why cant they drop their unachievable pursuit & also Christianise Nigeria .You people should use a laptop to think now if your brain does not work well.
Christianity is a way of life not a religion of force.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2017
blackjack21:

You should wrack your brain and try to understand my argument at least before coming on my mention. undecided

You're the one that needs to glue your brain in order to understand where he was coming from.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by maestroferddi: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2017
charlsecy:
Please explain how this relates to prosperity preaching? Kindly reconcile your submission with the prosperity-preaching concept of praying cancer away, or passing an exam just because of praying
Oga read your Bible and stop substituting divine leading and illumination with unreliable mortal/human interpretation...

Of course you can pray cancer away, that should be Christianity 101...
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by maestroferddi: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=semyman post=61468146]
The catholics invest in humanitarian services, schools, hospitals at free of cost to the needy. widows, orphans and the needy are on their radar. I am sure you have heard of Mother Theresa? In fact the Pentecostal has come tochurch, because of the drift in

membership, the orthodox are now being compelled to rexamine their principles [quote)

If Catholics can read and rely on the authority of the Bible...
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by possibilita(m): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:

Lalasticlala
as long as politicians keep campaigning with religion and there is no separation of politics and religion they have a right to Islamise the country with political power that is same reason there is separation of politics and religion in USA and China
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by KingSango(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
phemmyutd:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.tribuneonlineng.com/muslims-right-islamise-nigeria-bishop-badejo/%3famp_markup=1

The Catholic Church started Islam and the Freemasons run both Church and Mosque, but the Jesus Society, Jesuit Priests control all the Illuminati cults and mafias. Ase. Love Sango
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by Fasholu: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
tishbite41:
lol.. neva said that. maybe ur conscience is pricking u.
Yes, it is, it so is
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by sshalom(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
Statsocial:
Lol I totally take an exception to his attack on pentecostals. I have always tried to restrain myself when Catholic bishops in Naija talk so we do not muddy the name of God in public.

How can the catholic church with about 170 billion USD in annual spending and also wealthier than the top 3 corporations in d world put together be accusing Pentecostals of prosperity gospel.

The US treasury department recently pressured JP Morgan to shut Catholic church accounts, what about the number of cases of financial misappropriation by catholic bishops. A catholic bishop is currently under investigation in Australia for for financial discrepancies.

Is it offering, the catholic church collects. I guess they collect tithe too. There own schools are also expensive. Infact Loyola Jesuit Tuition is about thrice of Covenant's own. So lets not be hypocritic here. Don't try to validate your own church by invalidating others.

Also I am pretty sure the likes of catholic, Anglican etc even passes more offering envelopes than the the so called pentecostals in one service. I lived as an orthodox christian for close to 20 years and I know that the number of offering envelopes passed in some services far outnumber what the likes of Living Faith do.

**for those asking about my source for catholic wealth you can check this links
https://douglasbeaumont.com/2015/07/13/catholic-wealth-and-spending/amp/

http://www.economist.com/node/21560536

Well said!

It is also important to pay attention to the comments the Bishop made concerning the quality of Christians that we have in the country. For instance, those who believe that you don't have to work hard to make it in life and that you can pass your examinations as a student without reading.

The Bible is very clear concerning the place of diligence and hardwork. (Proverbs 22: 29; John 9:4). GOD is not an Author of confusion and we must gird our loins to really live the lives expected of us as salt of the earth.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by pastie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
bestspoke:
click bait written all over the title of this post..some foools will fall for it and say rubbish

sorry baba, if I may get some good mockup file from you.
those I find free online are not too catchy
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by 3Ceagle(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
It will only take a discerning mind to understand the Bishop's position and many will not, because they have chosen what to believe. Thank God that some clergies are speaking against these ills in our society. Let he who has ears listen.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by ihatesycophant(m): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
paulynpen:

Guy it is most certain you checked the wrong place. I guess the CAN president who has been crying wolf for ages is a Catholic and an IBO? Also I am sure the CAN Secretary who issued public statement lately is a Catholic and IBO as well. I want you to point out a soul from the IBO race to defeat my claims. I am not an IBO man but I hate to see learned people like you standing the truth on it head
If you didn't understand my submission, why don't you just pass and not comment on issue that made me gave the last submission you quoted.
The last time I checked, CAN as a body is a political arm striving for survival in a political system and they only speak for themselves and not the generality of Christianity as you can see from different Christian leaders saying what exactly Christian should do rather than crying wolf where none exist. The CAN body has not formulated any law to guide the Christian race to meet the mind of Christianising the nation as Muslim does. However, on issue the person I quoted raised which tinted towards tribe and ethnic bias. Of all tribes in the country there is no other tribe that has been complaining about Islamisation of Nigeria like Igbo and I stand by my words and even the blind on the streets know that.
Re: Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo by bestspoke: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
pastie:

sorry baba, if I may get some good mockup file from you.
those I find free online are not too catchy
Aiit bro will get back to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Is There Really Life After Death? / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.