Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola (17968 Views)

DNA Test: Tunde Ayeni Says No Paternal Relationship With Adaobi Alagwu Daughter / Tunde Ayeni Retrieves Office Gifted To Female Lawyer,Adaobi Over Paternity Issue / Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Daeylar(f): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
stilldoingokay:

if am to advocate for anything in this world, it will be, don't claim victim, don't let people thought bring down,

pressure or not, is when you allow them.

Not so easy, especially when the people pressuring you are the ones taking care of you, some do hold on and use your advice. But I feel for the ones who break.
I love your advice.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Daeylar(f): 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Acmetek:

Essentially he is building one already, we are in a thought provoking session, and everybody contributing in one way or another is bringing a solution to this societal menace.
Raising a girl child in this Facebook days requires 200% devotion.

Not really, I think it's a she is basically saying I don't want a girl child, no effort to change anything. Just doesn't want a girl child so the "problems" of raising a girl child do not affect her.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by daveP(m): 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Daeylar:
So we now move misogynistic topics to FP, nice

Girl child this, girl child that, as if both genders are not capable of turning out badly.

Please let him know.
I miss the days of the counter-thread. perhaps you can reinvoke that act.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
jagugu88li:
Thank goodness you said "the average"....... let me go find my crew, us above average grin
no homo.. but i love you for this your response

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by stilldoingokay(f): 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
Daeylar:

Not so easy, especially when the people pressuring you are the ones taking care of you, some do hold on and use your advice. But I feel for the ones who break.
I love your advice.

I have sisters who are still living in my father house single with business on their own, the pressure of marriage from my father is there, but there will listen to him and move on,

I think what some women should be doing is to raise girl child to be hard work, and responsible in every areas of life,

intend of saying girl child are not being recognized, their should start fighting for equal right.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Daeylar(f): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
stilldoingokay:

I have sisters who are still living in my father house single with business on their own, the pressure of marriage from my father is there, but there will listen to him and move on,

I think what some women should be doing is to raise girl child to be hard work, and responsible in every areas of life,

intend of saying girl child are not being recognized, their should start fighting for equal right.

You understand me perfectly, also not just women, women and men should raise both sexes male and female properly. I agree with all, but this writer would rather not have a girl child so that such issues do not affect her, so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by stilldoingokay(f): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
Daeylar:

You understand me perfectly, also not just women, women and men should raise both sexes male and female properly. I agree with all, but this writer would rather not have a girl child so that such issues do not affect her, so pathetic.

to me there is nothing pathetic about her.

she is just looking at things from the feminist angle.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Daeylar(f): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
stilldoingokay:

to me there is nothing pathetic about her.

she is just looking at things from the feminist angle.

How? Could you explain? smiley

Didn't get that at all, just got someone complaining about how hard it is to raise a girl child and in the end doesn't want to raise one at all.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by hssl(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Children are gifts from God,whether male or female play your role as a parent by imbibing good character in them and you'll never regret having them.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Emmydek(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
blackbeau1:
Then u make her understand who she is . It's your job to raise a decent daughter . Do your best and plant the seeds in her.
I can't say you haven't been bleeped many times. Just look at your profile girl. It's telling me a lot. You're opening your to talk of how to raise a decent girl by inputting stuffs into her head. Your life is in your profile...
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by stilldoingokay(f): 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
Daeylar:

How? Could you explain? smiley

Didn't get that at all, just got someone complaining about how hard it is to raise a girl child and in the end doesn't want to raise one at all.

didn't get it all
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Saintzykie: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I fault your logic.

A child's mind is always blank at birth and gradually filled by the impressions s/he forms or is formed for them.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You've just declared yourself a failure and not worthy to raise a child, whether boy or girl.
grin ;DMay your days be long

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by coputa(m): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
queenfav:
It depends on her upbringing o. Most of us would rather hustle like a man (Monday to sunday) at our diverse careers and businesses, than allow one man use money to be controlling your life .There are still a lot of ladies who value their self worth enough to hustle with all their clothes on. You just need to raise your girl child to love herself, be strong, very assertive, hardworking and independent.
Best post of the week,I still believe in instilling self confidence and self worth in the girl child.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by SmartMugu: 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Male or female, people will end up becoming whatever they want to be. Aren't we just reading about a guy whose father drives a cab and mom sells groundout or something, yet all he flaunts are his Gucci shoes. Who wants a son like that? When a child chooses shoes over his parents, even barren people will appreciate being barren than have a child that won't cater for them when they get older.

All you can do is just try your best to raise them the best way you can.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by coputa(m): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yonce:

This is so true. I'm scared of having a daughter and raising her in this decayed society.
There are still many.decent girls in the decayed society.we all look at the same place but we see different things(which we want to see).

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by blackbeau1(f): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
Emmydek:

I can't say you haven't been bleeped many times. Just look at your profile girl. It's telling me a lot. You're opening your to talk of how to raise a decent girl by inputting stuffs into her head. Your life is in your profile...
lol. You are showing your extreme ignorance . So you think it's by wearing long sleeves and long skirts. I believe Seun should start issuing IQ tests before letting some people join this site.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Leave all these things, there are still decent girls out there that will never disappoint their family no matter what, no matter the temptation. The ones that decided to make themselves cheap and object of sexual gratification are on their own, you shouldn't generalize or give up on the girl child.

It depends on how you train your child and how you advice her, also family she is from matters. Decency is in the blood.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
SlimHan:
The peer pressure is really eating deep into the average girl's mind neither is the environmental effect doing her any good.

The truth is the average girl believe in "survival of the fittest, the pressure of meeting up with the world's standard" afterall everyone is doing it.

Then the thought of "Hmm, solape my junior back in secondary school now ride a Corrolla? I must ride LR3 too.

Cycle of friendship is also a major factor

@lawlahdey, hope I'm permitted to use the word "average girl?
True talk, if one is not strong enough and has the spirit of resistance and control, one will succumb to peer pressure, I know how many times I have tried not to join " the hot babes gang" in doing their runs business, my school has a lot of them, 80% of the girls are into runs, not like I don't need money but then I know the family am from, am contended with the one they give me and we don't misbehave in my family. So its all about upbringing and training, spare the rod and spoil the child.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by coputa(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
MaritzaNL:
True talk, if one is not strong enough and has the spirit of resistance and control, one will succumb to peer pressure, I know how many times I have tried not to join " the hot babes gang" in doing their runs business, my school has a lot of them, 80% of the girls are into runs, not like I don't need money but then I know the family am from, am contended with the one they give me and we don't misbehave in my family. So its all about upbringing and training, spare the rod and spoil the child.
Kudos,you re an asset.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
coputa:
Kudos,you re an asset.
Indeed smiley
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 12:02am On Oct 28, 2017
Saintzykie:
grin ;DMay your days be long

Amen. And You too.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 12:04am On Oct 28, 2017
stilldoingokay:

I swear this is the most stupidest and senseless piss of write up I have ever read,

in the nearest future what we will be seeing is a man, v woman.

Lol.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Please, be sincere. What about peer pressure as she grows up?

Not every child succumbs to peer pressure. I am a living witness to that. Your kids should be raised in such manner that they lead the pack and not be led around by peers.

There will always be peer pressure, But it's your duty as a parent to form your child's conscience and not his/her peer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 12:18am On Oct 28, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

guy face d truth he said it right now stop defending rubbish, how many guys do u see unclad, how many guys do u see shooting nude video wit one girl, d girl child is made to go thru slot dat for dem to achieve anythin in d society dey have to give up their dignity hence d actress in nollywood are far richer Dan d average actor.

go to parties n see how d girls who come as usher are made to date those gud for nothing guys n how many touch dem anyhow n dey become pregnant n society give dm names.

face d fact n only pray for God to give u a gud girl child dat will not follow d society

Your argument isn't tenable. In philosophy it's called the error or fallacy of generalization.

Not all girls are indecent and loose and like to party all night long.

There are girls out there bending over their books, studying hard to graduate, many girls out there frying bean cakes for their mother's as the sun bites hard, so many young ladies out there raising godly families. These were raised by sensible parents.

You can't be a mother and be partying all night and expect your daughter to prefer the life of a nun?

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Apina(m): 12:44am On Oct 28, 2017
Hypocrisy is when as a guy, u have slept with more than one girl since the beginning of this year and still criticise the op or as a girl slept with more than one guy or ever collected money from a guy whom you are not married to cos u have an intimate relationship with him. The reality of what was said, lives within the confines of most of our very environments, and we get to see it on TV daily. There's no denying that there are still descent girls out there, but how many have been tagged as such only to later discover it to be a sham? So many have lost the most important virtue in life, the virtue of shame.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Deep. You know what i think about this? The truth is the average female don't have the strength or ability required for day-to-day jobs. The average female is work-lazy. She wants things to come to her on a platter of gold and in a country like Nigeria, that's quite impossible. So, she resorts to selling her body because that's the only way to have it easy.
speak for yourself, not every other girl child there.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ireneidiva(f): 2:38am On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Deep. You know what i think about this? The truth is the average female don't have the strength or ability required for day-to-day jobs. The average female is work-lazy. She wants things to come to her on a platter of gold and in a country like Nigeria, that's quite impossible. So, she resorts to selling her body because that's the only way to have it easy.
Speak for yourself and your sisters abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:23am On Oct 28, 2017
queenfav:
It depends on her upbringing o. Most of us would rather hustle like a man (Monday to sunday) at our diverse careers and businesses, than allow one man use money to be controlling your life .There are still a lot of ladies who value their self worth enough to hustle with all their clothes on. You just need to raise your girl child to love herself, be strong, very assertive, hardworking and independent.

That ratio in current ladies is not up to 1:100
This current generation of girls are becoming very useless.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 28, 2017
funmisticqueen:
speak for yourself, not every other girl child there.
undecided undecided
Speak for myself? Very funny. As if we don't see what our sisters are doing.

If you want me to speak for myself, then. I am not your average female, my post doesn't apply to me.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by tanwantu: 5:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
I don't want girl child too
and that is what God will give i prophesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is It Important For A Woman To Be Financially Independent Before Marriage? / I Sell My Properties Whenever I Go Broke, Is It Spirtual? / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.