Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola (17944 Views)

DNA Test: Tunde Ayeni Says No Paternal Relationship With Adaobi Alagwu Daughter / Tunde Ayeni Retrieves Office Gifted To Female Lawyer,Adaobi Over Paternity Issue / Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by egopersonified(f): 6:02am On Oct 28, 2017
Our ideologies really need to change

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Provie(m): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2017
Yonce:

I don't think the topic is misogynistic. The writer mainly expresses concern on how the girl child has been programmed to take the back seat mentally and ONLY use her "talents" to get what she wants.

You are very correct. A lot of shallow mindedness on this forum, judging from the way people are attacking the Op. Her message is clear, her concern is understandable.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by akinwumiedward(m): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2017
This write up is controversial, some people would support the writer, while some will negate him.
However, we must be careful enough to respect the opinions of others.
The fact that you're right doesn't mean the other person is wrong, you've just seen it in a different perspectives.
Kudos to the writer.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by mechanics(m): 6:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Not all girls are the same, some will still stand no matter the influence of friends.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by frubben(m): 6:56am On Oct 28, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I fault your logic.

A child's mind is always blank at birth and gradually filled by the impressions s/he forms or is formed for them.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You've just declared yourself a failure and not worthy to raise a child, whether boy or girl.
oga even if u instill d best morals and religious teaching into her. Immediately she start bending there leg like cripple forget it. When ur daughter is in ss2 forget it. U Don lose her to dem boyys
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by bisiswag(f): 6:56am On Oct 28, 2017
@MrAfriclegend,i didn't bother reading the whole piece but I will heap all the blames on the male folks. You all failed,its a well known fact daughters tilt,gravitate and look up to their father's a lot,the poor training,the abandonment of the home,their mothers for over bleached side chicks outside has caused them to think being a bimbo is all there is to life. You men have failed them. And the writer should realise not all women are like that,some of them still have very strong values and when you look at those homes,u see a father who has been quite disciplined and carried out his duties diligently. Failure of the girl child is is failure of all men out there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 7:00am On Oct 28, 2017
frubben:
oga even if u instill d best morals and religious teaching into her. Immediately she start bending there leg like cripple forget it. When ur daughter is in ss2 forget it. U Don lose her to dem boyys

I understand. You haven't met any decent girls. I assure you they exist and I've met them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by frubben(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2017
ElsonMorali:

I understand. You haven't met any decent girls. I assure you they exist and I've met them.
sure I have, but dey are only forming decent, under dere is not decent @ all.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 7:01am On Oct 28, 2017
bisiswag:
@MrAfriclegend,i didn't bother reading the whole piece but I will heap all the blames on the male folks. You all failed,its a well known fact daughters tilt,gravitate and look up to their father's a lot,the poor training,the abandonment of the home,their mothers for over bleached side chicks outside has caused them to think being a bimbo is all there is to life. You men have failed them. And the writer should realise not all women are like that,some of them still have very strong values and when you look at those homes,u see a father who has been quite disciplined and carried out his duties diligently. Failure of the girl child is is failure of all men out there.

True. But not entirely true.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2017
frubben:
sure I have, but dey are only forming decent, under dere is not decent @ all.

Like I said, you haven't met any decent girl.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2017
ElsonMorali:
I fault your logic.

A child's mind is always blank at birth and gradually filled by the impressions s/he forms or is formed for them.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You've just declared yourself a failure and not worthy to raise a child, whether boy or girl.
u av no idea of how bad the society is... in this part of Africa, there s a campaign against the girl child.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by olorunwa26(m): 7:22am On Oct 28, 2017
[quote author=awa post=61833019]The Ayeni sounds so stupid... I am proud of my girls.

Why must you insult him, he only wrote what he likes, he is not forcing you or any other person to go against his write up.. By the way, he is not the one that gives child/children, God giveth, and am sure he will probably do his best if given a female child... If he have the opportunity to choice between a male and female, he will go for male..
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by massalati(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2017
I don't agree with u, the poster is right
ElsonMorali:
I fault your logic.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 7:39am On Oct 28, 2017
chenzen:
u av no idea of how bad the society is... in this part of Africa, there s a campaign against the girl child.

I have an idea of How bad the society is and I know that it's even worse in developed nations than in Africa.

Still it's the failure of the parents and not of the girls most often.

Instill the awe and fear of God in the minds of kids and they'll grow up righteous.

Teach them by your examples and not just by words of mouth.

Kids copy what their parents do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by ElsonMorali: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2017
massalati:
I don't agree with u, the poster is right

You are free to disagree. It's your opinion. I don't share it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
People like we . grin

almost believed you ,,not until i saw that ur face looks familiar.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Cyberdroid: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Deep. You know what i think about this? The truth is the average female don't have the strength or ability required for day-to-day jobs. The average female is work-lazy. She wants things to come to her on a platter of gold and in a country like Nigeria, that's quite impossible. So, she resorts to selling her body because that's the only way to have it easy.
I thought that what a man can do,a woman can do too,even better. undecided
Lawlahdey:
Deep. You know what i think about this? The truth is the average female don't have the strength or ability required for day-to-day jobs. The average female is work-lazy. She wants things to come to her on a platter of gold and in a country like Nigeria, that's quite impossible. So, she resorts to selling her body because that's the only way to have it easy.
I thought that what a man can do,a woman can do too,even better.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by shezy(f): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2017
It's not about girl child but both sex. What if u gave birth to boys and two out of four suddenly turns to transgender and start claiming he is born Dis way. See bobrisky is he a boy child to be proud of? See Evans and many fraudsters in our nation.both boys and girls have their own limitations,with prayer, proper advice, upbringing,love and care they will turn up becoming the children of our dreams

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Uhomanbulus110(f): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2017
Why
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Lumig: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2017
This is one of the FEARS I have been norturing for some time now - bringing a up a girl child without bringing shame to the family. I understand the society is so so perilous to the children mostly the girls. They are mostly victims of rape, sex trafficking, commodity exchange[bride price] etc. God help all parents in this important job.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Priest69(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2017
Bros forget this things you are saying, the society expects so much from girls and your major concern is someone having sex with your daughter. Of course someone will definitely have sex with her, all you have to do is to show her love, teach her to know her worth and not dependent on anyone, educate her, be open to discuss sex and morals with her, be her best friend. As for me, I don't mind having all daughters as I believe they will never depart from me and my wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2017
ericsmith:

almost believed you ,,not until i saw that ur face looks familiar.
I'm pretty sure I don't know you.
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2017
Me I want a girl child, what my mum has achieved in this life is more than ten sons, abeg God give me a female child. It's girls that take care of parents in old age, OP is it your sons that will wash your dirty clothes, cook for you and take care of you when you are old?

Both boys and girls from dysfunctional families have problems, so why are you visiting such impral clubs if you are better than those girls, OP? Na dog dey visit prostitute or na immoral man, nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Blackhawk01: 10:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Lumig:
This is one of the FEARS I have been norturing for some time now - bringing a up a girl child without bringing shame to the family. I understand the society is so so perilous to the children mostly the girls. They are mostly victims of rape, sex trafficking, commodity exchange[bride price] etc. God help all parents in this important job.

And you aren't scared of a male child bringing Shame to your family? Go meet Hushpuppi and Bobrisky's papas them na. Hehehehe... cheesy grin
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2017
bisiswag:
Hmmm! O Ja mi lara je!
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Doctormarvin(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure you know Oprah Winfrey,angela merkel,marie curie(of blessed memory), chimamanda adichie, folunrosho alakija,rosalind franklin(of blessed memory)malala yousafzai,michelle Obama, Lise meitner(of blessed memory),grace hopper(of blessed memory),irène juliot curie(of blessed memory),Hillary Clinton,melinda Gates,jane yelled, Christine largade,..i could go on and on but I think you get my point already...the aforementioned should give you a reason to have a female child or even female children

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I'm pretty sure I don't know you.

ok but sorry ,,did yu take jamb classes around papa ajao area ..early this year
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:

You are from a broken home

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are from a broken home
What? Lol.

Get out, please.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
ElsonMorali:

I have an idea of How bad the society is and I know that it's even worse in developed nations than in Africa.

Still it's the failure of the parents and not of the girls most often.

Instill the awe and fear of God in the minds of kids and they'll grow up righteous.

Teach them by your examples and not just by words of mouth.

Kids copy what their parents do.
This is deeper than u think... there are so many factors to look at when u talk about the upbringing of a girl child... raising Christian kids doesn't mean they won't default... How do u control peer pressure? how do u control what they hear, see and do when they are not home? The society as well as environment plays a fundamental role in d mental growth of a child...
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
What? Lol.

Get out, please.

Why are you weak na, you can't do day to day job, are u a sickler?
Re: Why I Don't Want A Girl Child - Ayeni Faith Damilola by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why are you weak na, you can't do day to day job, are u a sickler?
I wasn't talking about myself, if you lack basic comprehension ability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Brother / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / Can This Generator Pump Water from a borehole Or Power My Medium Size Freezer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.