Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4467597 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
gst101: OBL was thought to have been killed several times before the last account the US govt gave us.

And no, his body wasnt shown on any newspaper. What was shown was photoshoped. Nobody saw him lying Dead. We saw Gadaffi and not OBL

I never heard of osama being reported dead until this last mission, all so AQ menstioed his death and there is a new leader.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2013
gst101: where is Osama Bin Laden's body?
The clearly said "His body was buried at sea". Now where's his body?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
zaandrew:

in the belly of a fish
i was told white people dont go to church and dont know anything about God. I am suprised you know of a "Belly of a fish."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:51am On Sep 20, 2013
zaandrew:

Sorry but where do you get this bull. The umkhonto was built to stop sea skimmimg ASM, aircraft and any thing that flys. So please don't embatise your self.

LoL!! He will just fire all his 40 units of Otomat but to no avail. Four Valour- type warships with 16 Umkhonto each against one single NNS Arandu will just be too much to take. NNS Arandu will sink to the bottom of the ocean and be seen no more. The only arm that I used to respect in Nigerian military was their land forces but now with a level of this unprofessionalism potrayed in encounter with BH, I would prefare to retain back my honours. Well, their Airforce and Navy had never been any outstanding, those one we can beat on one on one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
gst101: i was told white people dont go to church and dont know anything about God. I am suprised you know of a "Belly of a fish."

Who told you that. You do know it was white people that brought the church to africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

LoL!! He will just fire all his 40 units of Otomat but to no avail. Four Valour- type warships with 16 Umkhonto each against one single NNS Arandu will just be too much to take. NNS Arandu will sink to the bottom of the ocean and be seen no more. The only arm that I used to respect in Nigerian military was their land forces but now with a level of this unprofessionalism potrayed in encounter with BH, I would prefare to retain back my honours. Well, their Airforce and Navy had never been any outstanding, those one we can beat on one on one.

It is even better. The valour has 16 extra VL cells. They there for the planed long range SAM(marvin or umkhonto ER) but can carry umkhontos.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Osama Bin Laden body was shown on the news papers and we have seen it lying dead. Where is Shekau's body? remember he was also thought to have been killed before somewhere in 2008 and only to resurface two years later.
shut up your mouth/ thumbs, else I'd call julius malema to come kick your a$$ back to south-east asiagringringringrin. In 2008 we did not have crack anti-terror commandos. He is dead for sure this time around. You lying south african, you saw OBL's body in the news when he was killed Would please stop lying, it's not good for your health.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120: shut up your mouth/ thumbs, else I'd call julius malema to come kick your a$$ back to south-east asiagringringringrin. In 2008 we did not have crack anti-terror commandos. He is dead for sure this time around. You lying south african, you saw OBL's body in the news when he was killed Would please stop lying, it's not good for your health.

Julius Malema would kick me back to where? JM doesn't own SA and is just nothing 2 South African government. I am proudly South African.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Julius Malema would kick me back to where? JM doesn't own SA and is just nothing 2 South African government. I am proudly South African.
Hehehe don't worry Fighter he has been beaten by facts I can see he is foaming in his mouth you are not the one who killed his soldiers they jusy can't take it,It is too much for them as of tuesday BH killed another 67 people just wonder with all the resources they have but still BH boys can conduct and man a roadblock and kill people I rest my case.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
NIGERIA IN TROUBLE......BH BOYS NOW IN ABUJA......@AGAUGUSTUS THIS IS NOT RHINO POACHING YOU ARE FACING OR SELEKE BOYS BUT REAL NIGERIANS

Nigerian forces and members of Boko Haram clashed in a shoot out near the main residential compound for lawmakers in Abuja on Friday, state security services said, the first clash involving Islamist militants in the capital this year.

A security team was searching for weapons after a tip-off from arrested members of Boko Haram, a militant group that wants to impose sharia law in northern Nigeria and has been responsible for hundreds of killings this year.

Boko Haram is seen as the gravest security threat to Africa's top oil producer. Although its activities are mostly located hundreds of miles away from its southern oil fields, its small presence in the political capital worries officials.

"Some persons were injured and 12 others have been arrested in connection with the incident," said a statement from state security services, Nigeria's secret service.

"No sooner had the team commenced digging for the arms, than they came under heavy gunfire attack by other Boko Haram elements," the statement said.

The last known attack by the sect in Abuja was in November last year, when gunmen stormed a special anti-robbery police barracks, freeing 30 prisoners and killing two police officers. That attack was claimed by Ansaru, a Boko Haram offshoot.

By far the most high-profile attack in the capital was in August 2011, when a suicide car bomb tore through the U.N. building, killing 24 people and gaining Boko Haram international notoriety.

In April last year, a suicide car bomb struck the Abuja office of newspaper This Day, killing two people.

The bulk of Islamist attacks occur in the remote northeast, where Boko Haram had its first major uprising in 2009.

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/e5352900412a37d5898dd908d3334ba9/Nigerian-forces-fight-Islamists-near-lawmakers-Abuja-quarters-20132009
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
NIGERIA IN TROUBLE......BH BOYS NOW IN ABUJA......@AGAUGUSTUS THIS IS NOT RHINO POACHING YOU ARE FACING OR SELEKE BOYS BUT REAL NIGERIANS

Nigerian forces and members of Boko Haram clashed in a shoot out near the main residential compound for lawmakers in Abuja on Friday, state security services said, the first clash involving Islamist militants in the capital this year.

A security team was searching for weapons after a tip-off from arrested members of Boko Haram, a militant group that wants to impose sharia law in northern Nigeria and has been responsible for hundreds of killings this year.

Boko Haram is seen as the gravest security threat to Africa's top oil producer. Although its activities are mostly located hundreds of miles away from its southern oil fields, its small presence in the political capital worries officials.

"Some persons were injured and 12 others have been arrested in connection with the incident," said a statement from state security services, Nigeria's secret service.

"No sooner had the team commenced digging for the arms, than they came under heavy gunfire attack by other Boko Haram elements," the statement said.

The last known attack by the sect in Abuja was in November last year, when gunmen stormed a special anti-robbery police barracks, freeing 30 prisoners and killing two police officers. That attack was claimed by Ansaru, a Boko Haram offshoot.

By far the most high-profile attack in the capital was in August 2011, when a suicide car bomb tore through the U.N. building, killing 24 people and gaining Boko Haram international notoriety.

In April last year, a suicide car bomb struck the Abuja office of newspaper This Day, killing two people.

The bulk of Islamist attacks occur in the remote northeast, where Boko Haram had its first major uprising in 2009.

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/e5352900412a37d5898dd908d3334ba9/Nigerian-forces-fight-Islamists-near-lawmakers-Abuja-quarters-20132009
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thiza: NIGERIA IN TROUBLE......BH BOYS NOW IN ABUJA......@AGAUGUSTUS THIS IS NOT RHINO POACHING YOU ARE FACING OR SELEKE BOYS BUT REAL NIGERIANS

You forgot the picture. :-/

And these people say "at least 4 dead".

https://www.nairaland.com/1446545/shooting-abuja-legislative-quarters-4

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
Boko Haram strikes again. 87 killed yesterday. This isnt funny anymore sad

http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/87-dead-as-Boko-Haram-attacks-Nigerian-town-20130919
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
saengine: Boko Haram strikes again. 87 killed yesterday. This isnt funny anymore sad

http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/87-dead-as-Boko-Haram-attacks-Nigerian-town-20130919

Nigeria is in a vulnerable position. Only God will help Nigeria,
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
For me its no longer SA vs Nigeria. These are our African brothers being killed. This must end.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
saengine: For me its no longer SA vs Nigeria. These are our African brothers being killed. This must end.

saengine, sorry but the "African brothers" are not "being killed". They are killing each other. They are killing themselves. The "African brothers" laugh at South Africa's negotiated settlement and they think it's stüpid. You can't replace wisdom.

Truth always.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
CraigB:

saengine, sorry but the "African brothers" are not "being killed". They are killing each other. They are killing themselves. The "African brothers" laugh at South Africa's negotiated settlement and they think it's stüpid. You can't replace wisdom.

Truth always.

You are a stup1d fool. Try typing with some amount of sense abeg. How do you negotiate with an islamists? How do you go about that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
This boko-haram thing is becoming way too ugly, foreign intervention is needed before the whole region becomes disturbalized.. Let's not rejoice at other people's misfortunes like the Nigerian commenters do.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
zaandrew:

Who told you that. You do know it was white people that brought the church to africa.
to MUCH of Africa not to Africa. Christianity existed in Ethiopia during the time Europe was still a jungle.

But the church has little impact in their lives and in shaping their thinking today. That's why they have strange laws allowing certain things- things we cannot understand.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
saengine: For me its no longer SA vs Nigeria. These are our African brothers being killed. This must end.

africans, ignorant nigerians in particular have allowed imported foreign religions define them. Therein lies the crux of the problem. Religion is a cancer, it has eaten deep into the nigerian society, and until people begin to think objectively and ask questions, we would never see the end of this problem.

An extremist only needs to have a loaded AK-47 to throw the nation in mourning. Multiply by 5 extremists and at least 80 un-armed civilians are dead. He does not wear uniform, it is not written on his face, infact he seems more decent than the pope himself. So how do you tackle the problem?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
zetdee: This boko-haram thing is becoming way too ugly, foreign intervention is needed before the whole region becomes disturbalized.. Let's not rejoice at other people's misfortunes like the Nigerian commenters do.

Foreign intervention into south africa perhaps. Nigeria only needs the resources to tackle the problem. That is, equipment, intelligence and training. Just like the indonesians get from the US for their detachment 88 unit. If we can get a similar unit like the detachment 88, fully funded, trained and equipped by the americans to deal primarily with terrorism and terrorist related activities. A dedicated unit that is well trained and equipped would help in curtailing terrorists activities. I do not believe terrorism can be defeated, how do you defeat an ideology. It is virtually impossible to do that.

We do not have the resources to defeat terrorism, we have been able to curtail terrorists activities, up until a few weeks ago. However, as we have seen Killing shekau doesn't bring and end to terrorism, another vampire would just take his place.

2) A negotiated settlement is not possible. you cannot use the example of south africa in this particular situation. As their demands are frivolous.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

You are a stup1d fool. Try typing with some amount of sense abeg. How do you negotiate with an islamists? How do you go about that?

Then I take it both myself and your government are "stûpid foöls".

http://www.irinnews.org/report/96915/analysis-hurdles-to-nigerian-government-boko-haram-dialogue

On 16 September 2011, former president Olusegun Obasanjo held talks with some Boko Haram members in their birthplace and stronghold, the northeastern city of Maiduguri, where they tabled demands for a ceasefire which included an end to arrests and killings of their members, payment of compensation to families of sect members killed by security personnel, and prosecution of policemen responsible for the killing of sect leader Mohammed Yusuf in June 2009.

Truth hurts. You're killing each other because wisdom doesn't live in Naai-geria.

No creativity. No thinking outside the box. Just guns and brawn. Ogres for Ogas.

SMH.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

2) A negotiated settlement is not possible.

Neither is a military victory, by the looks of things.

So, you decide what it's gonna be. Brains always win against brawn.

Look what brawn has given you. Death by the thousands.

Boko Haram Islamists are as Naai-gerian as the Southerners are. To outsiders, it's just brother against brother.

Very clever nation. undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

An extremist only needs to have a loaded AK-47 to throw the nation in mourning. Multiply by 5 extremists and at least 80 un-armed civilians are dead. He does not wear uniform, it is not written on his face, infact he seems more decent than the pope himself. So how do you tackle the problem?

There are two sides to every story. Some would say three, even. Extremism doesn't arise out of a vacuum. It's not as if the North isn't neglected. It's not as if it's not one of the poorest and least educated regions in the whole wide world. Whose fault is that? The Naai-gerian nation brought Boko Haram upon itself because it lacks foresight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

Foreign intervention into south africa perhaps. Nigeria only needs the resources to tackle the problem. That is, equipment, intelligence and training. Just like the indonesians get from the US for their detachment 88 unit. If we can get a similar unit like the detachment 88, fully funded, trained and equipped by the americans to deal primarily with terrorism and terrorist related activities. A dedicated unit that is well trained and equipped would help in curtailing terrorists activities. I do not believe terrorism can be defeated, how do you defeat an ideology. It is virtually impossible to do that.

We do not have the resources to defeat terrorism, we have been able to curtail terrorists activities, up until a few weeks ago. However, as we have seen Killing shekau doesn't bring and end to terrorism, another vampire would just take his place.

2) A negotiated settlement is not possible. you cannot use the example of south africa in this particular situation. As their demands are frivolous.
Jokes asideh there is one thing I know violent breath violent ther must be a way to deal with these madness because I believe killing the sect leaders won't solve the Problem at hand you rightly put it you can't beat an ideology so Nigerians themselves must find a settlement
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
gst101: i was told white people dont go to church and dont know anything about God. I am suprised you know of a "Belly of a fish."
Who told you that?,oh didn't they say "white people don't know chineke". Let's talk military stuff please not religion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120: shut up your mouth/ thumbs, else I'd call julius malema to come kick your a$$ back to south-east asiagringringringrin. In 2008 we did not have crack anti-terror commandos. He is dead for sure this time around. You lying south african, you saw OBL's body in the news when he was killed Would please stop lying, it's not good for your health.
Now are you gonna agree with me when I say Nigerian armed forces lack experience. Cause SAPS special task force(anti terrorist unti),has been kicking ass way before 2008.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Nigeria is in a vulnerable position. Only God will help Nigeria,
The CIA(drones/commandos) or USA special forces will be deployed to Nigeria to give hand to that helpless army.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria will negotiate with Boko Haram,like it or not. Things seemed to cool down but boko haram has regrouped and striking back. STRIKING HARD!!!!! With 87 dead.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
CraigB:

Then I take it both myself and your government are "stûpid foöls".

http://www.irinnews.org/report/96915/analysis-hurdles-to-nigerian-government-boko-haram-dialogue

On 16 September 2011, former president Olusegun Obasanjo held talks with some Boko Haram members in their birthplace and stronghold, the northeastern city of Maiduguri, where they tabled demands for a ceasefire which included an end to arrests and killings of their members, payment of compensation to families of sect members killed by security personnel, and prosecution of policemen responsible for the killing of sect leader Mohammed Yusuf in June 2009.

Truth hurts. You're killing each other because wisdom doesn't live in Naai-geria.

No creativity. No thinking outside the box. Just guns and brawn. Ogres for Ogas.

SMH.

You are a stup1d white pig. The problem is more complicated than what you had in south-africa. How do you negotiate with a person who believes that he would make paradise if he dies doing God's work? When a group makes a demand that all 90 million nigerian Christians including the president should convert to islam. Aren't those demands ludacris and down right frivolous? Let me bring it closer to home for you. Julius malema becomes the president of RSA tomorrow, and he then orders all 5 million white south africans to leave SA, claiming they aren't south africans despite living in south africa for over 400 years. Is such a demand achievable?

You know, in that report, the man who meet the former president was murdered only 2 days after the President's visit?

you are an un-intelligent red-neck. if you had, had a pint of sense in your head you would have read that the presidency had tried to negotiate with this band of murderers multiple times.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
CraigB:

Neither is a military victory, by the looks of things.

So, you decide what it's gonna be. Brains always win against brawn.

Look what brawn has given you. Death by the thousands.

Boko Haram Islamists are as Naai-gerian as the Southerners are. To outsiders, it's just brother against brother.

Very clever nation. undecided

You really are a fool1sh pig, not smart either. We have tried multiple approaches including negotiations, carrot and stick and what ever term people have for negotiations these days.

The only language boko-haram understands is brute force. The reason we haven't wound up this group is because of a lack of state of the art resources in the requisite needed numbers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Henry120:

You are a stup1d white pig. The problem is more complicated than what you had in south-africa. How do you negotiate with a person who believes that he would make paradise if he dies doing God's work? When a group makes a demand that all 90 million nigerian Christians including the president should convert to islam. Aren't those demands ludacris and down right frivolous? Let me bring it closer to home for you. Julius malema becomes the president of RSA tomorrow, and he then orders all 5 million white south africans to leave SA, claiming they aren't south africans despite living in south africa for over 400 years. Is such a demand achievable?

You know, in that report, the man who meet the former president was murdered only 2 days after the President's visit?

you are an un-intelligent red-neck. if you had, had a pint of sense in your head you would have read that the presidency had tried to negotiate with this band of murderers multiple times.

You can foam in the mouth until you are blue in the face. You can throw a million insults. The fact remains. Naai-gerians are killing each other because they lack wisdom. Simple.Sooner or later, you will see the light and behave like normal human beings - go to the negotiating table.

The point is Obasanjo saw it fitting to try negotiations. Jonathan saw it fitting to call for negotiations. These aren't stüpid white pigs, I believe.

Never mind that.

Why do you have Boko Haram in the first place? Because your leaders are useless, that's why. Your nation as a whole is useless. Had your leaders not spent their time neglecting the people of the North, there'd be no resentment today. But once again, your lack of foresight prevented you from doing what needed to be done to build a nation. You allowed Boko Haram to thrive. Even the name "Boko Haram" was deemed nothing more than a nickname for a harmless sect, in the early days. Look what you have now. It all boils down to one thing - lack of wisdom.

There'd be no need for "brute force" had you employed the necessary foresight.

All this is of your own making. Your nation cannot see farther than its noise. Damn humanoids.

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.