Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,411 members, 7,850,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458997 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Are you not even ashamed of telling lies. South Africa manufacture UAV's and they have made way more than 12 UAV's.

At times, you make very silly comments. The fact that south-africa manufactures drones, doesn't mean the SANDF deploys all of them. I've stated the number of drones in nigerian airforce service ( if you doubt the veracity of my post, google up SIPRI's Israeli weapons sale in africa from 2006-2010 or you can post your email address here, so I can send you the PDF file).

The united states has manufactured over 4000 F-16's, are all the F-16's so far manufactured in US airforce service?

Until proven otherwise, the nigerian airforce has the largest fleet of surveillance drones of any military in SSA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:35am On Dec 09, 2013
Nigeria27:

every conflict creates refugees but clearly your too stupid to realize this are you telling me that south african and the rest of the un failed the refugees that were created because of the conflict ? you are honestly just an idiot

Exactly!

Therefore, you are no different from all the other conflict-ridden regions of Africa, with incompetent militaries.

If this were really a "squashable" terrorist insurgency, it'd be gone by now and there'd be no refugees.

But, the refugees are increasing and your claims of being victorious are being exposed as lies.

This has become a civil war and people are dying in deserts.

Failure.

And you...are just a hurt little man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:35am On Dec 09, 2013
Henry120:

At times, you make very silly comments. The fact that south-africa manufactures drones, doesn't mean the SANDF deploys all of them.[s] I've stated the number of drones in nigerian airforce service ( if you doubt the veracity of my post, google up SIPRI's Israeli weapons sale in africa from 2006-2010 or you can post your email address here, so I can send you the PDF file).

The united states has manufactured over 4000 F-16's, are all the F-16's so far manufactured in US airforce service?

Until proven otherwise, the nigerian airforce has the largest fleet of surveillance drones of any military in SSA[/s].

But it can deploy them whenever it wants to. Denel is the manufacturing arm of the SANDF. It's as simple as that.

No amount of denial, anger or whatever else will change that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2013
CraigB:

Wanting it is one thing. Needing it is quite another.

You clearly need it because you have no clue what you are talking about.

Listen to you!

Tax monies buy Denel equipment. Denel's profits and retained earnings go back into the tax-payer's fiscus. Transfer pricing. That's it. There's a sole shareholder. The government.

You need the profile. But most importantly, you need a brain. You are talking kak about that which you know nothing about. What does Naai-geria know about defence industries anyway?

"Denel SOC Ltd is a South African state owned aerospace and defence technology conglomerate established in 1991. It was created when the manufacturing subsidiaries of Armscor were split off in order for Armscor to become the procurement agency for South African Defence Force (SADF), now known as the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), and the manufacturing divisions were grouped together under Denel as divisions.
Denel was established as a state-owned industrial company under the Ministry of Public Enterprises in April 1992. It inherited most of Armscor's production and research facilities, and over 15 000 employees. At the time of its formation, Denel restructured and reorganised the former Armscor subsidiaries into a number of divisions and subsidiaries within five industrial groups: systems, manufacturing, aerospace, informatics, and properties and engineering services."
- For our resident idîot. cry

you don't need them indeed. so why will US made drones be patrolling your skies? you are delusional sad

you are still giving me long stories without facts to support your silly claim "When SANDF decides it wants those drones, Denel MUST supply them. Simple." as quoted by you.

well since you need an article to support your dull brain to understand what i'm trying to say undecided

states independent defence analyst Helmoed Heitman adds that, although the industry is doing well in the export market, its potential is being eroded by the general failure to develop new products and technologies and by the inability of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) to buy adequate quantities of the equipment and systems it needs.
http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/south-african-defence-industry-budgetary-cuts-2013-02-06

cry all you want but the fact still stays. if your military can't pay, they won't get any. see how hatred has fvcked your mind to nothingness. how sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:10am On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

you don't need them indeed. so why will US made drones be patrolling your skies?[s] you are delusional sad

you are still giving me long stories without facts to support your silly claim "When SANDF decides it wants those drones, Denel MUST supply them. Simple." as quoted by you.

well since you need an article to support your dull brain to understand what i'm trying to say undecided

states independent defence analyst Helmoed Heitman adds that, although the industry is doing well in the export market, its potential is being eroded by the general failure to develop new products and technologies and by the inability of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) to buy adequate quantities of the equipment and systems it needs.

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/south-african-defence-industry-budgetary-cuts-2013-02-06

cry all you want but the fact still stays. if your military can't pay, they won't get any.[/s]

I cancelled the above because it's rubbish. And you complain about long stories.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

The facts have been given to you in my links. Deal with it. Denel and the SANDF - two sides of the very same coin. Live with it.

Now, the anti-poaching effort in South Africa is under the direction of the environmental affairs ministry. Get that through you thick skull.

When the SANDF decides that it needs drones from Denel, it will get drones from Denel as and when it needs them. Whatever Denel manufactures, SANDF can get at transfer pricing. Taxpayer pays. Taxpayer profits. Transactions cancel each other out.

End of story.

And I told you that you know nothing about the industry - the market - hence your quoting market news and foaming in the mouth. It's a pointless quote. Cancelled it.

See your ignorance below, which has been exposed. Denel IS Pretoria.

chris365:

Don't mind fighter pilot. As if denel builds weapons to dash SANDF.

NAF develops it's own drone for use while SANDF helplessly waits for Pretoria to pay denel for even one drone. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:38am On Dec 09, 2013
CraigB:

I cancelled the above because it's rubbish. And you complain about long stories.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

The facts have been given to you in my links. Deal with it. Denel and the SANDF - two sides of the very same coin. Live with it.

Now, the anti-poaching effort in South Africa is under the direction of the environmental affairs ministry. Get that through you thick skull.

When the SANDF decides that it needs drones from Denel, it will get drones from Denel as and when it needs them. Whatever Denel manufactures, SANDF can get at transfer pricing. Taxpayer pays. Taxpayer profits. Transactions cancel each other out.

End of story.

And I told you that you know nothing about the industry - the market - hence your quoting market news and foaming in the mouth. It's a pointless quote. Cancelled it.

See your ignorance below, which has been exposed.

your stories are getting longer and emptier.

Yes of course. Even a professional defence analyst would not make sense to you. Paranoia is evident in your behavior indeed.

SANDF has hundreds of troops that have joined the anti poaching campaign with nothing to show for it and have already lost a helicopter in the process.

Even the US drone will be bought by a private hand to support them. Why didn't they stroll into denel as your fvcked up mind believes?

My ignorance you say. Yet backed by q professional defence analyst IN SA. u are getting worse than I met you here. Stay off drugs boy.

Keep crying. It still won't change the facts already proven.. if yourilitary doesn't pay, it doesn't get. Simple
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:43am On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

your stories are getting longer and emptier.

[s][i]Yes of course. Even a professional defence analyst would not make sense to you. Paranoia is evident in your behavior indeed.

SANDF has hundreds of troops that have joined the anti poaching campaign with nothing to show for it. Even the US drone will be bought by a private hand to support them. Why didn't they stroll into denel as your fvcked up mind believes?

My ignorance you say. Yet backed by q professional defence analyst IN SA. u are getting worse than I met you here. Stay off drugs boy.

Keep crying. It still won't change the facts already proven.. if yourilitary doesn't pay, it doesn't get. Simpl[/i]e[/s]

And yours are getting even more emptier. The bravado is gone. You're even trying to speak like CraigB.

I cancelled the above because it continues to be irrelevant rubbish (no response to rubbish's necessary). You don't comprehend half of what the analyst was saying. Let alone half of our anti-poaching effort story.

You are now jumping from argument to argument.

You have abandoned the argument below:

chris365:

NAF develops it's own drone for use while SANDF helplessly waits for Pretoria to pay denel for even one drone. grin

Rightly so. You never knew you were talking about.

That's why you are now going crazy like a dog on heat. Your idîocy is exposed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:55am On Dec 09, 2013
CraigB:

And yours are getting emptier. The bravado is gone.

I cancelled the above because it continues to be irrelevant rubbish. You don't comprehend half of what the analyst was saying.

You are now jumping from argument argument.

You have abandoned the below:

Rightly so. You never knew you were talking about.

That's why you are now going crazy like a dog on heat. Your idîocy is exposed.

sorry. facts already proven for the sane mind. you can keep whining all you want. your loss not mine tongue

meanwhile your soldiers continue to die in the hands of common poachers and more reiforcements of battalion companies are sent in.

i wonder what will become of SA when your separatists groups start to wage a violent campaign. (with ANC incompetence and Mandela's death, it's definitely bound to happen)

SANDF soldier killed in Kruger Park
A soldier has been killed during an operation in the Kruger National Park, the SA National Defence Force said on Monday.

Private Thabiso Zulu, of Regiment East Rand, was deployed on Sunday with 2 SA Infantry Battalion.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2013/08/20/sandf-soldier-killed-in-kruger-park

the SA's that added their comments seem to agree with me that your military is useless grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:00am On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

sorry. facts already proven for the sane mind. [s]you can keep whining all you want. your loss not mine tongue

meanwhile your soldiers continue to die in the hands of common poachers and more reiforcements of battalion companies are sent in.

i wonder what will become of SA when your separatists groups start to wage a violent campaign. (with ANC incompetence and Mandela's death, it's definitely bound to happen)

A soldier has been killed during an operation in the Kruger National Park, the SA National Defence Force said on Monday.
[/s]
P[s]rivate Thabiso Zulu, of Regiment East Rand, was deployed on Sunday with 2 SA Infantry Battalion.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2013/08/20/sandf-soldier-killed-in-kruger-park

the SA's that added their comments seem to agree with me that your military is useless grin[/s]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Your stûpidity misses yet again.

Drones: Private effort.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/a-south-african-rhino-farmer-is-buying-US-drones-to-fight-poachers

A South African Rhino Farmer Is Trying to Buy U.S. Drones to Fight Poachers

_________________________________________________________________________________

Anti-poaching:

Environmental affairs directs it.

http://www.polity.org.za/article/sa-statement-by-the-department-of-environmental-affairs-south-africa-and-laos-democratic-to-sign-an-agreement-to-protect-and-conserve-rhinos-25102013-2013-10-25

SA: Statement by the Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa and Laos Democratic to sign an agreement to protect and conserve rhinos (25/10/2013)

http://allafrica.com/stories/201309240341.html

South Africa: Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs Welcomes Youth Commitment to the Fight Against Rhino Poaching

I told you - don't talk about things you know nothing about. You will be exposed, like you were last night.

And here's more of your ignorance below, for you to look at.

We can't allow you to forget this. Look at yourself in the mirror and weep.

This is who or rather, what you are.

chris365:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 4:25am On Dec 09, 2013
rka1:

Just because they are built by Denel doesn't automatically mean SANDF are equipped with them. Show how many are in service with SANDF and stop showing Denel weapons. We know they manufacture.

Denel and SANDF are just two sides of a coin. We already have way far more than 12 UAV's in our defence. Trust me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:16am On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

SANDF has hundreds of troops that have joined the anti poaching campaign with nothing to show for it and have already lost a helicopter in the process.

Even the US drone will be bought by a private hand to support them. Why didn't they stroll into denel as your fvcked up mind believes?
It still won't change the facts already proven.. if your military doesn't pay, it doesn't get. Simple

hahahaha grin

you squeezed their balls so hard, they are leaking water and blood by now grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:16am On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Denel and SANDF are just two sides of a coin. We already have way far more than 12 UAV's in our defence. Trust me.

...but you are NOT trustworthy grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:18am On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

Private Thabiso Zulu, of Regiment East Rand, was deployed on Sunday with 2 SA Infantry Battalion.

the SA's that added their comments seem to agree with me that your military is useless grin

their soweto half baked military cannot face boko haram, them dey fear seleka like say na dracula vampire grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:28am On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:

Now BH is blending into society? I thought you said they were driven into remote areas further north.

Here's question: WHERE WERE YOUR AIR FORCE'S F-7 AND ALPHA JETS DURING THIS ATTACK THAT LASTED FOR MORE THAN 3 HOURS?. You asked us the same question regarding the bangui battle.

terrorists are civilians trained to fight, they live among people and melt in and out of town as civilians, they go back ajd forth from their hidden secret base. thats how terrorists operate all over the world.

osama bin laden was living fine in a house on a public street in pakistan for 10 years, America and the whole world did not know. that is a terrorist for you.

same way south african air force and army could not stop ANC rebels of mandela from bombing your air force headquarters and your nuclear power reactor in your own homeland soil in pretoria city ande koeberg city. get it ?

yes nigerian Alpha jets from far away in a the middle region of nigeria flew a long distance to the north of nigeria, and their arrival made boko haram to start running like cows that see a mad butcher with double edged swords.

south african Gripen jets were sitting idle a long distance away while seleka rebels roated your army like suya, soweto's pilots were sleeping in zambia or uganda at that time when they knew they were on deployment for combat.

you see the difference now ? grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:35am On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
it is a show of power by BH that it is still capable of hitting back with a greater force or well coordinated military attack. Desperation will be shown when the force is totally driven underground resorting to suicide bombers and propaganda.

THIS WAS A DARING ATTACK !!

....and the boko boys met with DARING DEATH, they wanted to go to heaven but nigerian army sent them to hell instead.

likely about a hundred boko fighters died from nigerian infantry and alpha jets that flew smartly from adamawa state to borno state a long distance away.

why did the remaining boko haram fighters run away when Alpha jets showed up ? i thought they were happy do die and see 'heaven' now grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

To be more exact the war started at 2am to 8am. It took about six hours, where insurgents burned down two Mi-24 hinds and three Alpha jets which were untruly rumoured to have been decommissioned in order to deny insurgents psychological victory.

nigeria has 33 decommissioned MiG 21 jets parked outside, some in maiduguri their traditional base where they were used against Chad's army that invaded nigeria a few times in the 1980s.

Jaguar jets are in storage in middle of nigeria, makurdi air base, no one can get into the storage, thats even if you know where it is.

Alpha jets are based in middle of nigeria especially Yola air base to be ready to chase boko haram into Cameroon if need be.

Alpha jets flew from yola to maiduguri about 300km away, boko boys saw Alpha jet, they knew the game was over...they ran ran ran and ran grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:43am On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

America is the largest UAV drone manufacturer in the world dude, and Israel is second position after America.

http://www.rferl.org/content/drones_who_makes_them_and_who_has_them/24469168.html

America has 7,000 UAV/drones and your weblink does not say anywhere that south africa is biggest manufacturer of drones/UAV....419 man grin

It seems as if you have a serious problem with comprehension skills. I even wonder how did you manage to acquire MBA degree with such limited academic abilities. Did i ever say SA is the biggest manufacturer of drones in the entire world? Of course the are the biggest in their own ranks, probably in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

To be more exact the war started at 2am to 8am. It took about six hours, where insurgents burned down two Mi-24 hinds and three Alpha jets which were untruly rumoured to have been decommissioned in order to deny insurgents psychological victory.

nigeria has 33 decommissioned MiG 21 jets parked outside, unwanted and useless all over nigeria in several air force bases, some in maiduguri their old combat base where they were used against Chad's army that invaded nigeria a few times in the 1980s.

see photo of nigerian decomissioned MiG 21 jets how we dumped them.

click the link below and scroll down page to see more.

http://www.planes.cz/en/search/company/1578/nigerian-air-force-ngr/?pho_company=1578

Jaguar jets are in storage in middle of nigeria, makurdi air base, no one can get into the storage, thats even if you know where it is.

Alpha jets are based in middle of nigeria especially Yola air base to be ready to chase boko haram into Cameroon if need be.

Alpha jets flew from yola to maiduguri about 300km away, boko boys saw Alpha jet, they knew the game was over...they ran ran ran and ran grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2013
CraigB:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/a-south-african-rhino-farmer-is-buying-US-drones-to-fight-poachers

_________________________________________________________________________________

Anti-poaching:

http://www.polity.org.za/article/sa-statement-by-the-department-of-environmental-affairs-south-africa-and-laos-democratic-to-sign-an-agreement-to-protect-and-conserve-rhinos-25102013-2013-10-25

SA: Statement by the Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa and Laos Democratic to sign an agreement to protect and conserve rhinos (25/10/2013)

South Africa: Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs Welcomes Youth Commitment to the Fight Against Rhino Poaching

I told you - don't talk about things you know nothing about. You will be exposed, like you were last night.

This guy from Nigeria is really mad. South Africa is an industrialised nation, thus our defence force does not develop weapons on their own. Denel came into being as a result of the act of parliament for such purpose as developing arms for our local defence. Why on earth should SAAF develop drones of their own when they have such a big defence industry?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2013
CraigB:

Anti-poaching:

This guy from Nigeria is really mad. South Africa is an industrialised nation, thus our defence force does not develop weapons on their own. Denel came into being as a result of the act of parliament for such purpose as developing arms for our local defence. Why on earth should SAAF develop drones of their own when they have such a big defence industry?
CraigB:

Anti-poaching:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:57am On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

They are using their low standards on South Africa.

And the weapons that they develop on their own are line university student experiments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:58am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:58am On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

....and the boko boys met with DARING DEATH, they wanted to go to heaven but nigerian army sent them to hell instead.

likely about a hundred boko fighters died from nigerian infantry and alpha jets that flew smartly from adamawa state to borno state a long distance away.

why did the remaining boko haram fighters run away when Alpha jets showed up ? i thought they were happy do die and see 'heaven' now grin

The BH boys may be dead but Boko haram is alive and well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

their soweto half baked military cannot face boko haram, them dey fear seleka like say na dracula vampire grin

Boko Haram is a walk in the park.

It's just that Naai-geria are useless.

Naai-geria should ask the OAU to send real soldiers to that country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:01am On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

hahahaha grin

you squeezed their balls so hard, they are leaking water and blood by now grin

No, he did not. He was shown that the minister of environmental affairs looks after the anti-poaching effort.

Pull the other one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigeria is LOSING AS WE SPEAK. Two helicopter OUT!!!!!! Your satellites can't locate this armoured personnel carriers?. 500 insurgents able to move with massive vehicles with a curfew imposed. NEGOTIATE!!!!!!!!!! "Maiduguri (Nigeria):

no dude, the side that runs away and cannot hold territory is the loser. boko haram could not capture even one house and defend it in nigeria.

our army show up and fights, boko runs back across border to cameroon, chad or niger. that is the loser.

of course in any war both sides die, even america's mighty army has lost thousands of soldiers in afghanistan killed by islamic terrorists.

nobody has monopoly of killing in war, you kill and get killed in return.

for every 1 nigerian soldier killed, we kill 10 boko harams on average.

in nigeria we dont manufacture false kill ratio like south african army 15 dead, seleka rebels 1,000 dead grin

satellites, yes nigerian satellite would have seen the boko haram movement but response time will be late because they wont know who was moving whether it was nigerian army in operation/patrol or redeployment, so the satellite monitors wont raise any alarm signal because you cannot identify whose forces were moving.

that is the difference between insurgency war where both warring sides live and move inside the same territory and their is no dividing frontline.

it is a more complex war than a nation vs nation war where each country has its own separate border lines, if satellite sees images of massive human movement from chadian border heading to nigeria, they will raise alarm.

that is how we say boko harams anti-aircraft guns crossing a neighbouring border into nigeria on our satellite imaging systems and we struck them with Mi-24 gunships, they hit the gunship but it survived the anti-aircraft fire.

boko haram can raise 300 men inside maiduguri city without moving across border from cameroon because they live as civilians in the day selling yams and suya beef, then at night they change form into gun carrying terrorists.

if he hides AK-47 in bags of beans who will know ?

seleka rebels can be seen by satellite when they move in large numbers because they have known public bases.

boko haram has NO public visible base. they are an 'invisble' enemy until they close in on you.

even america and russia will sweat if they face boko haram style war, pakistan could not defeat terrorists and it is a nuclear power nation ranked about 10 in the world.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
1. NNS Thunder and NNS Arandu will sail back to Nigeria with your grandmother's super natural powers? 2. NNS Thunder and NNS Arandu will take on Four stealth frigates(armed with torpedoes,Anti-ship missiles and AAM that can to used in the SAM role) plus a diesel submarine? 3. Your warships will fire anti-ship missiles,torpedoes,Surface to air missiles(against incoming missiles and attacks planes) simultaneously? 4. Your warships while trying desperately to lock in their radars on the SAN stealth frigates with SAAF EW planes making it more difficult,will be wide opened by torpedoes.

make all the noise you want like a police man chasing armed robbers.

listen to military tactics, south africa has NO weapon that can challenge NNS Aradu, its Otomat anti-ship missile range is double of south african Exocet missiles. Aradu's Aspide anti-aircraft missile is 75km range and will shoot down the whole south african air force Gripen and Hawk jets even before they come close. Nigeria has BVR missiles on Aradu, south africa has no BVR or stand-off missile, FACT !!!

only south african submarines can threaten Aradu, but she has a brand new and modern American submarine detector sonar plus anti-submarine torpedoes, and when our Lynx anti-submarine helicopters come back from upgrade in march 2014 plus our brand new stealth warships, all south african submarines will be in danger, a 50-50 battle, only God knows who will win in open international sea, but close in nigerian waters EEZ, south african navy will be sunk down to meet mammy water at sea bottom.

your dead soweto navy sailors' spirits can marry fine mammy water if they wish, she is africa's most beautiful mermaid grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:51am On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

no dude, the side that runs away and cannot hold territory is the loser.

They happily hold territory in the North East of Naai-geria, in Cameroon and elsewhere. They come in to zing you and they sail off. There's nothing you can do about it because you aren't about to go into Cameroon or Niger - and you haven't dislodged them completely from the North East.

They zinged your airbase and left you scratching your heads.

You have no strategy agains† their tactics. You promised to wipe them out in 6 months. You failed. You'll continue failing until you ask for help - you keep changing tactics, but there are no results.

Refugees. Increased.

Time budget. Exceeded. 6 months is now a year.

Financial budget. Definitely exceeded.

Lives. They continue being lost.

Terrorists have graduated to civil war combatants.

You're losing, alright.

Here's a Naai-gerian who'd agree.

There's no point talking about your equipment. You're failing.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2013
May Day! May Day!! May Day!!!: Widows, orphans dying at Cameroun border

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=135766

Unpalatable scenes from of Boko Haram refugee camps on the Cameroon-Nigeria border reveal that women give birth to babies in bad conditions. News from the camps indicate that lack of medical supplies have resulted in deaths of several persons from preventable diseases because of the horrific living conditions.
No food! No water! No money! The refugees have left the comfort of their homes and are making do with newly cleared church compound, sleeping on bare floor; come rain, come shine. Pity those who are weaning children with little or nothing to eat. Not too far away from the camps are pit latrines. The only source of water, two wells, is contaminated. Men, women, children, old and young cannot go far for fear of being attacked by insurgents suspected to be members of Boko Haram, who are said to be parading the neighbourhood looking for who to conscript into their Islamic army or Cameroonian gendarmes.
In October, some insurgents invaded sleepy Gwoza community, shooting sporadically, killing people amid shouts of Allahu Akbar (God is Great) and disappeared afterwards toward Kurana Bassa village that leads to Gwoza hills. Intelligence reports indicate that some insurgents are still hiding on the Gwoza hills since the declaration of a state of emergency in the three states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by President Goodluck Jonathan a little over six months ago.
Many of the victims who fled the attack are currently refugees in the premises of a village church—Church of Christ in Nations, COCIN – in Galma village, Cameroon. The church which was founded in 1904 with headquarters in Jos, Plateau State was originally known as Church of Christ in Nigeria.
*Boko haram
*Boko haram
Despite appeals by Borno State government for them to return, their spokesperson declared: “We cannot return to our residence in Gwoza council area until the security of lives and property is guaranteed with deployment of soldiers, because even the policemen in our area are not spared by the insurgents whenever they attack our communities in Gwoza.”
Recent reports put the number of Nigerians held in Niger Republic and Cameroon as a result of the attacks by Boko Haram members at 70,000. A United Nations report said the Nigerian crisis had pushed nearly 40,000 refugees over the northern border into Niger and Cameroon in a drive that was straining food supplies in the drought-prone country.
The UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), in its latest report, indicated that a total of 37,332 refugees had fled to Niger, nearly 29,000 of who are officially nationals of that country. The report said that this figure was three times more than expected, an indication of a difficulty in developing a humanitarian response.
Thousands of refugees have also spilled into Cameroon, prompting Nigeria to reach out for help in policing their shared border. The deputy governor of Borno State, Alhaji Zannah Umar Mustapha, who visited the border towns in Gwoza Local Government Area, called on Nigerians who fled to that neighbouring country to come back home as government was making necessary arrangements for their safety.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.