Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,333 members, 7,850,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458890 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
CraigB:

You government opinions.

Whenever you look at the flag in future, just know that it kissed the ground for Madiba - for three days.

Of course. To say goodbye to a former president. As aso villa has also flown numerous flags half mast for former Nigerian politicians.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
chris365:

See this fool. So what did martin Luther king fight for before Mandela was finally being listened to. Cos by then he was Seen as a terrorist. Stop selling that propaganda here.

No doubt I respect him for trying to unify SA, he's surely not the reason I now travel without being discriminated in Nigeria and the world.

I have my own opinion as a Nigerian about my own heroes based on my struggle as a Nigerian.and it not necessary to pick Mandela.

Martin is way far younger than Mandela and he was inspired in all respects by Madiba's speeches. Learn history.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Guys please ignore this criagB guy .awaiting more intelligent posts from your fellow south africans not what you sprewing here.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by delvinmaya(m): 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
@craigb, you are here throwing tantrums like a petulant child. Your fellow country men are paying their respect to a great man, while you are here trying to ridicule him, its really sad. If you had half a brain, you'd be out there with your country men, paying your respect. Arguing that the Nigerian flag is been flown at half mast is a sign its kneeling down to madiba is a new way of telling the world, "am an idiot and slowpoke". Madiba died and the Nigerian flag was lowered; greatness, you die and not even a fly acknowledges your death. Get well soon

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by fydence: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
agaugust:

thousands of nigerians have voiced out to boko haram, including prominent nigerian elder statesmen, traditional rulers, and international icons of both christian and muslim religions.

why should boko haram listen to mandela instead of prominent nigerian muslim leaders whose religion boko haram claims to be defending ?

@fighterpilot's comment insinuates that mandela's brain works better than that of 160 million nigerians and so we need him to solve our problems.

i have enough common sense to 'read in between the lines' when anyone writes and tries to 'cover up' his real intentions.

why did south africa not export its mandela to Congo DRC so that M23 rebels can listen to him some years ago and stop the civil war there ?
south africa chose to send its army there under UN forces coalition, why not send mandela instead ?

why send south african army to CAR instead of sending mandela to talk to Seleka rebels ?

now its nigeria's turn then a south african says mandela is the solution to our problem with boko haram.

see, i dont care how much the world respects nelson mandela, he is not bigger than nigeria. i am a nigerian first before i can say i am a fan of mandela.

loyalty to my nation first, other nations and their heroes come second.

my brain is not dull like yours, so mind your own business, you this thread derailing fake lawyer !

well said sir!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'm laughing quietly in English! smiley
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
According to SIPRI, nigeria purchased at total of 9 unmanned aerial vehicles from Israel in the period of 2006-2007. With 3 other nigerian made UAV's, we got 12 UAV's in service, and africa's biggest UAV fleet.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Henry120: According to SIPRI, nigeria purchased at total of 9 unmanned aerial vehicles from Israel in the period of 2006-2007. With 3 other nigerian made UAV's, we got 12 UAV's in service, and africa's biggest UAV fleet.

Are you not even ashamed of telling lies. South Africa manufacture UAV's and they have made way more than 12 UAV's.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
DEATH MACHINE: Guys please ignore this criagB guy .awaiting more intelligent posts from your fellow south africans not what you sprewing here.

seconded !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Henry120: According to SIPRI, nigeria purchased at total of 9 unmanned aerial vehicles from Israel in the period of 2006-2007. With 3 other nigerian made UAV's, we got 12 UAV's in service, and africa's biggest UAV fleet.

i am still trying to find the 3 sea drones USV janes dfense said we purchased from israel, whether delivered yet or not.

SOURCE : http://www.navaldrones.com/Seastar.html

VIDEO :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BuSnYfwLu4

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obrafour: Can someone please explain how a small country like Rwanda keep on humiliating a country like the DRC? The DRC outnumbers Rwanda in terms of troop numbers and equipments, but they are always complaining about Rwanda on BBC, how?
Poor treatment of soldiers(salaries etc),ill discipline,logistics,training,insiders,tribalism are some of the issues that make FARDC weak and enable to fight well. But in the latest fighting under a new command/General the Belgium and South African trained units fought well artillery and MRLS. Rwandan troops are well looked after compared to their DRC counterparts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
South africa sure won't sleep anymore cause of Mandela's death for months undecided

Hello,how's the thread going?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
agaugust: .
[size=16pt]south african air force headquaters bombed by ANC terrorists[/size]

many south african airforce officers were k.illed by the African National Congress's 20 May 1983 car bombing of headquarters of the South African Defence Force in Pretoria.

http://www.sahistory.org.za/dated-event/south-african-air-force-bombs-anc-maputo

this was the best and most professional era in military of south africa, the much respected SADF , more powerful than today's SANDF

south african air force made history as the first air force in africa to get their heads kicked by local terrorists right on their homeland backyard grin

[img]http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/poster/2012/5/10/120510Syria_6160725.jpg[/img]
Thank you Agaugust!!!!!!. This here shows us that Boko Haram will lead Nigeria in the future. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mike..ZA:
The Gripen has 120km radar,after SAAF acquires the A-Darter next year. A radar BVR missile will be acquired. The Gripen has a better EW suit. The Tanzania air force F-7 are more advanced than those of Nigeria,which use........WAIT FOR IT............FRENCH RADAR!!!!!!!!

south african Gripen jet has a 25km range missile, the 120km or maybe even 90km radar is wasted grin

radar does not shoot down the enemy aircraft, only a missile does the job.

there is NO source that says south africa will surely buy a BVR missile, then what if nigeria too buys it ? anybody can buy, not only you.

Tanzanian F-7 jet has chinese radar range 30km and outdated PL-7 missile with range about 14km

Nigerian F-7 jet has Italian radar range 57km and ultra-modern P-L9C with missile range 22km.

how do you rank Tanzanian F-7 jets as superior to Nigerian F-7 jet ?

see why i call you papa ajasco ? grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: South africa sure won't sleep anymore cause of Mandela's death for months undecided

Hello,how's the thread going?

threads fine, we just updated, nigerian navy's lynx anti-submarine helicopters are coming back from reserve storage, heading to europe for full upgrade and modernization to return home around march 2014 and likely to be mounted on our 2 new stealth warships from china.

NNS Aradu too is going abroad for a major refit and capacity improvement.

about 8 other nigerian navy warships are in line for full reactivation, NNS Anyam, Siri, Damisa, etc

back to full capacity world standard blue water power for nigerian navy.

[img]http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/83/pics/51_1.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obrafour::
Can someone please explain how a small country like Rwanda keep on humiliating a country like the DRC? The DRC outnumbers Rwanda in terms of troop numbers and equipments, but they are always complaining about Rwanda on BBC, how?

.....because the president of Congo DRC is a born fool, while the President of Rwanda is an intelligent thief grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
agaugust:

50% of south africa's population still cooks with firewood...go solve your problem, leave nigeria with its own tongue

Don't even talk about power/electricity. We all know power cuts are so bad in Nigeria. I'm 70% sure you have a generator in case of power cut. More 70% of Nigerians don't even use electricity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
agaugust:

threads fine, we just updated, nigerian navy's lynx anti-submarine helicopters are coming back from reserve storage, heading to europe for full upgrade and modernization to return home around march 2014 and likely to be mounted on our 2 new stealth warships from china.

NNS Aradu too is going abroad for a major refit and capacity improvement.

about 8 other nigerian navy warships are in line for full reactivation, NNS Anyam, Siri, Damisa, etc

back to world standard blue water power for nigerian navy.

The Navy has really been Pro-active recently ready to take it's spot as the most powerful african navy.Thumbs up to Nigeria Navy.

What about the ships under development in Lagos,when will they be ready?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The Navy has really been Pro-active recently ready to take it's spot as the most powerful african navy.Thumbs up to Nigeria Navy.

What about the ships under development in Lagos,when will they be ready?

2014 next year
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nigeria has the biggest UAV fleet in Africa?. You're such a comedian.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigeria has the biggest UAV fleet in Africa?. You're such a comedian.
Prove him wrong simple and let's see the bigger comedian.While I don't know if he's right,I can't dispute it either.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
agaugust:

2014 next year
Come 2018,The Nigerian Navy would be not to far to the league of the P-5(US,Russia,China,France,UK) Navies of the world with the rate at which it is progressing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
DEATH MACHINE: Guys please ignore this criagB guy .awaiting more intelligent posts from your fellow south africans not what you sprewing here.

Many have tried. Many have failed.

You aren't the first one to utter those words. In the end, the truth is hard to ignore.

And there's only one truth: the self-aggrandising naai-gerians have a failed ragtag thing for a military.

The truth shall keep being said.

It was fun when Seleka was the order of the day here. You are newcomer. A laggard on the thread. You know nothing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Thank you Agaugust!!!!!!. This here shows us that Boko Haram will lead Nigeria in the future. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

He knows this. They've even graduated to civil warriors. cry

Six months has become a year and will become years in no time.

They rush you talk about equipment while their biggest mission - a mission with implications for the survival of Naai-geria - fails.

Who cares about the fancy equipment? The country faces it's biggest threat in years and the loser military of Naai-geria is coming up short.

Let nations with Surefooted armies and steady political hands talk about equipment. Naai-geria should talk about the drawing board that it needs to visit. :-(

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
delvinmaya: @craigb, you are here throwing tantrums like a petulant child. Your fellow country men are paying their respect to a great man, while you are here trying to ridicule him, its really sad. If you had half a brain, you'd be out there with your country men, paying your respect. Arguing that the Nigerian flag is been flown at half mast is a sign its kneeling down to madiba is a new way of telling the world, "am an idiot and slowpoke". Madiba died and the Nigerian flag was lowered; greatness, you die and not even a fly acknowledges your death. Get well soon

Who is this idïot? You need to stop foaming in the mouth and read where and how the whole thing started.

You can read, can't you? Now get to work and see what your fellow losers of Naai-geria had to say.

I told everyone that South Africans hit harder. Now, if you want a spanking of your own, let me know. The spanking can be arranged.

We are South African. We don't take Naai-gerian kak.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
The Naai-gerians spoke too soon about Seleka. Now they want to cry because Boko haram is showing them stars.

I'm here to teach the nation of empty loudmouths humility.

South Africa's military has gone on to better things and Naai-geria's is stuck in a war zone. They have their hands full - dealing with a war they aren't winning.

You spoke too soon, losers! And I'm happy to remind you. kiss

Mandela said to study your enemy. Well, I did and I know what language the losers of naai-geria speak.

That's why they "love" me so much.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Prove him wrong simple and let's see the bigger comedian.While I don't know if he's right,I can't dispute it either.

South Africa is the biggest manufacturer of UAV's, they even sell them and if you want to add more to your just only 12 UAV's, you can put your order. Judge for yourself.

http://www.deneldynamics.co.za/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mike..ZA:

Boko Haram will lead Nigeria the day the South African white minority Afrikaaners take back power! grin grin Terrorists or Freedom Fighters ... choose your leaders in South Africa. It's gonna be a free for all fightfest in your SA at this rate! Watch your space, we are watching ours!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
While they are here talking to is about equipment - trying to impress:

Suffer the children.

Nigeria offensive drives 40,000 refugees into Niger: U.N.

NIAMEY (Reuters) - Nigeria's army offensive against Islamist militants has pushed nearly 40,000 refugees over its northern border into Niger, a U.N. agency said, in a drive that is straining food supplies in the drought-prone country.

The United Nations estimated in June there were 6,000 refugees from Nigeria but the figure has soared as President Goodluck Jonathan has stepped up attacks on Boko Haram militants.

The U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said in its latest monthly report that of a total 37,332 refugees, nearly 29,000 are officially Niger nationals and the rest are Nigerian.

"These figures, three times above the level the humanitarian workers were planning for, give an indication of the difficulties of developing a humanitarian response," it said.

Boko Haram is seen as the biggest risk to stability in Nigeria, Africa's most populous country and top oil producer, which shares a 1,500 kilometer border with its landlocked northern neighbor Niger along the edge of the Sahara Desert.

The United States formally designated Boko Haram and splinter group Ansaru as terrorist organizations on Wednesday.

OCHA said the refugees in Niger were spread over 20 different areas in the semi-desert southern province of Diffa and that they were living mostly with local hosts.

A spokesman for the government in Niger declined to comment. A Nigerian defense spokesman said he had no information about refugees crossing the border. Nigerian emergency service officials were not available for comment.

The rising number of refugees in Niger is expected to put further strain on food supplies after a disappointing harvest.

According to an October report by FEWS NET, a USAID-funded famine network, 1.2 million people in Niger will be in a situation of acute food insecurity from January 2014.

Thousands of refugees have also spilled into Cameroon, prompting Nigeria to reach out for help in policing their shared border.

The United Nations has called on neighboring countries to keep their borders open and has urged Niger to grant refugee status to the Nigerian nationals in the Diffa region.

(Reporting by Abdoulaye Massalatchi; Additional reporting by Tim Cocks; Writing by Emma Farge; Editing by Gareth Jones)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Exporting refugees in their thousands. They shouldn't be talking. cry

Niger and Cameroon are looking after their people. They should be humble, seeing as they can't get their act together.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Come 2018,The Nigerian Navy would be not to far to the league of the P-5(US,Russia,China,France,UK) Navies of the world with the rate at which it is progressing.

very sure, our submarines and mini aircraft carrier/LPD should have arrived by that 2018. we already have one of the world's top 10 largest navies in terms of number of vessels, and nigeria has the biggest navy in africa now based on vessels number.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Boko Haram will lead Nigeria the day the South African white minority Afrikaaners take back power! grin grin Terrorists or Freedom Fighters ... choose your leaders in South Africa. It's gonna be a free for all fightfest in your SA at this rate! Watch your space, we are watching ours!

No war's being waged by any terrorists in South Africa.

Bodies are piling up in Naai-geria.

No parallels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.