Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,441 members, 7,850,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4459090 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Gentlemen of this thread, please watch as the following points show the stupidity and dullness in this 33% brain:

1:: Article cited is a 2007 report by the writer!
2:: As of 2007 the proposal or plan was to operate four gateways for a certain range in our ground control plan.
3:: Satellite was due for full use at the end of 2007.

If in year 2013 this silly FighterPilot lad will hold tight to this stale and outdated material without presenting a source that validates the 2007 article, I feel so sorry for his competence in the SANDF. A valid source would be one that mentions that the proposed gateway has been implemented. A valid source would be one that mentions the location and nature of the so called gateway you are referring to in South Africa.

Or else where did you get the notion of your imaginary servers? They only exist in your empty blockhead.

We are in 2013 and I can tell you that not even a doorway exists in your SA for our NIGCOMSAT. grin grin

So much for your source! Anuohia! Ode!

It is only a fool who can argue with this.

http://www.satlaunch.net/2011/09/nigcomsat-1r-coverages-footprints.html?m=1

http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?norad=38014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

none of us is a satellite technology engineer.

my question to you is, what is the importance or non-importance of locating a nigerian satellite gateway or beam or submarine cable in south africa ?

the other gateways are according to your source, located in nigeria, italy, and china....so that k.ills your argument that only south africa can be a gateway in africa because american NASA built an observatory or server base or whatever base there, nigeria too has a gateway in africa !

we could have put whatever we put in south africa in zimbabwe, nigeria has the money to buy anything you have in south africa and put it wherever we want....FACT !!!

now i read a lot today about this satellite gateway thing and i discovered it just helps the local area where it is located to have better telecommunications reception and services, it has NOTHING to do with image/photo taking earth observation satellites....

http://www.newtec.eu/article/article/the-future-of-high-throughput-satellites-for-service-providers

so mister, if you shut down the south african gateway of a nigerian satellite (if at all it exists there), we will not feel the effect anywhere else, because you would have foolishly blacked-out your own south african nation from our favour of extending satellite services to you because the all-powerful control room is in nigeria and china, NOT south africa.

a satellite gateway is just like an electricity transformer on your street, that transformer does not control the electric supply source for all houses that exist, it only controls the few houses close to it in your local area, the real controller of electric power is the central control room located in another place and protected by the company that produces the electricity as a source for all consumers.

its like shutting down an electricity transformer on your street, who goes into darkeness ? you and your close neighbours of course cheesy

so you can go ahead and shut down anything that looks like a 'gateway' of a nigerian satellite in south africa tonight, and i assure you that your country will go into panic because you get cut off from the services nigeria has been kind enough to provide for you with naija's satellites.

you will surely have a very merry messy christmas after you have shot yourself in the foot... mister gateway cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2013

[size=14pt]merry christmas everyone ! [/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:48am On Dec 25, 2013
Strike Cameroon? What a joke , I spilled my orange juice Bwahahawaha , seems like some people here want to b sent back in the stone age.

Anyway boko haram like seleka is Deby's baby aka Chad . Stop looking on our side . A country with no intelligence want to strike another country . I swear you people are the funniest Nigerian I have ever known .
Hola @ when u begin sha
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:02am On Dec 25, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Strike Cameroon? What a joke , I spilled my orange juice Bwahahawaha , seems like some people here want to b sent back in the stone age.

Anyway boko haram like seleka is Deby's baby aka Chad . Stop looking on our side . A country with no intelligence want to strike another country . I swear you people are the funniest Nigerian I have ever known .
Hola @ when u begin sha

who said strike cameroon ? people said strike boko haram in cameroon.

nigeria does not need to do anything, we can just mind our own business and watch boko haram grow bigger in cameroon and they will overrun half of your country before you cry to france, nigeria and chad for military help...your fellow coward Mali should have taught you a lesson by now cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:05am On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

who said strike cameroon ? people said strike boko haram in cameroon.

nigeria does not need to do anything, we can just mind our own business and watch boko haram grow bigger in cameroon and they will overrun half of your country before you cry to france, nigeria and chad for military help...your fellow coward Mali should have taught you a lesson by now cheesy

Chad and Nigeria or France for help lmao Chadian r training here , meanwhile Nigerian are dying like roaches as for France they can go to hell , look at this tool bragging for being used to defend France interets all over the world, wouldn't b surprised if Nigerian slaves go in CAR .lmao
Cameroon recently showed how we can treat those boko boys by killing over 100 of their members keep hoping and wishing us harm when ur people keep dying and are now living in refugee camps .ah ah jokers .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 5:11am On Dec 25, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Chad and Nigeria or France for help lmao Chadian r training here , meanwhile Nigerian are dying like roaches as for France they can go to hell , look at this tool bragging for being used to defend France interets all over the world, wouldn't b surprised if Nigerian slaves go in CAR .lmao
Cameroon recently showed how we can treat those boko boys by killing over 100 of their members
keep hoping and wishing us harm when ur people keep dying and are now living in refugee camps .ah ah jokers .

Na so? You guys should keep playing your part in this fight, because the fight is starting to spread outward into Cameroon, Chad, and Niger.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:53am On Dec 25, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Cameroon recently showed how we can treat those boko boys by killing over 100 of their members keep hoping and wishing us harm when ur people keep dying and are now living in refugee camps .ah ah jokers .

Please don't compare your military with chad. Everyone knows chadians are braver. France trains chadian army on your soil doesn't mean you train them.

Boko haram is gradually challenging your government by carrying out kidnap operations and cross border raids on Cameroon soil. What is stopping your cowardly French slave president from acting if not fear?

And stop with the puppet thing. You sound like a baby that has been let loose. We all know who the French slave is. And you shall remain a slave until you remove your old dictator.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 6:02am On Dec 25, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Strike Cameroon? What a joke , I spilled my orange juice Bwahahawaha , seems like some people here want to b sent back in the stone age.

Hola @ when u begin sha

See this one. You spilled your garri and want to form juice grin

Just wait and see. We are currently discussing with your slave master since we already know you live under their protection.

Damn. Even your air base is filled with French assets A-Z. What makes you believe your country can withstand even Ghana without French help. You are sick

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:14am On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

my question to you is, what is the importance or non-importance of locating a nigerian satellite gateway or beam or submarine cable in south africa ?

the other gateways are according to your source, located in nigeria, italy, and china....so that k.ills your argument that only south africa can be a gateway in africa because american NASA built an observatory or server base or whatever base there, nigeria too has a gateway in africa !

we could have put whatever we put in south africa in zimbabwe, nigeria has the money to buy anything you have in south africa and put it wherever we want....FACT !!!

now i read a lot today about this satellite gateway thing and i discovered it just helps the local area where it is located to have better telecommunications reception and services, it has NOTHING to do with image/photo taking earth observation satellites....

http://www.newtec.eu/article/article/the-future-of-high-throughput-satellites-for-service-providers

so mister, if you shut down the south african gateway of a nigerian satellite (if at all it exists there), we will not feel the effect anywhere else, because you would have foolishly blacked-out your own south african nation from our favour of extending satellite services to you because the all-powerful control room is in nigeria and china, NOT south africa.

a satellite gateway is just like an electricity transformer on your street, that transformer does not control the electric supply source for all houses that exist, it only controls the few houses close to it in your local area, the real controller of electric power is the central control room located in another place and protected by the company that produces the electricity as a source for all consumers.

its like shutting down an electricity transformer on your street, who goes into darkeness ? you and your close neighbours of course cheesy

so you can go ahead and shut down anything that looks like a 'gateway' of a nigerian satellite in south africa tonight, and i assure you that your country will go into panic because you get cut off from the services nigeria has been kind enough to provide for you with naija's satellites.

you will surely have a very merry messy christmas after you have shot yourself in the foot... mister gateway cheesy

St.upidity of the highest order.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:37am On Dec 25, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You remain a fool so far! Scrambling about to make sense of your stupidity? I asked a simple question: explain what a satellite gateway is; thereafter please tell us where it is sited or located in your South Africa? I know where I am taking you and your stupidity to!

I am happy that you are now forced to seek help from Google. I will take you on shortly on those NIGCOMSAT KU Band diagrams when you eventually answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

The lad has to answer my questions so I can proceed to teach him a thing or two about satcoms and gateways! So far he continues to dilly-dally.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:50am On Dec 25, 2013

Hola @ when u begin sha

Stop making a fool of yourself! Striking any target or person of military value deep inside Cameroun is possible! But we have a military doctrine that ensures we are not an aggressor force! The sooner you help yourself, the better ... Otherwise you'll be running to us for help sooner than later.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:19am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas to friends and all.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:28am On Dec 25, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

St.upidity of the highest order.

after one year on this thread, i have developed 'thick skin' and can take personal insults cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry christmas to all and a prosperous new year in advance. It has been an amazing year of military discussions/ debates.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2013
Henry120: Merry christmas to all and a prosperous new year in advance. It has been an amazing year of military discussions/ debates.

this hot thread ballooned from 12 pages to 912 pages in 12 months. wow ! nairaland should start paying us for logging in. lol smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

this hot thread ballooned from 12 pages to 912 pages in 12 months. wow ! nairaland should start paying us for logging in. lol smiley

I tell you brother. Nairaland must start paying us for the traffic we bring to the site.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Cubeet: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2013
please my people, help me ask nairaland spam-bot why it banned me for 2days from posting here https://www.nairaland.com/1562398/nigerian-students-study-one-block-portakabin/11
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Cubeet: please my people, help me ask nairaland spam-bot why it banned me for 2days from posting here https://www.nairaland.com/1562398/nigerian-students-study-one-block-portakabin/11

use of some certain words, insults, threats, obscenity, will get you banned for 24 hours, or sometimes two wweks if the threat/insult is too strong.

too much content, too many photos or heavy kilobytes, extremely long comments, etc, will also get you banned.

the word fool is accepted and gets you no ban. the word s.tu.piid has to be adjusted to confuse the spambot program.

anything about making b.ombs or xplosives gets you banned.

those 'forbidden' words may not be in your own post/comment, they may only be in the weblinks or sources you add to your post, you still get banned for it.

from the above you should know where the landmines are, so avoid putting your foot there bros smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Cubeet2: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

use of some certain words, insults, threats, obscenity, will get you banned for 24 hours, or sometimes two wweks if the threat/insult is too strong.

too much content, too many photos or heavy kilobytes, extremely long comments, etc, will also get you banned.

the word fool is accepted and gets you no ban. the word s.tu.piid has to be adjusted to confuse the spambot program.

anything about making b.ombs or xplosives gets you banned.

those 'forbidden' words may not be in your own post/comment, they may only be in the weblinks or sources you add to your post, you still get banned for it.

from the above you should know where the landmines are, so avoid putting your foot there bros smiley
ok, i see
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GHKWAME1: 11:39am On Dec 25, 2013

Despite its financial troubles, France remains committed to an expensive military intervention in the Central African Republic. Now the country is looking to its European partners, chiefly Germany, to support the operation

No country has sent troops to Africa as
often as the French. For over half a
century, Paris has fought series of
wars, battles and skirmishes between
Algiers and Cape Town. Hardly a year
has passed without the French
launching an operation in Africa, where
their soldiers fought and died........ After the end of the colonial era, France's policy on Africa was long driven by selfish motives. Former French President Charles de Gaulle pushed to leave as many military bases on the continent as possible. He established a network of secret connections to the new African
strongmen. Paris offered them protection, and the politicians returned
the favour with natural resources.
The leadership in Paris thus became the
cronies of corrupt rulers who were
responsible for poverty in many
countries..... The question is, why would Germany want to be indebted to an endless war that its taxpayers will have to pay........ The French have a
history of writing cheques they can’t
honour. I think the German's have seen through the ongoing opaque
French colonial policy in Africa. Through its franceafrique. I hope the puppet french countries will join their english brothers and move Africa forward #Merry_Christmas
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
GH^KWAME:

Despite its financial troubles, France remains committed to an expensive military intervention in the Central African Republic. Now the country is looking to its European partners, chiefly Germany, to support the operation

No country has sent troops to Africa as
often as the French. For over half a
century, Paris has fought series of
wars, battles and skirmishes between
Algiers and Cape Town. Hardly a year
has passed without the French
launching an operation in Africa, where
their soldiers fought and died........ After the end of the colonial era, France's policy on Africa was long driven by selfish motives. Former French President Charles de Gaulle pushed to leave as many military bases on the continent as possible. He established a network of secret connections to the new African
strongmen. Paris offered them protection, and the politicians returned
the favour with natural resources.
The leadership in Paris thus became the
cronies of corrupt rulers who were
responsible for poverty in many
countries..... The question is, why would Germany want to be indebted to an endless war that its taxpayers will have to pay........ The French have a
history of writing cheques they can’t
honour. I think the German's have seen through the ongoing opaque
French colonial policy in Africa. Through its franceafrique. I hope the puppet french countries will join their english brothers and move Africa forward #Merry_Christmas

Only Algeria was able to totally push France out of their country. The rest are just too lost to know where to start from. And that is how France will destroy them with it's selfishness. Imagine France having control of their currency an resources. Only war can seperate them from Paris at this point. The Europeans know this.

1st it was Mali, now CAR, and very soon Cameroon will be consumed.

Only time will tell.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GHKWAME1: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
chris365:

Only Algeria was able to totally push France out of their country. The rest are just too lost to know where to start from. And that is how France will destroy them with it's selfishness. Imagine France having control of their currency an resources. Only war can seperate them from Paris at this point. The Europeans know this.

1st it was Mali, now CAR, and very soon Cameroon will be consumed.

Only time will tell.
Thumbs up to Algeria, for weaning itself from france. Unfortunately, these african countries have a constitutional pact with france which basically makes nonsense of their independence. No government project gets executed without the input of a french company.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
[size=16pt]south sudan falls into ethnic/tribal mass murders 1,000 civilians dead....

another 100,000 civilians on the run...fear of the other tribes' armed killers

some Africans enjoy killing each other....senseless mofos[/size]

we blame the white man, but we should blame ourselves too..

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/south-sudan-fighting-escalates-1000-feared-dead/

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
south sudan is getting hot, south african army will not go there now o ! until things get cool again....

... and UN gives jacob zuma's soldiers some money, then they may go cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Cubeet: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust: .
south sudan is getting hot, south african army will not go there now o ! until things get cool again....

... and UN gives jacob zuma's soldiers some money, then they may go cheesy

South Africa is otherwise occupied. Unlike Naai-geria that's currently stuck at home - on a senseless mission.

_____

SA choppers sent in to help retake DRC town
2013-12-25 22:01
Displaced in DRC

Kinshasa - A special UN force in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo used helicopters on Wednesday to fire on Ugandan rebels and help government troops retake the town of Kamango after an attack that killed civilians.

"South African helicopters in the UN intervention force were asked by FARDC (the DR Congo army) to give them support to recapture Kamango," said a senior officer with the UN mission to DR Congo (Monusco), who declined to be identified by name.

"We have already taken back Kamango," said Lieutenant Colonel Olivier Amuli, a FARDC army spokesperson in North-Kivu province, the mineral-rich but volatile region plagued by a number of armed groups.

Amuli admitted that at the time of the attack on Kamango the Congolese forces "withdrew because they were outnumbered".

The rebel attack took place before dawn, said Teddy Kataliko, head of the civil society in the Beni region where Kamango is located.

Neither Kataliko nor the Monusco officer could confirm to AFP the retaking of the town.

The civil organisation blamed the initial attack on the Islamist Ugandan rebel group ADF-Nalu in collaboration with Uganda's army. It is one of the oldest but least-known armed groups based in eastern DR Congo.

"We have 10 people kidnapped, 11 civilians and five soldiers wounded, and several civilians killed, as well as homes burned, by the attackers," Kataliko earlier told AFP.

Fear massacre

He also said the attackers were "now heading towards the town of Nobili", on the Congolese-Ugandan border, where more than 150 000 people have taken refuge from the fighting.

"We believe there is the risk of a massacre and that's why we are asking to establish a humanitarian corridor," he said, making an appeal to the government to come to the aid of those people.

Kataliko said that those fleeing the fighting would not be able to cross the border into Uganda, which was closed.

ADF-Nalu stands for Allied Democratic Forces-National Army for the Liberation of Uganda and is considered the only Islamist organisation in the region.

In July the Congolese army battled the ADF-Nalu rebels to take control of the Kamango region, but the fighting had sent tens of thousands of people fleeing for safety in neighbouring Uganda.

Monusco reported that at least 21 people were killed last week with "extreme brutality" in the Beni region. The UN did not identify the assailants, but again local civil groups pointed to the Ugandan rebels.

Radicals

The rebels are led by Jamil Mukulu, a Christian convert to Islam, and has never really managed to take its fight against President Yoweri Museveni's regime to Uganda.

Some observers have voiced concern that ADF-Nalu could become a link in the growing network of radical Islamist groups in East Africa.

Monusco's mission in DR Congo is made up of around 3 000 troops from South Africa, Tanzania and Malawi. Its peacekeepers have been specially authorised to go after armed groups ravaging DR Congo.

The mission helped bring down the M23 rebel movement last month, which was suspected of receiving support from Rwanda and Uganda, something both countries deny.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust: .
[size=16pt]south sudan falls into ethnic/tribal mass murders 1,000 civilians dead....

another 100,000 civilians on the run...fear of the other tribes' armed killers

some Africans enjoy killing each other....senseless mofos[/size]

we blame the white man, but we should blame ourselves too..

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/south-sudan-fighting-escalates-1000-feared-dead/

Oh the irony!

Naai-gerians are busy killing each other today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
agaugust:

yes like boko top man shekau who died many days after nigerian army shot him.....and we can never count those low level unnamed boko haram fighters who die in the jungle and mountains from artillery and aircraft bombardments.

good to see nigerian army is not like south african army that will claim to kill 1,000 enemies and lose only 15 men.

even the Israeli super army could not achieve that against Egypt and American army could not do it against Taliban in Afghanistan.

Lol, south africa can lie and a dead man will jump out of the grave and shout...."no be you kill me o ! i die natural death from typhoid" cheesy

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CHOOOY kai u wan kill me wit daf here o. IYANMI, WAT DO U TOR ABAA!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 12:01am On Dec 26, 2013

Hola @ when u begin sha
HEY IGNORAMUS! We would strike bh right in cameroon when the time comes. U should be ashamed, you pupet of a donkey. Bh has killed your mayor, what did you do? They operate, live and train on your soil what have you done? You know you aint up to bh, disturb them and see hell, you are scared of those challatants, you see them as gods cause you have no guts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 12:11am On Dec 26, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

as for France they can go to hell .
LIKE SERIOUSLY? U nimb numb nut skull, FRENCH PUPET

(1) (2) (3) ... (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.