Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,453 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4459132 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by nachrisbedis: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Psyching ourselves up, are we?

You'll have to do better than that, Chris.

Step one: engage brain. Then, you might have a chance of even so much as glazing me. I don't have time for empty posts from a hurt Naai-gerian. I deal with facts. And you have none. So, scratched out are your posts.

Run along now.

In the meantime, speaking of facts, your "mighty (not)" soldiers are in hot pursuit of Boko Haram, trying to get the loves of their lives back.

When will the "mighty (not)" soldiers get their ladies back? Today, tomorrow? Next year? Never?

A group of failures, these are. kiss

Rankings rearranged. Naai-gerian military. Naai-gerian who? cry

_______

Nigerian extremists abduct soldiers' wives, kids

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's military is in hot pursuit of Islamic extremists who abducted soldiers' wives and children when they attacked a barracks in northeast Nigeria, witnesses said Tuesday.

Related Stories

Suspected Islamists attack Nigeria military barracks AFP
Nigeria says 70 killed in battle with Islamist group Reuters
Nigeria pursuit of Islamists 'destroys villages, kills civilians' AFP
Nigeria's Boko Haram claims northeast barracks attack Reuters
Nigerian Islamists attack barracks in volatile northeast -army Reuters
The bodies of presumed terrorists killed in Friday's attack on a tank battalion in Bama town are rotting in the desert heat but residents say they are too scared to bury them.

"The corpses are beginning to smell, there are many corpses lying out there in the bush ... but no one dares touch them, lest you are labeled a relation or collaborator," said resident Babagana Bama.

Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade said security forces have killed at least 50 insurgents in an ongoing operation to catch the attackers. Fifteen soldiers and five civilians died in Friday's attack on a tank battalion in Bama and in the pursuit, he said in a statement.

"Intensive cordon and search operations are still ongoing to fish out the insurgents who might be lurking around communities in the area," Olukolade said.

Bama said the extremists "abducted many women and children and took them away."

Seizing relatives is also practiced by the other side. Nigeria's military routinely detains relatives of suspects, sometimes holding them hostage if a wanted person does not give himself up. The leader of the Boko Haram terrorist network, Abubakar Shekau, has repeatedly warned that they will retaliate with kidnappings of the family of security forces.

Dozens of wives and children of the insurgents were illegally detained for months and then released in May, when the government was trying to negotiate an amnesty. No agreement was reached and Shekau has said he will not negotiate with "infidels," or non-believers. He says he is fighting to impose Islamic law across Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation of more than 160 million people almost equally divided between the predominantly Muslim north and mainly Christian south.

Thousands of Muslims and Christians have been killed in the uprising, which poses the most serious threat to the security and cohesion of Africa's biggest oil producer since the civil war to create a separate state of Biafra in the 1960s.

Olukolade said the attackers came across the border from Cameroon. Fighters from Cameroon, Niger and Chad have been caught fighting alongside the Nigerian insurgents, the military has said, raising fears the insurgency could spread.

Friday's attack was stopped when the air force scrambled a jet fighter that strafed the insurgents, witnesses said. But not before the attackers set the entire complex ablaze, bombing buildings with improvised explosive devices, they said.

It was the second major attack on military installations this month. On Dec. 2, hundreds of fighters simultaneously overran an air force base and a military barracks a kilometer (nearly a mile) away on the outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital that is the birthplace of Boko Haram and at the heart of a military campaign using draconian emergency powers to try to put down the 4-year-old Islamic uprising.

Such attacks raise questions about military claims that they have the upper hand in the conflict. Security forces in the first few weeks of a state of emergency declared in May forced most fighters out of major urban areas, but they have been unable to dislodge them from a forested national park and mountainous areas with caves where they have been hiding out.

---

and you believe you are applying brains by repeating the same headlines with different stories? very factual indeed craig. very factual

careful. cos if you keep repeating the same thing over and over again. the it's paranoia at play.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by nachrisbedis: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB: Ah! Now, if Cameroon want to have their villagers murdered, they will agree to this deal.

Or perhaps, the useless Naai-gerians will be told no-can-do, unless they operate under the tutelage of France. With their hearts bleeding after the loss of Bakassi, who knows what the failed and ill-disciplined military of Naai-geria might do.

Nigeria seeks deal to hunt Boko Haram inside Cameroon

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=125754

Nigeria is negotiating a security agreement with Cameroon and France to grant its troops access to Boko Haram settlement in the former French colony, which officials claim has become the new haven for the fighters.
"It is discovered that Boko Haram terrorists now launch attacks on Nigeria from their hideouts in villages located on the Cameroonian side of the border," a Defense Ministry official told Anadolu Agency on Thursday, requesting anonymity for the sensitivity of the issue.
"It is for this reason that we are seeking an agreement with Cameroon and France which still maintains some military outpost in its former colony to enable our troops to, where and when necessary, chase these terrorists down to their haven," he added.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oh my... this boy will kill me with his foolishness. good to see that you are digging deeper as to how we are planning to end this once and for all.

dat'll do pig... dat'll do. i like this grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

You got that right, boytjie. Absolutely nothing to prove.

It's all there. It speaks for itself.

Painful facts. In words and pictures. Can't be erased.

I don't dwell in the wordy, loud but empty posts of this thread. I post to the point and anger Naai-gerians.

That's what I do.

What makes you think the picture is painful? We love it. Please provide more of tortured BH terrorists. Shows they are getting captured by the Mighty Nigerian military, which is what we have been saying all along.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Oh I absolutely love it!

So hurt are the Naai-gerians their only answer is "low IQ".

Well, "low IQ" and "in African"
Won't change the evidence in the form of pictures. cry

What evidence my low grade lawyer boy?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by nachrisbedis: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

What makes you think the picture is painful? We love it. Please provide more of tortured BH terrorists. Shows they are getting captured by the Mighty Nigerian military, which is what we have been saying all along.

the boy is paranoid i tell you. he doesn't even read meaning to what he posts. very foolish pig grin

i go make am sweat for here. he go browse tire today grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by nachrisbedis: 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

What evidence my low grade lawyer boy?

evidence of NA torturing boko haram grin

and he thinks that will anger anyone. the boy na real jonzing kitten grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Ahahaha! You wish I would stop searching the web. Ain't gonna happen! grin

And I don't even need to search, the stink permeates the internet, the inter web. No searching is necessary.

But then again, this is fun. Like MacDees, I'm lovin' it. I make ... run. undecided

Even sadder still. Please, can anyone help CraigB with a partner? He definitely needs one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

What makes you think the picture is painful?[s] We love it. Please provide more of tortured BH terrorists. Shows they are getting captured by the Mighty Nigerian military, which is what we have been saying all along.[/s]

It's evident from the howls, barks and the lovely airtime that I am getting

It's obvious Naai-gerians are hurting.

And by the way, I post what I want, when I want to.

Calling for me to post things is a waste of time.

I'm too clever for that kindergarten strategy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
na_chris_be_dis:

the boy is paranoid i tell you. he doesn't even read meaning to what he posts. very foolish pig grin

Make u no mind am. E nor understand wetin e dey post. Make u pepper am.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
na_chris_be_dis:

You have been sidelined by your inability to shift mental gears.

Stuck in the first gear is your brain.

Your arguments haven't progressed since - I don't know - yesterday?

You were even blessed with a banning for your troubles. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

It's evident from the howls, barks and the lovely airtime that I am getting

It's obvious Naai-gerians are hurting.

And by the way, I post what I want, when I want to.

Calling for me to post things is a waste of time.

I'm too clever for that kindergarten strategy.

Haha! Sorry, you and clever don't go together.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

Make u no mind am. [s]E nor understand wetin e dey post. Make u pepper am.[/s]

Many have tried. Many have failed. I can't be ignored. Facts hurt souls on this thread. Naai-gerian retards can only bite their lower lips so long.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

Haha! Sorry, you and clever don't go together.

I don't expect to win awards, while I hurt Naai-gerians.

kiss

Too clever for that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Gone are the loud "we are winning" arguments. Replaced by a sorry "we are making progress" whimper.

"Pathetic" does not even begin to describe the whole sodding affair.

The net is closing . Continue to read and weep. I will summon you when we get there for you to bow your head and admire the best fighting force in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Many have tried. Many have failed. I can't be ignored. Facts hurt souls on this thread. Naai-gerian retards can only bite their lower lips so long.

Haha, people don't ignore you, they just make a fool of you, but you are too dumb to realise.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
While their brothers are disgracing themselves in the North-East of the country, the other Naai-gerian soldiers are disgracing themselves on the other side of the country.

This military can do absolutely nothing right.

_______

Nigeria: One Soldier Feared Dead As Bayelsa Dep-Gov's Boat Convoy Crashes

Yenagoa — A soldier on the security team of the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Rear Admiral John Jonah (rtd) was Sunday feared dead in a boat crash along the mangrove in the Ogbia-Nembe waterways.

While the ex-soldier reportedly died on the spot, two others sustained serious injuries.The boat driver was said to have lost control of the watercraft, veered off the water and crashed into the mangroves at about 8 am.

Though a source said nobody died from the incident, one of the soldiers attached to the Joint Task Force (JTF), Operation Pulo Shield, was said to have sustained serious injuries.

"The boat ran into the mangrove forest. About three of the soldiers were injured but the injuries of one of them was serious," the source who pleaded anonymity said.

It was learnt that the deputy governor was on his way to Nembe for a private visit when the accident occurred.

Contacted, Senior Special Assistant to the deputy governor on Media, Mr. Ebi Evinson, could not be reached but the Media Coordinator, JTF, Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, confirmed the accident but said the soldiers were not attached to the deputy governor. He insisted that nobody died from the accident.

He, however, said the injured victims had been treated in a clinic and discharged.

"No soldier is attached to the convoy of the deputy governor. The soldiers were only behind the convoy when the boat veered off the water and ran into the mangroves. Only two soldiers sustained minor injuries. Nobody died", he said.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

Haha, people don't ignore you, they just make a fool of you, but you are too dumb to realise.

Oh, yes - the oldest trick in the book. When arguments fail, turn to the man. It won't work. It only inspires me because it shows I'm on top.

I've seen it all. Pure inspiration.

Inspiration. So are the fake "hahahas" and emoticons, which really are "sob sob sob".

Suffer the Naai-gerians.

________

The fake Naai-gerian "hahahas" in action below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJW0jb_0CkU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

You have been sidelined

You were even blessed with a banning for your troubles. grin

sidelined. yet still getting your full attention and response. how ironic grin

i see how i'm beginning to play with your head. grin you really wish me gone. it must be something i'm doing to your head grin

good to see my games working.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

The net is closing . Continue to read and weep. I will summon you when we get there for you to bow your head and admire the best fighting force in Africa.

Will that be in the year 2080?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Shekau is dead - says who?

Say Naai-gerian propagandists?

Even if he were dead...big deal! Boko Haram is still able to capture your soldiers' wives and children today.

So, in the end, Shekau's dreams and desires are happily being given effect to by Boko haram and you military can't stop it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
grin
CraigB: While their brothers are disgracing themselves in the North-East of the country, the other Naai-gerian soldiers are disgracing themselves on the other side of the country.

_______

Yenagoa — A soldier on the security team of the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Rear Admiral John Jonah (rtd) was Sunday feared dead in a boat crash along the mangrove in the Ogbia-Nembe waterways.

While the ex-soldier reportedly died on the spot, two others sustained serious injuries.The boat driver was said to have lost control of the watercraft, veered off the water and crashed into the mangroves at about 8 am.

Though a source said nobody died from the incident, one of the soldiers attached to the Joint Task Force (JTF), Operation Pulo Shield, was said to have sustained serious injuries.

"The boat ran into the mangrove forest. About three of the soldiers were injured but the injuries of one of them was serious," the source who pleaded anonymity said.

It was learnt that the deputy governor was on his way to Nembe for a private visit when the accident occurred.

Contacted, Senior Special Assistant to the deputy governor on Media, Mr. Ebi Evinson, could not be reached but the Media Coordinator, JTF, Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, confirmed the accident but said the soldiers were not attached to the deputy governor. He insisted that nobody died from the accident.

He, however, said the injured victims had been treated in a clinic and discharged.

"No soldier is attached to the convoy of the deputy governor. The soldiers were only behind the convoy when the boat veered off the water and ran into the mangroves. Only two soldiers sustained minor injuries. Nobody died", he said.

You mean like the South African soldier who shot himself or the one killed by a poacher? grin You didn't even read the article that said ex-soldier.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
chris365:

sidelined. yet still getting your full attention and response. how ironic grin

[s]i see how i'm beginning to play with your head. grin you really wish me gone. it must be something i'm doing to your head grin

good to see my games working.[/s]

Have you forgotten you invited me to play?

Now you want to cry because your brain refuses to play ball?

Don't blame me. You asked for it. Blame your parents who gave you bad genes.

When you're done with that, show us why your military shouldn't be ranked below that of a small island in the pacific. cry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1: grin

You mean like the South African soldier who shot himself or the one killed by a poacher/ grin

Oh my! The South African soldiers also crashed a boat which was part of a convoy carrying leaders?

My, my...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Oh my! The South African soldiers also crashed a boat which was part of a convoy carrying leaders?

My, my...

Did you read the article which said ex-soldier, olodo. It didn't say a soldier was piloting the boat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

Did you read the article which said ex-soldier, olodo.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Suffer the Naai-gerians!

Is that the retort?

Ag shame...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Suffer the Naai-gerians!

Is that the retort?

Ag shame...

Nor does it say a soldier was piloting. Try another one lawyer boy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
rka1:

Nor does it say a soldier was piloting. Try another one lawyer boy.

Ah! I get it. The politician was piloting himself. The soldier was just enjoying a glass of champagne at the back of the boat.

Nice.

You are the best thinker that mankind has ever been blessed with.

You are wonderfully made and your thinking comes in great blitzkrieg-like things that can't even be described.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB: While their brothers are disgracing themselves in the North-East of the country, the other Naai-gerian soldiers are disgracing themselves on the other side of the country.

_______

wow!! so you truly dwell on confusion. undecided

in other news. the true useless military. according to craigpig's logic grin

[size=15pt]SANDF soldiers drown in the DRC[/size]
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/sandf-soldiers-drown-in-the-drc-1.418555#.Ur3OO_vdWho

special forces that can't swim shocked oh my..

[size=15pt]Three SADC special forces members drown during Namibian exercise [/size]
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32120:three-sadc-special-forces-members-drown-during-namibian-exercise&catid=55:SANDF&Itemid=108

how useless grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
chris365:

wow!! so you truly dwell on confusion. undecided

in other news. the true useless military. according to craigpig's logic grin

[size=15pt]SANDF soldiers drown in the DRC[/size]
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/sandf-soldiers-drown-in-the-drc-1.418555#.Ur3OO_vdWho
[s]
special forces that can't swim shocked oh my..

[size=15pt]Three SADC special forces members drown during Namibian exercise [/size]
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32120:three-sadc-special-forces-members-drown-during-namibian-exercise&catid=55:SANDF&Itemid=108[/s]

how useless grin

Oh wow! The desperation of a hurt Naai-gerian knows no bounds. 2008, is it?

That bad?

As for the rest of the post, scratched out of course. Time is money and junk falls to be scratched out.

So hurt is the Naa-gerian that he decided to search the inter web for answers. cry
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
CraigB:

Have you forgotten you invited me to play?

Now you want to cry because your brain refuses to play ball?

Don't blame me. You asked for it. Blame your parents who gave you bad genes.

When you're done with that, show us why your military shouldn't be ranked below that of a small island in the pacific. cry

grin grin grin grin
common. there must be other ways to vent your frustration than attacking my parents smiley i'm not gonna engage in that. just keep exposing your 1diocy for me jare grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
chris365:

grin grin grin grin
common. there must be other ways to vent your frustration than attacking my parents smiley i'm not gonna engage in that. just keep exposing your 1diocy for me jare grin

They did give you the brain, did they not? How am I attacking them if I'm just stating an obvious fact? They gave you bad genes. Who else gave you the genes?

Don't blame me if you can't keep up. Blame them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
hi everyone i tink am going to start posting on this thread now.cos some people realy needs to be re-educated about some stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.