Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305795 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

Asking a question for clarification is different from asking to know if you can get away with lies.

She also did ask if she should tick no....meaning she was just trying to decide the implication on both her and the dependant and also had not submitted the application.

sometimes post wording and intention can be quite different ooo but ofcourse we judge based on wording cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

I think its necessary because the action of one person affect all of us, we should call it out each time somebody come out publicly seeking for a way to circumvent a system.

Sometimes we Nigerians take extraordinary step to do the wrong thing even when doing the right thing is easier.

Baba it was simple question to gain clarity. You don't need to jump into unnecessary conclusions. To have asked means someone needed guidance. Offer it and stop splitting hair over nothing
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Someone who fills an application based on truth will not ask that question

How do you know that?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

Asking a question for clarification is different from asking to know if you can get away with lies.

You probably didn't read the question well. You think everyone who asks a simple question has some negative motive in mind.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
fatima04:

Hmmn, it is not a lie as it is being treated here. When I was filling this form my interpretation of the question is "is the dependant coming with you to the UK" simply because the superceding explanation states this" is to enable you put in their passport information details for when your dependant applies" which they will have to fill an independent application.

I believe this is just for verification purposes only to match up the details of the principal and dependants

When filling for Tier 2 with dependants you want to be careful, especially when the COS covers
them for fund maintenance requirement.

For example, when applying for NI, a question asks where was your visa issued (my BRP clearly states UK) but in reality DWP wants you to choose Nigeria. When my friend assumed differently and chose UK, he got called in for an interview for a false misinterpretation.

This is in no way trying to justifying lying on applications/ang scenario because it just complicates your life out in tying loose ends.

Thanks fatima04... She filled No afterwards. Thanks for taking the time to understand

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
CharisJay:

Thanks fatima04... She filled No afterwards. Thanks for taking the time to understand

..because that is the truth.."is the dependant coming with you to the UK"? Is either yes or no, if the dependant will be joining you later you add that info in space provided so that it will be considered during their application.

My issue was not really with your post but with this
missjekyll:

I m not quite happy with the tone of this reply. I preferred the first two replies. Lying is not an exclusive preserve of Nigerians. Babies start to lie before they can talk.
Poster only wanted to know whether there are any advantages to adding an extra passport number when applying.

I cant help though poster. I dont think it ll reduce the cost of the visa so just answer no and jump and pass. Tier 2 visa are usually walk overs anyway as they need your tax to finance f***ing brexit

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Rubyventures:

Some Nigerians are compulsive liars, even the things they don't need to lie about, they will still lie. Its in their DNA, its such a shame because it gives the rest of the country a very bad name. I once heard that the embassy interrogators deployed to Nigeria are given special training.

Issalie grin they give them special training grin wow!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
RalphJean:

Very true. Someone will blatantly lie in answering the most basic of all questions. Then when kasala burst, and visa is denied, the usual suspects (village people) are blamed.

Hahaha! IKR! Poor village people grin It is well biko!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
missjekyll:

I m not quite happy with the tone of this reply. I preferred the first two replies. Lying is not an exclusive preserve of Nigerians. Babies start to lie before they can talk.
Poster only wanted to know whether there are any advantages to adding an extra passport number when applying.

I cant help though poster. I dont think it ll reduce the cost of the visa so just answer no and jump and pass. Tier 2 visa are usually walk overs anyway as they need your tax to finance f***ing brexit

Lol, still trying to figure out if I care or not about how you feel about my response. I’m calling a spade a spade.

Have you wondered why (even) African countries are making it harder for us to get visas? Ordinary Ethiopia has the audacity to reject a Nigerian’s visa to their country Cos of our bad habits!

If the person was lying for a good reason, e for make sense, but for a very very very flimsy reason, it just touched my soul. So apologies for being blunt but that’s why this is a public platform!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
claremont:
Inasmuch as I'm a Labour Party member through and through, I'm starting to like the positivity of Boris Johnson. Let's get this Brexit thing done with once and for all, and focus on the major issues the country is grappling with. If Boris is brave enough, he should call for a general election and we would make sure Jeremy Corbyn wins it.

A major immigration policy declared today by Boris is the return of the points based Australian style system. You meet the points, you get the visa. No room for subjectiveness or visa denial because the immigration officer doesn't like the immigrant. I came to the country in 2009 as a student via the points based system, I would probably have failed to get in if there was an interview.

Hehehe politicians are not “brave” people. Botis is not stupid enough to call for one. Baba will enjoy that seat till the last drop like aunty May.

But what’s my business, I’m Nigerian- it’s not like naija is any better!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This heat does wonders........

I swear! What’s worse is that we don’t have AC or fan in our house, so person just dey vex anyhow!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aphrodite007:

I swear! What’s worse is that we don’t have AC or fan in our house, so person just dey vex anyhow!

What are you waiting for, order on Amazon and it will get to you tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Haba..... I already invested in 2 AC units, years ago...... So I presently Rest in Peace........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
missjekyll:

It's really funny going tru the reply he got, for juz a simple ? That was asked, and all the SAINTS came out with their judgmental answers... Even the guy that lied with his status got possible advices for his situation but this was just taged a lie. All u can do is simply ansa and move on or u correct him kindly... Una dey forget say at some point in time u guys came here to find answers too

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
CharisJay:

Some of the pipo judging u here lied in one way or the other, mostly those who got their resident permit thru SCH rote...
You claimed to return bck to Nigeria wen don with sch but never did... Now claiming saints, what do u call that, WHITE LIES I guess... When it was very obvious all the guy asked was a ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
MamaEEE:

Some of the pipo judging u here lied in one way or the other, mostly those who got their resident permit thru SCH rote...
You claimed to return bck to Nigeria wen don with sch but never did
... Now claiming saints, what do u call that, WHITE LIES I guess... When it was very obvious all the guy asked was a ?

Just call my ID and repeat that false line like many have done before

grin grin there is nothing like that in student visa application and many of you ignorantly keep repeating that each time somebody speaks against lies and our not-so-good reputation.

Do you actually know that foreign students can legitimately change visa and stay back in the UK after studies?

You need to spend time researching on facts rather than repeating some poor lines from people who has strange relationship with the truth.

Call me a saint i take it any day.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
my oga, i hail oh...how's life...just saying hello
Lexusgs430:

Haba..... I already invested in 2 AC units, years ago...... So I presently Rest in Peace........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
deept:

What are you waiting for, order on Amazon and it will get to you tomorrow

Moving houses o, so can’t purchase anything until we move fully. I go hear am during this period cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:03am On Jul 27, 2019
MamaEEE:

You claimed to return bck to Nigeria wen don with sch but never did... Now claiming saints, what do u call that, WHITE LIES I guess... When it was very obvious all the guy asked was a ?

Lol, are we talking about the same UK that you have to leave the country by force after uni? Because I’m not understanding what you mean.

Whether white or pink lie, the compulsion to lie is quite annoying especially when the truth is actually more favourable. If they want to lie over technicalities, that’s fine. But lying over small issues or big issues that will catch you out, it’s just tiring!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2019
MamaEEE:

It's really funny going tru the reply he got, for juz a simple ? That was asked, and all the SAINTS came out with their judgmental answers... Even the guy that lied with his status got possible advices for his situation but this was just taged a lie. All u can do is simply ansa and move on or u correct him kindly... Una dey forget say at some point in time u guys came here to find answers too

The guy that lied about the status, did you see my response to him? Also, did it occur to you that we just finished solving one person’s lie only to see another person trying to lie for a frivolous reason?

Anyway, I appreciate the compliment- being called a saint is something to be proud of these days!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:35am On Jul 27, 2019
DaveChapelle:
my oga, i hail oh...how's life...just saying hello

I dey hail back, my Oga.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 6:42am On Jul 27, 2019
I think this whole issue is kind of confusing to me. My wife want to apply for tier 4 by October against Jan with 3 dependants. Our plan is that she should apply first then the dependants can apply after her Visa has been granted.
My question is, when filling the application will she say yes or no that she'll be coming with dependants?
If she says yes, will she include the maintenance fee for the dependants in her statement or only her maintenance?
Please I need clarification. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:
I think this whole issue is kind of confusing to me. My wife want to apply for tier 4 by October against Jan with 3 dependants. Our plan is that she should apply first then the dependants can apply after her Visa has been granted.
My question is, when filling the application will she say yes or no that she'll be coming with dependants?
If she says yes, will she include the maintenance fee for the dependants in her statement or only her maintenance?
Please I need clarification. Thank you

Why do you want to apply separately?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:

Yes, separately. We'll start dependants process (28 days for statement) Immediately after her Visa has been granted.

Because of fund and possibility that her Visa could be refused (God forbid)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Please how true is this

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2019
Now I understand why you criticize people unnecessarily. If you are in position of that person, I mean not privilege through student visa, am sure you will do the same. We found ourselves in this country not by our power but God wishes.

Am not in support of lies neither do I say she's leing, all am saying is stop critics and advise someone wisely. You quickly jump into conclusion on people when it comes to visa, I read most of your post in the Visa section.

One way or the other, everyone have ever lied in their life time, even our president lied to Nigerians to win election.

May God forgive us all.

justwise:

Just call my ID and repeat that false line like many have done before

grin grin there is nothing like that in student visa application and many of you ignorantly keep repeating that each time somebody speaks against lies and our not-so-good reputation.

Do you actually know that foreign students can legitimately change visa and stay back in the UK after studies?

You need to spend time researching on facts rather than repeating some poor lines from people who has strange relationship with the truth.

Call me a saint i take it any day.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:

Because of fund and possibility that her Visa could be refused (God forbid)

So why not wait and make the application together? I have read here people doing the same thing but i still don't see the sense in it.

If your wife will be traveling together with the kids then they should apply together and not one after the other.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2019
ab4m:
Now I understand why you criticize people unnecessarily.
If you are in position of that person, I mean not privilege through student visa, am sure you will do the same. We found ourselves in this country not by our power but God wishes.

Am not in support of lies neither do I say she's leing, all am saying is stop critics and advise someone wisely. You quickly jump into conclusion on people when it comes to visa, I read most of your post in the Visa section.

One way or the other, everyone have ever lied in their life time, even our president lied to Nigerians to win election.

May God forgive us all.

I think you are confused, let me ask you this..why do you understand why i criticize people unnecessarily according to you?

May God forgive you first, i pray for my own forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:
Please how true is this

lol Boris Johnson appointed his brother to head govt office? nepotism..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

So why not wait and make the application together? I have read here people doing the same thing but i still don't see the sense in it.

If your wife will be traveling together with the kids then they should apply together and not one after the other.

Boss I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But let me try to explain again.
If we want to apply together we'll need about N13m but if she apply first with about N4.5m then after she successfully secure the Visa, myself and the 2kids will use about N8.5m to apply. So we're llooking at managing 9m for the application instead of about N13m
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:

Boss I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But let me try to explain again.
If we want to apply together we'll need about N13m but if she apply first with about N4.5m then after she successfully secure the Visa, myself and the 2kids will use about N8.5m to apply. So we're llooking at managing 9m for the application instead of about N13m

grin

Now you are coming out clean about the whole issue of applying separately but this is the issue..

If the money will be coming out from the same account then chances are that you going to face a lot of scrutiny from the embassy.

Unless you want to allow your wife to travel, pay her fees, get accommodation then you people can apply for join her.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

grin

Now you are coming out clean about the whole issue of applying separately but this is the issue..

If the money will be coming out from the same account then chances are that you going to face a lot of scrutiny from the embassy.

Unless you want to allow your wife to travel, pay her fees, get accommodation then you people can apply for join her.

The fees will be paid completely and our plan is to stay with my brother who is a British citizen and has a 4 bedroom duplex. Do you think it's a good plan? Or we should work towards applying together?
Thanks so much for your time

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.