Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302190 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
Be warned...... Council Property or Residential Mortgaged applicants.........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
They should come to East London (Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Stepney Green and Mile end and see wonders). Too many properties, some of them council flats used for this business. Most of them are Asians and making a killing. I do Airbnb almost every week day and must confess it's a life saver.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
@nomad26 Sending you a PM please. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Better eat and enjoy your cashew nuts yourself....... grin

Lol, you are not nice grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
danberg:
Happy Sunday Ladies and Gents

Please oh, all my ogas in the house, help a brother!
I just arrived London yesterday with 30 bottles of well-roasted chilli-peppered Cashew nuts. Please, I humbly need your advice in disposing them sharply. I stay at llford 2 minutes from Newbury park station.

My brother in Nigeria intends sending them regularly to me here if I can dispose them at a good rate quickly, that way I can have something coming in on the side. cheesy

Thanks in advance!

I was waiting for the part where you will say you want to dash people only for you to want to become dangote of cashew nuts.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
Let's replace this cashew nuts, with black market antibiotics purchased in the UK........

My question is why? To visit a GP is free, to collect antibiotics is also free........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, you are not nice grin grin

Madam..... What more could we say....... cheesy
Let's hope he does not purge on his cashew feast.......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

I was waiting for the part where you will say you want to dash people only for you to want to become dangote of cashew nuts.

Dangote started from somewhere....... Remember...... Humble beginnings.......... shocked

From cashew nuts to oil blocks.............. wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Lol. Quote me again on Xmas day. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Dangote started from somewhere....... Remember...... Humble beginnings.......... shocked

Thank God you know!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Sco pa tu mana cheesy

danberg:

Lol. Quote me again on Xmas day. cheesy

Remind me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Braket: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
dustydee:
They should come to East London (Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Stepney Green and Mile end and see wonders). Too many properties, some of them council flats used for this business. Most of them are Asians and making a killing. I do Airbnb almost every week day and must confess it's a life saver.
Do you mean that you sublet or you rent for yourself?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
I've replied.
Mamatukwas:

@nomad26 Sending you a PM please. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
Braket:

Do you mean that you sublet or you rent for yourself?
I use airbnb as a guest.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
nomad26:
I've replied.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Braket: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
dustydee:

I use airbnb as a guest.
Ah okay.
But settling for an Airbnb accommodation isn't easy I. It practically took almost two days to decide Which one to settle for.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
Braket:

Ah okay.
But settling for an Airbnb accommodation isn't easy I. It practically took almost two days to decide Which one to settle for.
True. I try to balance cost, proximity to work, reviews etc.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Let's replace this cashew nuts, with black market antibiotics purchased in the UK........

My question is why? To visit a GP is free, to collect antibiotics is also free........

The why is when the GP refuse to prescribe it. They are always in a hurry to dismiss you by saying keep giving him fluids. I have been to the A and E 3ce in 24hrs when my son was really Ill but they kept telling me to give him water, just because all the symptoms was not up to 7days.

On each visit i had to wait more than 3hrs to even be attended to. The 3rd time I refused to go home with him and the on call doctor had to put him on admission.

Dont let me even start on doctors dt will attend to you for barely 1min after waiting several hours for them.

I wouldn't buy drugs in the UK illegally though, I tell my visitors to always buy drugs for their use when coming, I cant shout abeg
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

The why is when the GP refuse to prescribe it. They are always in a hurry to dismiss you by saying keep giving him fluids. I have been to the A and E 3ce in 24hrs when my son was really Ill but they kept telling me to give him water, just because all the symptoms was not up to 7days.

On each visit i had to wait more than 3hrs to even be attended to. The 3rd time I refused to go home with him and the on call doctor had to put him on admission.

Dont let me even start on doctors dt will attend to you for barely 1min after waiting several hours for them.

I wouldn't buy drugs in the UK illegally though, I tell my visitors to always buy drugs for their use when coming, I cant shout abeg

I can see you already visited A & E..... I believe our body is like a motor vehicle, understanding when our cars are spluttering and why + understanding symptoms....... So you guide your medical practitioner..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
Pls is there a link where one can see the list of registered religious institutions licensed to issue marriage license in Nigeria.

Need to verify sth urgently. Thank you all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Simple solution...... If GP fobs you off..... Head to A&E........

Its A&E as well. Went to GP in the morning, got worse went to A and E around 7 told us to go home around 10. Then had to go in the middle of the night when ibuprofen wasnt even doing anything.

Could be my own local A&E though
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

You did the right thing........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

Its A&E as well. Went to GP in the morning, got worse went to A and E around 7 told us to go home around 10. Then had to go in the middle of the night when ibuprofen wasnt even doing anything.

Could be my own local A&E though

When you speak from a point of knowledge, they bend backwards..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I can see you already visited A & E..... I believe our body is like a motor vehicle, understanding when our cars are spluttering and why + understanding symptoms....... So you guide your medical practitioner..........

It's even my son that is the issue because of all infection he picks from nursery.At a point I was becoming worried and wanted to run some tests but trust them to dissuade me from it and say it's common and I should even be happy his infection rate is just every 2months.

I trust myself in naija, we for don do typhoid , malaria and all join and give am correct injection grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

When you speak from a point of knowledge, they bend backwards..........

Exactly, one has to really ask question and be adamant, it's like they tell them to attend to patients under 1minute or maybe there is a reward for seeing the most patient sha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

Exactly, one has to really ask question and be adamant, it's like they tell them to attend to patients under 1minute or maybe there is a reward for seeing the most patient sha

Not all GP's are one minute men/ladies....... Some go over 5 minutes......... grin

It's pressure..... Too many people to see, in very little time.... One minute on pt 1 + 10 minutes on pt 2 and 1 minute on pt 3 etc etc ...... At the end, an equilibrium would be achieved.............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello @fatima04 , any word on this please? I will like to use their services too. Thank you.

Belovedolu:

Do you still have this contact or any cheaper one? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2019
addbol:
Hello @fatima04 , any word on this please? I will like to use their services too. Thank you.

Yes I do for Birmingham. You may PM me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Trajan(m): 11:58am On Jul 30, 2019
Good morning family,
I have been silently following contributions here and must commend us all for being supportive of one another.
I just arrived the UK. I am an EU national. Please, can anyone help me with job because I couldn't get anything reasonable online.

Here are the things I am good at:

* I am a good artist (everything art and crafts) and good with music too.
* I am also good with digital marketing,
* Driving,
* Ms Office suite,
* Forex trading and training
* Deejaying - DJ

I don't possess any university degree just diplomas.

Any help is appreciated

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
HomeClassNG:
I have a question.

How does one with siblings who are citizens in the UK, apply to join them?

If it to join them for good and migrate to UK based on a sibling citizenship .......... There is nothing like that in the UK, UK does not have "chain migration" which means citizens and ILR residents are not allowed to sponsor their extended family members such as siblings .

If it is to visit then the sibling outside uk can apply for visiting visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Trajan:
Good morning family,
I have been silently following contributions here and must commend us all for being supportive of one another.
I just arrived the UK. I am an EU national. Please, can anyone help me with job because I couldn't get anything reasonable online.

Here are the things I am good at:

* I am a good artist (everything art and crafts) and good with music too.
* I am also good with digital marketing,
* Driving,
* Ms Office suite,
* Forex trading and training
* Deejaying - DJ

I don't possess any university degree just diplomas.

Any help is appreciated

Welcome to the UK. I’m no expert but if i were you I’d:
1. Register my Soft Skills/Service based skills on Fiver and similar sites and bid for jobs.

2. Create Art and use your digital marketing skills to sell them. Art is appreciated everywhere but moreso by our Caucasian hosts.

3. Driving is a very good skill to have here but it requires a while to properly monetize.

4. If in a hurry to start earning, consider care jobs. I hear they are easy to get and as an EU National should be even easier for you.

My 2cents. Hope it helps. Cheers.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.