Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306242 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
why do I feel the questions coming through nowadays extremely complex
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Things are about to change........ tongue
Do you mean the weather is about to change?
Lemme get my outdoor gear out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 1:19am On Jan 08, 2021
DisGuy:
why do I feel the questions coming through nowadays extremely complex

I think it’s because the situation in the world right now is extremely complex. Lol. Just like maths:

Normal = Normal
Complex cancel complex

God go help us.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:41am On Jan 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2021
TRAY2:
Happy new year guys, We have been sent emails to book appointment for Covid Vaccination as a patient facing staff and high risk, My other half has advised against having the jab, I am indifferent towards it. Have you guys also received the emails, and have you started getting the jabs? What’s your take on it.I Don’t know the conspiracy theory about it altering our DNA’s.

See the damage ‘Dr’ Stella Immanuel et al have caused?
It’s all nonsense. The vaccines can NOT alter the DNA.
The most basic biology of the animal cell should provide enough evidence that the idea of DNA alteration is pure nonsense.

It’s possible your other half have their genuine concerns about safety, and long term effect. But all the talk about DNA alteration is pure rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:45am On Jan 08, 2021
The Mournes.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:52am On Jan 08, 2021
7:42am

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:55am On Jan 08, 2021
Sun flexing most probs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:21am On Jan 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If your kids have not attained University age, school fees is £0.00.................

For rent, bills feeding etc etc = £1500.00 pcm (safe budget)......

Out of curiosity, what would you say will be the average cost of living for a single person.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2021
Inkredible:

Out of curiosity, what would you say will be the average cost of living for a single person.

I would say £800 pcm, for someone wey belle never big........

But for someone like you......... That one no get budget...... cheesy

NB : loads of factors would also need to be considered.....

Eg -:

Home owner
Renter
Oyster owner
Bicycle owner
Current debt profile
External hangers
Taste
Love of the opposite sex
Stingy person (from Ijebu or Ondo)
Social life
Smoker/non smoker
Etc etc etc......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2021
dustydee:

Do you mean the weather is about to change?
Lemme get my outdoor gear out.

Outdoor gear + Lockdown = irrelevant. ... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2021
RalphJean:

See the damage ‘Dr’ Stella Immanuel et al have caused?
It’s all nonsense. The vaccines can NOT alter the DNA.
The most basic biology of the animal cell should provide enough evidence that the idea of DNA alteration is pure nonsense.

It’s possible your other half have their genuine concerns about safety, and long term effect. But all the talk about DNA alteration is pure rubbish.

I beg leave that woman jor....It appears she’s confused...
There is more to her drama and soon it shall all be in the open (Trust FBI)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I would say £800 pcm, for someone wey belle never big........

But for some like you......... That one no get budget...... cheesy

NB : loads of factors would also need to be considered.....

Eg -:

Home owner
Renter
Oyster owner
Bicycle owner
Current debt profile
External hangers
Taste
Love of the opposite sex
Stingy person (from Ijebu or Ondo)
Social life
Smoker/non smoker
Etc etc etc......... cheesy
Na wa ooo grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:31am On Jan 08, 2021
Inkredible:
Sun flexing most probs.

Great pics!!!

Is that your dog?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2021
iCode2:
Na wa ooo grin grin grin

Nah oshofree, you dey find.......... grin

You must assist with paying rent, buying bone straight, paying phone bill, other miscellaneous contributions etc etc etc............ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aderin0la: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2021
Hello all,

Please I have a friend that really needs the help of our seniors that have been in the UK. He’s set to resume at USW in February; his offer letter came in this week, and the school has set a deadline of early next week for tuition deposit payment (50% of tuition which is about £5900). Because of this, Form A is entirely out of the options, and even fly wire is crazily expensive. Please right now we’re trying to find anybody that wants to send money home this weekend, so he can send naira and then you’ll help him pay his tuition deposit.

This seems like his only/last option and we’re just trying to find somebody with a good heart who’ll give us at a not too expensive rate. Please nairalanders, we really need your help ������...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2021
Aderin0la:
Hello all,

Please I have a friend that really needs the help of our seniors that have been in the UK. He’s set to resume at USW in February; his offer letter came in this week, and the school has set a deadline of early next week for tuition deposit payment (50% of tuition which is about £5900). Because of this, Form A is entirely out of the options, and even fly wire is crazily expensive. Please right now we’re trying to find anybody that wants to send money home this weekend, so he can send naira and then you’ll help him pay his tuition deposit.

This seems like his only/last option and we’re just trying to find somebody with a good heart who’ll give us at a not too expensive rate. Please nairalanders, we really need your help ������...

Not too expensive rate?...... grin

The rate of the day, would be the only way forward, be it 630 or 425........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Aderin0la:
Hello all,

Write to the school and explain and ask for more time..... which school no dey find money. If they are serious they give him extension

Then chase form A.... check the student thread. There are some banks that turn this around within a week and use that bank

Why I say form A... the difference in price between that and black market will be better for £5900. You are much better off using form A for that amount

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 11:26am On Jan 08, 2021
Aderin0la:
Hello all,

Try all the above mentioned suggestions first. Then if all fails come back here and let us know.... Help will come your way ... Gdluck
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Outdoor gear + Lockdown = irrelevant. ... wink
Never a winning trade with you. cry

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:46am On Jan 08, 2021
dustydee:

Never a winning trade with you. cry

Maybe I still donate my brain for research, when I eventually kick that bucket........ (not before)....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Maybe I still donate my brain for research, when I eventually kick that bucket........ (not before)....... grin

Which brain ?...
The one u dey use now or u get another one ? grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 1cutediva22: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2021
Good morning all,
i arrived Uk 8days ago on spouse visa. Am yet to go pick up my brp at the post office. Waiting to complete my 10days isolation.
The issue is dis, i have been trying to reach d National insurance guys on phone for some days now. I have been on hold like forever. Someone once mentioned the ni number is usually at d back of the brp card. Please i need to confirm how true dis is. Or is reaching them on phone,the only way out?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2021
wallg123:

Which brain ?...
The one u dey use now or u get another one ? grin grin

I am willing to donate both........ One is used for thinking critically, the other is used for THINKING......... shocked

Remember, I am a MAN......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
1cutediva22:
Good morning all,
i arrived Uk 8days ago on spouse visa. Am yet to go pick up my brp at the post office. Waiting to complete my 10days isolation.
The issue is dis, i have been trying to reach d National insurance guys on phone for some days now. I have been on hold like forever. Someone once mentioned the ni number is usually at d back of the brp card. Please i need to confirm how true dis is. Or is reaching them on phone,the only way out?

Thanks

Cutediva in distress...... We never like to see a damsel in distress....... cool

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect#:~:text=Collect%20your%20BRP%20once%20you,your%20BRP%20for%2090%20days.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by moetariq: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hello House,
I got my study visa in November, My TB test is expiring this month, January 22nd 2021. With this lockdown, I plan to enter between January 29 and February 10. Will my 22 January expiry date be a problem for me at the border on entry?
I am going with family and their TB test is still valid till May 2021, I am the only one whose own is expiring this month.
Do they always check this TB test cert at the borders?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
NIFES:
Hello All. Please help on this.

We are applying for spouse visa with one dependent child. But while completing the FM child application form for our daughter online under the Finance section, it requested for my (applicant's) employment details instead of my husband's who is the sponsor.
I need a guide please as I do not know if I made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Note, the employment I have is outside the UK, which I do not think suffices for the purpose required and even at that, my annual salary is below the financial requirement threshold.
Thank you.

Nothing wrong with that, enter your employment details even as your hubby is the sponsor.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I am willing to donate both........ One is used for thinking critically, the other is used for THINKING......... shocked

Remember, I am a MAN......... grin
shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olinga(f): 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
URGENT: hello house please I have a question.

on my visa it says entry date 11th January

My school starts on the 11th of January, however I have booked my flight for 10th January. Will I be allowed into London (its a morning flight so I will be arriving that same 10th January)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
Olinga:
URGENT: hello house please I have a question.

on my visa it says entry date 11th January

My school starts on the 11th of January, however I have booked my flight for 10th January. Will I be allowed into London (its a morning flight so I will be arriving that same 10th January)
When is ur visa valid for, that’s when u should book flight for. How can u choose a flight for travel when u dnt have a ‘valid’ visa for that day? Pls explain...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Can someone recommend anybody that changes Naira to £ for me in here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.