Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307653 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2021
tolajay:
Is this applicable to all regions of the UK?

How many family members would this also cater to?

Thanks for the insight.

Plus - minus (but a very safe budget)........

A few factors should be considered - :

- You plan to adopt more kids
- Plan to get pregnant with octuplets
- Exclusive food shopping from Harrods
- Never using public transport (strictly uber or chauffeur)
- Vintage wine, instead of water
- Savoy row tailoring, instead of primark
- Exclusive takeaway (no home cooking)
- Sky sports, instead of freeview
- 24 hours heating on, instead of auto control

And a lot more........... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2021
Date of entry.
tushqueen:
Hello my good people, please how does this International Driver's License work. I heard it can only be used for a year, does it apply to the date of entry into the UK or the date of Issue.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tolajay: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
Hahahahaha!

Lexusgs430:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2021
Pegzzyg:
Happy New Year all. Experienced seniors in the UK @Justwise et all... Please, I need your advise & suggestions as I don't want to make a mistake. I have a Half-Brother (same Father, Mother Nigerian & both resident in the UK) we don't talk per say, I am not sure the City he is now but he was born in the UK, England precisely! My Mom said he used to stay with us over 30 years ago while on Holidays in Nigeria.

My question now is if to declare him in my Tier 4 Application or not? I want to be very transparent in my Application but he has never acknowledged me as a Sibling, me too same, feeling is mutual, I'd say we are incommunicado & I don't even know the City he is now, we just don't talk....

Between, my Late Dad was also a British Citizen. What's your advise please? I would really anticipate & appreciate your inputs, guidance and suggestions.... Thanks!

No.

If you’re not sure you know him, then the answer is No.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 12:11am On Jan 06, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

some even flush after taking dumps.

Whao! You have seen a lot in your time. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Pegzzyg can get unto trouble for false declarations.... at the end of the day this is a biological sibling. You must not be in best terms with a family member neither do you have to love each other or talk to each other . Neither does the form state only relatives you are in best terms with

The question is straight forward. Do you have a relative in the UK. Yes or No . It is not a subjective question but a direct question which has only one truthful answer

Then OP clearly doesn’t know who this person is, since they are relying on the information that their mum gave them.

I had relatives in the UK when I was doing my studies but I didn’t declare them because I didn’t know them. I didn’t want the interviewer to ask questions about them that I wouldn’t have been able to answer confidently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2021
Aphrodite007:
Page 510. Nawa. I have to read 10 pages to fact-catch up.

Someone can’t even get busy in their life without you people leaving them behind cry
Hahaha, I just read 10 pages too. I have been trading in bits but every time I go away for a day, I come back to 2 additional pages. Finally caught up today.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:20am On Jan 06, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Then OP clearly doesn’t know who this person is, since they are relying on the information that their mum gave them.

I had relatives in the UK when I was doing my studies but I didn’t declare them because I didn’t know them. I didn’t want the interviewer to ask questions about them that I wouldn’t have been able to answer confidently.

There was a lady in similar shoes.... her sister been here a while she clicked no.... and it came up that she had a sister and was denied

She trying to reapply now. This applicant Pegzzyg , who asked this question father is British and so is the long lost brother. You and I dont know what the UKVI have on file regarding the father. She loses absolutely nothing by indicating yes she has a sibling and have lost contact in additional information which is the absolute truth

We are not talking about long line of relative here but a direct siblings so let be careful in advice that dont end up creating problems. Is there anywhere on the form that says only declare relatives you confidently can answer about .....let not try to fill form the Nigerian subjective way . UKVI does not reject anybody for having a sibling, parents, relatives here however there been cases of rejection for false declaration

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:59am On Jan 06, 2021
Things are about to change........ tongue

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wongwe: 9:34am On Jan 06, 2021
Please does anyone knows how to send package from Nigeria to Uk at a cheaper rate. Help a brother with what you have tested and trusted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2021
I’ve gotten conditional offers from some uni and sent necessary documents. I’m only waiting for the unconditional offer letter and CAS. However, I don’t know how long this will take and if the lockdown will slow things down. Someone advised I leave and put in my visa application from outside the UK. I’m just worried because time is running out. What will you suggest? I don’t want to overstay.
Bourne007:
@bolded .. every (wo)man's circumstances are different cheesy

Just to be clear, No one needs to go through the same process as long as their is an official guideline for you to follow. These new visas only came into effect just recently and it will be difficult to actually find someone.

The new rules clearly say a Tier 4 dependant can now apply in-country so I am not sure why you are looking for someone who doesn't exist. Did you manage to get admission and gotten CAS?

You can definitely switch your visa alone and be on a Tier 4. Your partner who's out of the country can immediately apply to be depandant when you get your visa. If your partner happens to get BRP and back in the country, he can again switch immediately.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2021
I know right. I just want to know if dependent apply later because it seems like a brp replacement visa may take time to be issued. And by then it would have expired. The new rules are so confusing.
Aphrodite007:

Two scholars have said what I would have said. You can now switch visas easily while in-country so have fun. I just dey pity your pocket but family comes first.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2021
mimilyrics:
Date of entry.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2021
Sent you a message

assumpta1:
I’ve gotten conditional offers from some uni and sent necessary documents. I’m only waiting for the unconditional offer letter and CAS. However, I don’t know how long this will take and if the lockdown will slow things down. Someone advised I leave and put in my visa application from outside the UK. I’m just worried because time is running out. What will you suggest? I don’t want to overstay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
I have a problem with our people – Nigerians, we talk too much and think we know anything – WE KNOW NOTHING. You begin to realise how USELESS we are to the world when you consider that it is GAVI that is organising freebies for us in terms of vaccines etc. You begin to see how USELESS we are to the world when governors – leaders of territories can gather themselves and travel abroad to go and beg Bill Gates (a private citizen of another country) for aid. Lord, you begin to see how USELESS we are when it takes UK overseas Aid (FCDO) and USAID to roll out development projects across the country. We are very USELSSS people to humanity. The only thing we keep contributing are gigantic worship centres and stupidity.

There is a reason why foreigners think we are stupid, we act presumptuously and are very opinionated and that is always our undoing.

Whether you know someone who took out a BBL or some other govt largesse flying everywhere, what you know is nothing compared to the £billions lost through Furlough, government contracts, Eat Out to Help Out and of course the cheap loans (BBLS, CBILS, CLBILS).

Look at these characters calling out a govt official in Nigeria on something that doesn’t concern her. Look at them calling out the tax collector over issues that do not concern them. The evidence out there shows that more organised units especially from within the UK and Eastern Europe have led the trail. We do not top the charts even in cybercrime and online fraud, yet we are the most notorious. Huspuppi and co are just jokers in the game compared to low key masters who will never be known! Why can’t we shut up? How many whites have you seen calling out other whites on these issues (we briefly had the issue of increase in luxury cars and then everything went silent)? You are even telling the tax collector that you can identify a fraudulent person – what if it’s decided that no fraud was involved, and the fellow decides to sue for defamation or wrongful accusations?

Let’s be calming down and minding our own business – we would live longer. A loan only becomes an issue when repayments begin and there is ongoing support for business directors for wrongful trading and loan repayment. What’s painful is that many of these folks have never run a company and do not even know what it entails. Let the govt decide what will be. I get the feeling that there is more behind the facade for this online display of immaturity.

I’m not supporting fraud but advocating we mind our own business. Information/knowledge demands responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HYFR007: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
The rich prophets, bishops and pastors (Made in Africa) got me laughing grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2021
assumpta1:
I know right. I just want to know if dependent apply later because it seems like a brp replacement visa may take time to be issued. And by then it would have expired. The new rules are so confusing.

As far as you’ve applied, the expiry of your visa/BRP should not worry you. Normally the dependent can apply anytime, but in your case, you may need to apply at the same time:

A = sponsor
B = dependent

If A wants to become dependent on B, B must become sponsor first.

A cannot depend on a “dependent”. That is, A cannot be sponsored by someone that’s currently being sponsored.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
LagosismyHome:

There was a lady in similar shoes.... her sister been here a while she clicked no.... and it came up that she had a sister and was denied

She trying to reapply now. This applicant Pegzzyg , who asked this question father is British and so is the long lost brother. You and I dont know what the UKVI have on file regarding the father. She loses absolutely nothing by indicating yes she has a sibling and have lost contact in additional information which is the absolute truth

We are not talking about long line of relative here but a direct siblings so let be careful in advice that dont end up creating problems. Is there anywhere on the form that says only declare relatives you confidently can answer about .....let not try to fill form the Nigerian subjective way . UKVI does not reject anybody for having a sibling, parents, relatives here however there been cases of rejection for false declaration

Fair point. I believe the reason for the declaration is so that the person can claim being related to you, in their own visa application.

But you’re right, the dad may have declared the long lost brother, so the OP may have to.

I think the OP should explain not knowing who the brother is but knows that one exists somewhere (I think they ask for addresses of the relatives, can’t remember).

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2021
Chukwuka16:
I have a problem with our people – Nigerians, we talk too much and think we know anything – WE KNOW NOTHING. You begin to realise how USELESS we are to the world when you consider that it is GAVI that is organising freebies for us in terms of vaccines etc. You begin to see how USELESS we are to the world when governors – leaders of territories can gather themselves and travel abroad to go and beg Bill Gates (a private citizen of another country) for aid. Lord, you begin to see how USELESS we are when it takes UK overseas Aid (FCDO) and USAID to roll out development projects across the country. We are very USELSSS people to humanity. The only thing we keep contributing are gigantic worship centres and stupidity.

There is a reason why foreigners think we are stupid, we act presumptuously and are very opinionated and that is always our undoing.

Whether you know someone who took out a BBL or some other govt largesse flying everywhere, what you know is nothing compared to the £billions lost through Furlough, government contracts, Eat Out to Help Out and of course the cheap loans (BBLS, CBILS, CLBILS).

Look at these characters calling out a govt official in Nigeria on something that doesn’t concern her. Look at them calling out the tax collector over issues that do not concern them. The evidence out there shows that more organised units especially from within the UK and Eastern Europe have led the trail. We do not top the charts even in cybercrime and online fraud, yet we are the most notorious. Huspuppi and co are just jokers in the game compared to low key masters who will never be known! Why can’t we shut up? How many whites have you seen calling out other whites on these issues (we briefly had the issue of increase in luxury cars and then everything went silent)? You are even telling the tax collector that you can identify a fraudulent person – what if it’s decided that no fraud was involved, and the fellow decides to sue for defamation or wrongful accusations?

Let’s be calming down and minding our own business – we would live longer. A loan only becomes an issue when repayments begin and there is ongoing support for business directors for wrongful trading and loan repayment. What’s painful is that many of these folks have never run a company and do not even know what it entails. Let the govt decide what will be. I get the feeling that there is more behind the facade for this online display of immaturity.

I’m not supporting fraud but advocating we mind our own business. Information/knowledge demands responsibility.

You are.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
I can’t access the old email associated with this account kiss Please can you resend. I just updated the email associated with this account.
Bourne007:
Sent you a message

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
Yes I get it. It is just so complicated.
Aphrodite007:

As far as you’ve applied, the expiry of your visa/BRP should not worry you. Normally the dependent can apply anytime, but in your case, you may need to apply at the same time:

A = sponsor
B = dependent

If A wants to become dependent on B, B must become sponsor first.

A cannot depend on a “dependent”. That is, A cannot be sponsored by someone that’s currently being sponsored.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Madam, ẹ be like say your neighbours cats, don take their shit show you ọba........ wink

we loathe each other. stupid busu

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2021
HYFR007:
The rich prophets, bishops and pastors (Made in Africa) got me laughing grin

Been seeing this ladies tweet around everywhere and somehow I don't find the derogatory remarks funny or necessary. She could have passed her message well without some parts. Las las sha na we cause am.

Na kuku China they help them as well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2021
You are now officially on your own............ grin

Don't fall ill.......... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:48am On Jan 07, 2021
phyl123:

I love cats because they don’t dirty where they stay. They keep it tidy. They go and do their business somewhere else grin angry grin
That is wicked. grin
But this is no laughing matter. How can they use my garden and I have to keep cleaning after someone else's cat? I am not even confident to allow my kids in to the garden for fear of them stepping on something messy.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by emerald16: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Can a tier 4 visa holder adopt kids in Nigeria, and bring them to the UK during his stay in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Melahou(m): 8:19am On Jan 07, 2021
Can someone please recommend a school or schools one can study that is close to a big city or in a big city where one can easily settle down with affordable cost of living, feeding, accommodation, jobs amongst others with his family.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:07am On Jan 07, 2021
emerald16:

Can a tier 4 visa holder adopt kids in Nigeria, and bring them to the UK during his stay in the UK?

Why you wan adopt wahala(s) on a temporary basis ....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olubunmyn(f): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Good Day,
Am due to travel to the UK sept using tier 4 visa, I have a 6 year old going with me with no partner
What is like to survive and running my own school program and handling the child
Do I go alone first and sort out accommodations and job issues before bringing him over?Is it possible to that way without issues.
Pls help a disturbed mind
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by NIFES(f): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hello All. Please help on this.

We are applying for spouse visa with one dependent child. But while completing the FM child application form for our daughter online under the Finance section, it requested for my (applicant's) employment details instead of my husband's who is the sponsor.
I need a guide please as I do not know if I made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Note, the employment I have is outside the UK, which I do not think suffices for the purpose required and even at that, my annual salary is below the financial requirement threshold.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
olubunmyn:
Good Day,
Am due to travel to the UK sept using tier 4 visa, I have a 6 year old going with me with no partner
What is like to survive and running my own school program and handling the child
Do I go alone first and sort out accommodations and job issues before bringing him over?Is it possible to that way without issues.
Pls help a disturbed mind

Depending on how money fluid you are and if covid drags on to where it still remains online learning. The more online learning then it's a bit easier for you

That been a 6 years has to be supervised at all time. So when the child closes from school at 3.15 you either put in afterschool program or make an arrangement for childcare if you are not home..... same goes for weekend or anytime you want to work as well

So it's possible, definitely easier if you are alone but with a 6yrs you can work around it but the more fluid you are the easier it is . If you have someone in naija to leave him till you settle that another option as well

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
NIFES:
Hello All. Please help on this.

We are applying for spouse visa with one dependent child. But while completing the FM child application form for our daughter online under the Finance section, it requested for my (applicant's) employment details instead of my husband's who is the sponsor.
I need a guide please as I do not know if I made a mistake somewhere along the line.

Note, the employment I have is outside the UK, which I do not think suffices for the purpose required and even at that, my annual salary is below the financial requirement threshold.
Thank you.

You’re better off asking your question here:

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/473#97215765

Or here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3253552/applying-flr-after-initial-uk#47952736

They know your employment is outside the uk, because they expect that you’re outside the UK.

I believe you will be asked to submit your employment details as well as your partner’s. If you have none, just indicate that you don’t and it would probably take you to the part where you fill the employment details for your partner. It could also mean that you selected a wrong answer previously, I can’t say as it’s been a while, however, When I did mine, I supplied mine and my partner’s.

As far as your partner earns more than 19800 in permanent employment + the additional needed for the child, whether or not you’re working will be irrelevant to the case worker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.