Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302952 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anumine: 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
omopapa:
1. Do you have to get transcript by hand to send to them or send it separate from my other documents?

You can attach a scanned copy to the application if required

2. Should I get a letter from Medical Science Council of Nigeria or Just include evidence of my registration with the body?

Get details of someone from MLSCN to use as reference. They will contact this person or the organisation to confirm your registration with them. Email addresses MUST be official emails as they don’t accept personal email. You could also get a reference letter from the association to support your application.

3. Can write I am in English-speaking country or a note from my school?

Since your first degree was taught in English, you can get a letter from your uni to that effect.

Another option is UK NARIC English Language Assessment. It costs £59.40 and will confirm your level of English using your submitted documents/qualifications.

4. What the chances of getting licenced and hence getting job using my B.Sc.?

If you can proof that you are already licensed and working in Nigeria and meet other requirements, it should be smooth sailing. Once you are HCPC registered probability of getting a job from Nigeria is VERY high.

Additionally, you shld apply for UK NARIC statement of Comparability test (costs £60) it will equate ur Nigerian BSc to UK Standard.

Good luck

Pls,I need to know if im supposed to submit an IELTS result for my comparability statement by UK naric.I understand I'll need a scanned copy of my certificate,and my transcript,but id like to know if I'm supposed to add my IELTS result too.
I'm trying to send my credentials to GphC for OSPAP.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anumine: 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
claremont:

I replied to a similar question in another thread and I listed the steps to take to get qualified. In summary, you will need to apply to the GPhC for approval to undergo the OSPAP conversion course. It's a highly intensive course and not everyone passes it. I would recommend Uni'Sunderland due to their low fees and low cost of living, but their version of the course is also one of the hardest to pass. I know one or two Nigerians who failed the course and had to repeat the whole year. You will be in the same class with your fellow Nigerians, Asians, Australians, Canadians, etc, everyone is there to do the conversion course.

When you have passed OSPAP, you will need to undergo pre-registration training with a provider in the UK. It's a 1 year paid job and it's fairly easy to get a training place. It's basically repeating the same internship training you did in Naija after uni. When you have been signed off by your tutor after the training, you will then need to sit and pass the GPhC licensing exam. You have 3 attempts at passing it. A third fail means the candidate is banned from practicing in the UK. The good news is the vast majority pass it on the first or second attempt. A second point is you have only 4 years from approval of the first stage to go through this whole pathway comprising of the 3 steps. This is a valid point because if you don't get qualified on/before the 4th year ending, you will have to start the process all over again. In terms of Tier 2 visa, I don't know much about it, but I do know a few people who went through the full pathway and are currently working on a visa. I don't know the visa they have.

TL;DR - Pass OSPAP, pass pre-registration training, pass GPhC licensing assessment. Start making money! grin

Thank you sir, but pls I'll like to know if I'm to include my IELTS academic result with the documents I'm supposed to send to UK naric for comparability statement certificate. I understand I'll need to send a scanned copy of my certificate and transcript. I'm trying to enrol for OSPAP.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TuniLove: 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good Evening All,

Please I need to exchange naira (#)for pounds (£).

@mamatukwas and others, your response would be helpful.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grace321: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
@umarwy kindly check your mail
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
Anumine:

Thank you sir, but pls I'll like to know if I'm to include my IELTS academic result with the documents I'm supposed to send to UK naric for comparability statement certificate. I understand I'll need to send a scanned copy of my certificate and transcript. I'm trying to enrol for OSPAP.
Thanks

I’m not aware that UK naric are involved in any part of the OSPAP process and don’t know of anyone who had to do this. It’s the GPhC that normally assesses oversea pharmacist qualifications and adjudicate on suitability to undergo the OSPAP course.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anumine: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2021
claremont:

I’m not aware that UK naric are involved in any part of the OSPAP process and don’t know of anyone who had to do this. It’s the GPhC that normally assesses oversea pharmacist qualifications and adjudicate on suitability to undergo the OSPAP course.

UK Naric comparability statement certificate is one of the documents to be submitted to GphC now... Infact, there's a column for UK naric no on the form. I guess they just reviewed it in

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Anumine:

UK Naric comparability statement certificate is one of the documents to be submitted to GphC now... Infact, there's a column for UK naric no on the form. I guess they just reviewed it in

Scan your original certificate.
Scan your transcripts.
Pay the NARIC fees.
Provide an address where you want them to send your comparability certificate to.

Submit those.

And wait for them.

If they require more information ( I don’t think they will), they will ask you.
Don’t bother about IELTS. That’s a different kettle of ponmo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Anumine:

Thanks

NO
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cliffjohnson: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good afternoon house ,please how long can you live in the UK before you apply for provisional license ? I was told 6 months , please i’ll need your help .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
cliffjohnson:
Good afternoon house ,please how long can you live in the UK before you apply for provisional license ? I was told 6 months , please i’ll need your help .
you can apply for it as soon as you get your brp. I thought we have deliberated on this In here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cliffjohnson: 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thank you !
Tobexin:
you can apply for it as soon as you get your brp. I thought we have deliberated on this In here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Since you are a student then definitely student current account. Both are similar and free. The only difference if you are given over draft allowance then with student it is free and you don't pay interest but with the other Current Account Halifax will charge you interest when you use your overdraft
is it possible to open student current account with halifax even though i've only lived a few weeks in the uk?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
onecoder:

is it possible to open student current account with halifax even though i've only lived a few weeks in the uk?

Once you have your resident permit in hand, you can do all that.
I think some banks will also require a letter from your university as well.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
I need to to move goods from Lagos to Manchester, any link with that?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2021
walesho:

Where is @MamaTukwas when you need her??
Come and answer your’name’
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Once you have your resident permit in hand, you can do all that.
I think some banks will also require a letter from your university as well.
this is what i've been getting.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mopeds: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thanks
LagosismyHome:

The home office is all over the place of late.. even issuing comments on the vignette and BRP Incorrectly. Some tier 4 dependent are seeing notes on their visa saying " no work ". The quality control has gone down and actually terrible

Guess maybe we blame it on covid, working from home, short staff and many other disruption caused by covid.

You just have to keep contacting them or see if the school can intervene to help the student and their dependents . Students paid a lot of money in fees for what has become online learning which is not fair for the cost. The least Universities can do is support student and family
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
RalphJean:

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anumine: 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
RalphJean:

Scan your transcripts.
Pay the NARIC fees.
Provide an address where you want them to send your comparability certificate to.

Submit those.

And wait for them.

Ok thanks,so grateful!

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anumine: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
RalphJean:

Scan your transcripts.
Pay the NARIC fees.

Submit those.

And wait for them.

Ok thanks, I'm grateful!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
RalphJean:

Lol I’m here oh thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
walesho:

We can help with this. Office to Office (Lagos to Uk) @ £3.50 per kg + £15 handling fee. No Meat, Fish or Beans. Otherwise no shaking.

Kindly send a PM if you need more details. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2021
Has anyone managed to get their NIMC National identification number (NIN) in the UK recently?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2021
Good morning all, what’s your advice on getting a property with this rating in the pic.

I remember Fatima once advised last year to go for houses on b or c. Generally I am concerned as to how high the bills will be.

(The property is further enhanced by double glazed window units and electric heating.)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chreze(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2021
Also una no tell us say UK no b 24hr a day. My own no de complete 24hrs, before I know day don break, do 2 classes and night don reach. God go help us for this UK ooo. Person no even get time at all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
Chreze:
Good morning all, what’s your advice on getting a property with this rating in the pic.

I remember Fatima once advised last year to go for houses on b or c. Generally I am concerned as to how high the bills will be.

(The property is further enhanced by double glazed window units and electric heating.)

Electric heating is way more expensive than gas heating.

When I was a student in Aberdeen I lived in a house with electric heating, its quite common in northern Scotland. You might have to use it sparingly, depending on your pocket, of course.

However, given this whole global warming stuff, the fact is that you rarely get extreme temperatures in most cities in the UK any more, and you could be fine with a fleece-covered duvet and bedding at night these days.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
famzynet:
Has anyone managed to get their NIMC National identification number (NIN) in the UK recently?

in this Pandemic?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11c9e3QtNg&feature=emb_title

anyone tried the immigration portal?

present nationality?

Visa type: only business?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by muzzling17(f): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Very good advice. It’s literally what I tell my mentees. I tell them to Look at a job spec of their dream job and build themselves to the point that they can tick all of them off.

I’m also happy that you pointed out that UK doesn’t care about degrees.

If I could advise this person, it will be that they should change that course to computing because data is too narrow. Computing gives the opportunity to be anything, provided they certify! The world changes every day, the last thing anyone wants is to be stuck in Data when a new thing comes and replaces Data.

Hebraeem, please post this in the student section, if you’re from there. So students stop limiting themselves.
@LagosismyHome
Hi,
At the bolded word, I just want to tell you that I use your quote in an article I wrote. I hope you don't mind, you can find it between the first 15 line of the article here
PS: I am not the one that asked the question lol. i still dey lagos for my papa house single and unemployed. I do come to travel sections to keep the hope alive.

I will also be deleting link in the next few days. I hope you get to see the quote before then. me self won turn one of your mentees too oooo.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by zeb04(f): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello guys, pls i need you all to look at this.

I am an embryologist, and i just got a job with a Hospital in Manchester after doing series of interview.

the starting salary is 25k annually which i consider small for me.

I would like to find out the best city to stay,( within a 30mins radius to Manchester) because i dont think i can live in the city center with that amount. also do you advise i bring my family immediately? will that salary be enough for us.

Please i need help, i have just a month to get ready.

@justwise and everybody else.

thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
zeb04:
Hello guys, pls i need you all to look at this.

I am an embryologist, and i just got a job with a Hospital in Manchester (CF) after doing series of interview.

the starting salary is 25k annually which i consider small for me.

I would like to find out the best city to stay,( within a 30mins radius to Manchester) because i dont think i can live in the city center with that amount. also do you advise i bring my family immediately? will that salary be enough for us.

Please i need help, i have just a month to get ready.

@justwise and everybody else.

thank you.
I think this salary is just enough for a single person without responsibilities.

If the 30 mins is by driving. You can stay in Bolton, Warrington etc. You probably can stay in a shared apartment in Manchester.

There are some Nigerian community in Moston that have shared accommodation arrangements that could suite you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.