Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,383 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311580 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2021
*inserts the rolling eye emoji*

Lexusgs430:

Yes....... Look for someone travelling down.......... Then handover the brown envelope.......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rigvod: 9:15am On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
This is helpful. Thanks a lot.
make sure u send only rounded up figures.. i am hearing any cents or smaller units will not be cashed. Eg 100usd is better than 102.57usd. When it works, abeg come back and tell us

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2021
rigvod:
I wonder why the moderator(s) are removing some people’s posts concerning currency exchange whilst leaving others.
You must understand that this is the situation at hand and for now this mini black market exchange has come to stay. It is nobody’s fault on this platform.
The Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in Nigeria and there’s no timeline nor an end date in sight for this.

They made the harsh rules, blocked the avenues and all of us will be at the receiving end one way or the other, my own is just allow people be.
Thank you!

Pls I need naira.. if you want pounds, send a message

Come @ 550/£ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rigvod: 9:38am On Feb 06, 2021
AirBay:

Come @ 550/£ grin
Even Buhari no do reach this one
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
Good morning folks. Please is there any way I can send pounds to naija and the recipient will get it in pounds instead of Naira ??

Try Sendwave i think they don't charge any commission for dollar pickup

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2021
rigvod:
I wonder why the moderator(s) are removing some people’s posts concerning currency exchange whilst leaving others.
You must understand that this is the situation at hand and for now this mini black market exchange has come to stay. It is nobody’s fault on this platform.
The Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in Nigeria and there’s no timeline nor an end date in sight for this.

They made the harsh rules, blocked the avenues and all of us will be at the receiving end one way or the other, my own is just allow people be.
Thank you!

Pls I need naira.. if you want pounds, send a message

I have Naira. Kindly DM

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dfazz: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Check your mail I need Naira
Mamatukwas:

I have Naira. Kindly DM
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2021
Dfazz:
Check your mail I need Naira

Okay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DInkMan(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Yes....... Look for someone travelling down.......... Then handover the brown envelope.......... grin

Everything is not joke or sarcasm

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2021
DInkMan:

Ok, you tell me how you would send £, and your person in Nigeria........ Would receive £?......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dfazz: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Please the £20,480 is it gross or netpay per annum as I am confuse on this l will appreciate if anyone who has successfully gone thru this can explain better
Bourne007:
Check https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-job. "You’ll usually need to be paid at least £20,480 per year"

If you have a partner on a dependant visa working FT, s/he may qualify with a good credit history

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
I ended up getting Naira from Mamatukwas. The process felt like too much hassle for me.

rigvod:
make sure u send only rounded up figures.. i am hearing any cents or smaller units will not be cashed. Eg 100usd is better than 102.57usd. When it works, abeg come back and tell us
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thank you very much. I got Naira from Mamatukwas already. Recipient will find a way to change the money to pounds in naija.

justwise:

Try Sendwave i think they don't charge any commission for dollar pickup
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Ok, you tell me how you would send £, and your person in Nigeria........ Would receive £?......

Am also waiting grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
Thank you very much. I got Naira from Mamatukwas already. Recipient will find a way to change the money to pounds in naija.

Am I missing something?
1. You have £
2. You exchanged it for NGN (thanks to the ever dependable MamaTukwas).
3. The NGN is in Nigeria.
4. Now the person will find how to change it to ££ (in Nigeria)?? To use it where? In the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
Yes. Hope it makes sense now or do I need to buttress ?

It’s PTA for my mum...

RalphJean:

Am I missing something?
1. You have £
2. You exchanged it for NGN (thanks to the ever dependable MamaTukwas).
3. The NGN is in Nigeria.
4. Now the person will find how to change it to ££ (in Nigeria)?? To use it where? In the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Surely has to be gross income

Dfazz:
Please the £20,480 is it gross or netpay per annum as I am confuse on this l will appreciate if anyone who has successfully gone thru this can explain better
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:

Ok, i just tried them now and the transfer was immediate, £ to $ with no commission..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
DInkMan:

We are still awaiting your solution..........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:

It’s PTA for my mum...

Why don't you just let your mum land in the UK and then you can give her the money physically... instead of this money changing gymnastics? Well... the deed is already done sha.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
BTW... announcing my arrival on this thread grin grin cheesy cheesy. I greet una.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:

It’s PTA for my mum...

This even makes it more bizarre.
PTA in ££
££ is not used in Nigeria.

She will now withdraw Naira.
Go to Aboki and exchange it for ££ at black market prices.

Or she will go to bank, use her visa and passport and apply for PTA (at CBN rate).
Then collect ££ and travel to a country where they use ££ (like UK for example).

The spend the ££

Wow...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
Phewww. Let this rest pls. Money has gotten to the recipient and that’s all that really matters. Na wah o.

SamReinvented:

Why don't you just let your mum land in the UK and then you can give her the money physically... instead of this money changing gymnastics? Well... the deed is already done sha.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ok.

RalphJean:

PTA in ££

Or she will go to bank, use her visa and passport and apply for PTA (at CBN rate).
Then collect ££ and travel to a country where they use ££ (like UK for example).

The spend the ££

Wow...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ibuske: 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Hello everyone. Please I will appreciate if anyone can help me with the Nigeria High Commission Office, London phone number to call. I've tried all the phone numbers on their site, but not connecting.

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
This is why I dislike asking for help/opinion sometimes on this thread. I don’t think I owe anyone further explanation as per why i had to send Naira for her to get ££. I needn’t go into every detail!!!

I wonder why you’re dissecting and analysing something that has already been sorted. Plsssss let it rest, it’s becoming annoying.

At the end, it’s not your money and it’s not your headache. I asked for suggestion/opinion, I’ve separated the chaff from the wheat. Whoever likes can continue to masturbate over a done deal. Eyin lemo!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
This is why I dislike asking for help/opinion sometimes on this thread. I don’t think I owe anyone further explanation as per why i had to send Naira for her to get ££. I needn’t go into every detail!!!

I wonder why you’re dissecting and analysing something that has already been sorted. Plsssss let it rest, it’s becoming annoying.

At the end, it’s not your money and it’s not your headache. I asked for suggestion/opinion, I’ve separated the chaff from the wheat. Whoever likes can continue to masturbate over a done deal. Eyin lemo!!!!!!!

Take it easy ... it just a question because the logic sounds a bit odd but the comment means well and you might just learn a better process of what to do next time .... we all learn everyday.

No vex ..

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
RalphJean:

PTA in ££

The spend the ££

Wow...

Total speculation

Send Naira to Naija at black market rate.

Use banks CBN rate to get PTA from banks.

The overhead na profit.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
People that actually wanted to help already did. If someone wants to help then they would state how that person can do it better instead of waohing and being sarcastic. The entire money wasn’t for pta as she would use some of it in Nig and that’s why I felt it was better that way.

Ain’t above learning, I wouldn’t ask questions here in the first place if I felt that way. It just hurts how a simple question turned into sarcasms and making someone feel like a simpleton. But it’s all good.

Thanks ma’am.

LagosismyHome:

Take it easy ... it just a question because the logic sounds a bit odd but the comment means well and you might just learn a better process of what to do. .... we all learn everyday.

No vex ..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
Phewww. Let this rest pls. Money has gotten to the recipient and that’s all that really matters. Na wah o.

Me just dey curious ni. No vex cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mimzyy:
People that actually wanted to help already did. If someone wants to help then they would state how that person can do it better instead of waohing and being sarcastic. The entire money wasn’t for pta as she would use some of it in Nig and that’s why I felt it was better that way.

Ain’t above learning, I wouldn’t ask questions here in the first place if I felt that way. It just hurts how a simple question turned into sarcasms and making someone feel like a simpleton. But it’s all good.

Thanks ma’am.

Truly the bold happens here and sometimes it not nice to be honest. Not everyone enjoys such banter. Some do but some dont

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by steadyMoving22: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Hi everyone any idea of how nice and great University of West Scotland is,most especially for student opportunities aswell as for student jobs and accommodation around her environment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.