Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311535 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
hmmmm

Please what's ur opinion about spousal visa going for mortgage tho? with both parties working..

LagosismyHome:

Why the rush to get a mortgage with Tier 4..... mortgage can be a heavy responsibility.

Especially not at this time, if you don't want the house selling too is not that easy . Mortgage is income dependent as well, with 20 hours salary even if bank was to give, that Mortgage calculation will come out so small. Also Tier 4 cannot do BTL (buy to let) either so tier 4 should really be more focused on their studies . Except you are a cash buyer , I doubt if any mortgage lender will give a tier 4 mortgage. That won't be very wise

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
profemebee:
hmmmm

Please what's ur opinion about spousal visa going for mortgage tho? with both parties working..

What visa are you calling spousal visa?..... tier 4 dependent or another category?

The bank would be best to advice, when I got a mortgage, I was told by bank and broker that it was only those with at least ILR or something permanent.... years later i seen here that Tier 2 mortgage is possible...(it was here i heard it first from)

If you mean one party has citizenship and the other is on spouse , I would think if Tier 2 can be given then this category should also be available. ....So i think the bank or a mortgage broker would be the best to advice .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Emeraldvoque: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
[left][/left]Hi @Grace321 have you gotten the contact details you want? I can help with that, if you haven’t.
Ogedadiva:
Hello Grace 321,I have been trying to mail you. Apparently, it appears I don't really know how to,again using my phone.

You mentioned that you have a mail of University of Chester personnel that someone can mail to and get a quick response in the student forum.. Please can you state it please?

I missed my admission because of their reluctance nature even after paying school fees. I have deferred for the next intake. However,I need the right contacts for mailing.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Please I need naira, can anyone help?
@omopapa and Mamatukwas
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
yeaa, spousal visa which is one person is a citizen

thanks for the response

LagosismyHome:

What visa are you calling spousal visa?..... tier 4 dependent or another category?

The bank would be best to advice, when I got a mortgage, I was told by bank and broker that it was only those with at least ILR or something permanent.... years later i seen here that Tier 2 mortgage is possible...(it was here i heard it first from)

If you mean one party has citizenship and the other is on spouse , I would think if Tier 2 can be given then this category should also be available. ....So i think the bank or a mortgage broker would be the best to advice .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:56am On Feb 07, 2021
SamReinvented:
BTW... announcing my arrival on this thread grin grin cheesy cheesy. I greet una.

Why? Are you coming with kilishi? cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ogedadiva: 6:38am On Feb 07, 2021
Emeraldvoque:
[left][/left]Hi @Grace321 have you gotten the contact details you want? I can help with that, if you haven’t.

I will really appreciate that !

Thanks for asking!

I have Kate's email address. Is there another email I may need to use apart from her and applyinternational?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Why? Are you coming with kilishi? cheesy

grin grin grin Na kulikuli I dey bring

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2021
dustydee:
Please I need naira, can anyone help?
@omopapa and Mamatukwas

Buying "urgent pounds" @ 550 / £ grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2021
AirBay:

Buying "urgent pounds" @ 550 / £ grin grin grin
Thanks but not urgent tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
SamReinvented:

grin grin grin Na kulikuli I dey bring
cry

Lol, welcome! Please read backwards, there’s invaluable info in this thread courtesy some amazing godfathers and godmothers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

cry

Lol, welcome! Please read backwards, there’s invaluable info in this thread courtesy some amazing godfathers and godmothers.
And god children too. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
profemebee:
hmmmm

It will depend on alot of things

1. How many years the spouse has stayed in the UK and how many years left on her visa

2. The type of job she is doing... zero hours sort of job is a problem

Some lenders will base their decisions on these issues

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Emeraldvoque: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
You’re welcome.

Oh, okay. It’s the same Katy’s email address and the applyinternational’s that I have. And they’ve been promptly responding. Don’t know any other one, sorry �.

Ogedadiva:

I will really appreciate that !

Thanks for asking!

I have Kate's email address. Is there another email I may need to use apart from her and applyinternational?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Yes....... Look for someone travelling down.......... Then handover the brown envelope.......... grin

Am happy to travel because of that and willing to get the brown envelope as far the pounds is between £5-8k. I go even so Express covid19 test
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 1:55am On Feb 08, 2021
How much do you want to send

Mimzyy:
Good morning folks. Please is there any way I can send pounds to naija and the recipient will get it in pounds instead of Naira ??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 7:11am On Feb 08, 2021
Good morning. Sent it already. Thanks sir.

omopapa:
How much do you want to send

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ogedadiva: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
It's alright!
Thanks again.

quote author=Emeraldvoque post=98844452]You’re welcome.

Oh, okay. It’s the same Katy’s email address and the applyinternational’s that I have. And they’ve been promptly responding. Don’t know any other one, sorry �.

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dfazz: 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
Please can anyone suggest to me companies or organization that will be willing to grant credit card to a tier 4 dependent, the purpose is to build credit history in UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brine(m): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
Dfazz:
Please can anyone suggest to me companies or organization that will be willing to grant credit card to a tier 4 dependent, the purpose is to build credit history in UK.

Try capital one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
Dfazz:

Aqua
Capital one
American express

Be mindful of there exorbitant rates.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Captaincool1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
I am expecting my invitation to work in the UK as a nurse.

I have so many concerns cos my brother in the UK is discouraging from coming due to no much activities as a result of covid 19.

What are the challenges in the hospital sector. Though I was told I would start as a caregiver.

I would need help from caregivers in the UK. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
Captaincool1:

You mean you are currently a Nurse, and is awaiting a Work Visa to migrate to the UK and practice as a registered Nurse (possibly in the NHS)?

I have so many concerns cos my brother in the UK is discouraging from coming due to no much activities as a result of covid 19.

What is your brother telling you? That there are no activities for Nurses in the UK due to Kovik?

What are the challenges in the hospital sector. Though I was told I would start as a caregiver.

Was it your prospective employer that told you that?

As a caregiver, the ‘help’ I may render to you is:
Do your homework well as to what you want, and the genuineness of the offer you will be getting

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
Captaincool1:

Are you a nurse? Are you A nurse coming to do care, as in, Health Care assistant? If yes, it’s shocking because I didn’t know they sponsor carers.

If you’re coming into the medical sector, there are lots of job, doctors, nurses and carers are even overwhelmed sef.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
Captaincool1:

I don't know for sure how nursing or care home is fully set up but this the second time I am seeing this were nurses appear to be working in a care home

Regarding coming. If you feel UK will give you a better opportunity then go for it and hopefully covid will be in better control this 2021. ... just ensure when you start work that you are fully kitted in PPE

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I don't know for sure how nursing or care home is fully set up but this the second time I am seeing this were nurses appear to be working in a care home

Regarding coming. If you feel UK will give you a better opportunity then go for it and hopefully covid will be in better control this 2021. ... just ensure when you start work that you are fully kitted in PPE

...& vaccinated too.

I know a nurse who got a job from nigeria.
They are currently in the UK.
Working as a Nurse. In a Care Home.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dfazz: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
I have tried all of them and i am still ineligible, could this be due to I have not lived in UK up to 6 months
umarwy:

Aqua
Capital one
American express

Be mindful of there exorbitant rates.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Dfazz:
I have tried all of them and i am still ineligible, could this be due to I have not lived in UK up to 6 months

Forget about Amex, they are very picky..

Go for marbles credit card or Vanquis

One of those would oblige you.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:01am On Feb 09, 2021
RalphJean:

...& vaccinated too.

I know a nurse who got a job from nigeria.
They are currently in the UK.
Working as a Nurse. In a Care Home.

Yes, they do place most International nurses on Band 3 which is equivalent to HCA until they pass the OSCE exam and get to Band 5. It's not so bad because the employers pay for the training, exam etc al. Some even pay IELTS, there registration and flight.

That aside, I still feel nurses are not well compensated in this country

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:04am On Feb 09, 2021
Dfazz:

Trying all of them at once is a mistake. It will start showing on your file, thats if you have one. It shows you are eager for credit.

You are also still pretty new in the UK, most won't even consider you until you spend 3yrs in the country.

My advise is wait 6months and once you get a job, build your credit by paying your utility bills etc on time and then reapply.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:39am On Feb 09, 2021
Try getting a sim only contract or even phone contract from the big telecoms like EE, 3, Vodafone, O2 and the likes to open a credit file for ursef.

Also, try capital one, they can give u like £250 and if u manage well, they will increase it

Dfazz:

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2021
Dfazz:

Each time you apply for a credit card it goes on your record, and each denial makes it more difficult for the next one to succeed.
You just came, and since you want to dive into the wonderful world of credit, instead try paying your some of your bills by direct debit, if you have a car, pay your insurance and car tax by direct debit (more expensive than in full because of interest, but you were willing to pay 39.9% APR and above for a credit builder card), see if you can take out a mobile phone contract, buy small items like perhaps a phone too, buy clothes and stuff online using Klarna and other credit providers, etc. Slowly you start to build up a record, and from when you've been here perhaps a year with a clean record, you can start seeking a credit card.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.