Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311864 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Futureukstudent: 10:03am On Feb 09, 2021
Hello, good morning everyone, I have been following this thread for some time, but due to some reason I decided to create a new moniker so has to be able to comment. I will like the guru in the house or anyone at all to help with certain info
1. Please which schools in the uk accept 3rd class for a MSC or MBA?

2. I am planning to start applying for schools now for September in take, how long will it take after the school givea admission before u can apply for visa?

3. Are there any other program someone can do with a 3rd class in the u.k?

I will be very glad if someone gives me a reply. Thank you in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2021
Futureukstudent:
Hello, good morning everyone, I have been following this thread for some time, but due to some reason I decided to create a new moniker so has to be able to comment. I will like the guru in the house or anyone at all to help with certain info
1. Please which schools in the uk accept 3rd class for a MSC or MBA?

2. I am planning to start applying for schools now for September in take, how long will it take after the school givea admission before u can apply for visa?

3. Are there any other program someone can do with a 3rd class in the u.k?

I will be very glad if someone gives me a reply. Thank you in advance.

The answers thou seekest dwelleth there upon the pages hither:

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/140

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yakeeboy: 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
hello please i need your advise. what is the possibilities of securing a tier 2 visa with this profile

BA LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY(NIGERIA)

MSC PSYCHOLOGY(UK)

and currently gained admission for SEPT 2021 to study
MSC MENTAL HEALTH NURSING(UK)

the issue is that the school fee for this course is enormous(£30,000) and i wont want to commit much without being gainfully employed and sponsored for tier 2. any advice guys please....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2021
Yakeeboy:
hello please i need your advise. what is the possibilities of securing a tier 2 visa with this profile

BA LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY(NIGERIA)

MSC PSYCHOLOGY(UK)

and currently gained admission for SEPT 2021 to study
MSC MENTAL HEALTH NURSING(UK)

the issue is that the school fee for this course is enormous(£30,000) and i wont want to commit much without being gainfully employed and sponsored for tier 2. any advice guys please....

Are you asking for yourself? Or for someone else?

A masters (MSc) in psychology in the UK takes no less than 9 calendar months.

My opinion (and I know they will soon come after me) is that YOU, having spent a year doing an MSc in the UK should be the person to be consulted when it comes to the work prospects of MSc Mental Health Nursing.
You should actually be the consultant.
If I may ask you, why did you choose Mental Health Nursing, after a Psychology and a Philosophy degrees? One would think ‘Twas because your research led you to the bright prospects of mental health nursing, yes?

The mental health nursing you wish to study, does it grant you licence to practice in the UK as a Mental Health Nurse? If yes, then you could potentially be ‘hot cake’. If no, then...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yakeeboy: 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
RalphJean:

My opinion (and I know they will soon come after me) is that YOU, having spent a year doing an MSc in the UK should be the person to be consulted when it comes to the work prospects of MSc Mental Health Nursing.
If I may ask you, why did you choose Mental Health Nursing, after a Psychology and a Philosophy degrees? One would think ‘Twas because your research led you to the bright prospects of mental health nursing, yes?

The mental health nursing you wish to study, does it grant you licence to practice in the UK as a Mental Health Nurse? If yes, then you could potentially be ‘hot cake’. If no, then...
with the 2 year msc in mental health nursing i would be qualified to practice in UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by steadyMoving22: 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2021
RalphJean:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Estroller: 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
Dfazz:
I have tried all of them and i am still ineligible, could this be due to I have not lived in UK up to 6 months

To add to what others have advised, register on the electoral roll if you have not done so and get one or some of your household bills in your name. Also try registering with totallymoney & clearscore to access your credit file as it is with transunion and equifax respectively. Good luck.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2021
steadyMoving22:

Currentlytly thinking on doing an MSC in mental health nursing with my BA in philosophy aswell. How possible is it kindly?

@yakeeboy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Walle01: 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2021
omopapa:
1. Do you have to get transcript by hand to send to them or send it separate from my other documents?

You can attach a scanned copy to the application if required

2. Should I get a letter from Medical Science Council of Nigeria or Just include evidence of my registration with the body?

Get details of someone from MLSCN to use as reference. They will contact this person or the organisation to confirm your registration with them. Email addresses MUST be official emails as they don’t accept personal email. You could also get a reference letter from the association to support your application.

3. Can write I am in English-speaking country or a note from my school?

Since your first degree was taught in English, you can get a letter from your uni to that effect.

Another option is UK NARIC English Language Assessment. It costs £59.40 and will confirm your level of English using your submitted documents/qualifications.

4. What the chances of getting licenced and hence getting job using my B.Sc.?

If you can proof that you are already licensed and working in Nigeria and meet other requirements, it should be smooth sailing. Once you are HCPC registered probability of getting a job from Nigeria is VERY high.

Additionally, you shld apply for UK NARIC statement of Comparability test (costs £60) it will equate ur Nigerian BSc to UK Standard.

Good luck

Please i want to ask
1. can someone use a student copy for naric?
2. Will I have to still get in touch with my school for verification from naric...as in; will NARIC demand a transcript directly from school following my application?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2021
Walle01:

Please i want to ask
1. can someone use a student copy for naric?
2. Will I have to still get in touch with my school for verification from naric...as in; will NARIC demand a transcript directly from school following my application?

Thank you.

1. Yes
2. Probably not. They may, they mayn’t.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2021
You and this your bros shaaa

Anyway, if the job offer comes with tier2 sponsorship, even as a cleaner please embrace it with your full chest.

Captaincool1:
I am expecting my invitation to work in the UK as a nurse.

I have so many concerns cos my brother in the UK is discouraging from coming due to no much activities as a result of covid 19.

What are the challenges in the hospital sector. Though I was told I would start as a caregiver.

I would need help from caregivers in the UK. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Wizzy2010: 11:48pm On Feb 09, 2021
Please any shipper/cargo service to Nigeria around Newcastle or Sunderland . Please Holla.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:07am On Feb 10, 2021
DisGuy:

@yakeeboy

Investigator baba grin grin, tuale sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:22am On Feb 10, 2021
fatima04:

Investigator baba grin grin, tuale sir

I'm not investigating o

Just calling him since he's already done the same course as this gentleman

Like Ralph mention, he should be the go to consultant, he's got admission for Msc Mental health nursing smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 2:54am On Feb 10, 2021
Please I would like to know the path way for a Nigerian trained physiotherapist to pursue a career in the UK...any thread I can look up? A family friend is looking for help

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2021
Wizzy2010:
Please any shipper/cargo service to Nigeria around Newcastle or Sunderland . Please Holla.

Mamatukwas
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
icon8:

Mamatukwas

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hopefuliam: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Dear house
I tried accessing my stanbic pensions (out of job for 4 monthd and in the uk) and i was informed i have to come physically to submit the form in Nigeria.
Please has anyone encountered this.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Healhtyliving: 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
This is not true. You are probably speaking to a wrong person with lack of knowledge. First did you update your profile before you left Nigeria
? Did you activate the online platform? If you answer yes to the above questions, then you should be able to access the fund seamlessly online without visiting any StanbicIBTC office. Please note I am speaking from experience.
hopefuliam:
Dear house
I tried accessing my stanbic pensions (out of job for 4 monthd and in the uk) and i was informed i have to come physically to submit the form in Nigeria.
Please has anyone encountered this.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hopefuliam: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
Yes i did
But i was told i was to bring the signed formed for data capture in other to get the 25%
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Healhtyliving: 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
This means you didn'tdo your data capture before you left naija
hopefuliam:
Yes i did
But i was told i was to bring the signed formed for data capture in other to get the 25%
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
hopefuliam:
Yes i did

Scan the completed form and a notarised copy of all supporting documents (including your current proof of address) to pensionsolution@stanbicibtc.com and complete your data recapture here: https://formelo.stanbicibtcpension.com/recapture/
You don’t need to go to Naija to process the payment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
data capture??

omo i have to tidy this when next i'm in naija.. i get online emails and all but dont remember seeing any request for that..

Healhtyliving:
This means you didn'tdo your data capture before you left naija
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JanegirlN: 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
Please Is it possible for a toddler born in the UK to travel with the parents to naija without a passport and then get a passport issued in naija before returning back to the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
JanegirlN:
Please Is it possible for a toddler born in the UK to travel with the parents to naija without a passport and then get a passport issued in naija before returning back to the UK.

I doubt if anybody ( adult and child starting from a one day old baby) can travel without a passport for an "international flight".... British passport and no naija passport or any expired passport yes but no passport or no ETC. Highly unlikely
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:32am On Feb 11, 2021
JanegirlN:

If this was possible, I would also be a kidnapper....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JanegirlN: 6:53am On Feb 11, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I doubt if anybody ( adult and child starting from a one day old baby) can travel without a passport for an "international flight".... British passport and no naija passport or any expired passport yes but no passport or no ETC. Highly unlikely

Thanks.
This covid/Lockdown accompanied with our very disappointing embassy will just make someone loose home training and start reasoning the impossible.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JanegirlN: 6:54am On Feb 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If this was possible, I would also be a kidnapper....... grin

grin Wahala
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DiamondOkpi(f): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2021
Good morning house. Please can anyone tell me if there are jobs in Sheffield City. I'm planning on attending Sheffield Hallam university, want to come with my husband and kid. Hoping I'll see part time work while he's free to work full time. Please Is Sheffield conducive to such a plan. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2021
Hi, highly impossible. If baby doesn’t have passport then it automatically means no BRP. It also means cannot return back from Nigeria without needing a new entry clearance if at all baby gets to leave here in the first instance.
JanegirlN:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2021
JanegirlN:

Thanks.
This covid/Lockdown accompanied with our very disappointing embassy will just make someone loose home training and start reasoning the impossible.

Have you tried going to Nigeria High Commission to see what services is been offered during lockdown. It might be skeletal services but some support or services will be offered ie ETC.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JanegirlN: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ace2013:
Hi, highly impossible. If baby doesn’t have passport then it automatically means no BRP. It also means cannot return back from Nigeria without needing a new entry clearance if at all baby gets to leave here in the first instance.

She actually has a brp. I don't think a child born in the UK needs a passport to get issued a brp, atleast we didn't. Just a birth cert. will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.