Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1313449 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
I posted a message here, about 2 years ago. I warned NEVER to buy council properties......

I got queried by some, this was my reason........ cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:
I posted a message here, about 2 years ago. I warned NEVER to buy council properties......

I got queried by some, this was my reason........ cheesy

I believe it has nothing to do with the council property but the cladding I think. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zdig: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
determined:

Please has anyone renewed their Nigerian passport in the UK lately? What's the process? How long will it take?

Thanks for your responses.

Hiya, I just did Biometric Capture on Tuesday 8/06/2021. I applied and made payment October 2020. Passport to be posted to me via Royal Mail, so fingers crossed. My experience at the High Commission was surprising; well organized and no delays, was in and out in 1 hour. There is also the Fast Track provision now, just cost £100 more. All the details of requirements and process are here:http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2021
marylandcakes:

I believe it has nothing to do with the council property but the cladding I think. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

It's got nothing to do with cladding, but regular maintenance aka the council claiming back part of your equity..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Zdig:

Hiya, I just did Biometric Capture on Tuesday 8/06/2021. I applied and made payment October 2020. Passport to be posted to me by Royal Mail, so fingers crossed. My experience at the High Commission was surprising; well organized and no delays, was in and out in 1 hour. There is also the Fast Track provision now, just cost £100 more. All the details of requirements and process are here:http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/. IsCheers
did you book for it? And what's the link?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zdig: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2021
The link I posted. Here again :http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi there, kindly permit me to ask how long after you made payment did you get an email inviting you for biometrics?

Zdig:

Hiya, I just did Biometric Capture on Tuesday 8/06/2021. I applied and made payment October 2020. Passport to be posted to me via Royal Mail, so fingers crossed. My experience at the High Commission was surprising; well organized and no delays, was in and out in 1 hour. There is also the Fast Track provision now, just cost £100 more. All the details of requirements and process are here:http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/. Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
Zdig:
The link I posted. Here again :http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/
okay. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hi Fam, what is the fastest and easiest way of getting part time jobs? I think online application is very slow.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It's got nothing to do with cladding, but regular maintenance aka the council claiming back part of your equity..... wink

Ok. That’s fine.
The only reason I thought so was because right now most people are staying away from flats as flat owners have been faced with heavy bills because of this cladding thing.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
marylandcakes:

Ok. That’s fine.
The only reason I thought so was because right now most people are staying away from flats as flat owners have been faced with heavy bills because of this cladding thing.

An old colleague told me she having a hard time remortgaging her flat due to cladding. I wanted to speak to her about something else so didn't bother asking about the details on the issue

I guess maybe some banks are not willing to give a mortgage for such flats after the recent fires
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
LagosismyHome:

An old colleague told me she having a hard time remortgaging her flat due to cladding. I wanted to speak to her about something else so didn't bother asking about the details on the issue

I guess maybe some banks are not willing to give a mortgage for such flats after the recent fires

Yes , most of them are having a hard time selling their flats because you need a fire safety certificate to sell and if there’s cladding on the building, no fire officer in his or her right mind will issue one until all the cladding has been taken down and this cost money.
Anyone who wants to purchase a flat these days goes for low rise and the ones made of bricks and mortars.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by folaosemen: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2021
Top of the day to everyone in the house. Any Radiographer in the house? If you have successfully migrated to the UK through NHS job application, please help me with your template of statement of information (supporting document) and likely interview questions. Can I get a radiography job through an agent in the UK? Please help me with reliable contacts as well.

This is my email address below.
patrick_ose@yahoo.com.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Send me a dm
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
jesmond3945:
Hi Fam, what is the fastest and easiest way of getting part time jobs? I think online application is very slow.
Online is still the fastest, oh and registering with multiple Agencies plus word of mouth
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Glass123:
Good evening
Please who has done international certificate of good character check and UK DBS here
And how did you go about it?
It’s usually required for people going for masters in social work and some other teaching courses
Please help out!!
Thankyou.
nah office dem wan open 4 ur head be that, Int certificate of whaaat?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zdig: 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mimzyy:
Hi there, kindly permit me to ask how long after you made payment did you get an email inviting you for biometrics?

Sure- Made payment on 18th October 2020, received invite for Biometric Capture on the 27th May 2021(221 days, 32 weeks, 7 Months).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greathand01: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good afternoon...just wondering...can one get a care support or clinical care or HCA jobs via NHS from Nigeria. Some of the NHS Hospitals sometimes put there that applications from overseas for a Tier 2 visa are welcomed. But in real sense, will they be willing to grant certificate of sponsorship from Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lynniebabes(f): 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
I was told you can pay rent for a long time in a property then later if you want to buy . The rent paid will be minus from the rent paid in previous years and you pay the balance. But I guess it’s council house and it’s for citizens not students
justwise:

You meant buy to rent?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
lynniebabes:
I was told you can pay rent for a long time in a property then later if you want to buy . The rent paid will be minus from the rent paid in previous years and you pay the balance. But I guess it’s council house and it’s for citizens not students

Yes you are right that sound like council house arrangement.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Please Let’s all be guided. Don’t drink and drive in the UK embarassed
I went out last night to London to meet up with old work colleagues and friends at Regents Park. One of my friends who also happens to be an engineer like myself secured a job few months back that pays him over £75k + £15k bonus and a 2021 plate BMW. He was asking me to leave my company and look for more money. I said baba I’m comfortable at my job and I’m trying to stay and I’ve not thought of moving elsewhere yet. After listening to him rant about his recent achievements I almost felt I was doing bad in my career. I was surprised he drove this new car into Central London. Anyways I left regent park at 09:00 pm to catch my train back home. Only for me to wake up this morning with the news that my friend was involved in an accident and his new car has been written off. He was also arrested last night as it appears the accident was very serious. I called his phone this morning m and the a police lady pick up the call and said he will give me a ring later.
My guy needs his driving license for his job, which means he has lost the job. he was driving under the influence of alcohol and weed. He might go to jail depending on police evidence..
The moral of the story remains please avoid the temptation of drinking even if na 1 bottle and driving. Also don’t let no another person achievements make you feel less about yourself….
Let me go and look for my friend

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
Thank you.

Zdig:

Sure- Made payment on 18th October 2020, received invite for Biometric Capture on the 27th May 2021(221 days, 32 weeks, 7 Months).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Temitopegold221: 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hello everyone , I have been here looking for a job for over four months now, please does anyone know any local agency in East London, that can help facilitate a job, the Asians in my school are asking that I pay 350 pounds to help get a job with their agent, please help a sister
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uchemus(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
Anyone staying in middlesbrough, how is life at middlesbrough?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
Temitopegold221:
Hello everyone , I have been here looking for a job for over four months now, please does anyone know any local agency in East London, that can help facilitate a job, the Asians in my school are asking that I pay 350 pounds to help get a job with their agent, please help a sister

Amazon is always looking for people. If there is an Amazon warehouse near you, just walk in and talk to the security guard who will help with the agency that recruits warehouse hands.

Prime is next week so they should be busy and need hands.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Temitopegold221:

Where in East London could that be?
What sort of Jobs are you looking at?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Emeraldvoque: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

I’ll be moving to Birmingham shortly from another part of “Queensland” grin grin. So, please for those who have been living there for a while, I’d like to ask if you could tell me about available part time student jobs, if you know of any. And also, what kind of jobs are readily available for students there? Because based on past experience in this Queensland, having the right information is very essential.
Thank you, I’ll be awaiting your contributions smiley.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Temitopegold221:
Part time or full time jobs?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
Temitopegold221:

What passport do you have? naij or other?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
I have never been lucky with this prime don’t even know the good deals on there
deept:

Amazon is always looking for people. If there is an Amazon warehouse near you, just walk in and talk to the security guard who will help with the agency that recruits warehouse hands.

Prime is next week so they should be busy and need hands.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2021
Temitopegold221:

£350 for what nah...... What is your legal status?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2021
jesmond3945:
Search for the company recruiting near you or any care homes either advertising or not , give them a phone call, choose the option to speak with the manager, introduce yourself and go straight to the points, tell them you are living not too far from where they are located and inform them that you would like to come and collect their application form in person, fill the form and return it back same day, they will check and ask you to come next 2-3 days for the interview, if you pass, they can give you your employment letter next day and close the online job advertisement..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.